• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Quran rejects crucifixion of Christ by the Jews?

sooda

Veteran Member
7 Differences Between Galilee and Judea in the Time of Jesus
7 Differences Between Galilee and Judea in the Time of Jesusgalilee...
    1. Racially the area of the former Northern Kingdom of Israel had had, ever since the Assyrian …
    2. Geographically Galilee was separated from Judea by the non-Jewish territory of Samaria, and …
    3. Politically Galilee had been under separate administration from Judea during almost all its history …
    4. Economically Galilee offered better agricultural and fishing resources than the more mountainous …

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Remember when they decided to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem they rejected the help of the Samarians.
Don't worry, I didn't forget.

Therefore, per your articles, Galilee and Samaria are distinct regions (as I originally figured...). So I don't see the relevance of you mentioning Sargon II's moving of the Arabic tribes...

7 Differences Between Galilee and Judea in the Time of Jesus
This is interesting, but I still don't see basis for the claim that Galileans and Judeans despised each other. Does Josephus or someone mention this?

Note: Wikipedia brings a source which I consider legit, but I assume you don't, which is Rabban Yochanan Ben Zakai (the man who saved Rabbinical Judaism during the Jewish Revolt and lived not long after Jesus, perhaps even in his lifetime) who was assigned to a post in Galilee during his training. In eighteen years he was asked only two questions of Jewish law causing him to lament "O Galilee, O Galilee, in the end you shall be filled with wrongdoers!" (Galilean - Wikipedia, Jerusalem Talmud 16:7).

sooda

Veteran Member
vc
Don't worry, I didn't forget.

Therefore, per your articles, Galilee and Samaria are distinct regions (as I originally figured...). So I don't see the relevance of you mentioning Sargon II's moving of the Arabic tribes...

This is interesting, but I still don't see basis for the claim that Galileans and Judeans despised each other. Does Josephus or someone mention this?

Note: Wikipedia brings a source which I consider legit, but I assume you don't, which is Rabban Yochanan Ben Zakai (the man who saved Rabbinical Judaism during the Jewish Revolt and lived not long after Jesus, perhaps even in his lifetime) who was assigned to a post in Galilee during his training. In eighteen years he was asked only two questions of Jewish law causing him to lament "O Galilee, O Galilee, in the end you shall be filled with wrongdoers!" (Galilean - Wikipedia, Jerusalem Talmud 16:7).

The Judeans considered the Jews from the North to be bad Jews.

They were two separate kingdoms that were existing in Palestine, settled by people who called themselves Jews. Judea, was the southern Kingdom and was the proper kingdom where most Jews lived, with Jerusalem as their capital. It was Judea that gave the Roman Empire their greatest and most constant headache, in that region.

The north was the kingdom of Israel, with the capital at Samaria, which had some Jews but the populations was a more eclectic group of people which lived there, with Samaritan's being the larger portion and Jews being in the minority.

This area was closer to the major east-west trade route, so the most important aspect was the commercial exchange was that of new information that was leaning towards science.

Jesus is touted as a Jew from Galilee, from a town called Nazareth (which did not exist at Jesus’ time). So this makes Jesus not a mainstream Jew of his time, but one of the fringe jews not part of Judea proper.

This area was an ingrained fundamentalist ilk of Judaism which was controlled by the theocratic Pharisees, who rarely interacted with either their people or with Rome - usually left to their political wing, the Sadducees.

Nazareth fails to be on ancient city lists until about 70 AD, at which point Jerusalem was already falling as Judea’s capital.

Nazareth is speculated to have been founded by some original followers of Jesus, who called themselves Nazarenes, meaning “Little Fishes”, and whose lore about Jesus places his upbringing there, near the sea of Galilee. These people fled north during the fall of Jerusalem since the ruling Jewish Theocratic rulers, the Pharisees, did not have any firm control over that area, and the Nazarene brand of Christianity was allowed to flourish there.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Israel-and-Judea

sooda

Veteran Member
Haaretz.Com
www.haaretz.com/misc/article-print-page/.premium...
Mar 27, 2019 · “There is a tension between the biblical description, which makes Judah and Jerusalem the center of the Universe, and archaeology and ancient near eastern texts, which make it very clear that Israel was the big story,” Finkelstein says. “It was more prosperous and more prominent, it had a larger population and competed for hegemony over the entire Levant.”

sooda

Veteran Member
This is an odd statement. Also, apparently a house from ancient Nazareth has been discovered (Nazareth - Wikipedia).

Yes, I get that you and others hold this view. This is not a source as this person doesn't bring any.

I'll see the rest of your articles later.

Israel was more prosperous, diverse, Hellenized and had little trouble with the Romans. Look at the 10 cities of the Decapolis. Its plain as the nose on your face.

The Decapolis (Greek: Δεκάπολις Dekápolis, Ten Cities) was a group of ten cities on the eastern frontier of the Roman Empire in the southeastern Levant in the first centuries BC and AD. They formed a group because of their language, culture, location, and political status, with each functioning as an autonomous city-state dependent on Rome.

1200px-The-Decapolis-map.svg.png

sooda

Veteran Member
@ sojourner

The kingdom of Israel will not be jealous of Judah any more, and Judah will not be the enemy of Israel.

Isaiah 11:13

Why was Israel divided into the Southern Kingdom and ...
https://www.gotquestions.org/Israel-Northern-Southern-kingdoms.html
Jan 02, 2020 · Thus, the people of the northern tribes would have no contact with the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. “So Israel has been in rebellion against the house of David to this day” (1 Kings 12:19). The northern kingdom is called “Israel” (or sometimes “Ephraim”) in …

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The problem brother is that the Quran is eternally telling exactly what you said there. These are all false God's. Money is a false God. Your ego is a false God. Dont worship it.

Peace.
We are now talking about something totally different. Have no problem with this statement.

firedragon

Veteran Member
We are now talking about something totally different. Have no problem with this statement.

You are right.

Nevertheless, i wished to point out that this famous evangelical argument that the Quran has got the trinity wrong is absolutely wrong. The Quran only says "Dont say trinity". It also says "God is not one of three". But it does not say "The trinity is this, that and the other".

Thats bottomline.

Kenny

Premium Member
You are right.

Nevertheless, i wished to point out that this famous evangelical argument that the Quran has got the trinity wrong is absolutely wrong. The Quran only says "Dont say trinity". It also says "God is not one of three". But it does not say "The trinity is this, that and the other".

Thats bottomline.
Three - Trinity - Godhead.. in my book it means the same.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Three - Trinity - Godhead.. in my book it means the same.

Well, we are speaking of the Quran. Not your book, or my book.

Three, trinity, is not defined in the Quran as Mary is included like you claim. Absolutely wrong. What ever your trinity is, God is not part of a trinity, thats the Quran.

Cheers.

Kenny

Premium Member
Well, we are speaking of the Quran. Not your book, or my book.

Three, trinity, is not defined in the Quran as Mary is included like you claim. Absolutely wrong. What ever your trinity is, God is not part of a trinity, thats the Quran.

Cheers.
Shalom...

But we still believe that since man is a trinity, we have no problem that God is too since we are made in His likeness and in HIs image.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Shalom...

But we still believe that since man is a trinity, we have no problem that God is too since we are made in His likeness and in HIs image.

Thats not relevant. Your claim was about the Quran. I did not address your faith,

Shad

Veteran Member
Yeah, I see that now.

It happens with "Speaker" lectures. It is a habit of his I have notice over the years.

I wouldn't know where to even begin. I'm not an expert.

His books for starters. That is the rub with some history/sciences these days. Unless you have database access chances are books sold to the public are the best option.

Meaning that only the mothers were Jewish?

Yes.

Okay, I missed that.

I probably quoted a bit too much.

Yes, I know that. But then it was re-settled by returning Judeans.

No Judeans settled. The area already had settlements from Greek, Philistine, Edomites, etc. It wasn't unoccupied for centuries.

Which brings me back to my original question: Source?

Talmud, NT and Pharisee commentary

https://www.amazon.com/Archaeology-Galilean-Jesus-Re-examination-Evidence/dp/1563383942