• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would Noah's Flood Have Been the Best Way for God to Cleanse the Earth?

David Davidovich

Don't be fooled by the show.
You know those superfine apostles Paul contended with. They were trying to prove superiority. People who desire superiority tend to exhibit these kinds of behaviors.

Actually now that you brought it up... in another thread, I said this to David... I'm not looking to convince you. That's why I asked the question, because if you wanted a point of view, and one is given, and everytime one is given, you go, "...but...", it's more than asking for a point of view. Is that true?
It's more like "prove to me..." Or "convince me...". Not true?

You know, even though he claimed he just wanted to hear different viewpoints, he came later and said I haven't proved what I said.

For the record though, the reason I stopped talking to David, has nothing to do with anything he said in this thread.

I didn't even see what he said here, until after I decided to stop speaking to him, after he attacked me for no apparent reason, in the other thread, and I believe that happened after he discovered I'm a JW.

I don't think David likes JWs, and that's the other reason I made a decision to end my conversations with him, because though he does not want to say, I believe he did more than study the Bible with JWs..
Which would explain why he's lashing out at me.

And one more thing. I think it's interesting how you are buddying up with a "professed" Christian (as you call them) since I noticed that you publicly consider other Christians that are not Jehovah's Witnesses as only "professed" Christians (i.e. in name only). ;)

Fallen Prophet

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! :smile: Joke of the day. Thanks, I needed the laugh. Also, I'm going to have to take the Amazing Kreskin crown from nPeace and give it to you now. LOL:smile:

Fallen Prophet, your beliefs are so ingrained in your mind, you kept looking at things in a one dimensional way through the prism of you own beliefs. However, I'll have to give nPeace credit for being able to say the same thing that I was saying to you all along, but differently so that it could finally be able to penetrate through to your mind.
Well, just like I said to YoursTrue, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes:
Thank you for validating what I said about you.

Truly reprehensible behavior.

David Davidovich

Okay, I lied about "one more thing" and wanted to say that THE REAL REASON WHY NPEACE STOP TALKING TO ME is because she couldn't dispute any of my counter points or questioning of her answers and decided to take the easy way out. Therefore, that is what she means by attacking her. LOL :smile:

David Davidovich

Don't be fooled by the show.
You know those superfine apostles Paul contended with. They were trying to prove superiority. People who desire superiority tend to exhibit these kinds of behaviors.

I just noticed that and that sounds more like you are talking about yourself. Because has anyone read any of her long I'm-going-to-educate-you-because-I-know-better-than-you-do-because-I'm-a-Jehovah's-Witness condescending posts? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

David Davidovich

Thank you for validating what I said about you.

Truly reprehensible behavior.

Oh, please! Wipe you tears, Fallen Prophet! :sob: Because it's unbecoming of you to sob like this in public, just because someone disagreed with your views. SMH

I also feel no desire to remain - you ask people to share their personal beliefs and then you tell them that they are wrong - without explanation - and then laugh at them.

Reprehensible behavior.

Waaaa! Waaaa! :sob:

(emphasis is mine)

Fallen Prophet

Oh, please! Wipe you tears, Fallen Prophet! :sob: Because it's unbecoming of you to sob like this in public, just because someone disagreed with your views. SMH

Waaaa! Waaaa! :sob:

(emphasis is mine)
You really don't like it when people point out how horrible you are acting.

I thought you'd be proud of your behavior - but it seems that it is a weak spot for you.

If you don't want people pointing out your reprehensible behavior - don't act that way.

My pointing out when you validate my claim is not "sobbing" - I don't know how you got there.

And I never claimed your behavior was reprehensible simply for disagreeing with me.

You asked me to share my beliefs - then said they were wrong without explanation - and then laughed at me when I asked for an explanation.

I'm convinced that you do not even know what you believe. You just enjoy lashing out at people.

nPeace

Veteran Member

I thought you'd be proud of your behavior - but it seems that it is a weak spot for you.

If you don't want people pointing out your reprehensible behavior - don't act that way.

My pointing out when you validate my claim is not "sobbing" - I don't know how you got there.

And I never claimed your behavior was reprehensible simply for disagreeing with me.

You asked me to share my beliefs - then said they were wrong without explanation - and then laughed at me when I asked for an explanation.

I'm convinced that you do not even know what you believe. You just enjoy lashing out at people.
Just gives a picture of what Paul must have experienced with those Superfine apostles. No wonder he said he had to boast.

David Davidovich

(emphasis is mine)

I would have just ignored your post, however, I noticed that you decided to slander me. However, if you look at page 17 (and posts before that, but I didn't want to look them up), I did my best at trying to explain things to you. Plus, you had claimed that you weren't even familiar with the Apostle Paul's writings, therefore, how can someone have a conversation with someone else about Christian doctrine if that other person claims that they are not familiar with Paul's writings? :confused: Also, it's hard to compete with someone else's lie when the things that they are saying about you is slander.

David Davidovich

Just gives a picture of what Paul must have experienced with those Superfine apostles. No wonder he said he had to boast.

LOL :smile: Fallen Prophet said in one of his posts that he wasn't even familiar with who the Apostle Paul was or his writings. LOL :smile: But go ahead and buddy up in your rebound relationship with your "professed" Christian buddy. (Because Jehovah's Witnesses don't even like other Christians and refer to them as either professed Christians or Christendom. :rolleyes:) Also, I'm glad that you brought up that stuff about Superfine apostles, because I am not the one who claims to be religious, but you are. LOL :smile:

Also, talking about someone to someone else is childish. Therefore, if you want to continue to talk about me, please have the courage to talk to me about whatever issues that you have with me. :rolleyes:

Fallen Prophet

I would have just ignored your post, however, I noticed that you decided to slander me.
You don't seem to understand what "slander" means - because that would require me to have made false statements.

You would need to prove that I said something that was false - which would be hard - because when I earlier claimed that you had never offered explanations you mocked me - intimating that I was crying like a baby - and then you told me to not let the door hit me on the way out.

Meaning - you fully acknowledged that you had offered no explanations and that I was being a baby for asking for explanations.

You act proud of your reprehensible behavior - but you don't like when people point it out - which puts you in quite the predicament
However, if you look at page 17 (and posts before that, but I didn't want to look them up), I did my best at trying to explain things to you.
Would you mind giving me an example of this?

I do see you trying to argue that God's Creations were "perfect" as He is on that page.

Remember that stance you took all throughout the thread but then tried to change after the fact when you realized it was untenable?
Plus, you had claimed that you weren't even familiar with the Apostle Paul's writings, therefore, how can someone have a conversation with someone else about Christian doctrine if that other person claims that they are not familiar with Paul's writings? :confused:
This is a bald-faced lie and anyone can see that from looking to page 17 - as you directed.

In Post #332 you asked me, "So I guess you don't agree with what the apostle Paul says in the Christian Greek Scriptures (NT)?"

To which I responded in Post #336 with, "Would you mind being more specific?"

Which led you to ask in Post #337 - "Well, I guess I need to ask you first if you've ever read the Christian Greek Scriptures (the New Testament) before?"

I responded to your question in Post #340 by saying -

"I am very familiar with the New Testament - and even if I weren't - my familiarity with the text should not hinder your ability to be more specific.

I find you making statements or asking questions like this as an attempt to off-handedly claim that I am ignorant of the subject matter - sort of like little jabs.

You claim that God's creations are perfect - but cannot quote a verse in the Bible claiming such.

You claim that I disagree with Paul somehow - yet are unable to provide an example of me disagreeing with Paul.

Why are you unwilling to cite sources or provide adequate examples?"

Also - in response to something else I said you said in Post #337 - "Oh, wow! That's very creative. :emojconfused: Also, I guess you don't agree with the apostle Paul's writings on the subject."

To which I asked you - again - in Post # 340 - "Could you be more specific?"

You never gave me those specifics.

On the next page (page 18) you addressed a couple of my comments by laughing at me and making unsupported claims about the scriptures and then you gave up.

You said in Post #342 -

"Okay, I'm through. I'm not going to read the rest of your reply because it's just way too long and I think that I covered the essential points.

P.S. And as far as the apostle Paul goes, what I was referring to are in the verses that I quoted from the Corinthian books."

Nowhere in this exchange did I claim that I was unfamiliar with Paul's writings nor did you ever "prove" that I was unfamiliar with his writings.

You never gave me specific examples from Paul's writings that contested my beliefs - even though you claimed that they did.

You told me to look back to verses that we had already discussed and did not at all contest what I had shared, nor did they support what you claimed they did.

I never claimed I was unfamiliar with Paul's writings. This is a bald-faced lie. More evidence of your reprehensible behavior.
Also, it's hard to compete with someone else's lie when the things that they are saying about you is slander.
I believe you have given us plenty of evidence that supports my claims about you - meaning that what I said was not slander.

Also - wouldn't it be libel - considering that it was written and not spoken?

I do not believe libel needs to be published.

David Davidovich

You don't seem to understand what "slander" means - because that would require me to have made false statements.

Oh, gawd! Another super long post that I didn't want to occupy my time or my brain with in reading it... Also, no wonder you and nPeace are such good b_tthurt friends. LOL :smile:

Also, as I stated already, all one has to do is look through page 17 to see that I tried to explain things to you and then realize that you are just slandering me.

So, bye! Additionally, as far as I'm concerned, this is the end of this part of our conversation in this thread.

P.S. And by the way, I'm so glad that nPeace doesn't read my posts anymore so that I can now use lighter colors. LOL :smile:

Fallen Prophet

Oh, gawd! Another super long post that I didn't want to occupy my time or my brain with in reading it... Also, no wonder you and nPeace are such good b_tthurt friends. LOL :smile:

Also, as I stated already, all one has to do is look through page 17 to see that I tried to explain things to you and then realize that you are just slandering me.

So, bye! Additionally, as far as I'm concerned, this is the end of this part of our conversation in this thread.

P.S. And by the way, I'm so glad that nPeace doesn't read my posts anymore so that I can now use lighter colors. LOL :smile:
I've never seen someone lack so much self-awareness.

Are you real?

David Davidovich

I've never seen someone lack so much self-awareness.

Are you real?

Fallen Prophet, something recently occurred to me about one of my explanations to you in this thread. It's in my post #329(hyperlink) on page 17 where I had replied to you about how you still didn't see in the Bible where A&E were supposed to have been perfect. And this is what I said to you:

Well, it's quite simple... If I am known as an artist who created excellent art, then the art that I created would be excellent. And taking that a step further, if I am known as a supernatural deity who created perfect art, then the art that I created would be perfect... It's really not that hard.

Now, I think that was a pretty good common sense type of explanation (and someone even rewarded my post with a "Winner" icon), however, I've come to remember that people are different. And maybe it's because some people have trouble reasoning in a certain way, while some people's native language causes them to read and understand the English language a little bit differently than native English writers or readers..

Therefore, in referring back to my quotation, I thought common sense would have helped someone to understand what I meant when I was hypothetically referring to myself as one who was known for creating excellent music, and how that would ensure that the music that I made would be excellent. However, that wouldn't mean that my music is as good as I am, or is as intelligent as I am, or that it took on characteristics that I had. But instead, it was merely music and would only be excellent for the purpose that it was created for. Same with the example of a supernatural deity who created perfect art. The art wouldn't be as intelligent as the supernatural deity, nor would it take on the characteristic of the supernatural deity.

But I am really sorry that you had trouble understanding that.

Fallen Prophet

Fallen Prophet, something recently occurred to me about one of my explanations to you in this thread. It's in my post #329(hyperlink) on page 17 where I had replied to your concern about how you still didn't see in the Bible where A&E were supposed to have been perfect. And this is what I said to you:

Now, I think that was a pretty good common sense type of explanation (and someone even rewarded my post with a "Winner" icon), however, I've come to remember that people are different. And maybe it's because some people have trouble reasoning in a certain way, while some people's native language causes them to read and understand the English language a little bit differently than native English writers or readers..

Therefore, in referring back to my quotation, I thought common sense would have helped someone to understand what I meant when I was hypothetically referring to myself as one who was known for creating excellent music, and how that would ensure that the music that I made would be excellent. However, that wouldn't mean that my music is as good as I am, or is as intelligent as I am, or that it took on characteristics that I had. But instead, it was merely music and would only be excellent for the purpose that it was created for. Same with the example of a supernatural deity who created perfect art. The art wouldn't be as intelligent as the supernatural deity, nor would it take on the characteristic of the supernatural deity.

But I am really sorry that you had trouble understanding that.
Sorry - this does not make Post #33 or #112 disappear - and claiming that God "created perfect art, then the art that I created would be perfect" doesn't help dig you out of this hole.

None of the Biblical verses you referenced claimed that God's creations were "perfect".

If you want to recant and correct - claim that you were wrong - then do so - but don't lie.

David Davidovich

Sorry - this does not make Post #33 or #112 disappear - and claiming that God "created perfect art, then the art that I created would be perfect" doesn't help dig you out of this hole.

What hole? The only hole that you think that I'm in is in your imagination.

None of the Biblical verses you referenced claimed that God's creations were "perfect".

If you want to recant and correct - claim that you were wrong - then do so - but don't lie.

Recant and correct? LOL :smile:Unfortunately, I would say that you are probably the only person who read my post #433 and didn't understand what I was really saying to you. LOL :smile:

So, bye now, Fallen Prophet! LOL :smile: And I hope to never talk to you again at the Religious Forums. LOL :smile:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was doing some research on another topic that I had been thinking about, however, I read this quote in one of the articles that I was reading:

Even after the Fall, it makes sense that these weather variations were minimally different. But with the global Flood that destroyed the earth and rearranged continents and so on, the extremes become pronounced — we now have ice caps and extremely high mountains that were pushed up from the Flood (Psalm 104:8). We now have deserts that have extreme heat and cold and little water.​

click here: State of the Water Vapor Canopy Model | Answers in Genesis

Therefore, after reading that, what I would like to ask those who believe in the Genesis account about the flood: Why would the flood have been the best and the most efficient way for God to have cleansed the earth of the saturated evil that existed at that time? Considering all the extreme changes and consequences that are supposed to have occurred as a result of the flood.
Because of Genesis 6:1-4, rebellious “sons of God”. IOW, rebellious angels that Peter & Jude mention. And their offspring the Nephillim.

More later; it’s late.

But I found this:

How would such information be available to ancient - therefore primitive (as would be claimed by modern secular authorities) - human civilization if it weren’t for these rebellious powerful creatures who materialized as humans to take women, “all whom they chose”?

According to the Gospels, these ‘demons’ can possess animals. Remember the “herd of swine” that went over the cliff?

At Genesis 6:1-4, Pre-Flood, they apparently materialized as men & began sleeping with women!

No wonder God stepped in!

The Tartarus they were thrown into, that the Apostle Peter mentions… this debased condition - apparently prohibits them from materializing today, but they still manifest as “apparitions” & pretend to be “dead loved ones” to mislead.

IMO.

Because, to me, the dead are dead. They “know nothing.” Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:3,4.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

There certainly are people like that. They walk down the street and just hit people randomly these days. Or worse.

Audie

Veteran Member
Because of Genesis 6:1-4, rebellious “sons of God”. IOW, rebellious angels that Peter & Jude mention. And their offspring the Nephillim.

More later; it’s late.

But I found this:

How would such information be available to ancient - therefore primitive (as would be claimed by modern secular authorities) - human civilization if it weren’t for these rebellious powerful creatures who materialized as humans to take women, “all whom they chose”?

According to the Gospels, these ‘demons’ can possess animals. Remember the “herd of swine” that went over the cliff?

At Genesis 6:1-4, Pre-Flood, they apparently materialized as men & began sleeping with women!

No wonder God stepped in!

The Tartarus they were thrown into, that the Apostle Peter mentions… this debased condition - apparently prohibits them from materializing today, but they still manifest as “apparitions” & pretend to be “dead loved ones” to mislead.

IMO.

Because, to me, the dead are dead. They “know nothing.” Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:3,4.
So easily suckered by forged maps.

What all else do you choose to believe,
with so little thought or cross checking?

Flood, maybe?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So easily suckered by forged maps.

What all else do you choose to believe,
with so little thought or cross checking?

Flood, maybe?
Ironically his source links to another one that refutes the claims of his source. In other words his source refutes itself. That is par for the course for YEC "science":

The aptly named "bad archaeology" tells what is wrong with that map, And it does not show an ice free Antarctica. I do not know where he got that assumption from. Just because it used yellow instead of white for Antarctica does not mean that it is ice free. And this was supposed to have happened quite a while after the flood. Doesn't he even realize that a modern ice free Antarctica would mean for global sea levels? This refutes itself on so many levels that is rather amazing.

Audie

Veteran Member
Ironically his source links to another one that refutes the claims of his source. In other words his source refutes itself. That is par for the course for YEC "science":

The aptly named "bad archaeology" tells what is wrong with that map, And it does not show an ice free Antarctica. I do not know where he got that assumption from. Just because it used yellow instead of white for Antarctica does not mean that it is ice free. And this was supposed to have happened quite a while after the flood. Doesn't he even realize that a modern ice free Antarctica would mean for global sea levels? This refutes itself on so many levels that is rather amazing.
" Real"-izing ain't exactly our friend's
specialty.