• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Jewish people ever accept the Messiah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosends

I definitely want to talk to some Jewish people, because I am curious about what is stopping them from believing in the facts about Myself! I believe that I can vindicate the Jewish faith and people, because I understand why Jesus is NOT their Messiah!

As I have said, I have not checked My ancestral lineage (much), but it's totally possible that I might have some Jewish blood in Myself on both My maternal and paternal sides of My family!

Relevance is relative and subjective, so some people might believe that something is very pertinent to the topic while others don't see the pertinence.
Simply put, your vision of what it is to be the messiah, and what Judaism believes don't correlate. First, in Judaism, the messiah will be a religious Jew. Since you are not a religious Jew, you are not the messiah.

Your other "facts" are just plain irrelevant to to idea of the messiah in Judaism. Period.

Simply put, your vision of what it is to be the messiah, and what Judaism believes don't correlate. First, in Judaism, the messiah will be a religious Jew. Since you are not a religious Jew, you are not the messiah.

Your other "facts" are just plain irrelevant to to idea of the messiah in Judaism. Period.

Luke 13:34-35New King James Version (NKJV)

Messiah Laments over Jerusalem
34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

~PEACE~

rosends

Luke 13:34-35New King James Version (NKJV)

Messiah Laments over Jerusalem
34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

~PEACE~
Um, you are trying to make a case about Judaism by quoting a text rejected by Jews? Yeah, about that...it isn't a good way to go.

muhammad_isa

..35 See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

~PEACE~

Yes, indeed .. 'the Lord' referring to Almighty God (Yahweh), not as some claim, Jesus, peace be with him. He was speaking to pharisees ie. Jews

muhammad_isa

Um, you are trying to make a case about Judaism by quoting a text rejected by Jews? Yeah, about that...it isn't a good way to go.

Well, you might reject the text, but you don't reject the majority opinion that Jesus of Nazareth was at least a pious Jew, do you?

rosends

Well, you might reject the text, but you don't reject the majority opinion that Jesus of Nazareth was at least a pious Jew, do you?
A majority of whom? Jesus, if he existed at all, might have been a Jew, and might have been a learned one. He also might have been a political rabble rouser with no connection to his religion, he might have been a reformer of religion who denied basic obligations, and he might have been a pseudo mystic who took liberties with the esoteric threads of Judaism and perverted them. But simply a pious Jew? I don't know of any majority within Judaism that subscribes to that.

muhammad_isa

A majority of whom? Jesus, if he existed at all, might have been a Jew, and might have been a learned one. He also might have been a political rabble rouser with no connection to his religion, he might have been a reformer of religion who denied basic obligations, and he might have been a pseudo mystic who took liberties with the esoteric threads of Judaism and perverted them. But simply a pious Jew? I don't know of any majority within Judaism that subscribes to that.

OK .. I don't know if you've read the historical perspective on the subject.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

The article is written by believers and non-believers.

Many atheists quote historical documents to 'prove' their claims, but if we don't read them, we don't really have any argument. It's easy to say what you have said above, but you should show us some reasons why. Many Rabbis believe that he was a pious Jew .. not all, by any means.

rosends

OK .. I don't know if you've read the historical perspective on the subject.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

The article is written by believers and non-believers.

Many atheists quote historical documents to 'prove' their claims, but if we don't read them, we don't really have any argument. It's easy to say what you have said above, but you should show us some reasons why. Many Rabbis believe that he was a pious Jew .. not all, by any means.
I am familiar with that entry and with the variety of scholarly and popular opinions. I was asked if I was familiar with what "the majority" of some group believe. I asked for clarification about said "majority." You cited a wiki post that says that a slot of scholars accept that some form of Jesus existed though I have yet to see that a majority say he was a pious Jew. The article says nothing about "many rabbis" believing anything in particular. I think that, no offense, I have a slightly more intimate knowledge of what rabbis believe on the subject.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I'm hanging out with My good friends James and John right now! Me and My friends usually take turns buying food and cooking the food. It was My turn to buy and cook the food today: and I bought 3 pounds of rigatoni pasta, plenty of tomato sauce, and a dozen sausages. We all ate very good. I put extra butter in the pasta. I'm drinking some beer with My friends right now. I brought My beagle "puppy" dog with Me, and My friends love her. We are watching a religious program on TV right now. I just thought I would share.

~PEACE~
Hope they wasn't pork sausages ..

John 8:21-24New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.”

22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”

23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

~PEACE~

Last edited:

rosends

John 8:24New King James Version (NKJV)

24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He (the Messiah), you will die in your sins.

~PEACE~
Great, more stuff which means nothing. You are threatening me with text which has no authority. Why should I worry?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Great, more stuff which means nothing. You are threatening me with text which has no authority. Why should I worry?

I learned a long time ago that trying to have a dialogue with some people is like trying to have a conversation with a brick...... only far less satisfying.

I don't believe in the biblical Jesus story either, as far as all of the alleged supernatural miracles and supernatural powers, but I do use whatever resources that I feel can help prove My points.

I am not the enemy! I want to help all of the people of the whole world, including the Jewish faith and the Jewish people! I believe that Life is too short to go around hating. I believe that its a part of the evil elites agenda to create conflict and terrorism, racism, bigotry, war, strife, animosity, division, unrest, distrust, fear, hate, etc., and the evil empire brainwashes people to believe that the government is for our good, and the terrorists are an imminent danger to the world and our country. And I'm sure that if you lived in a Muslim country in the Middle East, their propaganda would make them believe that the USA and other democracies are the terrorists, and their government is the solution, or whatever. I'm not saying that terrorism is not a threat or problem, but the mainstream media- controlled by the vicious elites, would have us believe that we should go to war in foreign countries because the Muslim terrorists are dangerous and will bomb us, etc..

So, because I have peace with My Higher Power, and because I am more enlightened than most of the hypnotized sheeple people, I can see the lies that the subliminal criminals indoctrinate in our innocent subconscious minds! I don't have any hate for any religion or race or the majority of the world, but I loathe, abhor and disdain the puppet masters that subjugate and manipulate the sheep and even our politicians are subject to the puppet masters.

Moreover, I would like to be a power for peace, so that people can live more fulfilling and complete lives.

Yes, I am not the enemy, because I am pro people! I understand that the mainstream media has hypnotized, mesmerized, and brainwashed the people to follow their diabolical atrocious perverted agenda.

I love the Jewish people as a whole! I have had many Jewish friends and even some Jewish girlfriends, and Jews are like most people- innocent!

The real terrorists are the central banksters and their cabal of power and control.

The biggest mass murders are living in palaces, and they are the real terrorists! And these warmongers are free to live like kings, but some people that had a drug addiction are in prison for drugs...

Where is the justice? Who will help?

~PEACE~

rosends

I don't believe in the biblical Jesus story either, as far as all of the alleged supernatural miracles and supernatural powers, but I do use whatever resources that I feel can help prove My points.
So if I used the text of Tintern Abbey to show you how you are wrong, would that be a persuasive method? The point is that your citation, by its very nature, can do nothing to persuade me.
I am not the enemy! I want to help all of the people of the whole world, including the Jewish faith and the Jewish people!
Except that your version of "help" is at odds with what the Jewish people would view as help. If your idea of help is to quote a text which threatens people with "dying in their sins" then go "help" someone else.
And I'm sure that if you lived in a Muslim country in the Middle East, their propaganda would make them believe that the USA and other democracies are the terrorists, and their government is the solution, or whatever. I'm not saying that terrorism is not a threat or problem, but the mainstream media- controlled by the vicious elites, would have us believe that we should go to war in foreign countries because the Muslim terrorists are dangerous and will bomb us, etc..
You are all over the place. Your argument has not morphed into your view of terrorism and the world media. Irrelevant and not persuasive.
So, because I have peace with My Higher Power, and because I am more enlightened than most of the hypnotized sheeple people, I can see the lies that the subliminal criminals indoctrinate in our innocent subconscious minds!
No, you aren't. No, you can't. See how easy that is to say? I try to help, and in this case, I believe that helping you is through telling you that you are wrong and delusional. Have I changed your mind? I don't have any hate -- just that my clarity on the issue makes it obvious that you are a puppet who is being manipulated and who is manipulating.
Moreover, I would like to be a power for peace, so that people can live more fulfilling and complete lives.
Your quest for power -- to be a controlling elite, is clear. You are one of them. I will now quote from the holy text of Harry Potter to show you the error of your ways, even though I don't believe in the magical claims: "the." I hope that helped.

I love the Jewish people as a whole!
But the parts are a problem?
II have had many Jewish friends and even some Jewish girlfriends, and Jews are like most people- innocent!
Except for the whole dying in their sins thing, they are wonderful! How nice that you approve. We, as a whole think you are a crackpot, as a whole.

What do the Jews believe that the Messiah should do and say, etc.?

And where in the Tenakh does it explicitly state that the Messiah needs to be a RELIGIOUS JEW?

And it should be manifest that the whole world will probably never agree on who is the Messiah! Because many people have different notions about what the Messiah should do and say, etc.. Most people have deluded expectations about what the Messiah should do and how He should act and talk.

For example, most Christians believe that Jesus is God, because according to the New Testament- Jesus could perform supernatural miracles like heal the sick, raise the dead, multiply food supernaturally, bring sight to the blind, walk on water, turn water into wine, ascend into heaven, etc.. And most Jews believe that these aforementioned allegations are asinine drivel, fallacious fables, mythical mythology, etc..

And as far as I am aware, there is absolutely NO PROOF of any supernatural miracles happening according to science! Whether you believe in the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Qur'an, or whatever religious book you believe in- NONE of these supernatural miracles have ever been proven by science, in My honest humble subjective opinion!

So if you want to believe in impossible nonsensical fallacious dogma, that's fine: but if you want to believe in the Truth about the Lord Creator - look at Me(ssiah)!

Even Moses was having a hard time convincing the Jews that he was sent from God as their prophet and that Moses could talk and hear from God, etc.. Moses, according to the Bible, had difficulty persuading the Jews, etc..

Oh My Gods tomb is empty! I am the infallible, inerrant, empirical proof that I am alive! Moses, Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, etc., are all dead!

No one will EVER be able to prove to Me that you can live without Me! It is written, I am the Way, I am the Truth, and I am the Life!- and no one can come to the Father but by Me!

I don't think you know Who I Am...?

You have no idea what I am capable of doing!

~PEACE~

Status
Not open for further replies.