• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should a Christian even look into Islam as a Possible true Faith?

2ndpillar

Jesus clearly said, No one comes to the Father except through Me. As Bible also says, clearly Jesus is Son of God. He died for the sins of others. As long as one believes in Jesus, he or she will be in heaven.
Beside this, there is no where in the Bible that says, after Jesus, God will reveal another Book called Quran through a Prophet called Muhammad from Arabia.
Jesus taught Love. After Him, no need for a false prophet to come and teach war.

So, three things for the Muslims to respond:

1. Do you even consider that your religion can be false? When did Jesus say, Muhammad comes. He warned there will be many false prophets.

2. Why should even a Christian believe for one Moment Islam can even possibly be true religion, when clearly Jesus said He is the only way to the Father. He clearly said, that He is the only Son of God?

3. Do you even care to have an answer to these questions, or you are just so sure that your religion is true, and you go to heaven. Do you consider that, your beliefs could just be based on Geographical location or family, and that from childhood you were brainwashed to believe Islam is true? Maybe you were brainwashed, how do you know?

I want to see how Muslims respond to these questions?
The Jews, Christians, and Muslims all have had their false prophets. Christianity is based on the false prophet Paul, with his comrade, Peter, who was the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, and Islam is built around a supposed city of orchards, the desolate Mecca, which did not even exist at the time of some guy call Muhammad, which is not a name, but a title, which means the "praised one". The only prophet named in the nonexistent Koran of the early 7th century, was Issa son of Mariam, who was Yeshua (Issa), who was also named by writings on the inside wall of the dome of the rock. The religion of Islam began during the time of Abd al-Malik, who ruled Jerusalem and built the dome of the rock around the 690s, around 60 years after the supposed murder of this supposed guy Muhammad. The Islam narrative was written much later, mostly by Persians. Abdal had Roman style coins made with his image and the image of a cross. From the writings still existing at the dome of the rock site, he apparently was an anti-Trinity Christian Arab, who like the Roman emperor Constantine, made his own religion, to further unify the Arabs, to further crush the Persians and the Byzantines. The Muslims live today in Edom (land of Essau/Edom), and with respect to prophecy, the Arabs are the sons of Essau/Edom, for which they ignore, because of the terminal prophecies against Edom written by the prophet Habakkuk. According to the Muslim narrative, they have no full genealogy linking Ishmael with "Muhammad". It is all a fake narrative, much like narratives of the Nazi Goebbels, and the present "woke" Marxist Progressives of today. All the kingdoms of Daniel 2 are destined to fall, including the kingdom of iron and clay, in which the clay is representative of the Muslims, along with the iron, representative of Rome and it's Roman church, and her daughters.

jimb

Premium Member
I'm an agnostic and follow no formal religion. That said, I prefer Christianity over Islam for cultural reasons I needn't get into here.

But I do think that Islam is superior theologically to Christianity in how it better preserves monotheism and the unity of the Godhead. Islam avoids all that exceedingly arcane and rather incomprehensible Christology and Trininitarian stuff.
Incomprehensible to whom? Some of us understand it clearly.

jimb

Premium Member
Apparently you hold avery arrogant singular egocentric view against all other religions that do not believe s you do,

I have 2ndpillar on "ignore". I cannot tolerate his arrogant postings. Where is he spiritually???

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have 2ndpillar on "ignore". I cannot tolerate his arrogant postings. Where is he spiritually???
OK decision, but he is up front in the absoluteness of his belief and his intolerance of those who believe differently s frankly honest. There are many though more subtle and variable in the projection of their beliefs who also advocate a singular uncompromising 'truth.'

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm an agnostic and follow no formal religion. That said, I prefer Christianity over Islam for cultural reasons I needn't get into here.

But I do think that Islam is superior theologically to Christianity in how it better preserves monotheism and the unity of the Godhead. Islam avoids all that exceedingly arcane and rather incomprehensible Christology and Trininitarian stuff.
Odd way to express your preference and than slam Christianity, The distinction between ancient tribal religions is ambiguous On the other hand all ancient religions do represnt attributes of the spiritual evolution of humanity, but only relevant to the time were Revealed, but not today Yes, today many if not most would prefer Christianity based on a superficial apparent role in society today, but the Manifest Destiny based on ancient cultural beliefs remains a dominant factor today, as well as the prevalent rejection of science based on the scripture as is. despite many efforts to project a peace, tolerant and enlightened image. The clear and direct meaning of scripture always comes back to rule the faithful.

The incomprehensible Christology and Trinitarian beliefs are by far the dominate Roman beliefs based on scripture as well as the tribal violence against those that believe differently are the dominant integral part of the history.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Pegging people appears to be your modus operandi.
Look at a person's religion, or pseudo religion, such as Marxist Progressive, and what they say or write, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to peg who they are and what they represent. If you pour your brain matter onto a forum page, don't expect to keep your thoughts and who you are, anonymous. What you think and how you present yourself, is kind of who you are. You are anonymous in name only, but not in character. You are only anonymous to the forum, not to God as to who you are and where you live.

2ndpillar

Its not easy being a teenager. I don't question the data. I don't think being gay feels much different though from being straight. I do remember that gays were a byword in my high school, and people threatened to call each other 'Gay'. I'm sure this didn't make things easy for gays but it was mostly used against celibate christian men. Relevant is that whenever you behave like a Christian man you are technically emphasizing feminine rather than masculine traits, and I think this does confuse some people. There is, in the teenage years, a competition among men to be more macho. Christianity kind of hurts the Christian man in this area. In the 80's and 90's young people in my area were faced with the additional problems caused by TV evangelists and widespread bad reputation of Christian leaders and also the tepid failures of the creationist argument. Many young people were made to be Christians by their parents and didn't actually know much about it. Generally speaking it was a confusing situation for gay people to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if more of them were committing suicide as teenagers though I do not know if things are the same today or what precisely causes a disparity in suicide rates. I guess I'm glad when suicide rates are lower for all concerned.
Well, being a teen in the 60s in a small rural town, there were no "gays" to my knowledge. Just a few years ago, less than 3% of the young identified with LBGQ, and now it is around 25%. I personally think it as with frogs who grow two heads, it is a matter of hormones dumped into the water supply, and hormones and pesticides thrown into the food supply, and possibly social media.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Look at a person's religion, or pseudo religion, such as Marxist Progressive, and what they say or write, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to peg who they are and what they represent. If you pour your brain matter onto a forum page, don't expect to keep your thoughts and who you are, anonymous. What you think and how you present yourself, is kind of who you are. You are anonymous in name only, but not in character. You are only anonymous to the forum, not to God as to who you are and where you live.
No, rocket science involved in part since you reject science. Your extreme arrogant egocentric world biew puts everyone on pegs that do not believe as you do,

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, being a teen in the 60s in a small rural town, there were no "gays" to my knowledge. Just a few years ago, less than 3% of the young identified with LBGQ, and now it is around 25%. I personally think it as with frogs who grow two heads, it is a matter of hormones dumped into the water supply, and hormones and pesticides thrown into the food supply, and possibly social media.
I used to think gay people were unusual, but now I think they just were afraid for a long time to say anything. 25% though? Really? I would have thought it was lower like between 5% and 15%. Apparently most of them don't go around announcing their preference. I guess it is all hints and winks.

2ndpillar

I used to think gay people were unusual, but now I think they just were afraid for a long time to say anything. 25% though? Really? I would have thought it was lower like between 5% and 15%. Apparently most of them don't go around announcing their preference. I guess it is all hints and winks.
I think it is all gender dysphoria and hormone digestion by way of hormonal injected meat products, based on both social media and diet. Before they all took the blue pill, as with eating soybean products, the source of compounds similar to female hormones, the rate was supposedly around 3% or less, indicated by the statistics on the older people. The following Gallop Poll does statistics with respect to total population. The younger the people the crazier they have gotten. Probably because of their environment, both physical and mental. They probably need to quit eating junk food, and drinking contaminated water (Fluorides, herbicides, hormones, plastics, etc.) It seems to go up every year.

Chemically, isoflavones are compounds of the flavonoid family with a 3-phenylchromone skeleton that are abundant in soybeans, particularly in its hypocotyl [ 11 ]. Isoflavones show structural similarity to the female hormone estrogen as well as similar biological activities, and consequently they are called phytoestrogens [ 12 ].

1711577284600.png

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think it is all gender dysphoria and hormone digestion by way of hormonal injected meat products, based on both social media and diet. Before they all took the blue pill, as with eating soybean products, the source of compounds similar to female hormones, the rate was supposedly around 3% or less, indicated by the statistics on the older people. The following Gallop Poll does statistics with respect to total population. The younger the people the crazier they have gotten. Probably because of their environment, both physical and mental. They probably need to quit eating junk food, and drinking contaminated water (Fluorides, herbicides, hormones, plastics, etc.) It seems to go up every year.

Chemically, isoflavones are compounds of the flavonoid family with a 3-phenylchromone skeleton that are abundant in soybeans, particularly in its hypocotyl [ 11 ]. Isoflavones show structural similarity to the female hormone estrogen as well as similar biological activities, and consequently they are called phytoestrogens [ 12 ].

View attachment 89921
Conspiracies abound with with the misuse of science. Homosexuality and other LGBT identities have been arounds since known recorded history.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, exactly. That is why Jesus also said before Abraham I am. It clearly shows He existed before in Heaven.
The Jesus of Paul and the Jesus of John pre-existed in heaven and created the material universe ─ that is, those versions of Jesus make him the gnostic demiurge ('craftsman'). We are not told in either case about the parentage of those Jesuses, except the claim that those Jesuses were descended from David.

The Jesus of Mark did not so pre-exist. He was an ordinary Jewish male until his baptism by JtB, at which point the heavens opened and God adopted him as [his] son, just as [he] had earlier adopted David as [his] son (Psalm 2:7). This view of Jesus is also asserted in Acts 13:33. Not only was he not descended from David, but he pointed out that a messiah doesn't need to be.

The Jesuses of Matthew and of Luke did not pre-exist either. They are the only two versions that are said to be the result of a divine insemination of a virgin. Their purported descent from David is a bungled job, since the two genealogies are incompatible, and, absurdly, are for Joseph, who most expressly is NOT Jesus' father.

Exactly. So, why should a Christian consider Quran to be true, if it says, Jesus was not crucified?
I haven't read the Qur'an. I tried once, but it's not a narrative, rather a collection of pieces arranged according to some or other principle that, in my case, discourages enquiry.

But the bible is full of factual errors, and claims of miracles, and so on. Why should any impartial reader think it had any special authority or accuracy?

Well, that is a good point. Before Jesus God had sent Moses, and whoever followed Torah, was admited to Heaven. But after the Son of God died for the sins of all, it was expected to believe in Jesus. From that time forward, Jesus is the only way to the Father.
Why on earth would any faithful Jewish person want to place Jesus ─ well, the Jesuses of Paul and of John, not the synoptic three ─ between the individual and God, when up to then they'd been addressing God directly in prayer, and still do?

And on what basis would they recognize Jesus as a Jewish messiah, when he was neither a civil, military, or religious leader of the Jewish people nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood ─ which quite specifically is what "messiah" actually means?

2ndpillar

Conspiracies abound with with the misuse of science. Homosexuality and other LGBT identities have been arounds since known recorded history.
Murder, incest, robberies, rape, paganism, and apparently gender dysphoria have been known since the start of recorded history. What is you point? The study was from the Center for Disease Control, a part of the left-wing administration, which is often full of misinformation, but his one seems to match with other studies. 1 in 4 high school students identifies as LGBTQ

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I cannot speak to your comment about meat products. I don't know much about it, but I don't avoid Nitric acid. I don't think every preservative is necessarily going to mess up my digestion. Its the first time I've heard anyone claim it might have sexual attraction effects, but I will file it away in case I encounter info about it. Thanks.

I see your provided picture says 5%. That sounds more like it. 25% seems high compared to my experiences. Usually everywhere I've work, school or church there one or several people are gay ( I don't mean transgender which I think is relatively rare ).

I'd say the apostle Paul is hardest on same sex attraction. You don't like Paul though and believe he's a false prophet if I recall, so your objection comes from some other source. I suppose you have various authorities or knowledgeable commenters. I consider Paul to be a questionable but useful link, since I just cannot study Talmud or convert. I'm very good at checking Pauline arguments and deciding if they are good or bad, so I think I'm Ok. I can peel the pomegranate.

It perhaps a false correlation, though I do avoid a lot of soy products for general male health reasons. I personally avoid soy products such as Ranch dressing, though I do use soy sauce. I make my own Ranch and mayo. This is the first time I've heard anyone say a soy product would definitely change sexual attraction vectors. I'm not sure that holds water, as there have been lots of gay people long before we started eating soy based mayonnaise and dressings. There are some famous gay people in US history, French history who have no access to soy products..just about every History that admits gays exist. Japan has a lot of soy, but it seems like it has plenty of heterosexual attraction. I'd question putting much trust in the correlation without a proper multi variable random sampled study where the data tells us which variables matter most and by how much. This kind of study is called multivariate regression. The numbers tell the story, but its got to be random samples. Also there are considerations like getting people to answer honestly. Survey takers can dislike their own answers so much that they make changes that don't reflect their real experiences. Definitely males must stop eating all this soy mayo and soy salad dressing. I agree 100% about that and don't buy them myself.

I generally avoid various other things like too much yellow #5, although sometimes for the sake of a Mt. Olive I'll bend that rule. I don't eat much free MSG either and take these things seriously. I do use caffeine and alcohol sometimes though which isn't very healthy. Soy though...yeah I limit my access to anything that can imitate a hormone. My main concern is cancer though. I don't need prostate cancer.

2ndpillar

I cannot speak to your comment about meat products. I don't know much about it, but I don't avoid Nitric acid. I don't think every preservative is necessarily going to mess up my digestion. Its the first time I've heard anyone claim it might have sexual attraction effects, but I will file it away in case I encounter info about it. Thanks.

I see your provided picture says 5%. That sounds more like it. 25% seems high compared to my experiences. Usually everywhere I've work, school or church there one or several people are gay ( I don't mean transgender which I think is relatively rare ).

I'd say the apostle Paul is hardest on same sex attraction. You don't like Paul though and believe he's a false prophet if I recall, so your objection comes from some other source. I suppose you have various authorities or knowledgeable commenters. I consider Paul to be a questionable but useful link, since I just cannot study Talmud or convert. I'm very good at checking Pauline arguments and deciding if they are good or bad, so I think I'm Ok. I can peel the pomegranate.
The 25% was within the low age contingent, not as compared to the whole population, and it was taken from a poll, not the CDC, which was the source of the 25% figure. Context matters. As for Paul, his associates seemed to be young men, such as with Timothy, and older married women. As for hormones in meat products: Risk Assessment of Growth Hormones and Antimicrobial Residues in Meat

• Early onset of puberty
  • Increasing incidence of twin births
  • Reproductive problems
  • Cancers such as breast and uterine cancer
  • Developmental problems in children Healthfully
As for frogs, they have a multiple of problems from what is in the water, which also includes Fluoride, which kills the good bacteria in the mouths of humans, which disrupts the flora in the human stomach, which means the nitrates are not processed properly, which leads to other health problems in humans and animals.
The Europeans have banned hormones in meat. Endocrine Disruptors in Water and Their Effects on the Reproductive System
Then again, herbicides turn male frogs into female frogs. Endocrine Disruptors in Water and Their Effects on the Reproductive System
Atrazine, one of the world’s most widely used pesticides, wreaks havoc with the sex lives of adult male frogs, emasculating three-quarters of them and turning one in 10 into females, according to a new study by University of California, Berkeley, biologists.

You are what you consume, whether through the mouth or through your senses.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
which also includes Fluoride, which kills the good bacteria in the mouths of humans,
I appreciate this info. I have been making my own distilled water and adding salts, but in the past week I have slacked off. I didn't know that fluoride could do that. I've been drinking tap water, and I have noticed a slight difference in how my teeth have felt. I'm somewhat eccentric about trying to extend my lifespan, particularly for someone who smoked for a couple of years. You'd think I'd just give up.

2ndpillar

I appreciate this info. I have been making my own distilled water and adding salts, but in the past week I have slacked off. I didn't know that fluoride could do that. I've been drinking tap water, and I have noticed a slight difference in how my teeth have felt. I'm somewhat eccentric about trying to extend my lifespan, particularly for someone who smoked for a couple of years. You'd think I'd just give up.
I have a 3 phase filtration unit under my sink. It takes out the chlorine, the fluoride, the herbicides, the plastics, etc. Easy to install and I think I paid $120. They also have a pour spout model, but it has a small volume. It is not about lifespan; it is about quality of life. The stomach flora is very important for overall health. My neighbor, a nice guy, is always sick. Too much beer (carbohydrates/sugar), and too many medicines, such as antibiotics and heart medicine, in which the antibiotics kills his good stomach bacteria, and the heart medicine really doesn't apparently work. He knows the problems, but he still goes down the wrong path.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I have a 3 phase filtration unit under my sink. It takes out the chlorine, the fluoride, the herbicides, the plastics, etc. Easy to install and I think I paid $120. They also have a pour spout model, but it has a small volume. It is not about lifespan; it is about quality of life. The stomach flora is very important for overall health. My neighbor, a nice guy, is always sick. Too much beer (carbohydrates/sugar), and too many medicines, such as antibiotics and heart medicine, in which the antibiotics kills his good stomach bacteria, and the heart medicine really doesn't apparently work. He knows the problems, but he still goes down the wrong path.
That sounds like a convenient setup. I had thought that polypropylene membranes would be the best filter membranes, because I had read somewhere the polypropylene was not found in human blood. I'm not sure now and don't have the study handy. I believe it is from the Environment International journal. If true than I think its best to find out which water filter membranes are polypropylene. I realize of course that I can't avoid microplastics altogether. I try because they are found in blood plaques.

I am wondering if that three stage system can filter out microplastics?

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
The Jesus of Paul and the Jesus of John pre-existed in heaven and created the material universe ─ that is, those versions of Jesus make him the gnostic demiurge ('craftsman'). We are not told in either case about the parentage of those Jesuses, except the claim that those Jesuses were descended from David.
Are you sure?

Matthew 13:15
"For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears,and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,hear with their ears,understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."

He claims prophecy of Isaiah 6:9-10
That is why he was accused of blasphemy several times.
He did not deny any of the accusations

In Mark 2, Jesus heals the paralytic man and forgives his sins. The scribes who were there called this blasphemy because only God has authority to forgive sin (see Isaiah 43:25). This was a claim to be God. Luke records this claim also in Luke 5:20.

Mark 12:35-37
"While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “Why do the teachers of the law say that the Messiah is the son of David?David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

'The Lord said to my Lord:
Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.

David himself calls him ‘Lord.’ How then can he be his son?
The large crowd listened to him with delight."

The Jesus of Mark did not so pre-exist. He was an ordinary Jewish male until his baptism by JtB, at which point the heavens opened and God adopted him as [his] son, just as [he] had earlier adopted David as [his] son (Psalm 2:7). This view of Jesus is also asserted in Acts 13:33. Not only was he not descended from David, but he pointed out that a messiah doesn't need to be.
False , read Mark 12:35-37,Mark 14:53:-63

This agenda is already disproven by Christian Theists.

The Jesuses of Matthew and of Luke did not pre-exist either.They are the only two versions that are said to be the result of a divine insemination of a virgin. Their purported descent from David is a bungled job, since the two genealogies are incompatible, and, absurdly, are for Joseph, who most expressly is NOT Jesus' father.
Matthew follows the line of David's son Solomon, while Luke follows the line of Nathan, another Son of David. The end result is two distinct genealogies.

Joseph accepted Jesus(Gospel of Matthew 1:18-2:23)

One explanation, held by the church historian Eusebius, is that Matthew is tracing the primary, or biological, lineage while Luke is taking into account an occurrence of 'levirate marriage.' If a man died without having any sons, it was tradition for the man's brother to marry the widow and have a son who would carry on the deceased man’s name. According to Eusebius’s theory, Melchi (Luke 3:24) and Matthan (Matthew 1:15) were married at different times to the same woman (tradition names her Estha). This would make Heli (Luke 3:23) and Jacob (Matthew 1:15) half-brothers. Heli then died without a son, and so his (half-)brother Jacob married Heli’s widow, who gave birth to Joseph. This would make Joseph the 'son of Heli' legally and the 'son of Jacob' biologically. Thus, Matthew and Luke are both recording the same genealogy (Joseph's), but Luke follows the legal lineage while Matthew follows the biological.

Most conservative Bible scholars today take a different view, that Luke is recording Mary's genealogy and Matthew is recording Joseph's. Matthew is following the line of Joseph (Jesus' legal father), through David's son Solomon, while Luke is following the line of Mary (Jesus' blood relative), through David’s son Nathan. Since there was no specific Koine Greek word for 'son-in-law' Joseph was called the 'son of Heli' by marriage to Mary, Heli’s daughter. Through either Mary’s or Joseph’s line, Jesus is a descendant of David and therefore eligible to be the Messiah. Tracing a genealogy through the mother's side is unusual, but so was the virgin birth. Luke's explanation is that Jesus was the son of Joseph, 'so it was thought' (Luke 3:23).

I haven't read the Qur'an. I tried once, but it's not a narrative, rather a collection of pieces arranged according to some or other principle that, in my case, discourages enquiry.
Caliph Uthman compilied 'the Quran'.

Caliph Uthman took all the manuscripts , made one Quran - and burned all the other evidence.

But the bible is full of factual errors, and claims of miracles, and so on. Why should any impartial reader think it had any special authority or accuracy?
Please bring your evidence.

Why on earth would any faithful Jewish person want to place Jesus ─ well, the Jesuses of Paul and of John, not the synoptic three ─ between the individual and God, when up to then they'd been addressing God directly in prayer, and still do?
Again the same.
I have already explained that this is not correct.

And on what basis would they recognize Jesus as a Jewish messiah, when he was neither a civil, military, or religious leader of the Jewish people nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood ─ which quite specifically is what "messiah" actually means?
'I am' - Simple as that.

Clearly you don't understand the importance of the Tetragrammaton in Jewish culture,he was crucified for that claim.

You know why?

Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:
hath he said, and shall he not do it?
or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

Here the emphasys is on the 'lie' , not on man.

Why then 'Son of Man' in the second sentence?

Also

Malachi 3:1
"I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me.Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,' says the Lord Almighty."

He clearly speaks hear about John the Baptist as a messenger.

Mark 1
The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah,the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:

'I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way'
a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him'."

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins."

Apart from Isaiah,we see fullfilment in the Book of Malachi.

Why this nonsense claims?

Last edited: