• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the religious community look down on a woman showing cleavage.

sooda

Veteran Member
It all comes down to the person. I've seen a LOT of naked people in my lifetime. For me it's not a really big deal because it's normalized for me so I don't have the kind of excitement as the person who hasn't seen too many naked people.

When I see cleavage it tells me a woman is proud of who she is more than thinking she is a loosy Lucy.

Of course I'm from an older generation that is not too hung up over some exposed cleavage, still, it does put a smile on my face and I thinks it makes for a nicer world.

These social norms apparently goes in cycles it seems from generation to generation.

IMO its all about what is appropriate. I never showed cleavage on the job or in the board room..

sealchan

Why is it that if a woman shows some (ok, in my case a lot) of cleavage she is considered to be a ****. Why is showing what God has given (yes mine are God given) a woman looked at as such a bad thing. I have had larger than normal boobs since my teens so believe me I have hear all of the comments so feel free to speak openly. Have a great Saturday night and I hope to hear from you.

It may be that the visual impact on many men makes such dress a threat to male dominance and sense of power. And women who dress this way may do so in part for reasons of "commanding" respect and attention from such men.

But if women were treated as equals and not as categorically disempowered as they are in so many ways, then your question would become one which would have more to do with individual psychology rather than group mentality.

In my society breasts are sexual objects in part because of the restrictive attitude toward the gratification of human sexuality in general which creates an over response to certain images rarely seen except during sexual encounters.

Jinkx

Why is it that if a woman shows some (ok, in my case a lot) of cleavage she is considered to be a ****. Why is showing what God has given (yes mine are God given) a woman looked at as such a bad thing. I have had larger than normal boobs since my teens so believe me I have hear all of the comments so feel free to speak openly. Have a great Saturday night and I hope to hear from you.

Double standards in regards to such judgments.