• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Some Christians Become Militant Atheists

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
It has? last I heard like 80% were atheist or agnostic. Or maybe that was just sweden.

No, unfortunately Christianity is just as popular, but religion or lack thereof is not so much a problem in Norway. The voice of Christianity is limited.

I think Sweden is the same. Heathenism is popular in both places and there are covens still alive over there. Norse Gods are not restricted to tiny communities and individuals like in our Christian dominated countries.

CarlinKnew

Ahh so your playing word games to try and prove a point to your own agenda. LoL You actually think that works?

I have no intention of convincing you anything, you've obviously got a firm grip on your beliefs. My only hope is that anyone reading our conversation will recognize the absurdity of Christianity.

Tristesse

No, unfortunately Christianity is just as popular, but religion or lack thereof is not so much a problem in Norway. The voice of Christianity is limited.

I think Sweden is the same. Heathenism is popular in both places and there are covens still alive over there. Norse Gods are not restricted to tiny communities and individuals like in our Christian dominated countries.

Really? I heard a statistic that was done, where like 80% were like atheist. Hmmm..... Well, that sucks.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I have no intention of convincing you anything, you've obviously got a firm grip on your beliefs. My only hope is that anyone reading our conversation will recognize the absurdity of Christian beliefs.

Problem is there is nothing absurd about accepting the fact that my God lets people die. He does it everyday.

CarlinKnew

Problem is there is nothing absurd about accepting the fact that my God lets people die. He does it everyday.

No, here are just a couple of your beliefs that I find absurd:

1. If a man capable of treating someone were to stand passively and watch him die a slow, painful death, that would be immoral. This man might even believe he's allowing this to happen because of some higher purpose.

2. God does this, but it's not immoral in his case.

I ask why is this the case, and you respond simply "Because he's god and I have faith!"

Enoch07

Premium Member
No, here are just a couple of your beliefs that I find absurd:

1. If a man capable of treating someone were to stand passively and watch him die a slow, painful death, that would be immoral. This man might even believe he's allowing this to happen because of some higher purpose.

2. God does this, but it's not immoral in his case.

I ask why is this the case, and you respond simply "Because he's god and I have faith!"

Yes and I will say it again. God lets people die all day everyday. If we had a counter on the side of the screen here of deaths everyday here on earth it would be blurring numbers so fast you would not be able to read it. God even takes some people on purpose if he feels the need to. Because we belong to God he created us therefore he has the right to destroy us anytime he sees fit. There is nothing absurd or immoral about it.

You may not agree with it. And that is perfectly fine. But trying to twist words to make God look immoral changes absolutely nothing. This is second time I have caught you doing it. Its one thing to disagree, its another to spread lies on a consistent basis. Your futile efforts are in vain friend. Don't quit your day job haha.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Excuse me for going off-topic, but I'm going to answer the OP:

I was an atheist for several years after being a Christian, though I don't think that "militant" really describes my belief set. I did have doubts, though, when I was a Christian. Many doubts. I prayed for God to remove these doubts from my heart. They grew. I prayed again. They grew still. Finally, in despair, I sat and prayed for whatever guidance I could be granted. Then it hit me:

God didn't want me to believe in him.

He wished for me to be a skeptic.

I haven't looked back with regret since that moment.

Ok back to the real topic then. That is kinda brutal friend. Personally I don't think God would want you to not believe in Him, but who am I to question the Lord. I was a skeptic at one point in my life aswell. Best of luck in however you choose to live your life though.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
So the child gets punished for something that was completely out of its control, for something it did not do, and this is fair?

What if the child is born disabled, which has nothing to do with the parents, who's fault is it then? Who brought that child into the world with that terrible disability?

Answer: God.

You are speaking as if God gave diseases and disability as punishment. I don't blame God for my son's autism, but as something that happened either before he was born or after (IE immunizations). Parents bring children into the world. God gave us the means to reproduce.

Beaudreaux

It does not say for US to be the ones to put them to death.
Dude, this was one of the O.T. laws given to God's people. It is just like one of the ten commandments. God instructed his people to live this way. Are you saying that this is one of the parts of the Bible you do not adhere to?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Dude, this was one of the O.T. laws given to God's people. It is just like one of the ten commandments. God instructed his people to live this way. Are you saying that this is one of the parts of the Bible you do not adhere to?

Homosexuality is a sin, but so is masturbation and lots of other things people do everyday. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is unforgivable. Does God approve of it. No. But he still loves you, He just does'nt approve of how you live your life. Surely alot gay people who have come out of the closet can understand that. For those that have parents that love them no matter what, but don't exactly approve of your lifestyle.

I admit I am just a man, I make mistakes, but when I read that verse in the bible it does not tell me to kill gay people. It simple states that homosexuality is wrong and if gay people do not repent of it then they have damned themselves to hell. I have several gay friends who consider themselves Christians and believe this to be true as well.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
All of your reasons point to human error. (except for scientific progress) You should blame those specific individuals who have wronged you. Not all of Christianity. It is unfair discrimination.

So you don't believe that children should be taught to have faith? Give me a break. CarlinKnew cited a core tenet of Christianity as the problem, not the actions of some rogue Christian.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
I admit I am just a man, I make mistakes, but when I read that verse in the bible it does not tell me to kill gay people. It simple states that homosexuality is wrong and if gay people do not repent of it then they have damned themselves to hell.

Maybe you haven't actually read the verse in question. Take a look:

Leviticus 20:13 said:
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

What part of "they must be put to death" do you not understand?

emiliano

I know Christians that turned into militant atheist by the promise of becoming smarter, the delusion is that if you become atheist you are self-sufficient and know more things. The Bible does not teach science and does not tell us how God created all there is step by step and science does or will do at some point in time, and their delusion is that this proves that there is no God, the strange thing is that the ones or at least those that I meet are not scientist and don’t seem to know a great deal of science either. They are occupied in other areas of living and some are pretty unsuccessful always complaining about the injustices of our times and blaming God for everything, coveting the wealth of religious institutions and the rich, they blame a God that they know does not exist, they want to be given things because the world owes them a living, or the Dawkin says mob “science can explain it, thus there is no need for God” as if the Bible has that as it purpose. They argue the Bible does not tell us but science does, therefore there is no God. I don’t see a great deal of logic in this, do you? How logical it would have been for God to inspire Moses to write a scientific detail account of how He created to the ancient Israelites?

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
To the right of your keyboard there are two keys which you should note.

One has a greater than symbol (">") over a period ("."). Please press this button after you have typed out a complete statement.

The other has the text "Enter", or possibly "Return". Please press this button when you have typed out enough complete statements to create a complete thought (usually three to five).

If you do this, your writing will look a little more like this, and people will be able to read it!

I know Christians that turned into militant atheist by the promise of becoming smarter. The delusion is that if you become atheist you are self-sufficient and know more things.

The Bible does not teach science and does not tell us how God created all there is step by step. Science does, or will do at some point in time. Their delusion is that this proves that there is no God.

The strange thing is that the ones or at least those that I meet are not scientists, and don’t seem to know a great deal of science either. They are occupied in other areas of living, and some are pretty unsuccessful, always complaining about the injustices of our times and blaming God for everything. Coveting the wealth of religious institutions and the rich, they blame a God that they know does not exist. They want to be given things because the world owes them a living.

Dawkin says “mob science can explain it, thus there is no need for God” as if the Bible has that as it purpose. They argue the Bible does not tell us but science does, therefore there is no God.

I don’t see a great deal of logic in this, do you? How logical it would have been for God to inspire Moses to write a scientific detail account of how He created to the ancient Israelites?

Unfortunately, while it will greatly help others to read what you are saying, it will probably not improve the quality of what you have to say.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I know Christians that turned into militant atheist by the promise of becoming smarter, the delusion is that if you become atheist you are self-sufficient and know more things. The Bible does not teach science and does not tell us how God created all there is step by step and science does or will do at some point in time, and their delusion is that this proves that there is no God, the strange thing is that the ones or at least those that I meet are not scientist and don’t seem to know a great deal of science either. They are occupied in other areas of living and some are pretty unsuccessful always complaining about the injustices of our times and blaming God for everything, coveting the wealth of religious institutions and the rich, they blame a God that they know does not exist, they want to be given things because the world owes them a living, or the Dawkin says mob “science can explain it, thus there is no need for God” as if the Bible has that as it purpose. They argue the Bible does not tell us but science does, therefore there is no God. I don’t see a great deal of logic in this, do you? How logical it would have been for God to inspire Moses to write a scientific detail account of how He created to the ancient Israelites?

You know some stupid people then. Science works independent of God. Im my field which is geology we don't bother with accounting for God nor standing around a computer laughing at his non-existance. My boss is Catholic, but unlike a lot of Catholics, he accepts evolution for what he can see and understand (like most people who are clued up).
Perhaps the people you know are aware of the work some churches do. A church south of me took 15% of my fathers work mates pay check. He was stupid, but the church shouldn't have taken it when they knew he had a mortgage. Then there's the Vatican, i would be interested to know how rich those guys are.

Lets be clear, the bible is not about science, and real science doesn't care about God.