• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter Storm! WHOOT!

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
We're up to a balmy -3 (F) right now, sunny, and should see high temps around 20. Roads should be cleared up a bit more as the arctic air leaves the area. But I feel for those of y'all who are to the east.

Oh, and Ireland! Yikes!!

Lucky. It's not supposed to get above zero here today, with wind chills still well below zero.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
LOL the trash still hasn't been picked up yet on our street (it's usually on Mondays).

The main streets are more clear now but side streets are still icy and snow packed.

Schools closed again today save for one or two districts in St Louis that are open for classes.

As much as I really miss being at the studio, there isn't more than I can do about the weather, so I've been reacquainting myself with homemaking skills again. And WHOOT am I superb at cooking and cleaning. Kids like having pancakes and waffles for breakfast all together just like when they were younger.

Oh and because I am certifiably insane, I thought I'd experiment with how quickly bare feet would start to hurt outside. They feel cold immediately, start to feel pain in 4 seconds, and then numbness sets in around 9 seconds.

It's weird seeing icy footprints on our floors though. Took my mind off the pain for a minute.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The roads are still horrible here. It took me two hours to get to work, and two hours back. It's finally supposed to be above freezing tomorrow, so I hope the roads are better.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh and because I am certifiably insane, I thought I'd experiment with how quickly bare feet would start to hurt outside. They feel cold immediately, start to feel pain in 4 seconds, and then numbness sets in around 9 seconds.
It's weird seeing icy footprints on our floors though. Took my mind off the pain for a minute.
Welcome to the club. I walk around in snow barefoot regularly.
So you're not insane, you're.....well......you're.....uh.....hey, how you do'n!?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The roads are still horrible here. It took me two hours to get to work, and two hours back. It's finally supposed to be above freezing tomorrow, so I hope the roads are better.

Still horrible here too. And more snow this morning added another monkey wrench to the morning commute for workers. Schools that tried to open yesterday called off again today, so kids are all home and parents everywhere hoping to get back to a routine.

Oh and my car still won't start. A new battery didn't solve anything, so we need to have it towed to the shop. Unless one of all y'all mechanics at RF can get here to help me. :D

For my next experiment, I'm thinking about trying the flower pot-tea light candles-heater thingie for fun. I made biscuits and sausage gravy this morning for the family after last night's chicken and dumplings. They are "comfort-fooded out."

Oh, and not only did we get more snow, but freezing rain is coming in following the snow and continuing through the afternoon.

Weatherz iz FUNZ!!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
No school again today, but temps are climbing quickly. The feelings of dread now are for flash flooding given that we'll be having downpours of rain coupling that with the quickly thawing snow and ice.

Good news, though. My car just started. :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No school again today, but temps are climbing quickly. The feelings of dread now are for flash flooding given that we'll be having downpours of rain coupling that with the quickly thawing snow and ice.

Good news, though. My car just started. :D

Our weather forecasts for the working week...

35, 43, 40, 41, 41 (all in celcius)

In good old farenheit for all you furriners, that goes something like;

95, 106, 104, 105, 105

And I live in one of the cooler parts of Australia.