• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Jewish people ever accept the Messiah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1440

I do stuff
I checked out the link you had provided. The first prophesy Jesus fulfilled on the list is:

(Psalm 2:7) “I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.”

According to the list Jesus fulfills this in:

(Luke 1:32)“He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,”

(Luke 1:35) “The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”

In what manner is this prophesy fulfilled? The fulfillment must relate back to Psalm 2:7.

Here is the link again: http://www.biblestudytools.com/conc...al-textbook/prophecies-respecting-christ.html

SpeaksForTheTrees

Invisible Cloak cloth USA Military

I believe that I first started to search for invisibility technology in the year 2012, after I witnessed some translucent alien-like being.

I witnessed that translucent alien-like being in either the month of September or early October of the year 2012. I vividly remember that the trees were still green, so it was probably the beginning of the fall of 2012.

Anyways, as I said, I started to search YouTube for invisibility technology (within a few months or so AFTER I witnessed that translucent being) and I found out that we do indeed have invisibility technology, so because the government/military has this technology, it makes Me wonder and ponder if I witnessed an actual extraterrestrial intelligence, or a military personnel wearing invisibility technology...?

And I witnessed that translucent alien-like being during a hiatus from posting/blogging on the internet for many months or so, in the year 2012. But within a few months or so AFTER I witnessed that translucent alien-like being I started blogging on the internet again. But I do recall making some YouTube videos before and after I witnessed that translucent being, before I started to post on forums.

But for the record, the being that I saw on top of My neighbors roof was totally invisible before it became translucent! And the only reason why I was looking that way was because I noticed that a tree was blowing differently than the other trees, an anomaly. It was very windy outside that day, but not like hurricane winds.

So because I noticed that a tree was blowing differently, I went to My room and I picked up My BB gun with a 4 power scope, and then commenced staring at the anomaly with My BB gun with the 4 power scope. I didn't notice anything at first, but I kept looking in that direction...

And then this thing appeared... This thing reminds Me of an owls face, and you can see what I mean if you watch My YouTube video about My encounter with that translucent being. It was a circle with a couple of holes where the owls eyes would be. And I'm not exactly sure how long I watched this for, because I didn't time any of this... But then I remember seeing many holes opening up and closing on this translucent "owl face" thing, and these holes were opening up and closing for a long time... But I can only guess at the duration of time that these things happened for.

After I watched this show, this being appeared in its translucent bodily form, and it was surprisingly humanoid. I remember seeing the beings face, hands, arms, nose, torso, etc..

To recap, this being was totally invisible at first, and then it became translucent so that I could see it. When I say the word, "translucent," I mean that I could see the being but at the same time I could see THROUGH the being... Almost like a jellyfish. But a better example is if you ever saw the movie called Predator, it was almost exactly translucent like that, or that is a good example for what I experienced.

I saw that translucent being moving around. I saw the being looking at Me and also from the side- and that's how I saw its nose. This translucent being was probably less than 30 yards from Me, but it seemed a lot closer because I was looking at it from a 4 power scope. This translucent being was on top of My neighbors roof and it appeared to be laying down the whole time. I remember seeing its legs facing the east, and the beings heard was facing the west.

Plus, I believe that I should mention that I saw some UFOs for My first time ever on July 2, 2012. These UFOs, as I remember, were blue and purple and green. And they were super-bright. I vividly remember that the UFOs that I saw were much brighter than any stars in the sky that night as I drove back to My house. I vividly remember calling 911, so that they could have someone record these UFOs.

But to surmise, I am not 100% certain if I did indeed witness a real extraterrestrial intelligence, or maybe I witnessed some military personnel wearing invisibility technology...?

But in September of the year 2013, so about a year AFTER I witnessed that translucent being and those first UFOs, I started to notice that there are many star-like UFOs in My night sky that I can see whenever it's not too cloudy outside. I can see these star-like UFOs move around in any direction that they want to go.

Please watch My YouTube videos of Myself to see that I am being honest. Plus, you can see what I saw via My drawing of My depiction of that being.

The SIGNS of the TIMES!

~PEACE~
Given we have reasonable idea about the possibility of the unconcievable massiveness of space , I have no problem accepting the possibility of aliens and the possibility all life on earth is alien to it , after all God is not of this world.
Maybe in the vastness things work like a massive lottery is billions/billions of planets but only now and then one is a winner.

rosends

I noticed that you didn't acknowledge any of My assertions, and it's almost like you just read the first couple of words from that post. Why? Is it because you cannot debunk or disprove what I said? So you revert to your ad hominem argument, so that you don't have to admit that you believe in unproven fallacious dogmatic rhetoric, correct?

I said much more than, "I disagree", but it seems to Me like you don't have an intellectually honest, logical argument for your rebuttal.

I believe that I asked you, Where in the Tenakh does it explicitly state that the Messiah needs to be a RELIGIOUS JEW?

Also, I believe that I already asked this, I want to know where does it explicitly states in your Tanakh that God and/or the Messiah needs to rebuild the Third Temple all by Himself...? Or is that just a rumor that is unsubstantiated by your Tenakh? And correct Me if I am wrong, but the second temple was destroyed many centuries AFTER the last book of Old Testament/Tenakh was written: so I assume that the presumption about God and/or Messiah rebuilding the Third Temple is a rumor that is unsubstantiated by your "holy book", correct?

And, as you conveniently ignored, I believe that I asked, when EVER in ("recorded") history did God and/or the Messiah ever built a temple all by Himself?

And why don't you ask your god to prove that he exists by having him build the Third Temple all by himself?

Or where is any Sign that your god exists and it is the god of the Jews, with undeniable, irrefutable proof?

What? Did your god only perform miracles in ancient times when there was no way to (video) record these allegations, and therefore you needed to believe in hearsay?

If God is God, then let God prove Himself with Signs and wonders to the whole world with irrefutable, undeniable proof! Or was God only God back before we invented the video recording technology? Is God camera shy? Or is it possible that God is a man-made invention?

Moreover, I don't recall saying that I TALKED to that translucent alien-like being, because I did NOT have a verbal conversation with that translucent being! And if you did indeed take about 15 minutes to watch My YouTube video about My encounter with that translucent being, you would be able to hear and see Me say that I didn't talk to that being!- because that being was on the other side of a window, and I was in My room in My house. So I don't recall/remember hearing anything from that translucent being that I witnessed, but I vividly remember SEEING it for many hours: and the only reason why I stopped looking at it was because it became too dark outside. When I first started to witness that being, it was broad daylight outside. But this is all good and well, but it is not relevant or pertinent to our dialogue, and I get the feeling that you are trying to undermine My mental faculties and My integrity, etc..

As far as you positing that I have "no position of authority," I would argue that I have a global "ministry" via the internet, and I have undoubtedly reached many thousands of people. And what does authority have to do with being able to prove facts? Doesn't knowing and applying the Truth bring one authority? Do people need to have authority in order to know and teach facts about objective reality? I would imagine that most average people do not have any significant authority of utter importance, but are these people wrong about everything just because they don't have significant authority? Do you need to have authority in order to be correct about facts?

And for the record, some people with lots of authority are the most despicable, ungodly, evil, greedy, malicious, warmongering, hateful, deceptive, manipulating, etc., and they abuse their authority to fulfill their diabolical atrocious perverted agenda! For example, the Rothschilds, the Federal Reserve bank and the IRS, the mainstream media, the central banks, the governments, the elites, the police, the politicians, big pharmaceutical companies, corporations, preachers, priests, rabbis, "holy" men, etc.. Just because someone has authority, it does not make them inerrant and infallible!

And I forget the exact scripture, but I recall that the Jewish Pharisees asked Christ who gave Christ his authority to do these things.

And as far as you saying that I have "no evidence and no proof," I find that laughable, because you have no idea what I have evidence and proof for. I have been blogging on the internet since the year 2008, or even a year earlier, and I have proven myriads of facts and evidence for conjecture that I believe! You have no idea what I know and what I have proven! Like I don't claim to know everything that you know and what you have proven.

It's not My goal to belittle you, but you are arguing from ignorance! You act like I only know what I have said in this thread...? You act like I haven't proven myriads of facts about objective reality and My novel Spirituality...?

But some people choose to believe ancient, anonymous authors that make impossible claims that have never and (probably) will never be proven, because they are unfalsifiable claims!

Where is (proof of) your god?

I don't want to dictate what you should or should not believe, but use your own COMMON SENSE if you have any!

Haha, have your god prove himself (by doing ANYTHING)!

Some people are just beyond gullible and brainwashed!

~PEACE~
Clearly you haven't read any of my posts or know anything about Judaism. For example, you keep asking about what the tanach says about a messiah being a religious Jew. Here's the thing -- Judaism is a religion built on more than the tanach. You asked about Judaism, I answered about Judaism and then you re-ask based on not accepting what Judaism is. That's not very useful.

You ask when a messiah ever built a temple by himself. I never said he did. I reported Jewish beliefs regarding the messiah to come. Since you have already said that you can't see how you would fill those requirements, therefore you aren't the messiah. You don't like it so you shift the focus onto irrelevant details. That might make you feel better, but it is useless. Have another pill.

You claim a "global ministry" when I say you have no authority but, again, swing and a miss. You have no authority to make pronouncements about Judaism or about the Jewish concept of a messiah regardless of your extant internet connection. You are willfully ignoring the realities here in order to embrace your fiction (your rantings about the Rothschild's and the banking system are disquieting but fall in line with the balance of your delusions).

You want a sign that God exists? That the Jewish idea of God can be shown? I figure, the clearest proof that there is a God is that I have the ability to reject you repeatedly. That surely is divine.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We will probably disagree on the level of theological gymnastics that are required to believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

There are levels of plausibility when considering the claims of one religion over another. There is not a shred of proof that monkey gods built a causeway to Sri Lanka for instance but it makes a great story. The bible old and new testaments is actually a remarkable collection of prophecies that came true, historical and archaeological facts that can be confirmed and is grounded in an historical experience that is missing from other religions. We only have one witness that Mohammed shared the dictated words of God straight from Gabriels mouth. There is a great cloud of witnesses that contradict that. But at the end of the day it all comes down to how you respond to Christ. All the other religious and political leaders throughout the ages are a big disappointment compared to Him.
It's quite obvious you never read the Gita.

Each religion tends to justify themselves on the basis that there were witnesses to the events that are found in their scriptures, so it begs the question how exactly does one determine which are supposedly right and which are supposedly just fabrications? In that regard, Christianity is no different. As for me, I really don't lose any sleep over this.

But, as far as the issue of the messianic prophecies are concerned, let's take a look:

The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)

Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance (Isaiah 2:4)

The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)

He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8–10)

The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)

Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)

Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)

He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)

All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)

Nations will recognize the wrongs they did Israel (Isaiah 52:13–53:5)

For My House (the Temple in Jerusalem) shall be called a house of prayer for all nations (Isaiah 56:3–7)

The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)

Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvoth

He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)

Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)

He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)

He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13–15, Ezekiel 36:29–30, Isaiah 11:6–9)

Now, as far as I'm concerned, I really don't much get into this "Messiah" thing, so the above really means very little to me.

metis

They is basically a reference to any Jew that does not accept Jesus as Messiah. It is a definition that brackets liberals and Orthodox in the same Synagogue but it is not a racially based label as there are Messianic Jews in Israel and in the diaspora.
Thanks for the clarification.

So, here's what you are in essence saying from what I can gather: No matter how moral a person may be, and no matter how deep their religious faith may be, they cannot be "saved" unless they have some sort of politically-correct belief about Jesus similar to what you have. Is this correct?

mindlight

See in the dark
I checked out the link you had provided. The first prophesy Jesus fulfilled on the list is:

(Psalm 2:7) “I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.”

According to the list Jesus fulfills this in:

(Luke 1:32)“He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,”

(Luke 1:35) “The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”

In what manner is this prophesy fulfilled? The fulfillment must relate back to Psalm 2:7.

Here is the link again: http://www.biblestudytools.com/conc...al-textbook/prophecies-respecting-christ.html

Psalm 2 is a Davidic Psalm, the King described has a son. Together it is implied they will rule the world. It echoes the Psalm 110 saying that Jesus quotes in Mark 12:41.

"The Lord said to my Lord : "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

As Jesus asks those who commented on the meaning of the link of the Messiah with Davidic line-

"David himself calls him Lord, how then can he be his Son."?

The passage is a prophecy on many different levels. The Annointed One is the Son of the Father who is the King over all the Earth. It alludes to the Messiah as Son of God. The link with the Davidic line is fulfilled in Christ but so also the imagery of Sonship implied for the Messiah and also that the Christ will be greater than David and rule the earth. Part of this prophecy has yet to be fulfilled but will be at the Second Coming. But Jesus is demonstrably far greater than David even today.

Last edited:

metis

The word "lord", as used in Ps. 110:1, is "adon" in Hebrew, and it means "master", and the word is used well over 100 times in the Tanakh, and it pertains to different people.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Will the Jewish people ever accept the Messiah?

Once they missed the train.
Now they have a chance to accept Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah or the Second Coming of Jesus, to catch up.
They should think over this opportunity, no compulsion however, whatsoever.
Regards

roger1440

I do stuff
Psalm 2 is a Davidic Psalm, the King described has a son. Together it is implied they will rule the world. It echoes the Psalm 110 saying that Jesus quotes in Mark 12:41.

"The Lord said to my Lord : "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

As Jesus asks those who commented on the meaning of the link of the Messiah with Davidic line-

"David himself calls him Lord, how then can he be his Son."?

The passage is a prophecy on many different levels. The Annointed One is the Son of the Father who is the King over all the Earth. It alludes to the Messiah as Son of God. The link with the Davidic line is fulfilled in Christ but so also the imagery of Sonship implied for the Messiah and also that the Christ will be greater than David and rule the earth. Part of this prophecy has yet to be fulfilled but will be at the Second Coming. But Jesus is demonstrably far greater than Jesus even today.
Let me get this straight. Jesus is king of the Jews. Estimates are there were around four million Jews during the 1st century. Even if that number is greatly exaggerated we still end up with a heck of a lot of Jews. The only people who can attest that Jesus is the King of the Jews are the authors of the New Testament. This is a very, very small amount of Jews compared to the whole bunch of them. The writings themselves are apologetic by natural. They are not history. The point is, if Jesus is King of the Jews how is it nearly no one seems to know about it.

mindlight

See in the dark
It's quite obvious you never read the Gita.

I did but 20 years ago and i found it completely fanciful with some nice poetry.

Each religion tends to justify themselves on the basis that there were witnesses to the events that are found in their scriptures, so it begs the question how exactly does one determine which are supposedly right and which are supposedly just fabrications? In that regard, Christianity is no different. As for me, I really don't lose any sleep over this.

Well regarding whose claims are considered most likely clearly Christianity is the main show in town.

But, as far as the issue of the messianic prophecies are concerned, let's take a look:

The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)

Maybe next time

Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance (Isaiah 2:4)

In one sense that happens everytime a Christian leader prays or reads his bible on the other that waits for the Second Coming also.

The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)

Christian churches have been established in every major people group on the planet no other religion is so well distributed across cultures, geography and races.

He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8–10)

Jesus was a legal descendant in the line of the Judean Kings through David and Solomon by his legal father (Joseph-see Matthew 1) and a physical descendant also through his mother Mary ( see Luke 3).

The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)

Jesus was a creature of this world and the One through whom it was made. He was circumcised, did the sacrifices, went to Synagogue and grew up in a Jewish faith context.

Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)

A great many evil men have been humbled by Christ, fallen staturs of Lenin spring to mind. But the major fulfillment here comes at the Second Coming.

Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)

The gospel has been preached to all major people groups and languages but the separation of the wheat from the chaff awaits judgment day.

He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)

Ditto

All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

There has been a major return. What is an Israelite. Maybe in the future if things get tough. The existence of a Jewish state presents the possibility for the first time in 2000 years

Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

Jesus rose, death could not hold him - the promise is clear and substantial. We also will be raised but death itself awaits the final judgment.

There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

Again healing miracles and the feeding of the 5000 promise in a substantial way what is yet to come.

All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

Judgment Day

The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

Will not happen until they accept their Messiah , though some Jews already have a taste of that.

He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)

Born in humility he came first to offer mercy and not with the sword. True peace has to do with following his example. He will ultimately rid the world of the enemies of God and we will have peace.

Nations will recognize the wrongs they did Israel (Isaiah 52:13–53:5)

The state of Israel is founded on the compassion and guilt of Christians following the holicaust.Truman was an Evangelical.

For My House (the Temple in Jerusalem) shall be called a house of prayer for all nations (Isaiah 56:3–7)

Needs to be rebuilt but he was also more importantly talking about his body the church whose prayers arise from all nations

The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

The early church and Jewish apostles blazed the trail but this awaits the end of times when the Jews come back to God.

The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)

Israel has done a fine job building up the decayed villages of the Ottomans into modern cities. But these may well be ruined and rebuilt yet again.

Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

Second Coming

The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvoth

Requires something to happen in the Muslim world but seems to be there. Not happened yet in the physical sense. But in the association with the church has been steadily building for 2000 years.

He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)

Millennial reign

Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)

Christians who have the Spirit know what this means. That Gods law is written on our hearts because He dwells in us his church.

He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)

Many Christians have seen this answered by Christ others live in faith.

He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13–15, Ezekiel 36:29–30, Isaiah 11:6–9)

Israel is on its way back from the fallow and empty years of Muslim rule. Oranges grow there now but this is nothing compared to what will be.

Thorium-Fueled Car Only Needs a Fill-up Once a Century

I believe that nuclear fusion power is better than Thorium, because nuclear fusion reactors fuel is salty water or hydrogen, and salt water is obviously one of the most common substance on Earth today! But I am all for novel alternative energy sources, and I believe that the more alternative energy sources that are available, the cheaper energy will be, because it will be so abundant in many different ways.

I predict that in the future, energy will be FREE for everyone!

~PEACE~

OIL COLLAPSE AND NEGATIVE INTEREST RATES

I do NOT believe in every single detail that this guy postulated, but I agree with the quintessential premise of his sentiment, e.g., how the (central) banks like the Federal Reserve, the mainstream media, the elites, are (all) working towards an elitism sinister agenda that is beneficial for big corporations, and the masses of sheeple people are the big corporations slaves! And it's a part of the elitist agenda to keep the masses dumbfounded, ignorant, lacking critical thinking faculties, and brainwashed into believing the drivel that they program into the innocent adults AND children!

If you have indeed been enlightened by the Teacher of Truth- the Spirit of Revelation, you should know that you cannot and should not trust in the government, the mainstream media, the television, politicians, most of the world's institutions, the banks, etc., because they lie, cheat, steal, kill and destroy!

Or am I mistaken?

~PEACE~

arcanum

I do believe the world needs a savior, a supernatural one. This world is a complete mess, one could easily think there is no G-d, based on all the violence, confusion, and discord in this world. Whether one believes Jesus was the messiah or not, we sure could use another spiritual hero again to set this world right. I've yet to read of another Jew who could fit that pattern. Name one, one Jewish figure that has had such a universe impact on mankind? Ok you could say he is yet to come, but such a figure is only for the Jews. Fine, I've read a bit of the Talmud, I know some things. I've read a bit of the Zorah and studied deeply into the kabbalah. I'm no uneducated Goyim.,I know some things. There has been no other Jew with such wide appeal than Jesus. I'm aware of Sabbatai Zevi, interesting character for sure, but no Jesu.

Last edited:

mindlight

See in the dark
2 different uses of the adon root here. The one used for God is "adonai" but the one in 110:1 is adoni. Different vowels, thus different words. Adoni is used for a human master.

From the link I provided:

Adon. [basic form]
A title variously used to refer to men, angels, and to the true God of Israel, meaning “lord, master, owner.” From the Ugaritic adn meaning "lord" or "father" and the Akkadian adannu, "mighty."
References: Jos. 3:11, 13; Neh. 7:61; Ps. 12:5; 97:5; 105:21; 114:7; Jer. 22:18; 34:5; Zech. 4:14; 6:5.

rosends

From the link I provided:

Adon. [basic form]
A title variously used to refer to men, angels, and to the true God of Israel, meaning “lord, master, owner.” From the Ugaritic adn meaning "lord" or "father" and the Akkadian adannu, "mighty."
References: Jos. 3:11, 13; Neh. 7:61; Ps. 12:5; 97:5; 105:21; 114:7; Jer. 22:18; 34:5; Zech. 4:14; 6:5.
Yes, and the basic form is not used in that verse. Just because "free" means something does NOT make "freedom" and "freely" the same word. Check the Hebrew for the verse and you will see that adoni is used which is a different form, not used for God.

Status
Not open for further replies.