• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would Noah's Flood Have Been the Best Way for God to Cleanse the Earth?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You really don't like it when people point out how horrible you are acting.

I thought you'd be proud of your behavior - but it seems that it is a weak spot for you.

If you don't want people pointing out your reprehensible behavior - don't act that way.

My pointing out when you validate my claim is not "sobbing" - I don't know how you got there.

And I never claimed your behavior was reprehensible simply for disagreeing with me.

You asked me to share my beliefs - then said they were wrong without explanation - and then laughed at me when I asked for an explanation.

I'm convinced that you do not even know what you believe. You just enjoy lashing out at people.
There certainly are people like that. They walk down the street and just hit people randomly these days. Or worse.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Because of Genesis 6:1-4, rebellious “sons of God”. IOW, rebellious angels that Peter & Jude mention. And their offspring the Nephillim.

More later; it’s late.

But I found this:

How would such information be available to ancient - therefore primitive (as would be claimed by modern secular authorities) - human civilization if it weren’t for these rebellious powerful creatures who materialized as humans to take women, “all whom they chose”?

According to the Gospels, these ‘demons’ can possess animals. Remember the “herd of swine” that went over the cliff?

At Genesis 6:1-4, Pre-Flood, they apparently materialized as men & began sleeping with women!

No wonder God stepped in!

The Tartarus they were thrown into, that the Apostle Peter mentions… this debased condition - apparently prohibits them from materializing today, but they still manifest as “apparitions” & pretend to be “dead loved ones” to mislead.

IMO.

Because, to me, the dead are dead. They “know nothing.” Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:3,4.
Since we are finding things... look what I found.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Um. I found this too.

...and this.

53 million years ago. 90 million years ago. Oh brother SMH.
I guess that shoots down the creationist belief that everything on earth was created in six days 6000 years ago.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Is that a parody?
If you would like it to be a parody, it can be.
If you want your long held beliefs to be real? That can be easily arranged also... as cover ups are easy.
tenor.gif

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Um. I found this too.

...and this.

53 million years ago. 90 million years ago. Oh brother SMH.

nPeace

Veteran Member
So, why would God step in and kill innocent men, women, and children? You see, these characteristics of God I simply cannot accept because that turns Him into a homicidal maniac.
Are you saying the people God killed were innocent?
Are you saying this because there were innocent from your perspective, or God's perspective.

We hear the expression "Innocent until proven guilty". Most people accept this.
There's a movie on it.
i-am-innocent-until-proven-guilty.jpg

Does the person charged with a crime prove themselves innocent by declaring it, or is it the judge who determines whether they are innocent or guilty? It's the latter, isn't it.

The judge of all the earth who always does what is right (Genesis 18:25), found Noah innocent... along with 7 others.
There were the only ones God allowed on the ark.

Could others have gotten onboard?
Certainly. God brought "dumb" animals onboard. So certainly God could bring "intelligent" beings onboard... if they were indeed innocent.

(Genesis 6:8) . . .But Noah found favor in the eyes of Jehovah.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you saying this because there were innocent from your perspective, or God's perspective.

There's a movie on it.

Does the person charged with a crime prove themselves innocent by declaring it, or is it the judge who determines whether they are innocent or guilty? It's the latter, isn't it.

The judge of all the earth who always does what is right (Genesis 18:25), found Noah innocent... along with 7 others.

Certainly. God brought "dumb" animals onboard. So certainly God could bring "intelligent" beings onboard... if they were indeed innocent.

A person is assumed innocent until proven guilty. It is up to those that accuse him of doing something wrong to prove it. And the judge does not decide, a jury of his peers does. In other words you just told us that your God is not just.

Audie

Veteran Member

There's a movie on it.

An argument based on a completely
fictional story is worthless.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
An argument based on a co pletely
Not only that, his analogy fails since in criminal trials it is almost always trial by a jury of one's peers where the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person is guilty. He seems to believe that a judge makes that decision all on his own.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not only that, his analogy fails since in criminal trials it is almost always trial by a jury of one's peers where the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person is guilty. He seems to believe that a judge makes that decision all on his own.
Defense wise it's tough for our boy to
defend the indefensible. And the immoral.
false and illogical all at once.

nPeace

Veteran Member
An argument based on a completely
Great! So since atheists, like yourself, are always arguing about the accounts in the Bible, they cannot be fictional.
I don't believe atheists are so stupid as to engage in worthless arguments, right?

Defense wise it's tough for our boy to
defend the indefensible. And the immoral.
false and illogical all at once.

The only systems needing civilians to determine the verdict of a case, are those that... let me keep my mouth shut. :nomouth: :grin:
Only the United States makes routine use of jury trials in a wide variety of non-criminal cases. Jury trials are of far less importance (or of no importance) in countries that do not have a common law system.
Others have taken that path as well.

Pros and Cons of Jury Trials
At a jury trial, the outcome of a case is decided by a group of law-abiding citizens. This is different from a judge trial where the judge makes all decisions. So when given the choice, will you choose a trial by jury or judge? Both have their pros and cons. Let’s take a look at jury trials first.

Trial by Jury: Pros
Jurors have more compassion than judges. With a trial by jury, you can use emotional arguments to your advantage, as jurors are more susceptible to being influenced by the personal appeal of an argument or testimony. Based on your case, ordinary people can be much easier to persuade than judges, who are obviously trained to be unbiased and put aside human emotion in the courtroom.

Is God always just? Written records attest to that being the case.
(Deuteronomy 32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.

That record also says that God is keeping record, and those whose names are in his book, do not profess Christianity, while at the same time, besmirching his name. Too bad for them.
(Malachi 3:16) . . .At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name.