• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not attack Russia?

Should the Allis have gone all the way to Moscow?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
nn.jpg

That's such a s*** crock that America was allied with the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, the polish people were fighting a war on two fronts! Russia had an Alliance with Germany!

America and the Allis should have held the Soviet Union accountable for their alliance with Hitler, and invasion of Poland. America had the Atomic Bomb and Russia didn't. I don't think Russia would have stood much of a chance.

We let Russia oppress and conquer Eastern Europe. They were just as ugly as the Nazis.

So, would it have accomplished the greater good, if the Allis just went all the way to Moscow and dealt with the Soviets the same way they dealt with the Nazis?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And all the way to China in 1953, as well. These are the lessons we need to learn from history.

Jumi

That's some really ****ing hardcore historical revisionist bull****.

The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was a pact of non-aggression. Not an alliance.
It also meant they could attack the ones they wanted to without consequence from the other. That's why Stalin attacked my country on false pretenses just like Nazis attacked Poland.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Red Army had a pretty good record of beating imperialist invaders.

That's some really ****ing hardcore historical revisionist bull****.

The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was a pact of non-aggression. Not an alliance.

The Red Army were consistently anti-fascist back when western powers which were all about freedom and democracy were sucking up to Hitler and the Nazis.

Western powers literally gave Hitler permission to invade Czechoslovakia (and the Soviets offered military aid to Czechoslovakia).
So... America should have blown millions of people up because...? FreedomTM? God?

You've really gone off the rails politically lately.

"Should the Allis have gone all the way to Moscow?"

The allies were already in Moscow. The Soviet Union was part of the Allies. So was china. :rolleyes:

I was speaking of Allis in the context of those who were not like Hitler. Stalin's regime had death camps galore and murderered far more people than the Nazis. It was just as ugly if not more.

Bottom line is, Russia attacked Poland as well. The free world should have taken necessary measures against Russia for commiting the same crime as Germany!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So... America should have blown millions of people up because...? FreedomTM? God?
America could have potentially saved millions and millions of lives by killing a few hundred thousand people.

Russia was a mass-killing machine worse than Nazis. They were intolerant with death camps, gulags, and brainwashing. That's how they governed eastern Europe.

They were like the Nazis, only they just got a slap on the wrist!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just so everyone knows, Russia attacked Poland with Germany. I do not consider the Soviets "Allis" as it is used in this context. Certainly not with their death camps, mass-killings, and intolerant policies!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hitler loved animals and not in a sexual way.
"By 1938, Hitler's public image as a vegetarian was already being fostered, and from 1942, he self-identified as a vegetarian. Personal accounts from people who knew Hitler and were familiar with his diet indicate that he did not consume meat as part of his diet during this period, with several contemporaneous witnesses—such as Albert Speer (in his memoirs, Inside the Third Reich)—noting that Hitler used vivid and gruesome descriptions of animal suffering and slaughter at the dinner table to try to dissuade his colleagues from eating meat. An examination of Hitler's remains carried out by French scientists in 2017 found no traces of meat fibre in the tartar on Hitler's teeth.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism
download (40).jpeg
download (39).jpeg

Jumi

Hitler tried to project a moral image of himself, it's a propaganda technique. Many kinds of leaders, both dictators and others try to make use of good PR. They may not really believe in what they try to have people believe. That's politics.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
And all the way to China in 1953, as well.
Right. Because land wars in Asia are so simple. https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/never-fight-land-war-asia
These are the lessons we need to learn from history.
Some other lessons from history that seem relevant here...

Do you know the common thread? The phrase "the invaders suffered crushing defeat and horrific losses".

I do love it when armchair generals make these sorts of pronouncements.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

America could have potentially saved millions and millions of lives by killing a few hundred thousand people.

Russia was a mass-killing machine worse than Nazis. They were intolerant with death camps, gulags, and brainwashing. That's how they governed eastern Europe.

They were like the Nazis, only they just got a slap on the wrist!
Sure. Because defeating Russia would have only required killing"a few hundred thousand people."

Last edited:

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
View attachment 23407
That's such a s*** crock that America was allied with the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, the polish people were fighting a war on two fronts! Russia had an Alliance with Germany!

America and the Allis should have held the Soviet Union accountable for their alliance with Hitler, and invasion of Poland. America had the Atomic Bomb and Russia didn't. I don't think Russia would have stood much of a chance.

We let Russia oppress and conquer Eastern Europe. They were just as ugly as the Nazis.

So, would it have accomplished the greater good, if the Allis just went all the way to Moscow and dealt with the Soviets the same way they dealt with the Nazis?
Since when was global justice the primary motivating factor of warring factions in WW1 or WW2 or the impending (God forbid) WW3?

It has always been national interests that are the driving force ... a diplomatic way of saying we'll get what we want even if we have to lie, cheat, and steal to get it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was speaking of Allis in the context of those who were not like Hitler. Stalin's regime had death camps galore and murderered far more people than the Nazis. It was just as ugly if not more.

Bottom line is, Russia attacked Poland as well. The free world should have taken necessary measures against Russia for commiting the same crime as Germany!
I think it's something like the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Right. Because land wars in Asia are so simple. https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/never-fight-land-war-asia
Some other lessons from history that seem relevant here...

Do you know the common thread? The phrase "the invaders suffered crushing defeat and horrific losses".

I do love it when armchair generals make these sorts of pronouncements.
We had the atomic bomb. Russia did not. I guarantee we drop a few of those and Russia will be scared, demoralized, and surrender quickly because they know we can win just by nuking them!

Kangaroo Feathers

We had the atomic bomb. Russia did not. I guarantee we drop a few of those and Russia will be scared, demoralized, and surrender quickly because they know we can win just by nuking them!
Uh-huh.

Forgetting for a moment the fact that Trinity wasn't until July 16, more than 2 months after VE day, you grossly under estimate the bloody mindedness of the Russians. The Russians lost 11 MILLION soldiers fighting the Germans, and as many civilians as well. Losing "a few hundred thousand people" wouldn't even make them flinch.

Not to mention that the Western Allies were still fighting a war with Imperial Japan, and that it took the largest industrial operation in history to produce only 3 fission packages by late '45, so there wasn't really much scope for atomic weapons use in Russia at the time, any way.

Kangaroo Feathers

Since when was global justice the primary motivating factor of warring factions in WW1 or WW2 or the impending (God forbid) WW3?

It has always been national interests that are the driving force ... a diplomatic way of saying we'll get what we want even if we have to lie, cheat, and steal to get it.
Absolutely. But Americans are thoroughly enamored with the myth of a strictly dichotomous struggle between Good and Evil, where the All American Boy single handedly saved the world.