• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why ************ it?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Going by god having the power it does make sense. Everyone in the bible in OT that god forgave were always huge sinners. What made them forgiven was his say so and that is all that's needed. God is under no obligation to forgive anyone and can accept whatever type of person he wants as seen in the OT. Jesus just made it a hell of lot easier to be forgiven which the OT said would happen to the gentiles via someone from the line of Jacob. I'm under the impression that the god of the bible can do whatever he wants and it doesn't have to be done a certain way just cause your theology says so.
No, but the theology ought to reflect an historically honest perspective.

idav

Being
Premium Member
But that's not what the Genesis story says, is it! It says that they would become like God -- and God is not evil.

Again, the hymn doesn't say "reflection," does it! It says "form."
No it says like us! Plural. And God is not evil only because he's the one making the rules.

Yes form, I interpret it differently. I've gone through the bible and do not believe jesus to be The God. No spinning of the scripture can reconcile the mess of the trinity. If anything WE are part of the trinity making us god-like, sons of god or whatever you want to call it. Not to mention all the sons of god mentioned in the OT.

Erebus

If you say that you're Christian and you believe in God and Jesus but you don't believe in some of the bible, say Noah's Flood, or alot of the tenets, what percentage are you Christian? Why not, if you're christian or any Religion that has a popular dogma, don't you believe in it fully, why not dive head first and totally commit to it? At what point does one stop being a Christian? What's the minimum requirement?

Well it's pretty simple actually. You see the bare minimum required is a contract written in your own blood and locked in a box of cat's bones. Then you take the contract to a crossroads and... Actually I think I'm getting mixed up.

sojourner

No it says like us! Plural. And God is not evil only because he's the one making the rules.

Yes form, I interpret it differently. I've gone through the bible and do not believe jesus to be The God. No spinning of the scripture can reconcile the mess of the trinity. If anything WE are part of the trinity making us god-like, sons of god or whatever you want to call it. Not to mention all the sons of god mentioned in the OT.
Whatever, man.

idav

Being
Premium Member
well, for starters, how about:

I don't read that anywhere in the Bible, nor is it included in any of the remaining Tradition of either Judaism or Xy.
:areyoucra
It's called being above the law because your the rule maker. Just using logic. It's good to be king. God is allowed to murder even though it goes against his commandments is the most popular example to illustrate this.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
It's called being above the law because your the rule maker. Just using logic. It's good to be king. God is allowed to murder even though it goes against his commandments is the most popular example to illustrate this.
Power shared is power lost, no?

sojourner

Again, I don't read that in any of the Tradition.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Again, I don't read that in any of the Tradition.
Ok well what does tradition say about god being able to commit genocide but we aren't able to kill unless for food or sacrifice. The answer is in genesis with the flood. Clearly god felt he had every right to destroy what he created based on that story. Then quickly turned around and told us not to shed the blood of humans cause we are in gods image found in Genesis 9:6 right after god destroyed most everything on the earth. You don't see any contradiction here?

sojourner

Ok well what does tradition say about god being able to commit genocide but we aren't able to kill unless for food or sacrifice. The answer is in genesis with the flood. Clearly god felt he had every right to destroy what he created based on that story. Then quickly turned around and told us not to shed the blood of humans cause we are in gods image found in Genesis 9:6 right after god destroyed most everything on the earth. You don't see any contradiction here?
Not if you exegete the texts with a proper hermeneutic...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I believe the issue here is trying to understand God the father is a jealous, vengeful God.

That does not sound much like Jesus now does it?