• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why learn about other faiths?

How valuable is it to learn about other Faiths?

• Total voters
Now I've got a similar question. The true message of Jesus got lost or distorted or something. But, it wasn't good. People were illiterate, so they couldn't read the Bible. Or, they weren't allowed to read the Bible. So we had the new covenant in effect, but people didn't know about it. People that thought and assumed they were believing in Jesus. Along comes the Inquisition, I don't know what God is supposed to do? You have "Christians" torturing Jews to get them to convert to a Christianity. So you have a Jew that remains faithful to his Jewish beliefs, which are wrong, because it is the old covenant. And then you have a Jew that converts under torture to a Christianity that isn't teaching the things of the Bible. Who is better off? They are both in religions that aren't the real truth. And, where in those times was the truth? Did any secret Christian sect have the salvation story right?
The Holy Scriptures have all been miraculously preserved and given to us as a gift from God. We have the whole of human history recorded for us, every generation from Adam and Eve have been chronologically documented so we know approximately how long man has been on the earth.

Please don't confuse true Christians with Roman Catholicism, the Vatican ordered the execution of over 50 million Christian saints so the RCC is the worst enemy of Gods people. The inquisition was ordered by the Pope, it was all about forcing everyone to convert to Roman Catholicism (which teaches heresy and it doesn't follow the teching of Christ).

You would benefit much by looking into the true history of the RCC, it is hard to get to the truth because the RCC is the most powerful organisation in the world. It has great influence throughout the whole world and it controls much of what is taught in schools and universities. So the truth is hard to find in our time and it was even harder in previous generations, when the Bible was banned and most people didn't know the truth of the Gospel message.

You can't accuse true believers (Christians) of committing genocide and forcing people to convert to Christianity. The word "Christian" means a "follower of Christ, it means to be Christ-Like" so you can tell who the true believers are by the way they live their lives.

Christ said, His people would be known and identified by the love they have for each other and others. So all we need to do is look at the way Christ spread Christianity, He never forced anyone to convert. He never used a sword or any pressure to convert anyone.

So all those who call themselves "Christian" then turn around and commit murder and act like the Devil are not Christians at all. They are hypocrites and liars, you can't serve two masters. You can't claim to be a Christian and act like the Devil, Jesus will judge those people very harshly on judgement day.

Seriouly? You think God has male genitalia? For what purpose, since he doesn't die and therefore has no need to procreate little baby gods?

Mankind being made in the image of God means we bear the abstract characteristic, such as free will and moral sentience.

God transcends gender.
No, that's a false description of God. He is a male, His Son calls Him Father and they are actually ONE with the Holy Spirit. They have always existed as "ONE" God head, they never had a beginning and they will never have an end.

A couple of People in the Bible saw God and they described Him as having a very bright continence and silver hair, He is always described in muscular terms, so this idea that he is androgynous is a doctrine of Demons. Be very careful who you believe and what you read, the enemy is very wise and cunning. He uses small lies and mixes the truth with lies to deceive people.

Ha. So thats a No???

The Dharma is The Truth. Until you understand Dharma you will be reborn and until you understand life and death, generosity, compassion, and your attachments, you will continue to be reborn. Dont worry. Its not forever. Though The Buddha went through I think thousands of rebirths until he died.

The Dharma mentions since you go through rebirth, you will eventually relieve your attachments (say to god since it is keeping you from helping and talking to others in light of their wellbeing not just your own; ego)

Hitler and stalin are going through rebirth too. They are probably here now we just dont know it. Nice, huh?

Cause hell and satan does not exist. The idea they choose hell is in your head. At least thats what The Dharma says. But to understand your mind, you need more compassion and less judging.

Christ as god does not exist. Whether he lied or not doesnt make anything true. I can lie about flying that doesnt make it anymore true than telling the truth that I am not. They are just words. Now if you can proove how my decision benefits or give me consequence, thats better way to help people rather than deciding they are liers for not choosing christ. :rolleyes:

The Dharma separates people insofar that our maturity towards Dharma are at different levels of growth. So your maturity would be different than mind and mine different than someone elses. Gradual process unto understanding karma is better because we see all people as divine or as people just growing towards correct Dharma rather than consequenced for something they are training in.

Christ doesnt provide spiritual growth; so, I dont know why youd believe in him when you do not mind others going to hell unless they believe what you do...

unless you have another opinion????

The Dharma says there is no judgement day. Everything in life recycles. Earth turns. We recycle. Nothing disapears. No one floats into space to the sky and dispear in the clouds to a god of somesort.

You would have to prove it exist in some form or state in order for your post to make any sense.

You also have to converse and read cause otherwise youre just wasting words.
I know Buddha tried to make sense of his existence and the world around him, using his intellect but he wasn't able to explain things like who created the world and mankind. He wasn't able to explain why evil exists and why love exists.

Buddha tried his best to understand who he was, where he came from, why he was here and where he is going after this life. We must bare in mind, he was just a man with all the limitations of a man. Christ proved He is God, by performing many miracles like raising people from the dead and giving sight to blind people and walking on water and many many more miracles.

Nobody could have done the things Christ did, unless he is God. He didn't come to just perform miracles, He came to fulfill His mission to save all those His Father gave Him to save. He came to save His elect from hell.

I know you don't believe in Him and you're not alone, the majority of the world doesn't believe in Him because they have never put Him to the test. If you got on your knees and humbled yourself, and asked Him to reveal Himself to you, He will. He has never turned anyone away who truly seek to know Him.

Christ said, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you. He is offering you eternal life in paradise, all you need to do is believe in Him and you will be saved. This offer is available for you right now, you can receive eternal life in paradise right now, this offer is only available in this life. Don't gamble with your eternal state, don't trust a man. Trust in the One true God and you will be saved.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There are over 5,000 suttas (Teachings of The Buddha); so, he touched on every other crisis and benefit I can think of man having and experiencing. It is following The Dharma that is the key. When you follow it, you know it is Truth (using your way of speaking to make a point). If you don't follow, you don't have The Truth.
I know Buddha tried to make sense of his existence and the world around him, using his intellect but he wasn't able to explain things like who created the world and mankind. He wasn't able to explain why evil exists and why love exists.

He did make sense of everything. Over 5,000 suttas he found everything out and then some. He explained why we exist and how. He explained the importance of the mind and attachments. He taught the consequence of not understanding and following these teachings (which are not his teachings but his revelation of teachings already present). He did explain how love exists.

The only thing I remember him saying he didnt know is what is life after death. He said it was not important since this life is what we focus on so we will die and not be reborn.

Buddha tried his best to understand who he was, where he came from, why he was here and where he is going after this life. We must bare in mind, he was just a man with all the limitations of a man. Christ proved He is God, by performing many miracles like raising people from the dead and giving sight to blind people and walking on water and many many more miracles.

The Buddha isnt god. You cannot compare him to god.

Many lineages have The Buddha performing miracles. A lot of it I read are analogies and very good ones that explain life and what is important in it. He also didn't have an issue with people as christians do but he helps others understand themselves by their practices. He does nothing. He isnt a god.

Also, limitations, which is part of suffering, is necessary to understand life. It isnt negative. Its a blessing.

Nobody could have done the things Christ did, unless he is God. He didn't come to just perform miracles, He came to fulfill His mission to save all those His Father gave Him to save. He came to save His elect from hell.

How do miracles prove authentivity of a persons divinity to where all people will want to follow it?

A lot of religions have miracles but not all religions I follow and whether their miracles came true or not is irrelevant.

Jesus is a human and cant save anyone. He's in rebirth until he finally dies. Unlike christianity, practicing Dharma is all about others not just oneself. So, we dont evangalize cause everyone is at different maturity levels and understand life, suffering, rebirth, kamma, and death for themselves.

Hell does not teach anything. Its an empty word.

I know you don't believe in Him and you're not alone, the majority of the world doesn't believe in Him because they have never put Him to the test. If you got on your knees and humbled yourself, and asked Him to reveal Himself to you, He will. He has never turned anyone away who truly seek to know Him.

Yes. I rationalize it like tihs: I rather be honest with god and go to hell rather than lie to god to go to heaven.

Do you agree?

There are over 5,000 suttas (Teachings of The Buddha); so, he touched on every other crisis and benefit I can think of man having and experiencing. It is following The Dharma that is the key. When you follow it, you know it is Truth (using your way of speaking to make a point). If you don't follow, you don't have The Truth.

He did make sense of everything. Over 5,000 suttas he found everything out and then some. He explained why we exist and how. He explained the importance of the mind and attachments. He taught the consequence of not understanding and following these teachings (which are not his teachings but his revelation of teachings already present). He did explain how love exists.

The only thing I remember him saying he didnt know is what is life after death. He said it was not important since this life is what we focus on so we will die and not be reborn.

The Buddha isnt god. You cannot compare him to god.

Many lineages have The Buddha performing miracles. A lot of it I read are analogies and very good ones that explain life and what is important in it. He also didn't have an issue with people as christians do but he helps others understand themselves by their practices. He does nothing. He isnt a god.

Also, limitations, which is part of suffering, is necessary to understand life. It isnt negative. Its a blessing.

How do miracles prove authentivity of a persons divinity to where all people will want to follow it?

A lot of religions have miracles but not all religions I follow and whether their miracles came true or not is irrelevant.

Jesus is a human and cant save anyone. He's in rebirth until he finally dies. Unlike christianity, practicing Dharma is all about others not just oneself. So, we dont evangalize cause everyone is at different maturity levels and understand life, suffering, rebirth, kamma, and death for themselves.

Hell does not teach anything. Its an empty word.

Yes. I rationalize it like tihs: I rather be honest with god and go to hell rather than lie to god to go to heaven.

Do you agree?
I don't agree with you at all, because you rely on your own understanding. The Bible says that the person who relies on their own understanding will be deceived and arrive at the wrong conclusion. The truth sets you free, but it's useless unless you know the truth.

The truth is not a thing, it's a person and His name is Jesus the Christ. He said "I am the truth" no other person or deity in history has ever been able to claim that and prove it except for Jesus Himself.

Jesus said that the person who relies on their own or other peoples understanding is cursed, He said the wrath of God abides on that person. So be very careful with what you believe, it's all important. What you believe will determine where you spend eternity.

Christ said, what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul. A person who abides in a lie will lose his own soul and his soul will abide in bondage to the evil One. So there is only One truth and everyone else needs to accept it, if they are to be liberated from bondage to Satan's lie.

Every single person will be judged according to their relationship with Christ, if you don't know Him as your savior you will know Him as your judge.

You are not in a position to determine what is true and what is false, your enemy is far smarter and He has great power to deceive people and lead them to hell. He has existed for many thousands of years so He has great knowledge and you are no match for Him. He has deceived you and the only way you can liberate yourself from bondage and eternal damnation is to trust in Christ to give you the victory.

There is no other person or deity which can save you, Christ is the only One so you don't have any other option but to surrender your life to Him or remain in bondage to Satan and end up in the lake of fire with Him.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't agree with you at all, because you rely on your own understanding. The Bible says that the person who relies on their own understanding will be deceived and arrive at the wrong conclusion. The truth sets you free, but it's useless unless you know the truth.

The truth is not a thing, it's a person and His name is Jesus the Christ. He said "I am the truth" no other person or deity in history has ever been able to claim that and prove it except for Jesus Himself.

Jesus said that the person who relies on their own or other peoples understanding is cursed, He said the wrath of God abides on that person. So be very careful with what you believe, it's all important. What you believe will determine where you spend eternity.

Christ said, what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul. A person who abides in a lie will lose his own soul and his soul will abide in bondage to the evil One. So there is only One truth and everyone else needs to accept it, if they are to be liberated from bondage to Satan's lie.

Every single person will be judged according to their relationship with Christ, if you don't know Him as your savior you will know Him as your judge.

You are not in a position to determine what is true and what is false, your enemy is far smarter and He has great power to deceive people and lead them to hell. He has existed for many thousands of years so He has great knowledge and you are no match for Him. He has deceived you and the only way you can liberate yourself from bondage and eternal damnation is to trust in Christ to give you the victory.

There is no other person or deity which can save you, Christ is the only One so you don't have any other option but to surrender your life to Him or remain in bondage to Satan and end up in the lake of fire with Him.

I understand your belief, but being honest here, what is your point?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No, that's a false description of God. He is a male, His Son calls Him Father and they are actually ONE with the Holy Spirit. They have always existed as "ONE" God head, they never had a beginning and they will never have an end.

A couple of People in the Bible saw God and they described Him as having a very bright continence and silver hair, He is always described in muscular terms, so this idea that he is androgynous is a doctrine of Demons. Be very careful who you believe and what you read, the enemy is very wise and cunning. He uses small lies and mixes the truth with lies to deceive people.
We call God "Father" out of convenience. It is not objectively true. He is not male.

We call God "Father" out of convenience. It is not objectively true. He is not male.
I'm not sure which god your referring to, I'm referring to the only true God Jehovah. We have 66 books describing Him as having the image of a Man, you might be referring to Zeus or some other god.

One of the strengths of religious forum is the diversity of Faiths represented. That presents an excellent opportunity to learn about the faiths of others. This opportunity doesn’t readily present itself to the same degree where I live as religion has become a risky topic of conversation and so best avoided. This year I joined my cities Interfaith council so that’s been helpful.

But why learn about the religion of another in the first place? What is your motivation and what is mine? It’s a personal question really. For me I like to see the bigger picture of ‘world history’ with civilisations that have come and been, and ideologies and beliefs that inspired the masses. It helps me better understand the world as it is today and others in an increasingly multicultural world. It also brings coherence to my own faith and worldview I can not deny.

Obviously there’s other agendas too. We can learn about another faiths so we can make our own beliefs look good and demean others. Many of us know that illusory satisfaction in our worldview as we build our straw man as to what we imagine another’s faith is about. Ego trips are part of the human condition and whose really immune?

Anyway thoughts and reflections? Thanks for listening and discussing if your interested.
One of the big weaknesses of Religious Forums is the allowance of bubble chambers where other voices are not even allowed to be spoken.
In other news, who is really immune?
Also, was not interested until god showed up on the job site and offered the title of prophet, and you can't do this stuff up close and personal without a stone - which is frowned upon in Western society - but without faith, I can't see it being an issue (in reply to the poll).

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Holy Scriptures have all been miraculously preserved and given to us as a gift from God. We have the whole of human history recorded for us, every generation from Adam and Eve have been chronologically documented so we know approximately how long man has been on the earth.

Please don't confuse true Christians with Roman Catholicism, the Vatican ordered the execution of over 50 million Christian saints so the RCC is the worst enemy of Gods people. The inquisition was ordered by the Pope, it was all about forcing everyone to convert to Roman Catholicism (which teaches heresy and it doesn't follow the teching of Christ).

You would benefit much by looking into the true history of the RCC, it is hard to get to the truth because the RCC is the most powerful organisation in the world. It has great influence throughout the whole world and it controls much of what is taught in schools and universities. So the truth is hard to find in our time and it was even harder in previous generations, when the Bible was banned and most people didn't know the truth of the Gospel message.

You can't accuse true believers (Christians) of committing genocide and forcing people to convert to Christianity. The word "Christian" means a "follower of Christ, it means to be Christ-Like" so you can tell who the true believers are by the way they live their lives.

Christ said, His people would be known and identified by the love they have for each other and others. So all we need to do is look at the way Christ spread Christianity, He never forced anyone to convert. He never used a sword or any pressure to convert anyone.

So all those who call themselves "Christian" then turn around and commit murder and act like the Devil are not Christians at all. They are hypocrites and liars, you can't serve two masters. You can't claim to be a Christian and act like the Devil, Jesus will judge those people very harshly on judgement day.
A couple of things... Catholics were the only official Christian Church during that time. People that didn't have the Bible, or couldn't read it even if they did have it, had to depend on the Church to tell them the "truth" about Jesus. For most Protestants I would think that they would believe that the Catholic Church didn't have nor teach the truth about God and Jesus. What is God going to do with them? They had faith in the wrong things. They thought they were doing what is right, but it wasn't. Then, you got the Jew that the Church tries to force into converting. That person is in a no win situation. He believes his wrong Jewish beliefs, so he loses. If he converts, he gets into a Christian Church that is wrong also. So he lose there too.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well speaking of learning from other faiths... Christians, Moslems and now Baha'is say they all evolved out of Judaism. With Protestant Christianity we get a strong emphasis on Satan, hell, and that Adam and Eve sinned to create a need for Jesus to come "save" humanity. In any sect of Judaism, that you know of, were any of these things a major belief?

For the Baha'is and Islam, my questions is about Isaac and Ishmael. They both say that it was Ishmael, not Isaac, that Abraham took to get sacrificed. Baha'is here have said that a scribe could have made this change. I don't see how, since wouldn't there be several Scrolls and several scribes making new copies? If it wasn't all of them working together to make the change, how could one get away with such change? But then, when a rabbi reads from the new Scroll, it seems like he'd question that change... or, he'd have to be in on it too, along with all the rabbis. And, if it was originally Ishmael, how does the rest of Isaacs story in the Bible make sense? This is not a small issue, because it makes both the Baha'is and Moslems liars... Or, it makes Jews and Christians liars?

Can you help others by referring to their faith or only your own?

I know your belief. They don't relate to what I'm asking you.
Most people believe that all faiths and religions lead to God, this is a popular view but sadly it's a false view. Jesus Christ said "I am the only way to God", He was either a liar or He was telling the truth.
If He was telling the truth that means we all need Jesus, so we need to establish whether He was telling the truth or not.

The only way to find out if He was telling us the truth is to put Him to the test. Billions of people have trusted Him and they found Him to be true, so they devoted their life to severing Him. Jesus claimed to be God, He claimed to have created everything that exists.

Jesus proved that He is the only true God by demonstrating His authority over all things, he demonstrated His authority over death by raising people from the dead and raising himself from the dead. He performed hundreds of miracles, which only God could do so He proved that He is God.

Jesus said "I am the truth" so all those who want to know the truth can go to Him and receive the truth and the truth sets them free from bondage to the evil powers of darkness who use deception to keep people away from the truth.

Ever religion teaches that you must do certain things to gain some kind of reward, Christ offered eternal paradise to anyone who believes in Him. He never made any demands, He simply offered salvation and eternal life in paradise for trusting in Him for the remission of our sins.

If there were other ways to God He would have told us about them, God has people from every country and culture. In my church we have people from all over the world but we are all brothers and sisters united by Christ, we are all members of His body.

I'm not pushing my religion on anyone, I'm sharing the truth with you and everyone else I meet because I would love to see you liberated and receive the gift of eternal life in paradise.

There is a war between the powers of darkness and God, the powers of darkness use lies as weapons to deceive people so they end up in the lake of fire with them. God uses the truth to liberate people and set them free from bondage to lies and deception.

The truth is the most powerful weapon in the universe, the truth is Gods Word. God spoke everything that exists into existence by His Word so it is the most powerful weapon and authority in the universe. God gives His people (believers) the power of the truth to destroy lies.

Men are no match for the powers of darkness, Satan and His Demons are very powerful. We are no match for them, they will destroy everyone who confronts them without the power of Christ to protect them.

Satan sits back and allows unbelievers to continue on their way, he knows they will end up in hell with Him. He only attacks those who find the truth, because He will do anything to drag them down to hell with Him. he attacks them with all kinds of lies and temptations to cause them to lost their faith.

You will find that Satan is the King of this fallen world system, He has deceived the majority of the worlds population so every false religion is glorified in His fallen world system. the only people He attacks are true believers (Christians) the whole world hates Christians because they have been deceived and conditioned to see good as evil and evil as good.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Most people believe that all faiths and religions lead to God, this is a popular view but sadly it's a false view. Jesus Christ said "I am the only way to God", He was either a liar or He was telling the truth.
If He was telling the truth that means we all need Jesus, so we need to establish whether He was telling the truth or not.

The only way to find out if He was telling us the truth is to put Him to the test. Billions of people have trusted Him and they found Him to be true, so they devoted their life to severing Him. Jesus claimed to be God, He claimed to have created everything that exists.

Jesus proved that He is the only true God by demonstrating His authority over all things, he demonstrated His authority over death by raising people from the dead and raising himself from the dead. He performed hundreds of miracles, which only God could do so He proved that He is God.

Jesus said "I am the truth" so all those who want to know the truth can go to Him and receive the truth and the truth sets them free from bondage to the evil powers of darkness who use deception to keep people away from the truth.

Ever religion teaches that you must do certain things to gain some kind of reward, Christ offered eternal paradise to anyone who believes in Him. He never made any demands, He simply offered salvation and eternal life in paradise for trusting in Him for the remission of our sins.

If there were other ways to God He would have told us about them, God has people from every country and culture. In my church we have people from all over the world but we are all brothers and sisters united by Christ, we are all members of His body.

I'm not pushing my religion on anyone, I'm sharing the truth with you and everyone else I meet because I would love to see you liberated and receive the gift of eternal life in paradise.

There is a war between the powers of darkness and God, the powers of darkness use lies as weapons to deceive people so they end up in the lake of fire with them. God uses the truth to liberate people and set them free from bondage to lies and deception.

The truth is the most powerful weapon in the universe, the truth is Gods Word. God spoke everything that exists into existence by His Word so it is the most powerful weapon and authority in the universe. God gives His people (believers) the power of the truth to destroy lies.

Men are no match for the powers of darkness, Satan and His Demons are very powerful. We are no match for them, they will destroy everyone who confronts them without the power of Christ to protect them.

Satan sits back and allows unbelievers to continue on their way, he knows they will end up in hell with Him. He only attacks those who find the truth, because He will do anything to drag them down to hell with Him. he attacks them with all kinds of lies and temptations to cause them to lost their faith.

You will find that Satan is the King of this fallen world system, He has deceived the majority of the worlds population so every false religion is glorified in His fallen world system. the only people He attacks are true believers (Christians) the whole world hates Christians because they have been deceived and conditioned to see good as evil and evil as good.
I read it.

This doesn't answer my question. Can you help someone with a false belief by knowing their belief is better for their health than yours?

For example, if someone is Muslim and they are troubles, could you use the tenants of their faith to help them since they know better than you of their spiritual health or would you only help them by sharing your belief despite it being invalid if not harmful to their wellbeing?

I know your belief. Sharing means interacting. I can't learn from full blocks of text. I don't know your point without dialogue and convo. Scripture does not speak for itself.

A couple of things... Catholics were the only official Christian Church during that time. People that didn't have the Bible, or couldn't read it even if they did have it, had to depend on the Church to tell them the "truth" about Jesus. For most Protestants I would think that they would believe that the Catholic Church didn't have nor teach the truth about God and Jesus. What is God going to do with them? They had faith in the wrong things. They thought they were doing what is right, but it wasn't. Then, you got the Jew that the Church tries to force into converting. That person is in a no win situation. He believes his wrong Jewish beliefs, so he loses. If he converts, he gets into a Christian Church that is wrong also. So he lose there too.
Thank God, He knows the truth about every single thought and motive of every one of His created people. God said that He would judge every single person by the amount of knowledge they were given, so those who have been given much will be judged according to what they have been given.

We need to consider who God is and what He knows, the fact that He created every speck of dust in the universe and He knows the exact number of hair on every head in the world tells us that He doesn't miss a trick and we know that he is a fair judge.

Every single person who has ever been created will stand before God on judgement day to be judged. We can rest assured that God is the most fair judge in the universe, he will never punish anyone unfairly. He will take into consideration the persons position when it comes to judging them for their choice of religion etc...

God will judge those who were born on remote islands thousands of years ago, who never heard the Gospel differently to those who heard the Gospel a hundred times. God is a very very fair judge so we can rest assured that He will judge everyone fairly and everyone will be rewarded or punished according to what they did.

We live in the age of grace, God has poured out His grace in these last days before Christ returns to judge the whole world.
Satan and His Demons have gone out in full force to deceive as many as they can, their only aim is to get people away from the truth of the Gospel because they know that that's the only way to be saved. They want to cause as many as they can to end up in hell with them.

We are blessed to have the free offer of salvation, Christ paid the whole penalty for everyone who trust and believes in him so we can stand before Him on judgement day as forgiven people and we can be sure to inherit eternal life in paradise, while all the unbelievers will have to pay for their sins in hell forever.

God will judge all those who never heard the Gospel with mercy, he will save most of them but thehose who heard and rejected His Son will not be forgiven.

I read it.

This doesn't answer my question. Can you help someone with a false belief by knowing their belief is better for their health than yours?

For example, if someone is Muslim and they are troubles, could you use the tenants of their faith to help them since they know better than you of their spiritual health or would you only help them by sharing your belief despite it being invalid if not harmful to their wellbeing?

I know your belief. Sharing means interacting. I can't learn from full blocks of text. I don't know your point without dialogue and convo. Scripture does not speak for itself.
I have Muslim friends, who are currently going through a lot of trouble with their family problems. I also know a lot about Islam so I have encouraged my friend with some of the teachings of the Koran. The problems still remain because his father is a very strict Muslim and he is a moderate Muslim so they clash.

I can't solve their problem using the Koran, because the Koran teaches the individual how to live but it doesn't provide a resolution to this family problem. The Koran teaches that the person who is more faithful and more dedicated and more devout, has the higher authority over the one who is not as devout.

My friends father punishes his son because his son doesn't follow the religion faithfully, the son doesn't pray five times a day and he doesn't live according to the teaching of Mohammad. The son lives and was born in a western culture, so he is influenced by the music and the western lifestyle while his father wants him to live as a devout Muslim.

I can't use the teaching of the Koran to advise him on how to resolve the problem, but the Bible does have the answer so I share the Gospel with him and he is very interested to know more but he is very scared of his father. If his father finds out that he is interested in Christianity he might beat him or even murder him.

There is only one truth and only one true religion and there are thousands of false religions and lies about everything. The truth is the only thing that liberates people, we are all in bondage to the powers of darkness while we live without knowing the truth.

When a person receives the truth, they receive the greatest treasure in the universe. Jesus said "I am the truth" He is offering anyone who will believe in Him, eternal life in paradise but the enemy doesn't want you to know the truth. Seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If there were other ways to God He would have told us about them,
Jesus was the Only Way to God during His Dispensation, which is why Jesus said......

John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

However, that was only true during the Dispensation of Jesus. Time marches on and God has spoken again through Baha'u'llah. We are now living in the Dispensation of Baha’u’llah.

“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183

“Such is the teaching which God bestoweth on you, a teaching that will deliver you from all manner of doubt and perplexity, and enable you to attain unto salvation in both this world and in the next. He, verily, is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Bountiful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 87

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have Muslim friends, who are currently going through a lot of trouble with their family problems. I also know a lot about Islam so I have encouraged my friend with some of the teachings of the Koran. The problems still remain because his father is a very strict Muslim and he is a moderate Muslim so they clash.

I can't solve their problem using the Koran, because the Koran teaches the individual how to live but it doesn't provide a resolution to this family problem. The Koran teaches that the person who is more faithful and more dedicated and more devout, has the higher authority over the one who is not as devout.

My friends father punishes his son because his son doesn't follow the religion faithfully, the son doesn't pray five times a day and he doesn't live according to the teaching of Mohammad. The son lives and was born in a western culture, so he is influenced by the music and the western lifestyle while his father wants him to live as a devout Muslim.

I can't use the teaching of the Koran to advise him on how to resolve the problem, but the Bible does have the answer so I share the Gospel with him and he is very interested to know more but he is very scared of his father. If his father finds out that he is interested in Christianity he might beat him or even murder him.

There is only one truth and only one true religion and there are thousands of false religions and lies about everything. The truth is the only thing that liberates people, we are all in bondage to the powers of darkness while we live without knowing the truth.

When a person receives the truth, they receive the greatest treasure in the universe. Jesus said "I am the truth" He is offering anyone who will believe in Him, eternal life in paradise but the enemy doesn't want you to know the truth. Seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.

Does he tell you he doesn't benefit from the Koran? (Maybe he is struggling with his faith in God and muhammad without regards to his father's edicts?)

Did he decide not to be muslim; is he christian?

If he is not teaching your truth as His Truth too when he doesn't share that belief can do more harm than good.

Would you help someone say a Pagan who Does follow the their faith but instead of teaching him Your faith you (1) ask about his and (2) help him with his?

For example, I wasn't Catholic for most my life. I was going to date one lady but she told me she was Christian and she had inner discomfort. At the time the only thing Catholic I knew was from my other friend. Instead of telling her My Truth, I asked her about Her faith and she may feel comfortable talking to Her god. I dont know if she stopped dating but if she stopped because she listened to her faith that's good. I would never think someone can learn Truth from me when its not theirs.

You have to help them with their truth. It's not for you to define truth for them. Are you able to help them with their truth or only yours?

Can you display empathy and compassion by setting aside your need and faith by helping people with theirs?

Which is more benefitial to someone, helping them with their faith or with yours?

I know your faith. My question is asking you. Sharing details of your faith is not answering question.

Jesus was the Only Way to God during His Dispensation, which is why Jesus said......

John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

However, that was only true during the Dispensation of Jesus. Time marches on and God has spoken again through Baha'u'llah. We are now living in the Dispensation of Baha’u’llah.

“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183

“Such is the teaching which God bestoweth on you, a teaching that will deliver you from all manner of doubt and perplexity, and enable you to attain unto salvation in both this world and in the next. He, verily, is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Bountiful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 87
I will pray for you my dear friend, I am convinced that you have it wrong. Jesus told us that many would come after Him, claiming to have new revelation from God but He warned us not to listen to these people. He said they are Demons, teaching things which sound perfectly logical and good.

The powers of darkness are super intelligent, they will fool the smartest of people. This is why Jesus warned us, not to listen to anyone who comes after Him. He told us everything there is to know about the truth of salvation and how to live.

Jesus said if anyone comes along and teaches anything other than the Gospel which He taught, let them be cursed and pay no attention to them. So with all due respect, I must rebuke your guru and everything he stands for. I reject everything that he has to say as lies, Christ said "let every man be a liar and let God be true".