• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this board so obsessed with restrooms?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Hey @Ella S. -

On your points 1-4, I apologize, I've had this conversation with a few people so I failed to give you the complete context:

I agree that trans people are no more violent than anyone else. But the point is that we're now NORMALIZING men entering into women's safe spaces, and that's what causes the safety risks I'm talking about. For example, an violent man enters a safe house and when he's told he cannot enter he lies and says he's trans. What now?

Fifthly, it's not a "claim" that trans women are women. It's a scientific fact, backed by psychology and sociology. You're the one who's denying the science in order to accuse trans women of being closet sex offenders, which is both ignorant and transphobic.

The problem we're seeing here is the sort of blurring of gender and sex. The word "woman" can be used to mean either, and that's become an issue. But the reality is that in many common situations, "woman" implies sex. So from a sex basis, a transwoman is NOT a woman.

And the times when sex matters are very important, e.g., locker rooms and safe houses.

It is a HUGE mistake to allow the word "woman" to be hijacked to mean only gender. That has many negative social, psychological, and legal implications. I have a wife and two daughters, and such a hijacking is massively misogynistic.

Do trans people deserve to be safe and treated fairly? OF course!!!! But the solutions should not come at the expense of women.

I doubt you really care, though. I'm sure plenty of people have tried to have this conversation with you. I don't think what you're replying to is a red herring at all. I suspect you're concern trolling and just want to attack trans people. If I'm wrong about that, then prove it to me.

Yes, I've had this conversation before. And it usually goes the way this one is going. There appears to be a sort of dogma that trans apologists follow. Part of the dogma is to try to bully and slur any critics of the trans agenda. So congrats - I guess? - you're doing a good job of repeating the trans-activists party line.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, it's the direction the water swirls as it goes down the drain.

What about you?

ETA: I'm also fascinated by the people who hold cell phone conversations while they sit on the commode. They're so much fun to troll.
I'm just impressed when I hear people hold cell phone conversations anymore, whether they're on the toilet or not.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
For me, it's the direction the water swirls as it goes down the drain.

What about you?

ETA: I'm also fascinated by the people who hold cell phone conversations while they sit on the commode. They're so much fun to troll.
Knock on the stall wall and shout “Hey can you pass some toilet paper?” when they’re in an important business call? :D

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Knock on the stall wall and shout “Hey can you pass some toilet paper?” when they’re in an important business call? :D
Actually, I answer like they're speaking to me.

Guy on they phone: "What's up?"

Me: "Not much."

Guy on the phone: "Where you at?"

Me: "Standing in front of the urinal."

Guy on the phone: "I'm on the phone, you ****!!"

Me: "Then why are you talking to me?!"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hey @Ella S. -

On your points 1-4, I apologize, I've had this conversation with a few people so I failed to give you the complete context:

I agree that trans people are no more violent than anyone else. But the point is that we're now NORMALIZING men entering into women's safe spaces, and that's what causes the safety risks I'm talking about. For example, an violent man enters a safe house and when he's told he cannot enter he lies and says he's trans. What now?

The problem we're seeing here is the sort of blurring of gender and sex. The word "woman" can be used to mean either, and that's become an issue. But the reality is that in many common situations, "woman" implies sex. So from a sex basis, a transwoman is NOT a woman.

And the times when sex matters are very important, e.g., locker rooms and safe houses.

It is a HUGE mistake to allow the word "woman" to be hijacked to mean only gender. That has many negative social, psychological, and legal implications. I have a wife and two daughters, and such a hijacking is massively misogynistic.

Do trans people deserve to be safe and treated fairly? OF course!!!! But the solutions should not come at the expense of women.

Yes, I've had this conversation before. And it usually goes the way this one is going. There appears to be a sort of dogma that trans apologists follow. Part of the dogma is to try to bully and slur any critics of the trans agenda. So congrats - I guess? - you're doing a good job of repeating the trans-activists party line.
Bigots hide their bigotry behind the guise of protecting women. Women must be protected from everyone but the bigot. Blacks, Chinese, trans, it's so pathetic woman had to be protected from dirty language, had to be protected from learning too much, and she wasn't allowed in politics because she was too fragile for that as well.
All you're doing is being a transphobe and trying to tell ua you aren't.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Bigots hide their bigotry behind the guise of protecting women. Women must be protected from everyone but the bigot. Blacks, Chinese, trans, it's so pathetic woman had to be protected from dirty language, had to be protected from learning too much, and she wasn't allowed in politics because she was too fragile for that as well.
All you're doing is being a transphobe and trying to tell ua you aren't.
I always wonder why everyone focuses on women's safety in the restroom, but never men's. Men can be assaulted in the bathroom, too. (Had ongoing problems with that with one of my sons in school.) And, women sometimes assault one another in the bathroom as well. Its not unheard of.

Seems to me building multiple small restrooms that serve one person and have locks on the door are the safest option.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I always wonder why everyone focuses on women's safety in the restroom, but never men's. Men can be assaulted in the bathroom, too. (Had ongoing problems with that with one of my sons in school.) And, women sometimes assault one another in the bathroom as well. Its not unheard of.

Seems to me building multiple small restrooms that serve one person and have locks on the door are the safest option.

This is what I saw in England when I was there last May. Particularly at a museum I visited in Coventry (I mentioned this in another post). This museum's one public restroom area for all consisted of an open floorplan with individual, small restrooms lining the walls and having their own locks on the doors.

You know, when I was a kid at school, my biggest concern was about encountering bullies in the girls' restroom. Nowadays, however, those mean girls (and mean boys from the boys' restroom, as well) have grown into adulthood -- and they are still the ones who are the problem, IMO. I think that transgendered folks are the ones needing the protection from the now-grown school restroom bullies of the past.

Here's an example of how insane the obsession with public restrooms has gotten and how the crazies are bullying others over it:

Last edited:

anna.

but mostly it's the same

You keep intimating that you're being bullied, but you're not being bullied. Maybe ask a trans woman what it's like to be bullied.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Here's an example of how insane the obsession with public restrooms has gotten and how the crazies are bullying others over it:

Wow, I actually made it through watching Ana Kasparian for 2:14 ... that has got to be a record.

Ana ignored, the lady in the bathroom should be arrested. You can't or shouldn't be able to do that to people.
I am pretty sure @icehorse would not be supportive of this nut-cases behaviour either.

Last edited:

anna.

but mostly it's the same

Like so many of her fellow MAGAs, the one who always comes off as entitled, and acting entitled, is the MAGA who accosts someone just minding their own business. People like the crazy lady in the video aren't happy unless they're minding everyone else's business too - and feel entitled enough to cross a legal line to do it. After all, the legal line is for other people, not for them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It does sound like the better option, although I've also read complaints from people who say there aren't enough restrooms in some of the larger public venues, such as stadiums and arenas. The women's restrooms get especially full with long lines to the point where some women will actually go into the men's room because they can't wait. The men just line up at a trough.

wrigley field mens room.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't understand why they're called restrooms in America. They're toilets! It's the last place I'd go for a rest.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand why they're called restrooms in America. They're toilets! It's the last place I'd go for a rest.

I never understood it either, but I just sort of go with the flow. There seems a certain avoidance of the word "toilet," for whatever reason. I guess some of us are uncomfortable with that word. Or maybe just the whole process, which is kind of yucky. "I gotta see a man about a horse."