• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should a Christian even look into Islam as a Possible true Faith?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Whether Christian or Muslim, they all follow "false prophets" down the broad road to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15). The rolling of heads refers to the "righteous" who held to the "Word of God", and had their heads severed (Rev 20:4) before the millennium. As for "crispy critters", that would be according to Mt 3, those who did not provide "good fruit", good works, in line with their supposed repentance. Or with respect to the "end of the age", being thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30), which would be the "great tribulation" (Mt 24), which comes "immediately before the coming of the son of man", and the millennium.
Apparently you hold avery arrogant singular egocentric view against all other religions that do not believe s you do,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm an agnostic and follow no formal religion. That said, I prefer Christianity over Islam for cultural reasons I needn't get into here.

But I do think that Islam is superior theologically to Christianity in how it better preserves monotheism and the unity of the Godhead. Islam avoids all that exceedingly arcane and rather incomprehensible Christology and Trininitarian stuff.
I have equal problems with all ancient religions as described in their ancient tribal texts. I accept there beliefs in the context of the times they were written as aa fallible human view of God and religion. I am a philosophical Universalists, and believe in God and the hopeful spritiual evolution of humanity, but I am sceptical of all subjective beliefs including my own,

As per the title of the thread I believe we should accept ourselves as fallible humans and serious question ALL religions as a possible "one true belief," particularly ancient tribal religions.

2ndpillar

Apparently you hold avery arrogant singular egocentric view against all other religions that do not believe s you do,
You think my view is "arrogant", look what the LORD said with respect to those with mark of the beast having to drink from "His anger" (Rev 16:11). Keep in mind, that the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, the developer of the Roman church, along with his "two horns like a lamb", Peter and Paul, has "deceived" "those who dwell on the earth" (Rev 13:14). Maybe you should "repent", turn from your sins and produce fruit in accordance with your repentance (Mt 3), lest you be thrown into the fire (Mt 3:10).

2ndpillar

I'm an agnostic and follow no formal religion. That said, I prefer Christianity over Islam for cultural reasons I needn't get into here.

But I do think that Islam is superior theologically to Christianity in how it better preserves monotheism and the unity of the Godhead. Islam avoids all that exceedingly arcane and rather incomprehensible Christology and Trininitarian stuff.
Early followers of the message of the son of man, Yeshua, such as the Arians, fought the Trinity dogma, but the Roman legions under the rulers following Constantine, seem to appear the winners, at least for the moment. According to Daniel 7:25-26, that will continue until time, times and half a time, at which time, the "other king", Constantine, and his "dominion", the Roman church and her daughters, will be "destroyed forever". Your "Christology" is merely the teachings of the false prophet Paul and his comrade Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zech 11:17, who along with other false prophets, have led the "many" down the path to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).

2ndpillar

I have equal problems with all ancient religions as described in their ancient tribal texts. I accept there beliefs in the context of the times they were written as aa fallible human view of God and religion. I am a philosophical Universalists, and believe in God and the hopeful spritiual evolution of humanity, but I am sceptical of all subjective beliefs including my own,

As per the title of the thread I believe we should accept ourselves as fallible humans and serious question ALL religions as a possible "one true belief," particularly ancient tribal religions.
Seems like you would fit well into the Unity church, or the Baha faith. Believe nothing and everything. Now that should be a windy path. I think the end results will be the same (Mt 7:12).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems like you would fit well into the Unity church, or the Baha faith. Believe nothing and everything. Now that should be a windy path. I think the end results will be the same (Mt 7:12).
Between those two Unity is much easier, because you don't have to acknowledge other people's prophets. There is a position called Prayer Chaplain which may require greater knowledge of various religious prayers though. Bahai's actually must believe that Muhammad is a prophet of God, which essentially makes them Muslims of a sort. Sounds complicated to me.

Where Unity seems superior to mainstream Christianity is that its members acknowledge not being correct about everything. That's an important aspect of confessing sin. Most mainstreams are focused upon being correct which they never can be it seems. I go almost anywhere, and there are very strict demands about what to believe, and these rules exclude people. Take altar calls for example. Where is the humility? No church I've encountered had any way of showing that it was actually correct, and most failed to acknowledge in a meaningful way that they could be wrong. This lack of confession of sin makes Unity a very decent option. I'd say Jesus would prefer that to everyone having correct doctrines. Consider the parable of the talents. The person who buries their talent is afraid of losing it. That's the mainstreams in a nutshell. Whereas these Unity people are taking risks and investing themselves.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The above does not reflect what I believe. Non theless you would condemn whatever I believe unless I believe as you do,

2ndpillar

The above does not reflect what I believe. Non theless you would condemn whatever I believe unless I believe as you do,
For you to believe as I, you would have to accept the message of Yeshua, which is probably a step too far for you. You seem to be too far down the rabbit hole of the false prophet Paul, and his comrade Peter, the two shepherds/staffs who were chosen to "pasture the flock (Gentile Church) doomed for slaughter" (Zech 11:7). We are now at the "end of the age" (Mt 13:30), and apparently, you will be among the "tares" who are to be "gathered" "first" and thrown into the fire. Good luck with that scenario. Tik Tok, the mouse ran up the clock, and your time is about up.

2ndpillar

Between those two Unity is much easier, because you don't have to acknowledge other people's prophets. There is a position called Prayer Chaplain which may require greater knowledge of various religious prayers though. Bahai's actually must believe that Muhammad is a prophet of God, which essentially makes them Muslims of a sort. Sounds complicated to me.

Where Unity seems superior to mainstream Christianity is that its members acknowledge not being correct about everything. That's an important aspect of confessing sin. Most mainstreams are focused upon being correct which they never can be it seems. I go almost anywhere, and there are very strict demands about what to believe, and these rules exclude people. Take altar calls for example. Where is the humility? No church I've encountered had any way of showing that it was actually correct, and most failed to acknowledge in a meaningful way that they could be wrong. This lack of confession of sin makes Unity a very decent option. I'd say Jesus would prefer that to everyone having correct doctrines. Consider the parable of the talents. The person who buries their talent is afraid of losing it. That's the mainstreams in a nutshell. Whereas these Unity people are taking risks and investing themselves.
Bahas believe that the mysteriously appearing Muhammad has already come and gone, and they already have their new prophet. And everyone fits into their new religion, including Jews, Christians, etc. Unitarians discard the Trinity, but supposedly in theory hold to the teachings of Yeshua. Reality seems to differ with their basic premise. Yeshua is more of a throw them into the furnace of fire kind of guy (Mt 13:30-42). You might be better served with the Quakers. Simply refuse to go to war and your gold. From my experience, they are kind of edgy, and more into the humanitarian type of religion, much on the same plane as Marxist, as they are their own god, except without any supposed leadership. The end product for them is Nixon.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Unitarians discard the Trinity,
That is different from Unity which is a different group and which probably does not take a position on that. They are like a very happy clappy church. They have sermons and singing, instruments and its all kind of hard to describe but bears semblance to how charismatics have church.
Bahas believe that the mysteriously appearing Muhammad has already come and gone, and they already have their new prophet. And everyone fits into their new religion, including Jews, Christians, etc. Unitarians discard the Trinity, but supposedly in theory hold to the teachings of Yeshua. Reality seems to differ with their basic premise. Yeshua is more of a throw them into the furnace of fire kind of guy (Mt 13:30-42). You might be better served with the Quakers. Simply refuse to go to war and your gold. From my experience, they are kind of edgy, and more into the humanitarian type of religion, much on the same plane as Marxist, as they are their own god, except without any supposed leadership. The end product for them is Nixon.
There is no requirement to swear off war or to say that you are a conscientious objector, at least not as far as I'm aware of or in my experience. I'm not sure about that, but I never did.

For Quakers the center of the worship is to hold meetings about charitable activities. Keeping notes during those meetings is quite important. They meet, take notes, do charitable activities. Therefore they have a record of who attended, who volunteered to do what. They also will have other kinds of meetings such as silent group meditation, sermons, hymns...depends; but having a formal meeting is the true center of worship. Outsiders tend to presume their meetings are extraneous to other activities (prayer, hymns etc), but meetings are the main worship. Some Quaker groups have pastors and function similarly to a church. Some do not. They'll sometimes protest things. For example the group I visited actually protested against the Roman Catholic church sometimes, which most modern protestants don't do. They don't have to have anything resembling church though. It can all be meetings; but they do other things. One cannot live by meetings alone.

2ndpillar

That is different from Unity which is a different group and which probably does not take a position on that. They are like a very happy clappy church. They have sermons and singing, instruments and its all kind of hard to describe but bears semblance to how charismatics have church.
The Unity Church, headquartered in Kansas City, MO, was derived from the teachings of the Fillmore family in the late 19th Century, and initially came out of the Transcendentalism movement, and was initially tied to the bible, and the fact that Mrs. Filmore thought she was healed spiritually from tuberculosis. She was influenced by the Christian Science movement, and the religion was big into prayer. They claim to be a non-sectarian educational institution, but their ministers are required to have been trained by them. It might be a good match for you. They have no solid beliefs, other than you are your own individual God, and as with the humanist, think all is right with the world, and everyone is good, and they are their own keeper. That reality doesn't match their beliefs should not be a problem with you.

2ndpillar

There is no requirement to swear off war or to say that you are a conscientious objector, at least not as far as I'm aware of or in my experience. I'm not sure about that, but I never did.

For Quakers the center of the worship is to hold meetings about charitable activities. Keeping notes during those meetings is quite important. They meet, take notes, do charitable activities. Therefore they have a record of who attended, who volunteered to do what. They also will have other kinds of meetings such as silent group meditation, sermons, hymns...depends; but having a formal meeting is the true center of worship. Outsiders tend to presume their meetings are extraneous to other activities (prayer, hymns etc), but meetings are the main worship. Some Quaker groups have pastors and function similarly to a church. Some do not. They'll sometimes protest things. For example the group I visited actually protested against the Roman Catholic church sometimes, which most modern protestants don't do. They don't have to have anything resembling church though. It can all be meetings; but they do other things. One cannot live by meetings alone.
I went with my neighbor to a Quaker meeting, and it seemed a lot about nothing. They talked about issues about the blind, and that was about it. I did meet a young medical student who was a Quaker, at that meeting, who later apparently committed suicide by driving into a bridge abutment. Apparently, she didn't receive proper direction in her life, which led to her premature death. I am thinking the problems arose from her lesbian relationship with her female partner. Lost souls, often end up killing themselves, which often occurs with gays and trans. But then again, you should know more about that than myself, as my encounters are brief and not that often, although there seems to be many in my neighborhood, my only contact is that they damage or steal my MAGA flags.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I went with my neighbor to a Quaker meeting, and it seemed a lot about nothing. They talked about issues about the blind, and that was about it. I did meet a young medical student who was a Quaker, at that meeting, who later apparently committed suicide by driving into a bridge abutment. Apparently, she didn't receive proper direction in her life, which led to her premature death. I am thinking the problems arose from her lesbian relationship with her female partner. Lost souls, often end up killing themselves, which often occurs with gays and trans. But then again, you should know more about that than myself, as my encounters are brief and not that often, although there seems to be many in my neighborhood, my only contact is that they damage or steal my MAGA flags.
Anecdotal stories from an extremely biased perspective make for a bad argument for anything. There are a great deal of assumptions you ar emaking about people you do not know,

2ndpillar

Anecdotal stories from an extremely biased perspective make for a bad argument for anything. There are a great deal of assumptions you ar emaking about people you do not know,
You seem to be making assumptions that I did not know the person in question. I met her at the Quaker meeting but went on to meet her thereafter because she was smart enough to get into a medical university, and very beautiful. But go on and make your presumptions. They don't set you up in a good light. I had a first person perspective, whereas your so-called perspective would be one based solely on bias against me. Nixon was a known Quaker, and Carter was a Baptist, and their attributes are widely known. Now one could draw conclusions from both, but your conclusions are based on empty air.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
The Unity Church, headquartered in Kansas City, MO, was derived from the teachings of the Fillmore family in the late 19th Century, and initially came out of the Transcendentalism movement, and was initially tied to the bible, and the fact that Mrs. Filmore thought she was healed spiritually from tuberculosis. She was influenced by the Christian Science movement, and the religion was big into prayer. They claim to be a non-sectarian educational institution, but their ministers are required to have been trained by them. It might be a good match for you. They have no solid beliefs, other than you are your own individual God, and as with the humanist, think all is right with the world, and everyone is good, and they are their own keeper. That reality doesn't match their beliefs should not be a problem with you.
There is no good match for me, so wherever I go I just have to bite a stick while I'm being cut. You've got the correct Unity though. Its a lot like those influenced by Smith Wigglesworth and the Azuza Street revival and modern TV healers. The Filmore influence is very similar but without the chains.
In my experience the gays I meet are about as stable as everyone else, however in my time in the 1980's they are not very accepted where I live. Transexuals are unheard of except on TV. I went to high school with a quaker though who came to our weekly prayer meeting that was sponsored by a teacher right in our public school. There was also a Mormon in our school. Also there was a girl who said she was a witch. I did not at all get that.

2ndpillar

In my experience the gays I meet are about as stable as everyone else, however in my time in the 1980's they are not very accepted where I live. Transexuals are unheard of except on TV. I went to high school with a quaker though who came to our weekly prayer meeting that was sponsored by a teacher right in our public school. There was also a Mormon in our school. Also there was a girl who said she was a witch. I did not at all get that.
Strange, my high school also had only one Mormon family, and while the Mormons I have met are seem very nice, I think like the JWs, they have too many skeletons in their closets. Yesterday two JWs came by my house. I questioned their beliefs, and they quickly ran away trying to hold onto their souls. With respect to the instability of gays and trans, I was referring to the high suicide rates, about twice that of other teens. Suicide among LGBT youth - Wikipedia Plus, my Quaker neighbor, while a peaceful neighbor, to other neighbors, was not someone I would consider well structured, or of a peaceful state of mind toward her ex-husband. There are a lot of witches which do not claim to be witches. More of a state of mind. Something like your local Karens. They may not sacrifice a hoot of frog to their local Satan, but they have their own demons.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Strange, my high school also had only one Mormon family, and while the Mormons I have met are seem very nice, I think like the JWs, they have too many skeletons in their closets. Yesterday two JWs came by my house. I questioned their beliefs, and they quickly ran away trying to hold onto their souls. With respect to the instability of gays and trans, I was referring to the high suicide rates, about twice that of other teens. Suicide among LGBT youth - Wikipedia Plus, my Quaker neighbor, while a peaceful neighbor, to other neighbors, was not someone I would consider well structured, or of a peaceful state of mind toward her ex-husband. There are a lot of witches which do not claim to be witches. More of a state of mind. Something like your local Karens. They may not sacrifice a hoot of frog to their local Satan, but they have their own demons.
Its not easy being a teenager. I don't question the data. I don't think being gay feels much different though from being straight. I do remember that gays were a byword in my high school, and people threatened to call each other 'Gay'. I'm sure this didn't make things easy for gays but it was mostly used against celibate christian men. Relevant is that whenever you behave like a Christian man you are technically emphasizing feminine rather than masculine traits, and I think this does confuse some people. There is, in the teenage years, a competition among men to be more macho. Christianity kind of hurts the Christian man in this area. In the 80's and 90's young people in my area were faced with the additional problems caused by TV evangelists and widespread bad reputation of Christian leaders and also the tepid failures of the creationist argument. Many young people were made to be Christians by their parents and didn't actually know much about it. Generally speaking it was a confusing situation for gay people to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if more of them were committing suicide as teenagers though I do not know if things are the same today or what precisely causes a disparity in suicide rates. I guess I'm glad when suicide rates are lower for all concerned.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You seem to be making assumptions that I did not know the person in question. I met her at the Quaker meeting but went on to meet her thereafter because she was smart enough to get into a medical university, and very beautiful. But go on and make your presumptions. They don't set you up in a good light. I had a first person perspective, whereas your so-called perspective would be one based solely on bias against me. Nixon was a known Quaker, and Carter was a Baptist, and their attributes are widely known. Now one could draw conclusions from both, but your conclusions are based on empty air.
Easy assumption, because I doubt you can read minds and know the person in detail as you claim.

Elihoenai

Jesus clearly said, No one comes to the Father except through Me. As Bible also says, clearly Jesus is Son of God. He died for the sins of others. As long as one believes in Jesus, he or she will be in heaven.
Beside this, there is no where in the Bible that says, after Jesus, God will reveal another Book called Quran through a Prophet called Muhammad from Arabia.
Jesus taught Love. After Him, no need for a false prophet to come and teach war.

So, three things for the Muslims to respond:

1. Do you even consider that your religion can be false? When did Jesus say, Muhammad comes. He warned there will be many false prophets.

2. Why should even a Christian believe for one Moment Islam can even possibly be true religion, when clearly Jesus said He is the only way to the Father. He clearly said, that He is the only Son of God?

3. Do you even care to have an answer to these questions, or you are just so sure that your religion is true, and you go to heaven. Do you consider that, your beliefs could just be based on Geographical location or family, and that from childhood you were brainwashed to believe Islam is true? Maybe you were brainwashed, how do you know?

I want to see how Muslims respond to these questions?
Genesis 26:15

15 For all the wells which his father's servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.

Good questions. Christianity, Islam and Judaism are False Left-Hand Path Religions that Scorns Heaven. Christianity, Islam and Judaism Keeps you on Downing Street Cherishing the Flesh.

625px-Oblater_Alterbr%C3%B8d_3.jpg

Patene-byzantine.jpg