• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Romney be the Next President?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Keep your money, you don't need to buy. Just lose your bible and your guns, neither becomes you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, but it was too good a line to pass up.
The trick here is to tailor one's responses to a particular post & poster.
If you use them up willy nilly, people will think you're just phoning it in.
So if you want to be respected, you need to insult me more personally,
say....something about haggis, kilts, or my machine tool collection.
(Pursue that last one though, & you risk a vicious flame war.)

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Romney will be the next president the same way M. Night Shyamalan will make a good movie. He will only be president if you have a good enough imagination.

He is awkward, his religious affiliation is deemed anti-American by the Christians and his overall association with corporations is not liked by liberals. He is hated by both fronts

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Romney will be the next president the same way M. Night Shyamalan will make a good movie. He will only be president if you have a good enough imagination.

He is awkward, his religious affiliation is deemed anti-American by the Christians and his overall association with corporations is not liked by liberals. He is hated by both fronts
I don't think Romney will win either.
The Americastanian people, in their infinite wisdom, will manage to elect someone even worse.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I don't think Romney will win either.
The Americastanian people, in their infinite wisdom, will manage to elect someone even worse.

Knowing how America is I bet they might dislike Hillary and go for the nearest idiot. Americans do not understand politics and voted a president with good ideas and kept a worthless congress in power blocking the president. When you ask your average Joe about this they usually laugh and ask "what does congress or the senate have to do with any of this"?
We have a very good president as of now although I have plenty of gripes with him as anyone should. But I just don't see the worth of any new president with the current congressional body.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Knowing how America is I bet they might dislike Hillary and go for the nearest idiot. Americans do not understand politics and voted a president with good ideas and kept a worthless congress in power blocking the president. When you ask your average Joe about this they usually laugh and ask "what does congress or the senate have to do with any of this"?
We have a very good president as of now although I have plenty of gripes with him as anyone should. But I just don't see the worth of any new president with the current congressional body.
Hmmmm....I thought blocking Obama was the one positive aspect of this Congress.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm betting that Romney will be the next president. Romney is projected to out spend Obama by at least 2 to 1. In American politics, the odds that an outspent candidate, such as Obama, will win are 6 in favor to 94 against (or roughly 1 chance in 15). Hence, I'm betting Romney will win the presidency.

Who do you think will win? And why?

The next president will be the one with the greatest campaign contributions.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I gave a political campaign donation to the Neel Kashkari (Republican) candidacy for Governor of California. I am supporting him over the current Governor Brown, and will escalate the pace of such donations to his "coffers" as the race heats up into the final stretch.

Why am I mentioning this in a thread on Mitt Romney and Presidential campaigns?

The reason is, even though Mitt has said he is not running in the next election, I received an email just the other day that raises my doubts, and I now believe he actually is running even though it is not official. It was a solicitation for money for this upcoming campaign. Even though he says he is not running. Even though this solicitation came from one of his official organizations and not from a "red state runner" third party.

Now why did I receive this emal.

I believe I know the reason why. Neel is on all accounts considered a moderate Republican, and he does share influence in circles that went with Romney in the previous election. So my donation to Neel has something to do with this.

I think Romney IS GOING TO RUN, HEADS UP.

I am not for or against Romney at this juncture. Right now I support Rand Paul.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And yet it's called the Executive Branch of government. Why wouldn't the leadership skills of a businessman translate to government? It's about personality characteristics and traits. A leader is a leader.
Does a church leader need the same personality as a business leader? When they are performing two entirely separate tasks? Does a theatre troupe leader require knowledge in being a business manager? Different leadership positions, while all requiring being able to motivate you, require different skill sets and different knowledge.

This public servant position is "chief executive".
HowStuffWorks "The U.S. President as Chief Executive "

Executive (ie, managerial) experience is a thing unto itself. It's about being in charge,
having an agenda, implementing it, & being responsible for the results. Whether it's
in business or government, it is a hard won skill. But Romney had executive experience both
as governor of Massachusettstan & in business. Obama had never been in charge of anything.
Romney was elected to one term. Obama has consistently been reelected since his first public office. Romney also has a record of abusing his power as a business leader, and fattening his wallet at the expense of others.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
A huge difference is that Romney had executive experience, ie, he was in charge of
a large organization. While Obama had even less executive experience than Palin.

Let's just hope...forever...

...that evidenced intellect and intelligence count a bit more than "gut feelings" provided from a half-term gubernatorial quitter and a corporate thief that considers poor people as "the problem".

That is my hope anyway..