• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would an Omnipotent God Want Worshipers?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
All gods are false. Prove that your god is more real than North Korea's Dear Leader.

You cannot -- more to the point? "Dear Leader" is real.

Future events which was told by the prophets is an evidence for those who want
to believe, there were many false prophets and they won't care about telling future events
about the real world, they only care to deceive the people of their own time and not the future
generations thousands of years to come.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I question the "statistics". "Suicide" is often a question of whichever authority decides some untimely death is or isn't.

Often, in the most deeply religious countries? It's "suicide" when the correct term would be "state murder of a heretic".

Suicide means that a person kill his own self, the suicide rate in the Muslim world is very low compared
to other countries.

Bob the Unbeliever

Future events which was told by the prophets is an evidence for those who want
to believe, there were many false prophets and they won't care about telling future events
about the real world, they only care to deceive the people of their own time and not the future
generations thousands of years to come.

Name one (1) of your "prophetic events" that is accurately predicted.

Hint: Nebulous statements such as "countries will fight one another" do not count.

Hint: stories written *after* the events in question are not "prophetic"-- they are history.

igno remos

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

if there is no other God besides it, how can it be jealous of what doesn't exist?

Either there are other gods, or else, it's jealous of nothing. seems rather irrational; especially for an omniscient god, don't you think?

Absolutely. Your logic is correct and impiccable.

igno remos

god is recording our deeds. the angels are aspects of God. the uncreated doesn't have a fixed form. angels were formed by the uncreated creator from itself.

when you divide god against parts of itself, you create duality. God is ONE

'Fear g0d' says that angels are aspects of g0d and that g0d is one. Why then did 1/3 of the angels in heaven rebelled against g0d? Fought a war in heaven, was defeated and cast down to earth. Is this true? Did it happen? How did you know that it did happened?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Name one (1) of your "prophetic events" that is accurately predicted.

Hint: Nebulous statements such as "countries will fight one another" do not count.

Hint: stories written *after* the events in question are not "prophetic"-- they are history.

We have already discussed it in one other thread, repeating it will be useless here.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
'Fear g0d' says that angels are aspects of g0d and that g0d is one. Why then did 1/3 of the angels in heaven rebelled against g0d? Fought a war in heaven, was defeated and cast down to earth. Is this true? Did it happen? How did you know that it did happened?

Angels are creation as we are, Angels were made to be obedient, so war against God by the Angels can never happen.

omega2xx

Thank you for being honest. I didn't want to put myself in it, but I am a living example of someone who knows god does not exist

No one can know that with any certainty.

but because of the nature of my environment it is very easy to conform to practice a very beautiful and worthwhile religion and denomination I have no foundation for if trying to see it as reality. It doesn't click. Sometimes I just look outside and crumple my nose and think "how in the world did they get god [of the bible] from looking at this tree."

Amen to that.

Since I'm one out of probably a thousand, I don't see it's not possible or they don't exist. Just many people just don't care. I met one gentleman from China who never heard of christianity and said he never believed nor heard of god. If god is a fact and universal, he would have probably heard of it and even know it exist in order to decide not believe it.

I bet he had some belief in some kin of a higher being.

Not wrong. I'm a living example. Just maybe you haven't come across someone who fits that description and experience. I mean, when I came across a Buddhist here, I was shocked. Doesn't mean it's wrong there weren't any.

I doubt if I have ever met such a person.

It's not about the Church but the foundation of the Church. If someone is miserable because they know god, of course they are going to turn away from him. Not because of a church or spiritual crisis. That feeling or experience of god is completely unsettling. I honestly don't understand how believers don't understand that someone can be miserable with god.<<

I don't understand how anyone who knows God can be miserable with Him, If they are miserable it is because of their circumstances, not from knowing God, or they have been taught wrong about God and Christianity.

I won't generalize, so I do feel some people fit this description even though I haven't met anyone else other than the man I mentioned.

I am sur ether are more, but probably not very many.

omega2xx

Angels are creation as we are, Angels were made to be obedient, so war against God by the Angels can never happen.

You are half right. Angels were created beings, but they an be disobedient. Satan is an angel and at the end of the age, He will gather an army to fight aganist God and His army of angels(Rev 12:7).

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

the same reason that the mind forms the body through the spirit for good or evil.

Zechariah 13:9

And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are my people’; and they will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

I AM the Infinite I

thirds

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are half right. Angels were created beings, but they an be disobedient. Satan is an angel and at the end of the age, He will gather an army to fight aganist God and His army of angels(Rev 12:7).

the sh!t hits the fan:eek:

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

omega2xx

You don't know that god exists?

Actually I do, but I can't prove it.

Nope. Not everyone believes like you. I haven't met a Maori person nor know anything not written about the Maori faith, but that doesn't mean it's not true or they don't exist.

It is not about believing like me. Every people group ever found have has dome kind of a believe in a high power.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Actually I do, but I can't prove it.

Same here. I actually do believe god does not exist. As a result, how can I prove what doesn't exist, doesn't exist. That's silly. That's like asking me to prove there is no penny in my hand when I tell you and open my hand to show you there is no penny.

It is not about believing like me. Every people group ever found have has dome kind of a believe in a high power

Nope. That's generalization. Buddhist don't believe in a higher power. That's a pretty huge group of people and way before christianity at that. Broaden your horizons. Just because many people believe in a higher power doesn't mean other people like myself do. Don't categorize people and see people as individuals. There are actually flesh and blood people that do not believe in and know there is no higher power.

Hard to believe, yes and it is true.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Satan is a different creation than angels, but both are unseen beings.

Bob the Unbeliever

That what you think which doesn't make it true.

This makes.... 3? Five? Chances you had to post an argument, or an example of your alleged "prophecies".

With each missed chance, you dig your hole deeper and deeper; leaving unrefuted the statement:

"none of your alleged prophecies have been show to be real"

I find your methods less than... effective. But then again? People such as yourself have had more than 1700 years to get it right, and you still cannot seem to do so.