• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God send good people to Hell just because they dont believe he exists?

Flat Earth Kyle

I agree. Mormons insist that in a previous life I *chose* to be part of their God's plan. I think it's a really stupid plan and I won't take any BS concerning what I "already chose".

I would only want to worship a God who allowed for religious differences in the first place. It shouldn't matter what you believe in, but rather what you choose to do about it.

I think the very fact that there are multiple religions in the world show that God allows there to be religious differences in the world. If someone wants to believe that God is a cow, God allows them to believe that.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Just because God deems us lost if we don't accept that he sent his son to be murdered for us eating an apple, doesn't make God any more worthy of worship, it also doesn't make his plan any more admirable.

you got that right. and so simply put.
:clap

Flat Earth Kyle

Only if God deemed it so. Just because God deems us lost if we don't accept that he sent his son to be murdered for us eating an apple, doesn't make God any more worthy of worship, it also doesn't make his plan any more admirable.

We believe, that whether you believe in Christ or not, because Christ was resurrected everyone will benefit from coming to earth, for everyone one day will be resurrected receiving glorified immortal bodies of flesh and bone, something we never had going infinitely into the past.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
We believe, that whether you believe in Christ or not, because Christ was resurrected everyone will benefit from coming to earth, for everyone one day will be resurrected receiving glorified immortal bodies of flesh and bone, something we never had going infinitely into the past.
Immortal bodies of flesh and bone? That's just so... impractical, why on Earth would God do that? Bodies just restrict you into certain ways of thinking. :p

Flat Earth Kyle

Thank you, I failed to mention that they will be perfect bodies.
If we are missing an arm in this life, we will have it in the next life.

How do you know if bodies are restricting or not? Do you know what it is like not to have one?

waitasec

Veteran Member

How do you know if bodies are restricting or not?

:facepalm:

cancer comes to mind. the inability to grow a missing limb...
our adrenal glands are too big, making stress the #1 cause of death
we use the same tube to eat and breath thusly raising the chances of asphyxiation
the birth canal is in a really inconvenient location
the influenza virus always seems to be one step ahead of us...

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic

How do you know if bodies are restricting or not? Do you know what it is like not to have one?
What if I want a tail? Will I get that? :D

Flat Earth Kyle

Yes, our bodies right now are imperfect bodies. and when we will be resurrected they will be perfect bodies and we will never again have to worry about pain or sickness, or the need to have something amputated.

Blackdog22

Yes, our bodies right now are imperfect bodies. and when we will be resurrected they will be perfect bodies and we will never again have to worry about pain or sickness, or the need to have something amputated.

See, this is what gets me. So Jesus dying had no real effect on what is happening around us now? We only get a benefit after we die? Why is God so big on prolonging sickness and disease? Why do you think he sent a human to die on a human earth for non human/fleshly or spiritual benefit? I mean, if there is no way to measure whether Jesus dying had any effect at all on us, he might as well had never of come. God could've sorted us going to Heaven with perfect bodies without the need for some guy dying on a Christ for an unprovable purpose.... on earth...

Blackdog22

Again we are off onto another topic.
Shall I go make another thread on Why does God allow suffering?
Because I will.

Often times the subject will change and flow in different directions. If we made topics for every tiny departure from the OP then there would be tons of tiny topics with no change or variance and thus would lead nowhere. Just answer the question man...

Flat Earth Kyle

Why does God allow so much suffering?
Go read this article, I think it explains things super well!
discusses the following...
"It appears there are several reasons why suffering occurs:
1. God causes it.
2. An individual brings it on himself.
3. Someone intentionally causes another person to suffer.
4. Human error may unintentionally cause suffering.
5. An act of nature precipitates the damage, injury, or death.
6. A mechanical malfunction causes an accident."

What Is the Purpose of Suffering? - New Era Apr. 1975 - new-era

After reading it go comment on my new thread
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...0-why-does-god-allow-so-much.html#post2549817

Splarnst

Why would God® send anyone to hell at all? An infinite punishment for any finite crime is insurmountably just.

God® = Abrahamic deity