• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would an Omnipotent God Want Worshipers?

Bob the Unbeliever

Satan is a different creation than angels, but both are unseen beings.

The very notion that your "perfect" god created this "satan" character who is fatally flawed?

Proves beyond a doubt, that your god is anything BUT perfect.

Certainly your god is absolutely not good.

A being who was good-- even if he had made a mistake in creating Satan-- would have corrected that mistake as soon as it became apparent Satan was evil. Immediately, if not sooner.

The fact that you believe your god did not do that?

Means your god is complacent and indeed-- responsible-- for any and every act that Satan commits.

I will now await your insulting non-reply.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The very notion that your "perfect" god created this "satan" character who is fatally flawed?

Proves beyond a doubt, that your god is anything BUT perfect.

Certainly your god is absolutely not good.

A being who was good-- even if he had made a mistake in creating Satan-- would have corrected that mistake as soon as it became apparent Satan was evil. Immediately, if not sooner.

The fact that you believe your god did not do that?

Means your god is complacent and indeed-- responsible-- for any and every act that Satan commits.

I will now await your insulting non-reply.

I have already replied your questions but you don't care about it,
The angels asked God why to create a creation that will do bad on earth
while we obey you, the answer was that God has a purpose of such creations.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
This makes.... 3? Five? Chances you had to post an argument, or an example of your alleged "prophecies".

With each missed chance, you dig your hole deeper and deeper; leaving unrefuted the statement:

"none of your alleged prophecies have been show to be real"

I find your methods less than... effective. But then again? People such as yourself have had more than 1700 years to get it right, and you still cannot seem to do so.

It's real, the end times says that the state of Israel will be established in Palestine
and it happened, even the Christians believe it to happen according to the bible.

The Jews were weak at that era, they were oppressed by the Romans and then Muslims
were able to beat the Romans and establishing the Islamic state which reached Spain,
the prophet foretold that the Islamic state will fall apart to several states ruled by unjust
rulers that no one of you can criticize them without being punished, the prophet foretold
that a great damage due to war will happen in Al Sham (Syria) and if it happened then
it's the sign for the born of the Islamic state and the end of time.

omega2xx

Same here. I actually do believe god does not exist. As a result, how can I prove what doesn't exist, doesn't exist. That's silly. That's like asking me to prove there is no penny in my hand when I tell you and open my hand to show you there is no penny.

I haven't ask you to prove anything.

Nope. That's generalization. Buddhist don't believe in a higher power. That's a pretty huge group of people and way before christianity at that.

Then why do they have all of their icons of Buddha? What Buddhist believe is only relevant if it is true. The Bible says it is not true. That is all I need to reject Buddhism. The gods of Egypt are older than Buddhism. Does that meant they are right?

Broaden your horizons. Just because many people believe in a higher power doesn't mean other people like myself do. Don't categorize people and see people as individuals. There are actually flesh and blood people that do not believe in and know there is no higher power.

Believing something that is false will not broaden anyone horizon. People are individuals and there is nothing wrong with categorizing them as long as you put them in the right category.

omega2xx

Satan is a different creation than angels, but both are unseen beings.

He is not. If you can understand Ezk 28:1-14 you will see that he was a cherub.

1-Stubborn and ardent clinging to one's opinion is the best proof of stupidity.
Michel de Montaigne
2-We can't fix stupid

Montaigne was also wrong. Clinging to opinions that are right is not a sign of stupidity and believing in correct teaching will fix stupid.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
He is not. If you can understand Ezk 28:1-14 you will see that he was a cherub.

1-Stubborn and ardent clinging to one's opinion is the best proof of stupidity.
Michel de Montaigne
2-We can't fix stupid

Montaigne was also wrong. Clinging to opinions that are right is not a sign of stupidity and believing in correct teaching will fix stupid.

He said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I ordered you?" He said, "I am better than he; You created me from fire, and created him from mud." (7:12)

According to the quran, Humans are product of mud, Jinn which Satan is one are product
of fire whereas the angels are product of light.

In addition to the angels, the Islam assumes the existence of other invisible creatures called Jinn. Besides they also belong to the supernatural creatures, they have some characteristics in common with humans and differ from the angels. Unlike angels, the Jinn are mortals and it is said, they also eat, drink, procreate, die and have desires.[27] Furthermore, the angels belong to the celestial realm, even they can travel to other realms, if their tasks requires it, while Jinn are assumed to live either next to humans on earth or in an intermediary realm.[28]

According to a hadith from Sahih Muslim, the distinction between jinn and angels depends on, if they are created out of fire or light:

A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) said: The Angels were born out of light and the Jinns were born out of the spark of fire and Adam was born as he has been defined (in the Qur'an) for you (i. e. he is fashioned out of clay)

— Muslim 2996, also, #Sahih Muslim Vol-7, Book of Zuhd & softening of hearts, Hadeeth 7134

Islamic view of angels - Wikipedia

omega2xx

He said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I ordered you?" He said, "I am better than he; You created me from fire, and created him from mud." (7:12)

According to the quran, Humans are product of mud, Jinn which Satan is one are product
of fire whereas the angels are product of light.

The Bible says differently. I accept the Bible as evidently you accept the quran.

In addition to the angels, the Islam assumes the existence of other invisible creatures called Jinn. Besides they also belong to the supernatural creatures, they have some characteristics in common with humans and differ from the angels. Unlike angels, the Jinn are mortals and it is said, they also eat, drink, procreate, die and have desires.[27] Furthermore, the angels belong to the celestial realm, even they can travel to other realms, if their tasks requires it, while Jinn are assumed to live either next to humans on earth or in an intermediary realm.[28]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_angels#cite_note-28

My faith does not rest on the quran. There is no point in telling me what it says.

According to a hadith from Sahih Muslim, the distinction between jinn and angels depends on, if they are created out of fire or light:

A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) said: The Angels were born out of light and the Jinns were born out of the spark of fire and Adam was born as he has been defined (in the Qur'an) for you (i. e. he is fashioned out of clay)

— Muslim 2996, also, #Sahih Muslim Vol-7, Book of Zuhd & softening of hearts, Hadeeth 7134

Islamic view of angels - Wikipedia

If that is what you believe, fine, but in spiritual truths, the Bible is the only writings I accept.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Bible says differently. I accept the Bible as evidently you accept the quran.

My faith does not rest on the quran. There is no point in telling me what it says.

If that is what you believe, fine, but in spiritual truths, the Bible is the only writings I accept.

I have no problem to respect your belief but i don't have to accept it as a mere fact.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No one can know that with any certainty.

Do you know god exists then since no one knows for certain?

I haven't ask you to prove anything.

I never asked you to.

Then why do they have all of their icons of Buddha? What Buddhist believe is only relevant if it is true. The Bible says it is not true. That is all I need to reject Buddhism. The gods of Egypt are older than Buddhism. Does that meant they are right?

The Buddha is not god. He is just a regular person who said he understands suffering, knows the cause, knows how to end it, and explained how. You're mixing up using icons for reverence and devotion and using icons as if they were The Buddha or god. It's a silly mix up and one that makes me laugh everytime I see it. Buddhist don't pray to statues. They use it in their practice for concentration purposes. Just as I would shake the president's hand if he came to visit, different cultures have their ways of respecting the Buddha. That and it's not The Buddha they look to. They just give reverence. It's the Dharma they practice.

Buddhism is about The Dharma not The Buddha. Have to experience it to know the difference between worship, reverence, and devotion. Can't generalize all religions. Not all have a higher power. That's just a silly statement with thousands of religions around the world and you think they all are alike in the higher power worship.

The Buddha is not a god. There is no god in Buddhism. No creator. No higher power. Rejecting Buddhism is rejecting that you are responsible for your actions, that you need to do something about them, and rejecting how to fix your actions. It's rejecting that your delusions and things you think are false are only things that are in your head and not reality. It's rejecting the Dharma. The buddha has nothing to do with it.

The Buddha is just a human.

Believing something that is false will not broaden anyone horizon. People are individuals and there is nothing wrong with categorizing them as long as you put them in the right category.

I never said believe in something else. That would be nice to see in other people's shoes but many christians feel like they are disobeying god or something if they do. Empathy and open-mindness to understand other views seems to be against god for some weird reason.

Seeing things as right and wrong is putting a division between you and other faiths. It's total disrespect. Some people to the point of hatred when they disagree with god and the bible.

You can say no, but your words and your scripture dictates indirect hate for other people who do not agree with what you do. No problem with that. People deserve to have other people acknowledge them for their religion and how it is right to that person.

If I can say what you believe is right to you and not wrong, why can't you do the same? Does your god prevent you to be openminded?

Bob the Unbeliever

I have already replied your questions but you don't care about it,

No-- you did not. Your "reply" basically ignored my question, and you subsituted a side-issue (strawman) which you then pretended to "answer". But you did not even do that! Just more of your preaching, instead.

The angels asked God why to create a creation that will do bad on earth
while we obey you, the answer was that God has a purpose of such creations.

"purpose"? Oh! I get it now: Your god loves to torture beings who cannot help being what they are!

Your god is .... an Ant Bully

Kelly of the Phoenix

Why a non-omnipotent god is worshiped ? Please
Regards
Because being a deity didn't require that stipulation in ancient times (well, the most ancient). You just had to be better at something or cooler at something than normal people. GRASS AND TREES could be gods, for God's sake. :)

It is much later that omnipotence becomes an assumed trait, but the problem I have with it is that to my dog, I'm practically omnipotent, so how do we limited humans determine if God is truly omnipotent (can't seem to raise the beheaded back to life and many other things, like defeat an army with iron weapons) or just "cooler than we are"?

Future events which was told by the prophets is an evidence for those who want
to believe, there were many false prophets and they won't care about telling future events
about the real world, they only care to deceive the people of their own time and not the future
generations thousands of years to come.
Since you can't trace the stories to a time before the supposed event, how do we prove their prophecies? Lots of stories have prophecies, like in movies and tv shows, and whaddyaknow, they are shown to be true by the time the credits roll. Does that make them of God?

It's real, the end times says that the state of Israel will be established in Palestine and it happened, even the Christians believe it to happen according to the bible.
It happened because anti-Semitic countries didn't want Jews in their own lands and were content to kick them all out to "their" country, despite the fact other people were living there, but, hey, it's biblical to just stick a "God's happy about it" sticker on your weapons and then mow everyone down.

The Jews were weak at that era, they were oppressed by the Romans and then Muslims
Wow, that skips a LOT of groups.

the prophet foretold that the Islamic state will fall apart to several states ruled by unjust
rulers
It's a fact that all empires suck eventually. We just simply haven't invented a governmental concept that can accommodate such huge territories. The British made the Roman Empire look like a practice run and THEY couldn't keep all their countries either.

the prophet foretold
that a great damage due to war will happen in Al Sham (Syria) and if it happened then
it's the sign for the born of the Islamic state and the end of time.
Prophecies saying the Middle East will experience conflict is like prophesying that taking the Ice Bucket Challenge will make you cold and wet.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No-- you did not. Your "reply" basically ignored my question, and you subsituted a side-issue (strawman) which you then pretended to "answer". But you did not even do that! Just more of your preaching, instead.

I'm not preaching, I'm only explaining what I believe and I don't care either for
what you want to believe, I'm not doing business for God.

"purpose"? Oh! I get it now: Your god loves to torture beings who cannot help being what they are!

Your god is .... an Ant Bully

They can if they want to, do you think the criminals and the rapists are so
because their brains were wired in one specific way?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Nope. You have to LIE to twist what was actually written, into what happened.

LOL!

Why I have to lie? liars are bad people and my religion and my personality
prevent me of being a liar, at least I fear God of doing bad things and lying
is one, so I never lie except if my lies may save a soul.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Prophecies saying the Middle East will experience conflict is like prophesying that taking the Ice Bucket Challenge will make you cold and wet.

It's was very specific, it's about war in Syria and Yemen, the prophet also foretold
that before it Iraq will face economic sanctions, coincidences similar to the nature
that shaped you into a human being by the scientific process of evolution.

omega2xx

Do you know god exists then since no one knows for certain?

It is possible to know God exists. It is not possible to know He doe snot.

The Buddha is not god. He is just a regular person who said he understands suffering, knows the cause, knows how to end it, and explained how.

He does not know how to end suffering.

You're mixing up using icons for reverence and devotion and using icons as if they were The Buddha or god. It's a silly mix up and one that makes me laugh every time I see it. Buddhist don't pray to statues.

You are probably right about that, My knowledge of icons is mainly how they are used in some Protestadn churches. Do Buddhist pray to the icons of Buddha?

[QUOTEThey use in their practice for concentration purposes. Just as I would shake the president's hand if he came to visit, different cultures have their ways of respecting the Buddha. That and it's not The Buddha they look to. They just give reverence. It's the Dharma they practice.[/QUOTE]

Is Dharma a God?

Buddhism is about The Dharma not The Buddha. Have to experience it to know the difference between worship, reverence, and devotion. Can't generalize all religions. Not all have a higher power. That's just a silly statement with thousands of religions around the world and you think they all are alike in the higher power worship.

They all have a higher power, whether they call it a god or not.

[QUOTEI never said believe in something else. That would be nice to see in other people's shoes but many christians feel like they are disobeying god or something if they do. Empathy and open-mindness to understand other views seems to be against god for some weird reason.[/QUOTE]

If a Christian does believe in anothe religion, they are disobeying God. We can understand other views without accepting them.

Making things as right and wrong is putting a division between you and other faiths.

Of course but Jesus said He came to divide, not to unite. We don't alter our beliefs to make friends.

It's total disrespect. Some people to the point of hatred when they disagree with god and the bible.

Disagreeing is not disrespect. Those people are wrong.[

You can say no, but your words and your scripture dictates indirect hate for other people who do not agree with what you do.

That simply isn't true. It only seems true to people who do not understand Christianity. Christianity teaches love even for our enemies. Does Buddha teach that?

If I can say what you believe is right to you and not wrong, why can't you do the same? Does your god prevent you to be openminded?

This is not about what is right for a person, it is abut what is true for everyone.

If I think Buddhaism is a false religion, I need to say so or I am being dishonest. and if it is, I am leading them astray.