• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should a Christian even look into Islam as a Possible true Faith?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes , we can.
That's not a matter of belief , it is a fact.

You are satisfied with what you have now because it is a consequence of tradition.
Not quite true. I adhere to what I appreciate and what makes sense to me according to the Bible as I understand it.

YoursTrue

Yes , we can.
That's not a matter of belief , it is a fact.

You are satisfied with what you have now because it is a consequence of tradition.
You have the Bible as a consequence of how the Early Church Fathers transmissed early teachings.
Tradition is the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Formally, two Churches can claim the right - Roman and Orthodox.

I have always said that one should seek to find for himself between the two Churches.
At some time when looking more deep in that 'issue' it becomes pretty clear that it's not even a discussion.

Roman Church doctrine of the Trinity has just confused the actual doctrine that was established in the Early Church.It has only destabilized the position of the Christian Church.

But that does not mean that they are not Christians.

Many have been disinformed about what is heresy.The word "heresy" comes from the Greek αἵρεσις, hairesis (from αιρεομαι, haireomai, "choose")
If Jehovah's holy Spirit has not reached someone as it did the Ethiopian eunuch, he won't change.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Not quite true. I adhere to what I appreciate and what makes sense to me according to the Bible as I understand it.
But the compelling of the Bible is a consequence of tradition , it is not a matter of opinion.These early writings make the compelling of the Bible possible.
Maybe you don't understand my point

You are able to read the Bible because of tradition.If the teachings were not preserved , there would be no Bible today.

What your statement is telling is that your veracity is conditional based on your beliefs which of course are conditioned based on what society has given you.

That's what your statement means.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

If Jehovah's holy Spirit has not reached someone as it did the Ethiopian eunuch, he won't change.

But the compelling of the Bible is a consequence of tradition , it is not a matter of opinion.These early writings make the compelling of the Bible possible.
Maybe you don't understand my point

You are able to read the Bible because of tradition.If the teachings were not prreserved , there would be no Bible today.

What your statement is telling is that your veracity is conditional based on your beliefs which of course are conditioned based on what society has given you.

That's what your statement means.
I'd have to study more about that in order to respond. My beliefs I believe are founded on the love that God has for those who love Him and others who love as those also do. In other words, the two greatest commandments.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I'd have to study more about that in order to respond. My beliefs I believe are founded on the love that God has for those who love Him and others who love as those also do. In other words, the two greatest commandments.
Np , study is always accepted.

2ndpillar

This here is evidence of an agenda without any logical premise.

This is considered heretical in theology.

By their fruits you will know them.

What man can note in your explenations is how you twist verses to accuse.
The logical premise of responding to how one is proud of their "fathers", of the Gentile church, is countered by Jeremiah 16:19, whereas God will tell the "nations"/Gentiles, that after the "day of distress", "day of the LORD", the nations/Gentiles, those that "survive" the day of the LORD (Joel 2:31-32), they will confess that their "fathers" gave them nothing but "falsehood". It certainly would be declared "heretical" by the Roman church and her daughters, who are the "flock" (Gentile Church) "doomed for slaughter", per Zechariah 11:7, but as a primary daughter of Babylon the Great, will suffer her downfall (Rev 18:2) after time, times and half a time (Daniel 7:25).

2ndpillar

The first great commandment is that you love God. That requires that one "keep his commandments", which are objective, and not subjective, and are not hard to keep. Otherwise, one is being hypocritical, and we all know what happens to the "hypocrites" (Mt 24:51), who wind up among those who will weep and gnash their teeth, those who "commit lawlessness" (Mt 13:41-42), and thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:40).

"For the love of God consists in this (1 John 4:17), that we keep his commandments: and these are not grievous."

jimb

Premium Member
I used to think gay people were unusual, but now I think they just were afraid for a long time to say anything. 25% though? Really? I would have thought it was lower like between 5% and 15%. Apparently most of them don't go around announcing their preference. I guess it is all hints and winks.
How many people do you know that go around discussing their sexual preference?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How many people do you know that go around discussing their sexual preference?
Its hard to read your tone, but I'd say the question sounds hostile. I don't remember talking to you before. Do you have a beef with me? Cause I don't have a beef with you.

jimb

Premium Member
Its hard to read your tone, but I'd say the question sounds hostile. I don't remember talking to you before. Do you have a beef with me? Cause I don't have a beef with you.

I am not being hostile. You wrote "Apparently most of them [gay people] don't go around announcing their preference. I guess it is all hints and winks." And I responded "How many people do you know that go around discussing their sexual preference?" That is a direct question. You can read into it what you want, but it was not intended to be hostile.

2ndpillar

Atheists don't sin in the sense you mean. That's for you and others who believe as you do to worry about.

The Abrahamic religions make their lives harder, and if you can convince them that they abominations in the eyes of a good god, it's not surprising that some will become despondent. You just called them lost souls, and some will believe that. I doubt that you care.
Well, sin is defined as transgression of the law, whether the transgressor be a comrade of Marx, or a son of Jacob. Those who abide the law were promised a blessing from God, and those who transgressed the law, were cursed, as is in the case of sons of Israel, as well as of Gentiles who transgress the law and wind up divorced, broke, and in prison.

2ndpillar

Agreed. I also couldn't care less about things like sin and hell - threats that only have power over those willing to let them.
The consequence of sin is death. Death is for every person for their own iniquity (Jeremiah 31:30). You will not escape death, whether you are a self-righteous atheist, or an acclaimed Christian. Hell comes from the word sheol, which is the grave. The grave awaits every person, including yourself. Many people seek death, and for good reason, at least until the last moment, when they change their minds concerning their suicide attempt, or trying to get the last drop out of their bottle. Whether you care or not, might not be obvious until your time has come.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
sin is defined as transgression of the law
The literal definition of sin is a religious term and means violating religious commandments said to have come from a god. I only use the word metaphorically as Dylan does here. Ophelia is devout and tries to avoid literal sin, but that has drained the life from her, and THAT is her (metaphorical) sin against herself and an authentic existence:

Ophelia, she's 'neath the window for her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday she already is an old maid
To her, death is quite romantic she wears an iron vest
Her profession's her religion, her sin is her lifelessness
And though her eyes are fixed upon Noah's great rainbow
She spends her time peeking into Desolation Row

Poor Ophelia!
The consequence of sin is death.
Death is an inevitable consequence of being alive.
You will not escape death
Yes, I know. Neither will you.
Whether you care or not, might not be obvious until your time has come.
I can live with that. Actually, I live better for not caring about sin or hell or believing that my mind is continuously being read and me judged.

And if you're wrong, you'll never know that you devoted so many resources to a false belief including your time, your money, and your attention (gazing at "Noah's great rainbow").

Last edited:

2ndpillar

The literal definition of sin is a religious term and means violating religious commandments said to have come from a god. I only use the word metaphorically as Dylan does here. Ophelia is devout and tries to avoid literal sin, but that has drained the life from her, and THAT is her (metaphorical) sin against herself and an authentic existence:
The "religious" "definition of sin" is transgressing the law. If you transgress the law, and are caught killing your neighbor, or taking his wife, or stealing his property, or bearing false witness against them, then you will suffer the consequences. The ultimate consequence is death. The state will be glad to introduce you to Mr. Sparky if you cross certain lines. Those civil laws are based on the Commandments, which you think you can disregard. You may think you are doing fine, until the day you are not. In India, they call that Karma. As you do to others, will return onto your head, either good or bad. Without a God, that is chance. With a God, that is justice. The atheist blows in the wind, hoping luck turns his way. Not to say "Christians" or Muslims are any better in the overall sense, since they are following the false prophets, whereas all are going down the wide path to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).

2ndpillar

I am not being hostile. You wrote "Apparently most of them [gay people] don't go around announcing their preference. I guess it is all hints and winks." And I responded "How many people do you know that go around discussing their sexual preference?" That is a direct question. You can read into it what you want, but it was not intended to be hostile.
What universe do you live in? Ever heard of gay pride. Didn't Biden just make Easter gay appreciation day?

Hi

I don’t know why but I find this quistion of why woul youI look into Islam as a Christian a bit short minded, no offense.
From my opinion it’s to understand what other people believe and why they believe the things they believe. And also to expand your knowledge to strengthen your own beliefs.
I am a Muslim and I am not afraid to expand my research outside of Islam. Always interesting to know en hear perspectives of others. But I understand why people like to stay in their bubble and I don’t have any issues as with that. Like Allah told us in the Quran. There is no compulsion in religion.

InvestigateTruth

Hi

I don’t know why but I find this quistion of why woul youI look into Islam as a Christian a bit short minded, no offense.
From my opinion it’s to understand what other people believe and why they believe the things they believe. And also to expand your knowledge to strengthen your own beliefs.
I am a Muslim and I am not afraid to expand my research outside of Islam. Always interesting to know en hear perspectives of others. But I understand why people like to stay in their bubble and I don’t have any issues as with that. Like Allah told us in the Quran. There is no compulsion in religion.

Do you think, if Quran is indeed from God, then Christians should accept Islam?

Is it acceptable to Allah, as per verses of the Quran, if a Christian rejects Quran?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The "religious" "definition of sin" is transgressing the law.
You already said that and I already told you how it is wrong. If you'd care to address my rebuttal, we can proceed. If you prefer to ignore it and repeat yourself, well, you're in a rut and can make no forward progress.

Do you think, if Quran is indeed from God, then Christians should accept Islam?

Is it acceptable to Allah, as per verses of the Quran, if a Christian rejects Quran?
Well first thing I believe that everyone has to come to their own conclusion of what is the truth. Is accountable their own choices.

But to your first question, obviously I believe Islam is the truth and since I believe that’s the truth, I want people to accept Islam so they are in good shape in the afterlife.

To your second question, no since rejecting the Quran means you reject god words. My position would be the same if we lived in the time of Jesus. If you reject the revelation that was giving to Jesus then that would also be not acceptable.