• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Trump Destroy the Republican Party?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
We once thought there was no way he'd win the first election.
A 2nd term looks unlikely, but not impossible.
It would depend upon 2 things....
1) How well the 1st one goes
2) Who the Dems run against him
Could be rising star...
th
lol ... I think Weiner is going to be in prison before the end of this term.

I'm pushing for an Al Franken run!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think Warren or Booker (although Booker is a bit young yet) could win. Cuomo or Gillibrand not so much. Biden or Sanders could win but they would both be approaching 80 so I find it hard to believe they will run but who knows?
Only fools think they know what will happen.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
There is no way he will get elected if he is still under investigation during the next election. He won't have gotten anything done. How could anyone in their right mind vote for him after he's gotten himself in this mess and made it worse every time he opens his mouth. He's just not cut out to be president. Not smart enough.

That is the lib media's hope.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think he's hilarious. Plus, he's pretty good at politics too. I just think he would be better able at making Trump look dumb.
I remember him from SNL.
Why he was supposed to be funny entirely escaped me.
And this was before I knew anything of his politics.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That is the lib media's hope.
He got himself in this mess. It wasn't the media that did this to him. Sure, they are enjoying the feeding frenzy, but Trump has made every controversy worse by his idiotic comments on Twitter and in his speeches. He complains about the media being mean to him when he was unbelievably mean to the media and many others during his campaign. He's being held accountable for everything he's said during the campaign and afterwards.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
He got himself in this mess. It wasn't the media that did this to him. Sure, they are enjoying the feeding frenzy, but Trump has made every controversy worse by his idiotic comments on Twitter and in his speeches. He complains about the media being mean to him when he was unbelievably mean to the media and many others during his campaign. He's being held accountable for everything he's said during the campaign and afterwards.

Well, he's still got the button. We'll see how it goes.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But it does appear that our system has a tendency towards 2 big parties.
The Perots, Sanders & Trumps are transient phenemona.

Granted, but I think we are seeing an electorate that has matured since Perot. I think that people are growing tired of flighty promises from career politicians and are willing to take a chance on someone that may be as flawed as they are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Granted, but I think we are seeing an electorate that has matured since Perot. I think that people are growing tired of flighty promises from career politicians and are willing to take a chance on someone that may be as flawed as they are.
Your suggestion would mean that people are learning.
Nah!

I suppose my question is will people be willing to take the same chance if the Trump admin falls flat? Not saying it will, but it isn't off to a stunning start.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Trump certainly ran as a Republican on old-school conservative republican ideals. So, did you mean he wasn't from the establishment Republicans?

Yep. Plus he was not a true Conservative. Still, that's not the point. I believe he would have won if he had ran naked. The electorate responded to his message and his apparent work ethic, not his personality nor his political accomplishments. And he seems to be getting things done rather the media likes to admit it or not.