• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God send good people to Hell just because they dont believe he exists?

Flat Earth Kyle

Yah I left awhile back because I felt I made my point, but it is just full of good conversations.

As to the conversation on The Serpent being an Animal or Satan or a animal possessed by Satan,
I believe that it was just Satan and no animal was involved. I think it described the animal first because it is the beginning of the Bible, if you have never read it before or don't know anything about it you don't know who Satan is, so it is nice to describe him as something they might be familiar with. Snakes are pretty dangerous, it is kind of nice to know right from the beginning that Satan is bad news.
I do wish though that the Bible would come out and say Satan was like a crafty serpent, but hey that is the Bible for you, it is full of all sorts of vagueness. A good example would be bishops and deacons. The New Testament mentions them, but never once mentions exactly what they were or what their responsibilities were.
Those references in revelation were pretty good though.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't believe He sends anybody to hell for not believing in Him. For God, it has no benefit or harm to believe or disbelieve in Him.
I think for older ages, when humanity was at the 'child stage', He guided people by fear of hell, so, people may follow the Commandments.
For the age of maturity that we live in, the literal interpretation of a physical hell doesn't make sense anymore to a lot of people.
Although, developing spirituality is required for life of spirit after death, just as developing, eye, ear and etc, are important when we are in the womb.

Jesus believed in God and Jesus went to hell.
[Acts 2vs27,31; Psalm 16v10]

Was it God, or rather false clergy teachings that guided people by fear or scare tactics of a hellfire?
[Acts 20vs29,30]

Literal 'biblical hell' [sheol] is just the common grave of mankind.
In other words, Jesus was in a literal hell or grave where the dead 'sleep'.
Sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrected to either heaven, or a physical resurrection on earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.
-John 11vs11-14; Ecc 9v5.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I do wish though that the Bible would come out and say Satan was like a crafty serpent, but hey that is the Bible for you, it is full of all sorts of vagueness. A good example would be bishops and deacons. The New Testament mentions them, but never once mentions exactly what they were or what their responsibilities were.
Those references in revelation were pretty good though.

Aren't the responsibilities of those in a position of leadership to be spiritual shepherds to take care of the congregation's spiritual welfare.?
1 Tim 3v5 Take the lead as Jesus did? Luke 4v43; Acts 1v8; Matthew 24v14.

As far as Satan being crafty, what do you thinks the verses at Revelation [12 vs9,12] and 1st Peter [5v8] mean?

Flat Earth Kyle

Aren't the responsibilities of those in a position of leadership to be spiritual shepherds to take care of the congregation's spiritual welfare.?
1 Tim 3v5 Take the lead as Jesus did? Luke 4v43; Acts 1v8; Matthew 24v14.

As far as Satan being crafty, what do you thinks the verses at Revelation [12 vs9,12] and 1st Peter [5v8] mean?

In a general sense yes everyone in the leadership does take care of the congregation's spiritual welfare, but why are there different names? What do the names mean? What is the difference between them other than spelling? Certainly in Moses's day someone of the quorum of the 70 had different responsibilities in attending to the church than did the typical priest. There are a lot of priesthood offices in God's church, where does it go into detail about the responsibilities of each office?

Revelation 12:9,12
Satan is called both the devil and the serpent. Satan has many names.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In a general sense yes everyone in the leadership does take care of the congregation's spiritual welfare, but why are there different names? What do the names mean? What is the difference between them other than spelling? Certainly in Moses's day someone of the quorum of the 70 had different responsibilities in attending to the church than did the typical priest. There are a lot of priesthood offices in God's church, where does it go into detail about the responsibilities of each office?
Revelation 12:9,12
Satan is called both the devil and the serpent. Satan has many names.

Isn't Satan,Devil, Serpent all titles not personal names?
Satan: Resister
Devil: Slanderer
Serpent: deceiver
Dragon: destroyer

Apparently one difference between [bishop/overseer/ elder/ older man] and deacons [ministerial servants/ assistants] is as verse 2 [of 1Tim.3] mentions: 'teaching'. [Eph. 4 vs7-12]

Those spiritually older men have the position of teaching in the congregation.
Whereas their servants or assistants to those spiritually older men care for matters of a non-pastoral nature so that the overseers might concentrate more on both congregational teaching and shepherding activities.

Servants [deacons] could care for matters of a material nature or routine.
They could have purchased materials for copying Scripture besides doing the copying of Scripture. They could also have helped in a practical way such as with the temporary food distribution problem.

-Acts 6 vs1-6; Acts 20 vs17,28; Phil. 1v1; Matt 25v40; James 5v14

Flat Earth Kyle

Isn't Satan,Devil, Serpent all titles not personal names?
Satan: Resister
Devil: Slanderer
Serpent: deceiver
Dragon: destroyer

Apparently one difference between [bishop/overseer/ elder/ older man] and deacons [ministerial servants/ assistants] is as verse 2 [of 1Tim.3] mentions: 'teaching'. [Eph. 4 vs7-12]

Those spiritually older men have the position of teaching in the congregation.
Whereas their servants or assistants to those spiritually older men care for matters of a non-pastoral nature so that the overseers might concentrate more on both congregational teaching and shepherding activities.

Servants [deacons] could care for matters of a material nature or routine.
They could have purchased materials for copying Scripture besides doing the copying of Scripture. They could also have helped in a practical way such as with the temporary food distribution problem.

-Acts 6 vs1-6; Acts 20 vs17,28; Phil. 1v1; Matt 25v40; James 5v14

First, technically a title is a name.
name   [neym] Show IPA noun, verb, named, nam·ing, adjective
noun
a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
an appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
a reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
a distinguished, famous, or great reputation; fame: to make a name for oneself.
(the above is from Dictionary.com)

Secondly, lets see how much of what you just said is an assumption.
Assumption #1 their servants or assistants to those spiritually older men care for matters of a non-pastoral nature.
Assumption #2 Those spiritually older men have the position of teaching in the congregation. -- Where does it say anywhere that Bishops are spiritually older men?
Assumption #3 It never says whether or not deacons did or didn't teach, to say one or the other would be an assumption.
Assumption #4 "Servants [deacons] could care for matters of a material nature or routine. --- The word could here indicates this is an assumption, unless you are indicating that they merely had the ability to do so.
Assumption #5 "-Acts 6 vs1-6; Acts 20 vs17,28; Phil. 1v1; Matt 25v40; James 5v14" Not one of these scriptures use the words bishop or deacon, it would be an assumption for you to think that these scriptures are referring to bishops and deacons.
Assumption #6 No where in Timothy 3 did it ever say that a bishop was an elder, or even an old man.

Normally when I ask a question, I hope for answers, not a bunch of opinions and guesses. If I want to hear your unproven assumptions I will let you know.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What is unproven about the 'elders' of Acts 20v17 also being the 'overseers' of verse 28 ?

'Married with children' does Not assume youth but an older person.
1 Tim 3vs 2,4,12

Flat Earth Kyle

What is unproven about the 'elders' of Acts 20v17 also being the 'overseers' of verse 28 ?

'Married with children' does Not assume youth but an older person.
1 Tim 3vs 2,4,12

How old do you think Mary was when she gave birth to Christ?
Married with children does not make one elderly.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How old do you think Mary was when she gave birth to Christ?
Married with children does not make one elderly.

But with children does give one some years of experience.
Even if Mary was 15, by the time Jesus being age 10 would make Mary age 25.

Being a 'spiritually older' man does not necessarily mean elderly.
One can be a spiritual overseer or elder without being elderly.

Satyamavejayanti

Im going to get straight to the point.

Why would God send people to Hell for being Good Careing Decent people?

That is one of many things I find disturbing about Christianity, and Christians in general. They are so convinced that they are the only ones who can lead a righteous life. And when to show them that there are others who can be equally or more so good and righteous, they come up with some excuse to disprove it.
In my faith there is no eternal hell or heaven, to be a good human is the only requirement.

In my faith our souls are immortal and eternal, so no fear of Hell or craving for Heaven.

Good Luck

OM TATH SATH

Flat Earth Kyle

But with children does give one some years of experience.
Even if Mary was 15, by the time Jesus being age 10 would make Mary age 25.

Being a 'spiritually older' man does not necessarily mean elderly.
One can be a spiritual overseer or elder without being elderly.

Is that an assumption? Where does the Bible say that?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Doesn't 1st Tim. 3 vs4,12 mention married with children?

Young Timothy was already spiritually mature because he learned the Holy Writings since childhood. [2nd Tim 3vs14,15] Timothy was not elderly but 'spiritually older' than someone not already familiar with Scripture.

Flat Earth Kyle

Doesn't 1st Tim. 3 vs4,12 mention married with children?

Young Timothy was already spiritually mature because he learned the Holy Writings since childhood. [2nd Tim 3vs14,15] Timothy was not elderly but 'spiritually older' than someone not already familiar with Scripture.

where does the Bible say anything about being spiritually mature, or spiritually older than anyone?

Say your main point again without any of your assumptions.