• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not attack Russia?

Should the Allis have gone all the way to Moscow?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

ajay0

View attachment 23407
That's such a s*** crock that America was allied with the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, the polish people were fighting a war on two fronts! Russia had an Alliance with Germany!

America and the Allis should have held the Soviet Union accountable for their alliance with Hitler, and invasion of Poland. America had the Atomic Bomb and Russia didn't. I don't think Russia would have stood much of a chance.

We let Russia oppress and conquer Eastern Europe. They were just as ugly as the Nazis.

So, would it have accomplished the greater good, if the Allis just went all the way to Moscow and dealt with the Soviets the same way they dealt with the Nazis?

After all that devastating losses in battles with the Japanese and Germans, and the superb counterattack by the motivated Soviets , I don't think the western allies had the resolve to wipe out the U.S.S.R as well, with their weary forces lacking in morale, men and material.

And they would also have been more intimidated by the prospect of facing the Russian Winter, which had wiped out Napoleon;'s Grand Army in the early nineteenth century and the Nazi forces as well then.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
After all that devastating losses in battles with the Japanese and Germans, and the superb counterattack by the motivated Soviets , I don't think the western allies had the resolve to wipe out the U.S.S.R as well, with their weary forces lacking in morale, men and material.

And they would also have been more intimidated by the prospect of facing the Russian Winter, which had wiped out Napoleon;'s Grand Army in the early nineteenth century and the Nazi forces as well then.

I don't think morale, men, nor material was the deciding factor. The decision not to pursue came from the White House alone.

Jumi

Are you talking about Finland?

What false pretences?
They faked artillery shelling Mainila, just like the Nazis did claiming that weaker Poland had attacked them in Gleiwitz.

The Shelling of Mainila (Finnish: Mainilan laukaukset) was a military incident on November 26, 1939, where the Soviet Union's Red Army shelled the Russian village of Mainila (located near Beloostrov), declared that the fire originated from Finland across the nearby border and claimed to have had losses in personnel. Through that false flag operation, the Soviet Union gained a great propaganda boost and a casus belli for launching the Winter War four days later.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 23407
That's such a s*** crock that America was allied with the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, the polish people were fighting a war on two fronts! Russia had an Alliance with Germany!

America and the Allis should have held the Soviet Union accountable for their alliance with Hitler, and invasion of Poland. America had the Atomic Bomb and Russia didn't. I don't think Russia would have stood much of a chance.

We let Russia oppress and conquer Eastern Europe. They were just as ugly as the Nazis.

So, would it have accomplished the greater good, if the Allis just went all the way to Moscow and dealt with the Soviets the same way they dealt with the Nazis?

Maybe America could have joined in war efforts before December '41?

That mighta made a difference too.

Or we can accept what did happen and learn from it. That seems a better path.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If America, France, Spain, and Britain wanted to stop communism from dominating east Germany, Poland, Ukraine, and beyond, the commies would have gotten owned!

Based on what? Ive always had an interest in military history and WW2 post-ww2 straategic planning in particular. So...convince me. Heck, make any argument from fact at all.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I did not mean invade China but we should not have settled for just stopping at the 38th parallel; we should have obliterated the NK army when we had a chance.
OK. That's different. Still problematic, but less so than what I understood you to mean previously.