• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why "one God"?

morphesium

Nothing in the book of Joshua can be used as evidence for the heliocentric theory, IMO. The means used by Jehovah to perform the miracle of extending the daylight is not stated in the account.

What was that?

I believe the horrible crimes Catholic and Protestant churches committed in times past, and commit today, has no support in the Bible. Their actions should not be confused with true Christianity.
Jesus told his disciples to love one another and even love their enemies. How different from the endless slaughters largely perpetrated by the churches down to our day. (John 13:34,35; Matthew 5:43-48)[/QUOTE]

In the end, It all about power and money and greed.

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
To all those who follow Judaism in this thread>>> doesn't it seem from the Bible and archeological evidence that the earlier Hebrews only thought Hashem was their god? They believed every nation had their gods or guardians, but Israel had Hashem?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To all those who follow Judaism in this thread>>> doesn't it seem from the Bible and archeological evidence that the earlier Hebrews only thought Hashem was their god? They believed every nation had their gods or guardians, but Israel had Hashem?

Please quote from Torah.

Regards

Levite

Higher and Higher

The early accounts of the People Israel in their land seem to be a struggle over centuries between henotheism and monotheism. In the era of the Two Kingdoms, it appears that monotheism simply never took substantial hold in the Northern Kingdom of Israel, and it had cycles of success and failure in the Southern Kingdom of Judah.

In the Northern Kingdom, it seems that people did, in fact, worship Hashem as the chief god or primary god, but worshipped at least a few other gods and goddesses along with Him. There is at least some suggestion that they were lax in the matter of graven images, also.

In the Southern Kingdom, it seems that there were times when they worshipped Hashem as the primary god, but worshipped some other gods and goddesses alongside Him; but there were also times of more monotheistic stringency, quite possibly relying on a consistent monotheistic minority that occasionally gained ascendancy. But monotheism did not fully become dominant until the Josianic Reform of the early 7th century BCE, when in addition to a monarchial and priestly turn toward monotheism in the theological tides of the era, there were a series of purges of idol worshippers and henotheistic shrines and priests.

The precise nature of early Israelite henotheism is debatable. It seems that they may have considered Hashem the supreme god, maker of all the other gods as well as everything else. Or it may have been that they considered the other gods independent, but more minor and less potent than Hashem. There does seem to have been a school of thought early on that suggests that they believed the gods of other nations were real in some way, even if inferior to Hashem. But there is also a school of thought, perhaps somewhat later and perhaps more monotheistic, that suggests that the other gods of other nations are synonymous with idols, and are considered therefore just delusions of the ignorant.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
There is only "ONE GOD".
Actually, I'm beyond believing in one God. I just believe in One/Brahman (non-dual=God and creation are not two). Your statement implies a dualism (two things; God and creation).
why did you accept it?

After exhaustive thought over years I believe the teachings of the great eastern (Hindu) masters are the highest level of understanding man has reached.

How does this make sense? What are its properties? (volume, weight, mass etc,).
Depending how you want to put it you can call the One the entire physical universe. Or you can see it as pure consciousness which has no physical properties; it is fundamental and the universe is a creative emanation of the One.

What was/is its necessity?

It has no necessities. The universe should be considered a divine play/drama of Brahman in which He separates Himself from Himself into finite forms and then returns Himself to Himself. Why? It's the creative aspect of the divine; it's like asking why man does art.
[/QUOTE]

peaceseeker3000

A Transcendologist
The Intelligent Designer proclaims
I am the Intelligent Designer;
I am what mankind has decided to call God.
I did not come from nowhere.
I play no magic tricks on man.
I did not create the earth by casting spells.
I had a humble beginning the same as man;
My beginning was at the dawn of spirituality.
My wisdom grows as more spirits unite
After the cessation of life after much physical strife.
Throughout time I have been named God,
Allah, Jehovah, The Great Spirit, and many more.
I do not judge man for his vanity or naivety
To be the one who claims to please me the most.
I am easy to please. I require very little.
I only want you to do what is best for mankind.
I will bless you and wish you well.
I will inspire your mind and you will
Accomplish the unfathomable.
I require no worship. I need nothing from man.
I am self-sufficient. I am spirit.

Develop your spirit wisely, the best that you can.
Live your life for the betterment of man.
Your spirit will soon be with me and then
Together we will see and traverse the universe.
There are many wonders to behold,
Your spirit will soar.
You will partake in all the wisdom
That has been gathered from the beginning of time.
The stars will be your playgrounds.
You can play with the animals,
Be with your loved ones,
Listen to the greatest opera,
Stage or musical performances,
Or you can just relax next to a bubbling brook
And enjoy the scenery.
You feel no pain, despair,
Heartache, or negative emotions.
You are now One with me.
You are with the Intelligent Designer
You are with God my child.

Faybull

The literal translation is "one".

I understand that, but you are saying two=one. Why is the literal, denoting two, if one? I could understand clearly if you mean "united" is being "one", as a harmonious coexistence. And even so, if two can be harmonious, why not three? Or four? Or fifty? Is there something in the word, that specifically denotes, only two can be in unison?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I understand that, but you are saying two=one. Why is the literal, denoting two, if one? I could understand clearly if you mean "united" is being "one", as a harmonious coexistence. And even so, if two can be harmonious, why not three? Or four? Or fifty? Is there something in the word, that specifically denotes, only two can be in unison?
It could possibly be used symbolically, but not literally.

morphesium

I partly agree with what you wrote. Men do have morals and it is his nature to be a good person. That is why many people don't feel right when doing evil things. They are acting against their nature and they feels that something is wrong. However that doesn't mean that all people can live by their morals. Many people do need something to guide them. Look around you, I am sure you can sense that from some people. Go back in time. Think about the times when surviving was only for the fittest.

The good thing about morale is that it is always one step ahead of us. So if you are a good man, listening to your morale makes you better and even better. What about a not so good man or a bad man – it has the same effect. If he listens to his morale, it will make him better, again better and so on. In effect, it will polish oneself. Hence, I believe morale can guide one. What greater message (individually tailored message), - can God give us.

Of course there are people with (or acts as if with) low morale. Will such people prefer to have such crimes done to them? NO. They too prefer a better world without crimes. But still crimes do happen. Who is the real/major culprit then? –

1) The person who has done the crime,​

2) the crime itself,​

3) or the circumstances?​

The answer is it is the circumstances that are the real culprits. Their circumstances on how they are brought up which effects their thinking and their action.

Imagine a situation where a terrorist blow himself up in a market place. Was this a situation a single crime event? NO. A sequence of crimes had taken place one after the other that made him to blow up eventually. If he has undergone training for this – it was sinning. Brainwashing him; – sinning and so on.

This is what Abraham Lincoln told his wife and others as they spoke harshly about some sect of people who acted with low morale, - “Don’t criticize them; they are just what we would be under similar circumstances.”

Even carnivores animals like jackal, tiger, Lion etc has to be taught/trained to do acts of cruelty, otherwise they will tend to be peaceful which doesn’t go with their very survival. In fact I have seen a video on this. A Mother leopard training their cubs with a live rabbit; it didn’t kill the rabbit, but instead forced the cubs to kill it which the kids in the video were reluctant to. We have even seen many cases where animals who keep a prey-predator relationship in the natural world keep a harmonious relationship in captivity- simply because they weren’t trained to be cruel. So, if apex predators like these needs such training to be cruel; aren’t we inborn to be more peaceful?

So, give people a better living conditions, they will perform better. There is even a saying in my native language that translates to this “Love a kid – and he will love the world”. So how can people get better living conditions – it is only possible through a peaceful world where people are taught to value and listen to their free minds. High morale, creativity in arts, scientific progress etc, soon follows. (This doesn’t mean everything what they do is right, there will be misfits here and there, but eventually they will be right – that’s how even evolution works.)

Not all men live in a society where everything they want they can have it fair and square. There are parts of the world where the strong violates the weak and where the rich robes the poor. What is it that would stop these people from doing so?

They mainly can be three things.

1- Ethics of the society. What is acceptable and what is not.

2- Policies.

3- Religion.

What would you do when the first two are not there

As was told, Morale is always one step ahead of us, each and every of us. It polishes oneself.

Individually, each and every one of us needs security, justice etc that is why society forms and works. As ones morale polishes oneself, so is social justice; it gets polished, so is society; it gets polished, so is social laws; it gets polished.

(As you have said, religion can play here (and I too agree with this) – but religion has a major drawback, about which comes later.)

I still remember reading about a law that existed in a society in which slavery was accepted and legal.

If one rich man who owns a few slaves is found guilty of some crime, the justice would have ordered something like this “either you or your slave should get 10 lashes”. Hopefully, our morale has progressed and our society has progressed from these stages.

Now, let me come to the third part –Religion.

Most religion is often credited to an exceptional Person. They take people or society from dark ages and enlighten them. Unfortunately just like ordinary people these great ones also die. So laws that were made are kept as such. Not (never) to be changed at all. Often a “God part or holiness” is amended to it over time for a much greater voice. Then existing scientific proofs are added to give it more credibility. Money, power and politics take their share on it. Rituals and practices make it imprinted on those who practice it. This is how a typical religion is formed.

The problem with religion is that it resists change – not only because it is habitualized, but also out of fear; fear of the religious heads; fear of the God itself. This is where the problem is. The society around them progresses. But what about the religious sect – it is tied back to their old ages. Even if their morale is asking for a change, they won’t out of fear, out of the feeling that their holy books can never go wrong – after all it is god sent, how can it be wrong and they reasons and opt not to change.

(For this I am taking the example of the case with halal meat. Modern science has methods to kill an animal in the most humane way of killing the brain or making the animal unconscious with a shock and then butchering it. What about the animal that has to undergo halal butchering – it has to suffer much more pain. Back in those old days, it was the best possible method; drain as much blood as possible which ensures that the animal has been killed before it is butchered. But how can one accept it is the best method available now.) Similar is the case with slavery, child marriages.

Don't get my argument wrong, I am not saying that with no religion there are no ethics, neither I am saying that religion is all about making people behave better. I am only taking this argument the way you directed it to. .

Thanks, that is the way it has to be.

Saying that every person can live by his morals is wrong because in primitive societies when survival was for the fittest that surely hadn't been the case.

Yes, the little morale they had got polished itself and got better and that is why we keep much higher morals.

I agree to your general statement that men have morals. Islam even teaches that a person is good by his nature as I said in the beginning of my response. However, Islam take that morality to a completely different level. You don't even know and probably you don't trust me, but let me tell you that becoming a practicing muslim really did change me in everything especially in the morals aspect.

Yes, I do. If it changed you for the betterment of the society, what bigger proof do I need? I respect you and your religion for that. I personally know some very fine people who are deeply religious.

Morale is not everything. There are also some life aspects that one has to know. God didn't create us without having the answers to these life questions. Like why we are here and what really happens once we die.

I agreed. Such questions are there in my mind too. But I just can’t accept any particular religion has answer for this.

You gave me an example about the virus. Believe me friend, there was a time that I had my questions about Islam.

I think you have rightfully accepted ISLAM.

Hoping for a peaceful world.

Best regards.

Sabour

Well friend Morphesium, I really do like your response, but am not in total agreement with every thing said.

The good thing about morale is that it is always one step ahead of us. So if you are a good man, listening to your morale makes you better and even better. What about a not so good man or a bad man – it has the same effect. If he listens to his morale, it will make him better, again better and so on. In effect, it will polish oneself. Hence, I believe morale can guide one. What greater message (individually tailored message), - can God give us.

Of course there are people with (or acts as if with) low morale. Will such people prefer to have such crimes done to them? NO. They too prefer a better world without crimes. But still crimes do happen. Who is the real/major culprit then? –

1) The person who has done the crime,​

2) the crime itself,​

3) or the circumstances?​

The answer is it is the circumstances that are the real culprits. Their circumstances on how they are brought up which effects their thinking and their action.

I remember one time reading a story about a guy who was stealing. Once he stole someone's phone and while checking the images, he realized that the owner of the phone rapes children. He went and confessed about stealing the phone to the police so they would have the owner of the phone arrested for raping children.

That guy really was lead by his morale and I would agree that this guy it was the circumstances that lead him to stealing and his morale didn't allow him to accept the fact that there will be a guy out there looking for children to rape. However, let us talk about the owner of the phone. Is it too that circumstances that lead him to this act? Well actually we can never know.

People with sick minds do exist. People with bad desires exist also.

When it is possible for people to fulfill their desires and they know they would get away with it, bad things happen.

I really like the version of which you have provided, but reality is something else. People are greedy. The rich wants to do everything within his power to be richer. It doesn't matter for him how, what matters for him is the result.

Let us assume that it is true that "circumstances" is the only player in that game. What we would do about it? Can you really control the circumstances of all people so that you can ensure that everyone would be good? That is am afraid can't be done.

Again I would like to remind you that I do believe that people are good in nature and that doing bad things is going against your nature, but that doesn't mean that we will always be on the right track without the help of something and without guidance because as you have said, there are circumstances, and let me add to it that there are desires also.
What would be the solution?

Well it won't be me the one coming up with that, but you can always motivate people by reward and punishment. If you do good you get good if you do bad you get bad. Try to reflect on it.

Most religion is often credited to an exceptional Person. They take people or society from dark ages and enlighten them. Unfortunately just like ordinary people these great ones also die. So laws that were made are kept as such. Not (never) to be changed at all. Often a “God part or holiness” is amended to it over time for a much greater voice. Then existing scientific proofs are added to give it more credibility. Money, power and politics take their share on it. Rituals and practices make it imprinted on those who practice it. This is how a typical religion is formed.

The problem with religion is that it resists change – not only because it is habitualized, but also out of fear; fear of the religious heads; fear of the God itself. This is where the problem is. The society around them progresses. But what about the religious sect – it is tied back to their old ages. Even if their morale is asking for a change, they won’t out of fear, out of the feeling that their holy books can never go wrong – after all it is god sent, how can it be wrong and they reasons and opt not to change.

(For this I am taking the example of the case with halal meat. Modern science has methods to kill an animal in the most humane way of killing the brain or making the animal unconscious with a shock and then butchering it. What about the animal that has to undergo halal butchering – it has to suffer much more pain. Back in those old days, it was the best possible method; drain as much blood as possible which ensures that the animal has been killed before it is butchered. But how can one accept it is the best method available now.) Similar is the case with slavery, child marriages.

Now here is where I would talk about Islam.

Of course you have always heard people saying "but my religion is different, it is true". I won't be saying that exactly but I would tell you what I believe.

1- I believe that God exists and He is One.

2- I believe that God didn't send us to this life to live by our own desires. Meaning that probably there is a right religion.

3- I believe that in order to verify that the religion is true, one should be tangibly handed something that actually proves that the religion is true.

4- I don't believe that every person would have a different path because I believe there is one reality and it is we who have to adjust their lives to the way God tells us to do. So I don't believe that each one would be better suited in a different religion.

5- I believe the right religion should be right for all the times meaning it doesn't hold people back.

6- I believe that the right religion should answer all the questions one has.

If any of these weren't proven to me in a certain religion, I would end up being a person who believes in the existence of God without embracing a certain religion, but here I am a mulsim.

Do I fear God? Yes I do fear God, so I should always be righteous and avoid doing evil things. So is the fear of God bad?

Here is another thing, Allah first created the pen and ordered the pen to write. The pen said what shall I write. And Allah ordered the pen to write everything that is going to happen. One of the first things that was written is that Allah's mercy would prevail his anger (or wrath).This is why we say Allah is the Most Merciful.

And I have been always against generalizing something, so I know that there are many religions as what you described, but that doesn't mean that they are all the same. Even if that was proven to be 99.99% true.

I agreed. Such questions are there in my mind too. But I just can’t accept any particular religion has answer for this.

Don't just accept it, study it. A true religion should prove it self.

Best regards.

crazyrussian

No stranger to this topic
This is what Jesus had to say about the "One God".

2. And one of them said, Master, it is written of old, The Alohim made man in Their own image, male and female created They them. How sayest thou then that God is one? And Jesus said unto them, Verily, I said unto you, In God there is neither male nor female and yet both are one, and God is the Two in One. He is She and She is He. The Alohim—our God—is perfect, Infinite, and One. 3. As in the man, the Father is manifest, and the Mother hidden; so in the woman, the Mother is manifest, and the Father hidden. Therefore shall the name of the Father and the Mother be equally hallowed, for They are the great Powers of God, and the one is not without the other, in the One God. 4. Adore ye God, above you, beneath you, on the right hand, on the left hand before you, behind you, within you, around you. Verily, there is but One God, Who is All in All, and in Whom all things do consist, the Fount of all Life and all Substance, without beginning and without end.5. The things which are seen and pass away are The manifestations of the unseen which are eternal, that from the visible things of Nature ye may reach to the invisible things of the Godhead; and by that which is natural, attain to that which is spiritual.6. Verily, the Alohim created man in the divine image male and female, and all nature is in the Image of God, therefore is God both male and female, not divided, but the Two in One, Undivided and Eternal, by Whom and in Whom are all things, visible and invisible. 7. From the Eternal they flow, to the Eternal they return. The spirit to Spirit, soul to Soul, mind to Mind, sense to Sense, life to Life, form to Form, dust to Dust. 8. In the beginning God willed and there came forth the beloved Son, the divine Love, and the beloved Daughter, the holy Wisdom, equally proceeding from the One Eternal Fount; and of these are the generations of the Spirits of God, the Sons and Daughters of the Eternal.

peaceseeker3000

A Transcendologist

Best regards.

peaceseeker3000

A Transcendologist
Morphesium, you have beautifully, intelligently paraphrased religions.
Messengers
The picture shows the entire history and the evolution of the universe and peoples varying perceptions of Allah/God; the beginning of physical rational life in the universe, the bonding of the first two souls that was the beginning of a spiritual unity; the development of mankind and man’s first perception of God from the story of Adam & Eve; Abraham & Moses, their quest into spirituality, their interaction with God and the beginning of Judaism; God’s interaction with Jesus & his life and death; the beginning of Christianity & the senseless killings in the Crusades; God’s interaction with Muhammad, the beginning of the Islam faith & the Arab struggles. The Transcendologist’s spirit also witnessed the senseless Twin Towers tragedy of 9-11-01.

morphesium

Sorry, for being late.

People with sick minds do exist. People with bad desires exist also.

When it is possible for people to fulfill their desires and they know they would get away with it, bad things happen.

I do agree with this. People with sick minds and bad desires are there. They can be controlled only with Law. Additionally, do you think such people are irreligious?

I really like the version of which you have provided, but reality is something else. People are greedy. The rich wants to do everything within his power to be richer. It doesn't matter for him how, what matters for him is the result.

Let us assume that it is true that "circumstances" is the only player in that game. What we would do about it? Can you really control the circumstances of all people so that you can ensure that everyone would be good? That is am afraid can't be done.

I never said “circumstances” as the only player, but it is the major player.

At this point, let me tell you a story from my past. When I was a kid at the age of 11, I was put to a boarding house. There, on all Sundays after the lunch, they served a typical sweet dessert. I tell you it was my favorite (favorite among most of us) –and I really enjoyed it. We were around 80 or so boys of varying ages in the boarding house. In one occasion, most of the senior boys went to attend some function or so. The cooks, who weren’t informed about this and being a Sunday, made their usual quantity of this desert, which eventually landed up on our plates. I thought it was my lucky day as a few of them more were served on my plate. I had some of them enjoying it and I had to my fill. However, disliking to waste food, I thought I would finish the rest of the desert and so I continued with my eating. Very soon, I wasn’t enjoying it anymore and I was fed up of this. But I still continued with my eating; I had a sensation to vomit but finally, I finished it.

That Sunday was over and the next one came. So came the desert after the lunch. But I still hated it – even its smell turned out to be unbearable. I never had that desert again, even after coming out of the school.

Some 15 years later, after the incident, I came to learn about subconscious mind and about autosuggestion. Those lessons thought me that it was my subconscious that actually controlled much of my desires, fears, likes and dislikes. It also told me how to change these.

So as a practice lesson, I took this particular dislike for that dessert which was still going strong. I auto suggested to myself that the dessert was good and I love it for 30 days as the course recommended. (21 days minimum). After some days (maybe two or three months after), in an occasion this particular dessert was served. To tell you the truth, I loved it as if I never hated it. Even the smell of it was gorgeous.

With autosuggestion, even ones greediness can be eliminated, sickness of the mind can be cured, good habits can be implanted and bad habits uprooted. So with proper education, we can be trained to have (as Buddha said) Right Vision, Right thought, Right Speech and Right Action.

Again, we cannot have 100 percent success rate because despite all these training, not all people will follow such path. A fraction of this would be trouble some. The one or two that turns out to be bad has to be controlled with Law.

Again I would like to remind you that I do believe that people are good in nature and that doing bad things is going against your nature, but that doesn't mean that we will always be on the right track without the help of something and without guidance because as you have said, there are circumstances, and let me add to it that there are desires also.

What would be the solution?

I know where you are heading to :–) God.

If fear of God could prevent a crime from happening, I do agree with you.

But what I personally believe is this, after coming to know about innumerable crimes by the so called religious people throughout history and present, the concept of God or fear of God, rather than preventing crime, it actually fueled it.

What if a religious person who happens to eat a particular fruit/ meat happened to meet a person of a different religion who restricts himself from such activity because his religion considers that fruit/meat as holy/unethical? What if they keep very low moral standards? What if they keep high moral standards? What if religion itself wasn’t there to associate this particular fruit/meat with? If so there was no reason for them to fight even.

What I believe is this– if a man is good and is a believer of God, he believes that his fear of God is preventing him from doing bad things – but actually it is his sense or rightness or morale that prevents a crime from happening and he simply gives the credit to the “fear of God.”

Well it won't be me the one coming up with that, but you can always motivate people by reward and punishment. If you do good you get good if you do bad you get bad. Try to reflect on it.

I do agree with you on this.

Now here is where I would talk about Islam.

Of course you have always heard people saying "but my religion is different, it is true". I won't be saying that exactly but I would tell you what I believe.

Earlier, I talked about subconscious mind and autosuggestion. Remember our subconscious mind can be altered with external stimuli. If one is constantly told or preached in a systematic way, he even can be tuned to perform acts that normally sane people won’t do. Think about suicidal bombers. Even if religion says one should not perform such acts and it is against such acts, the bomber would be happy to explode claiming that he is performing a sanctifying act.

Similarly it is this subconscious mind play that makes people adheres to a particular religion. They just won’t listen to or see the incorrectness in their religion. One has to be courageous enough to break out of these chains that are deep rooted into their subconscious mind. I believe, doing so would only get one closer to listing to the true Gods voice that has been implanted in us by God himself, our own creator.

continued on my next post
thank you.

Last edited:

morphesium

continuation:-

1- I believe that God exists and He is One.

Actually this thread was titled “why one God?” The reasons why I titled it so was this. I believe god is beyond our realm of imagination. I don’t know anything about the physical characteristics/properties of God; its mass, density, volume etc. I know nothing. Now, that we know nothing about the physical properties, what about the mathematical counterpart;. To say that there is “One God” one has to be sure that there is a mathematical property in God which enable us to count God. For example, we can count apples and elephants but can we count space, water etc? NO. To describe alternating currents, we need the help of complex numbers or trigonometric functions. I am not saying that we can say some God or more God nor I am saying God has a complex conjugate as with complex numbers. It is just we don’t know what the mathematical property of God is, just like the physical property. So I believe it is much more honest to say God than “one God”.

To describe the strangeness of the world, I am reciting an experiment in quantum electrodynamics where a single electron was proved to travel along two (or multiple) independent paths at the same time. So, if it is the case with a simple electron, what about our supreme God? What logic is there when one say we can count God to say it as one.

2- I believe that God didn't send us to this life to live by our own desires. Meaning that probably there is a right religion.

If one trains oneself to achieve Right Vision, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action etc, one can purify oneself and keep away from unnecessary desires. I believe that one should attain the power to control ones subconscious mind and not the subconscious control you. And if one listens to his moral, I believe he is living as per God’s instructions.

3- I believe that in order to verify that the religion is true, one should be tangibly handed something that actually proves that the religion is true.

If one can do that without betraying oneself, I would appreciate it. But remember, every religious person in every other religions believe the same, otherwise they themselves would have quitted it.

4- I don't believe that every person would have a different path because I believe there is one reality and it is we who have to adjust their lives to the way God tells us to do. So I don't believe that each one would be better suited in a different religion.

As I was reading about Richard Feynman in Wikipedia, a great scientist, I came to know that he had some degree of synesthesia for equations. Because of this equations appeared colored for him even though it was all printed in black. For example; if one person with some form of synesthesia happened to read this paragraph, he might be looking at something like this –

As I was reading about Richard Feynman in Wikipedia, a great scientist, I came to know that he had some degree of synesthesia for equations. Because of this equations appeared colored for him even though it was all printed in black. For example; if one person with some form of synesthesia happened to read this paragraph, he might be looking at something like this

In some other form of synesthesia, a whole hidden code sequence would be colored differently and will stand out from the rest of the characters.

Why would god create such people with such unique gifts if all were intended to live alike? People ought to live differently as per their freewill, as per their morale. I agreed that there is only one reality, but it is much diverse. Just listen to our morale and live accordingly. This is the only way to fulfill Gods wishes.

5- I believe the right religion should be right for all the times meaning it doesn't hold people back.

Where on earth did religion left people free without holding back? Look at Christianity, look at Hinduism, look at Islam (sorry to say this). Whenever religion was/is at high, It hampered the growth of creativity in arts and science. It hampered morality and freewill. People suffered a lot under the arms of religions.

6- I believe that the right religion should answer all the questions one has.

Answers? – A 10 month old standing up and speaking;- is this an answer?

A virgin getting pregnant; – is that an answer? Actually, every religion puts more questions than it can answer. Do you believe in evolution? Dinosaurs, Genitics, etc.

If any of these weren't proven to me in a certain religion, I would end up being a person who believes in the existence of God without embracing a certain religion, but here I am a Muslim.

Modern medicine has produced drugs using our knowledge in genetics that no religion can support. They take human that particular portion of human DNA sequence which codes to the production of human insulin and they incorporate it into Bacteria or yeast. Then these microorganisms produce Human insulin which is then processed, purified and injected into humans suffering from Diabetics. This alone is saving millions of lives annually. If you or someone dear to you has taken such medicines, remember your/his/her life was saved by disproving your religion. You have the moral obligation to be more with science than you’re your religion. If genetics is true, so is evolution. Genetics and evolution theory doesn’t support origins of humans that start from Adam and Eve.

Do I fear God? Yes I do fear God, so I should always be righteous and avoid doing evil things. So is the fear of God bad?

That is because you are a good person. Myself; I don’t fear God, and I know that I should always be righteous and avoid doing evil things. I just can’t accept doing anything that is against my morale.

What about those ISIS people. They too fear God. Is that stopping them from doing crimes?

Here is another thing, Allah first created the pen and ordered the pen to write. The pen said what shall I write. And Allah ordered the pen to write everything that is going to happen. One of the first things that was written is that Allah's mercy would prevail his anger (or wrath).This is why we say Allah is the Most Merciful.

Why did you believe this? How does this make sense? These didn’t came from the inside of you. These came through an external source. From preaching that laid the foundation and practice that made it hardwired into your brain. Release yourself from those chains – the true god will be pleased in doing so. But this definitely needs courage, true courage. I hope you have it.

Do you remember those childhood days when your morale asked questions against these religious concepts? I believe those questions are not yours but in fact are messages from God that you ignored. If you believe betraying oneself is against Gods wishes, ask again.

And I have been always against generalizing something, …

I appreciate that. Be truthful to yourself, Be courageous to yourself.

so I know that there are many religions as what you described, but that doesn't mean that they are all the same. Even if that was proven to be 99.99% true.

Don't just accept it, study it. A true religion should prove itself.

I agree with this. But for me, listening to my morale and acting accordingly is how I live according to my religion. I am just learning, just started learning. I hope it is the only thing that can prove itself.

Before I conclude, imagine you are in the front of God, on that great judgment day, and God asks you “ Why did you listen to those external books and lived according to those books when I myself has implanted the messages in you for you to follow? Why did you ignore my message? “

Best regards.

Thankyou for the like

Attachments

• finale  mryter god devil - .png
    finale mryter god devil - .png
    281.9 KB · Views: 22

morphesium

Morphesium, you have beautifully, intelligently paraphrased religions.
Messengers
The picture shows the entire history and the evolution of the universe and peoples varying perceptions of Allah/God; the beginning of physical rational life in the universe, the bonding of the first two souls that was the beginning of a spiritual unity; the development of mankind and man’s first perception of God from the story of Adam & Eve; Abraham & Moses, their quest into spirituality, their interaction with God and the beginning of Judaism; God’s interaction with Jesus & his life and death; the beginning of Christianity & the senseless killings in the Crusades; God’s interaction with Muhammad, the beginning of the Islam faith & the Arab struggles. The Transcendologist’s spirit also witnessed the senseless Twin Towers tragedy of 9-11-01.
Thanks for the compliment. Actually , that is what i think of all religions.
and thank you for the picture and the like.
I am uploading this picture, please have a look.
finale  mryter god devil - .png

Thanking you
best regards.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
There is only "ONE GOD".

why did you accept it? How does this make sense? What are its properties? (volume, weight, mass etc,). What was/is its necessity?

Please post your comments.
Thanking you
Multiple and one.

My body consist of billions of cells. I wouldn't exist unless those cells existed in my body. I'm one body, but two arms, two legs, etc, and billions of these cells. One and many. That's all together One.

morphesium

Multiple and one.

My body consist of billions of cells. I wouldn't exist unless those cells existed in my body. I'm one body, but two arms, two legs, etc, and billions of these cells. One and many. That's all together One.

Thank you for the reply.

The reason why I titled the thread "why one God " is this. I believe god is beyond our realm of imagination. I don’t know anything about the physical characteristics/properties of God; its mass, density, volume etc. I know nothing. Now, that we know nothing about the physical properties, what about the mathematical counterpart;. To say that there is “One God” one has to be sure that there is a mathematical property in God which enable us to count God. For example, we can count apples and elephants but can we count space, water etc? NO. To describe alternating currents, we need the help of complex numbers or trigonometric functions. I am not saying that we can say some God or more God nor I am saying God has a complex conjugate as with complex numbers. It is just we don’t know what the mathematical property of God is, just like the physical property. So I believe it is much more honest to say God than “one God”.

Best regards