• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this happening?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
NOT condemning ANY religion.
I want to make that CLEAR!
But why? in the name of anyone's "God" does this continue to happen in this "modern"
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

In just this past week alone.
Why?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The same kind of reasons equivalent things happened in the ancient world and will continue to happen in the future. The specifics aren’t reasons, they’re excuses.

Not good enough. We've got to do better than we have in the past.

jonathan180iq

But why? in the name of anyone's "God" does this continue to happen in this "modern"
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

Why?
Nations still go to war over wholly imaginary things - why should religion be any different?

I agree that it's disgusting - but I don't think that we can blame one religion or another for something that we can justify in other settings.

Case and point: The Presidential candidates in the US are busy talking about how terrible ISIL is for killing 30,000 people in the last 13 years. How many collateral deaths have our nation's wars caused in that same amount of time?

http://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/files/cow/imce/papers/2013/Civilian Death and Injury in the Iraq War, 2003-2013.pdf

134,000? 250,000?

Why is the systematic killing of people under the banner of religion wrong while the systematic killing of people under the flag of a nation accepted?

Why does this continue to happen in the modern world?

HonestJoe

Not good enough. We've got to do better than we have in the past.
I wasn’t celebrating the fact, just answering the question. We can’t start working on doing “better” than in the past without clearly understanding what we did then, what we’re doing now and why.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

Why?
War happens. Some of it is fought by Muslims.

icehorse

Premium Member
Indeed the violence performed by Muslim extremists is terrible.
How about we look at the other 99% of violence for a change?

Agreed, there are many problems in the world. But I'd say that when discussing Islam, focusing on the extremists is a red herring. Far more important is to focus on the negative impacts of hundreds of millions of Islamic conservatives. For example, would you count domestic abuse in your broader look at violence?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

Why?

Because people don't follow a loving God. They follow self proclaimed prophets and the rhetoric they spew forth.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

Why?

I am. Screw the pc crap. Wahhabism. Beyond reproach. Needs to go.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Why is this happening?
Plain and simple. We live in a fallen world that is run by the prince of darkness and all of his corrupt angels of darkness. God created a beautiful garden that had zero flaws. Imagine all that garden and NO WEEDS. The only thing that God created that was not perfect was our free will. Free will took mankind away from God's will. And has led to this fallen world.

ronandcarol

icehorse

Premium Member
Many religions (you know which ones 'm talking about), foster and promote dogmatic thinking. To those folks whose religions fall along those lines, I would ask this:

Why would the god you imagine, give us the capacity for critical thinking and logic, and then ask us to accept dogma that is weak on both evidence and logic?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Why is this happening?
Plain and simple. We live in a fallen world that is run by the prince of darkness and all of his corrupt angels of darkness.

jesus_fp.jpg

Last edited:

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Why is this happening?
Plain and simple. We live in a fallen world that is run by the prince of darkness and all of his corrupt angels of darkness. God created a beautiful garden that had zero flaws. Imagine all that garden and NO WEEDS. The only thing that God created that was not perfect was our free will. Free will took mankind away from God's will. And has led to this fallen world.

ronandcarol

I GET THAT.
Satan is in control of this world and will be 'till Jesus comes back and kicks butt!
Sadly we can look forward to more and more of this 'till the day comes.

Buckle your seat belts it's gonna be a rough ride.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Many religions (you know which ones 'm talking about), foster and promote dogmatic thinking. To those folks whose religions fall along those lines, I would ask this:

Why would the god you imagine, give us the capacity for critical thinking and logic, and then ask us to accept dogma that is weak on both evidence and logic?

The crux behind my evolution from Baptist to Deist. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wahhabism, Wahabism(noun)

a conservative and intolerant form of Islam that is practiced in Saudi Arabia

What do you mean?
What needs to go?

This sect is touted as the nexus from which acts of terrorism are carried out.

Whahhabism and its philosophies are said to be foundational for groups like isis, boko haram and most acts of terrorism that are carried out under a banner of Islam.

That mentality and those who carry out those acts. Whahhabism and its followers need to be looked at very seriously and dealt with through any means possible to stop the present maddness that is going on.

I think that entire sect needs to go out, or be taken out of commission.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I GET THAT.
Satan is in control of this world and will be 'till Jesus comes back and kicks butt!
Sadly we can look forward to more and more of this 'till the day comes.

Buckle your seat belts it's gonna be a rough ride.

Is there some reason why God can't simply snap those divine fingers and uncreate this Satan, who is portrayed as God's nemesis? You'd think that the creator of the universe (which includes Satan) could take care of business without having to wait for "his human self" to return and handle the situation. Leave it to silly humans to come up with some supernatural, hocus pocus nonsense.

In other words...

People: God, please help us! There is murder, rape and violence at every turn. Children die from starvation, disease and abuse. People are robbed and assaulted. The world is an evil place and we need Your divine grace and deliverance, since You love us so much.

God: No, not right now. I will return one day in my human form, and then all will be made right. Until then, just keep suffering under Satan's rule. I made him and could easily destroy him, but it's not on my "to do" list for this millennium. Cheers!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
primitiv
world?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks41
Killed189
Injured227
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

Why?
Primitive mindsets beget primitive behaviours.