• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you read Prince Harry's autobiography / scandal book, "Spare" ?

Will you read Harry's book, "Spare"?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No.

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The freckled super-stud I dream of, all nights.

George Soros?

images

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
As a political act, it's not their decision to make though, it is a decision for the government.

People seem to think they have a lot more power than they actually do.

I don't want to derail this thread, so perhaps we should reserve this conversation for another one (although it greatly interests me). I do wonder whether they're entirely helpless to do anything about their ancestors' legacy, though. Don't they personally own any of the stolen items? If those belong to the UK rather than the royal family, then I suppose they can't do anything, but I don't know whether that's the case.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Care to make any predictions about the future direction of politics in the U.K.?

There’s no doubt the U.K., like many other countries, is facing a daunting array of crises, some self inflicted and others due to factors way beyond any one country’s control; how do you see these crises resolving themselves over the next decade, say?
My pleasure.

The Tories will remain becoming more conflicted and extreme at the very least until they lose power, which will probably not take very long now. The core of the ERG will either attempt to establish themselves as a new party of its own, try to corrupt the Lib Dems from the inside as they did with the Tories, or mix with Reform UK to great nihilistic effect. Attempts to keep the Conservative Party alive will doubtlessly exist and be very determined indeed, but the merits of that goal are rather nebulous at this point. The inevitable loss of power to Labour in the somewhat near future will hit them hard but perhaps to their ultimate benefit; they have been very confused at least since Cameron's time and really need some sort of internal purge and reestructuring; it just happens that they will wait until the current behemoth of a party actually collapses beyond the ability to remain in power.

The Lib Dems and Reform UK will inherit some measure of politicians from the Tories, but it is very difficult to predict how many. I get the sense that, unlike here in Brazil, in the UK it is very impactful when a House seat switches from a Party to another.

Labour will... struggle. It is not easy to reverse so many years of self-inflicted delusion and outright harm. It is the biggest current challenge and natural opponent to the Tories, but ideologically it just isn't different enough to pull the trick easily at all.

Scotland will not long suffer Brexit. There will be a new independence referendum in ten years at most. It will be succesful and lead to a long, careful but ultimately very welcome adherence of Scotland to the EU. North Ireland will follow shortly, perhaps by speeding up its reunification with the Republic. Those trends will contribute to further radicalize both the Tories and Reform UK.

King Charles will suffer, even if perhaps only out of irrelevance. He may well decide to abdicate in a few years in favor of William, who is if nothing else less controversial and better liked.

During all that, the economy will be in tatters and periodic humiliating events will remind the UK that they are not a superpower anymore. Some measure of famine and/or violence will probably erupt in ten years or so, mainly because successive Tory governments have arrogantly bet that it could not possibly happen. Inflation will come back with a vengeance. An attempt will be made to present exportation as the magic bullet that will solve it all. Hopefully it will be succesful and bring home how bad an idea Brexit was while at it.

Even so, the economic hardships will be yet another factor to further feed the radicalization of both Conservatives and Reform UK, which will become more and more alike and compete directly for the same contingents of voters and politicians alike for the next few years. Reform UK will not quite survive whichever PR scandal it eventually meets, but it will have ravaged the Tories to some extent before that.

The job market in the UK will be... difficult. It has apparently lost significant numbers of unskilled labour already, and it is more than likely to lose a sizeable fraction of its well-skilled workers as well. Frankly, I am a bit surprised that I am not hearing of a brain drain already.

The House of Lords will have its merit questioned periodically and actual proposals for its extinction may well be presented in the next few years. Particularly as the economic situation becomes more difficult.

The biggest wildcard IMO are the Lib Dems. If they are smart and play their cards right, they may grow a lot in all respects in the next few years, particularly if its leaders are ambitious enough to pursue a coalition government with Labour and thereby cultivate a image of a saner alternative to Tory conservatism. I am hoping for that scenario, which is perhaps the best of all realistically possible paths ahead for the UK.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
“Don’t know, don’t care, couldn’t care less”. - Thor in Avengers Endgame. :D

RestlessSoul

My pleasure.

The Tories will remain becoming more conflicted and extreme at the very least until they lose power, which will probably not take very long now. The core of the ERG will either attempt to establish themselves as a new party of its own, try to corrupt the Lib Dems from the inside as they did with the Tories, or mix with Reform UK to great nihilistic effect. Attempts to keep the Conservative Party alive will doubtlessly exist and be very determined indeed, but the merits of that goal are rather nebulous at this point. The inevitable loss of power to Labour in the somewhat recent future will hit them hard but perhaps to their ultimate benefit; they have been very confused at least since Cameron's time and really need some sort of internal purge and reestructuring; it just happens that they will wait until the current behemoth of a party actually collapses beyond the ability to remain in power.

The Lib Dems and Reform UK will inherit some measure of politicians from the Tories, but it is very difficult to predict how many. I get the sense that, unlike here in Brazil, in the UK it is very impactful when a House seat switches from a Party to another.

Labour will... struggle. It is not easy to reverse so many years of self-inflicted delusion and outright harm. It is the biggest current challenge and natural opponent to the Tories, but ideologically it just isn't different enough to pull the trick easily at all.

Scotland will not long suffer Brexit. There will be a new independence referendum in ten years at most. It will be succesful and lead to a long, careful but ultimately very welcome adherence of Scotland to the EU. North Ireland will follow shortly, perhaps by speeding up its reunification with the Republic. Those trends will contribute to further radicalize both the Tories and Reform UK.

King Charles will suffer, even if perhaps only out of irrelevance. He may well decide to abdicate in a few years in favor of William, who is if nothing else less controversial and better liked.

During all that, the economy will be in tatters and periodic humiliating events will remind the UK that they are not a superpower anymore. Some measure of famine and/or violence will probably erupt in ten years or so, mainly because successive Tory governments have arrogantly bet that it could not possibly happen. Inflation will come back with a vengeance. An attempt will be made to present exportation as the magic bullet that will solve it all. Hopefully it will be succesful and bring home how bad an idea Brexit was while at it.

Even so, the economic hardships will be yet another factor to further feed the radicalization of both Conservatives and Reform UK, which will become more and more alike and compete directly for the same contingents of voters and politicians alike for the next few years. Reform UK will not quite survive whichever PR scandal it eventually meets, but it will have ravaged the Tories to some extent before that.

The job market in the UK will be... difficult. It has apparently lost significant numbers of unskilled labour already, and it is more than likely to lose a sizeable fraction of its well-skilled workers as well. Frankly, I am a bit surprised that I am not hearing of a brain drain already.

The House of Lords will have its merit questioned periodically and actual proposals for its extinction may well be presented in the next few years. Particularly as the economic situation becomes more difficult.

The biggest wildcard IMO are the Lib Dems. If they are smart and play their cards right, they may grow a lot in all respects in the next few years, particularly if its leaders are ambitious enough to pursue a coalition government with Labour and thereby cultivate a image of a saner alternative to Tory conservatism. I am hoping for that scenario, which is perhaps the best of all realistically possible paths ahead for the UK.

Some interesting perspectives, thanks.

You forgot to say whether England would win the World Cup at some point. But I think we both know the answer to that, so I won’t press you for an opinion…

Personally I hope this is the end of the Tories for at least a generation, but those ******** always bounce back…

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that, understanding his personality, Harry would feel more comfortable with a princess.
Someone like Princess Maria Carolina Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
Same education, same values.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
When he was a child...he was.
Apparently he is not any more...in the face.
But he can be freckled in the chest and in the shoulder...which I find very sexy...:yum:
I think that is normal. I used to be a freckle face. Now just shoulders, arms, and above my knees.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I think I will. I mean, we have to do something so that these poor underprivileged people won't lose their 12 million Euro mansion in Santa Barbara. That would really be a tragedy. :D

I probably will. I used to think highly of him and that he seemed like his mom all over again. Since marrying Meghan, I don't know much about him. It can't be easy being in a royal family, with many things forced upon you. I am glad I am just a normal citizen.