• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should a Christian even look into Islam as a Possible true Faith?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
According to Muslim tradition, the "seal of the prophets" refers to this Muhammad guy being the last prophet. I am not sure, but I was thinking that you are a follower of Baha, who was a prophet who followed this Muhammad. As for the connection between Isaiah 29 and the "seal of the prophets", I don't see it. I mean, I can go outside and say I see an elephant in the sky, but it is really just a funny looking cloud.
As for the Hira cave, the Muslim narrative states that this Muhammad guy spent a lot of time in the cave. I don't see anyone spending any time in that crack in a rock fall. Whereas the original Becca (gathering place) of Petra was surrounded by many caves, for Petra is a city of manmade caves. As for this Gabriel fellow, the only Gabriel of the era was a monk located in a monastery somewhat near Petra, who according to traditions, told a young man that he would be a prophet. You forgot to mention what century that "hadith" was written down, and by whom. I kind of discount 8th century writings produced by Persians.
The concept of the "seal of the prophets" cannot have the meaning of Mohammad being the last prophet, because the Quran has prophecy for the return of the Messiah (Christ?).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The concept of the "seal of the prophets" cannot have the meaning of Mohammad being the last prophet, because the Quran has prophecy for the return of the Messiah (Christ?).
Isa (a) comes back but does not bring scripture. So his role is not that of a Nabi.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
People should look into all religions.
True, but the believers in ancient tribal religions make their judgement based on the belief they are the only true religion.
I looked into Bahai Faith and found it to be the most dishonest approach to God and religion because of how they twist language out of place with respect to the Quran and hadiths.

If a Christian looks into Islam, he will not find that.
Likewise Judaism considers Christianity and Islam the most dishonest approach to God, and Christianity considers Islam the most dishonest approach to God. Nothing new here.

What is lacking here is an objective independent assessment of different religions and what they believe.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Likewise Judaism considers Christianity and Islam th emost dishonest approach to God, and Christianity considers Islam the most dishonest approach to God.

What is lacking here is an objective independent assessment of different religions and what they believe.
I haven't heard this from a Christian or a Jew about Islam.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I haven't heard this from a Christian or a Jew about Islam.
It is a reality that Judaism and Christianity reject further revelations from God as does Islam. Your deluded. I will post more.

You have neglected the fact that Judaism is at war with Islam.

Muslims are among the most disliked religion in America along with atheists.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a reality that Judaism and Christianity reject further revelations from God as does Islam.
That's a given. Yet I don't think Christians see Islam as a dishonest approach. They don't believe it for different reasons.
Muslims are among the most disliked religion in America along with atheists

America is home of Gog and Magog, Satan's home ground, so that's expected.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That's a given. Yet I don't think Christians see Islam as a dishonest approach. They don't believe it for different reasons.

America is home of Gog and Magog, Satan's home ground, so that's expected.
Your deluded likewise in Europe Islam is also disliked, but atheists fair better.

There are numerous religions in the world that claim to have the “truth” about the existence of God, or gods, the meaning of human life, the problemof evil, and the ultimate destiny of human beings. All of these are incontrast to the Christian faith which not only claims to have the truth butgives evidence to support its claims.

Since this is the case, why should anyone take the time to time to study one particular non-Christian religion, Islam? Why should a believer in Jesus Christ want to know anything about Islam and its followers, the Muslims?

There are a number of reasons why it is important to know some things about Islam. They include the following.

1. Islam Is the Second Largest Religion in the World​

Although it is the newest of the world religions, Islam is behind only Christianity in number of adherents. Indeed, over one billion people on the planet, one fifth of the world’s population, claim to be Muslims. This fact alone should cause the Christian to be, at least, somewhat familiar with who Muslims are and what they believe. Islam is not going away and it is good if we know some things about what the faith is all about.

2. Islam Is Actively Seeking Converts​

The Islamic faith is also active in promotion. While many religions are content with doing their work behind the scenes, Islam is actively seeking converts.

Consequently, Christians will encounter Muslims who are passionately spreading their faith. We cannot escape contacting them as we tell people about Jesus.

3. Radical Islam Is Linked with World Terrorism​

Whether it is fair or not, radical Islam has been linked with world terrorism. The people that commit these murderous acts claim to have a religious sanction. It is important that we have some understanding of why they would do such things. Obviously, there has to be intense commitment and motivation for someone to murder others for the sake of their own religious convictions. Something in the teachings of this faith is leading certain people to commit these atrocious acts of violence. It is helpful that we can gain some understanding of what drives people to do such horrendous things.

4. We Are to Know Our Enemy​

The Bible commands us to know our enemies. Scripture says we are fighting a spiritual battle in the spiritual realm with spiritual weapons. The Apostle Paul wrote the following to the Ephesians about this battle we fight.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Europe is part of the offshoot of America's policies. They are home ground for the Taghut and Jibt as well.

Judaism and Christianity do not remotely accept the Revelation of Islam. Regardless of your rational of self justification Christianity and Judaism DO NOT consider Islam an honest Revelation from God. Islam is totally in conflict with the claims of Islam

This does not detract the fact that Islam is disliked by Christians, and you are still neglecting the fact that Judaism and Islam are at war.

Again . . .

www.blueletterbible.org

Why Is It Important for Christians to Know about Islam? by Don Stewart

Don Stewart :: Why Is It Important for Christians to Know about Islam?
www.blueletterbible.org

There are numerous religions in the world that claim to have the “truth” about the existence of God, or gods, the meaning of human life, the problemof evil, and the ultimate destiny of human beings. All of these are incontrast to the Christian faith which not only claims to have the truth butgives evidence to support its claims.

Since this is the case, why should anyone take the time to time to study one particular non-Christian religion, Islam? Why should a believer in Jesus Christ want to know anything about Islam and its followers, the Muslims?

There are a number of reasons why it is important to know some things about Islam. They include the following.

1. Islam Is the Second Largest Religion in the World​

Although it is the newest of the world religions, Islam is behind only Christianity in number of adherents. Indeed, over one billion people on the planet, one fifth of the world’s population, claim to be Muslims. This fact alone should cause the Christian to be, at least, somewhat familiar with who Muslims are and what they believe. Islam is not going away and it is good if we know some things about what the faith is all about.

2. Islam Is Actively Seeking Converts​

The Islamic faith is also active in promotion. While many religions are content with doing their work behind the scenes, Islam is actively seeking converts.

Consequently, Christians will encounter Muslims who are passionately spreading their faith. We cannot escape contacting them as we tell people about Jesus.

3. Radical Islam Is Linked with World Terrorism​

Whether it is fair or not, radical Islam has been linked with world terrorism. The people that commit these murderous acts claim to have a religious sanction. It is important that we have some understanding of why they would do such things. Obviously, there has to be intense commitment and motivation for someone to murder others for the sake of their own religious convictions. Something in the teachings of this faith is leading certain people to commit these atrocious acts of violence. It is helpful that we can gain some understanding of what drives people to do such horrendous things.

4. We Are to Know Our Enemy​

The Bible commands us to know our enemies. Scripture says we are fighting a spiritual battle in the spiritual realm with spiritual weapons. The Apostle Paul wrote the following to the Ephesians about this battle we fight.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Regardless of your rational of self justification Christianity and Judaism DO NOT consider Islam an honest Revelation from God.
This is using similar words. Look at my original words. Quran doesn't play language games and no Christians says it does. This is different to my accusation of Bahai Faith. Quran does not quote mine the Gospels and give interpretation to it. Nor the Bible. It has a style that it has allusions, but none of it is said to be a dishonest approach to language and twisting language out of place by Christians.

2ndpillar

The Muslim narrative states the return of the Muslim messiah, the Mahdi, the Mahdi was to be helped by Issa (Jesus). If you are looking for consistency in the Quran, you will have to choose one of the many of the Qurans, and strike the others, and strike the narratives which are dissimilar. To solve all your problems, simply become a Muslim, then deny Mohammad, then get your head chopped off, according to the judgment of the Muslim narrative, and end your misery.

2ndpillar

This is using similar words. Look at my original words. Quran doesn't play language games and no Christians says it does. This is different to my accusation of Bahai Faith. Quran does not quote mine the Gospels and give interpretation to it. Nor the Bible. It has a style that it has allusions, but none of it is said to be a dishonest approach to language and twisting language out of place by Christians.
Did you make a point, or did you just twist language to the extent that no one could follow what you have just said? Speaking for all "Christians" seems an overreach, even though all "Christians", may be deceived, and the Baha's only seem to be centuries behind them, as well as behind the preceding Muslim sects.

InvestigateTruth

This is using similar words. Look at my original words. Quran doesn't play language games and no Christians says it does.

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful." Quran 7:157

Then show where in the Torah and Gospel they find Muhammad, without language games.

This is different to my accusation of Bahai Faith. Quran does not quote mine the Gospels and give interpretation to it. Nor the Bible. It has a style that it has allusions, but none of it is said to be a dishonest approach to language and twisting language out of place by Christians.

Dude, it is your perception that Bahais are twisting language.
You dont want to accept that, the Day of Resurrection, according to shia Imams, is, Rise of the Qaim and Meeting with Lord, is meeting with Qaim. You conveniently also, ignore when Quran says the earth shall shine with Light of God. Instead you say, these things happen in Heaven.
You conveniently ignore many Hadithes, only because they support the Bahai view. You also, twist the Hadithes that clearly says, the Qaim comes with a new Book, a new Law, yet you cannot show anywhere in the Quran that says, Quran is the Last Book. You also ignore when Quran says, Day of Judgement comes in 1000 years.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Muslim narrative states the return of the Muslim messiah, the Mahdi, the Mahdi was to be helped by Issa (Jesus). If you are looking for consistency in the Quran, you will have to choose one of the many of the Qurans, and strike the others, and strike the narratives which are dissimilar. To solve all your problems, simply become a Muslim, then deny Mohammad, then get your head chopped off, according to the judgment of the Muslim narrative, and end your misery.
The problem remains the many version of Christianity,like all religions in history, with different interpretations of what the "Messianic return would be including Judaism. I history Christianity has mde man heads role and others crispy critters over differences in religion,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I did not say the Quran plays language games, but you sure do, It issimply and straight forward Judaism and Christianity reject Islam and do not consider it an 'honest' Revelation from God, any more than Judaism accepts the claims of Christianity, Islam and the Baha'i Faith.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Simple, based on what you confirmed according to the Quran, "the seal of the Prophets." does not mean Mohamed is the last Prophet.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Simple, based on what you confirmed according to the Quran, "the seal of the Prophets." does not mean Mohamed is the last Prophet.
Which Quran, and which school of Muslim thought? There are like 100 different versions of the Quran, and more than one school of Muslim narratives. The Baha sect will say there will be more than one prophet after Muhammad, and have already designated one. The Shia are looking for the Mahdi, and have already built a boulevard for his parade. The differing Sunni versions point to Christ, "Jesus", as the Mahdi, with an accompanying anti-Christ, and some kind of pass it off, and kind of just put it on the back burner. If there was a unified believe system, then the Muslims wouldn't have to historically destroy each other. Much like the Catholics and the Protestants, such as in the 30 year war in Europe.

2ndpillar

The problem remains the many version of Christianity,like all religions in history, with different interpretations of what the "Messianic return would be including Judaism. I history Christianity has mde man heads role and others crispy critters over differences in religion,
Whether Christian or Muslim, they all follow "false prophets" down the broad road to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15). The rolling of heads refers to the "righteous" who held to the "Word of God", and had their heads severed (Rev 20:4) before the millennium. As for "crispy critters", that would be according to Mt 3, those who did not provide "good fruit", good works, in line with their supposed repentance. Or with respect to the "end of the age", being thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30), which would be the "great tribulation" (Mt 24), which comes "immediately before the coming of the son of man", and the millennium.

Yazata

I'm an agnostic and follow no formal religion. That said, I prefer Christianity over Islam for cultural reasons I needn't get into here.

But I do think that Islam is superior theologically to Christianity in how it better preserves monotheism and the unity of the Godhead. Islam avoids all that exceedingly arcane and rather incomprehensible Christology and Trininitarian stuff.