• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the US the World's Laughing Stock?

Well?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Ya see, Statistics was not invented here; but it was almost invented here. There was less than a 5% chance of that happening, but (to everyone's surprise) it did happen. Instead we invented the income tax.

setarcos

The hopeful or the hopeless?
I think the majority of the time its herd mentality. Occasionally I'll come across someone who has a good grasp of the reasons behind their actions and reactions, backing them with rationality and data but not often. And even rarer is the individual who has the balls to act rightly even when they find themselves in the wrong.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not. All countries have their own issues. However, there's significant hostility toward the US because of, among other things, its history of military aggression and interventionism as well as some of the concepts of "freedom" that some Americans try to apply to other countries even though many of us find them both harmful and bizarre. These include viewing gun ownership as a basic right or believing that freedom of speech should be unlimited or at least not limited by hate speech laws.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The perspective of America “being a laughing stock” is simply a coping mechanism for people upset and envious over those who have it better than them.
Interesting enough this includes many leftist Americans, specifically the ones who take their precious freedom and opportunities here for granted.

America is an incredible place to live.

We Never Know

No Slack
Please give your reasons. As many as you wish to.

One reason....
-We have you now orange man! You have secret documents you should not have. No one does that and you need to be punished.

Months later...
-Biden... uh-oho_O! I have some too.

Weeks later...
-Pence... Eeek:eek:! I have some too

Currently...
-The Clintons, Bush and Obama... we better get rid of ours. Go fire up the furnace.

:p:D

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The Clintons, Bush and Obama... we better get rid of ours. Go fire up the furnace.
Obama would need them to be in a house, somewhere in the Middle East, possibly but probably not stuffed full of terrorists, and a drone to bomb them.
Clinton, we all know what he did, quit the crap, just say it, but just dispose of them on your own because we don't know where they've been or what's been done to them.
Bush Jr. could just have Chaney shoot anyone who looks in their general direction.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If America was a laughing stock, there would be more jokes about America.

no-knock-knock-jokes-about-america-thats-because-freedom-rings.jpg

Heyo

Veteran Member
Entertainment (see Hollywood) is the only thing left that the US is good at. It's a trillion dollar industry that even rakes in money from exports. That's mirrored in the government. The political actors mimic real actors (some even have experience with acting in TV series, a great plus for the voters).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya see, Statistics was not invented here; but it was almost invented here. There was less than a 5% chance of that happening, but (to everyone's surprise) it did happen. Instead we invented the income tax.
Unlike other countries (except Ukraine),
we elect comedians to high office.
And as another poster said, all those
****hole countries are just jealous.

Geeze Louise...it's easy to see which posters
have no sense of humor. It's a joke forum,
but all they can do is cry in their beer about
how horrible Ameristan is.
Hey ferriners, if ya don't like it here, leave it!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think America is a laughingstock here, although there are particular things which we chuckle about...and which deserve to be laughed at.

But there is a saying that when America sneezes, the whole world gets a cold. And more recently you seem to have moved past sneezing, and appear to have contracted some sort of STD. So we're mostly hoping you don't...well...I'm sure I can't say the next part without triggering language filters. It starts with f.