• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is it?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I find this comic very telling. Why is that when a guy has a girl other girls always seem to want him more? I swear when i was single i couldn't get the time of day but when i'm in a steady relationship they're buggin me all the time...
What's up w/ that???
Ladies???????

sf20050428.gif

Fluffy

A fool
Yeah I have noticed that but then again I have also noticed myself become more attracted to girls who are unattainable from time to time.

Maybe its just a jealousy thing. If you know someone is single then you can rely on them being your friend but as soon as they are someone elses then you start to become competitive.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
yeah i hear what ur saying Fluffy but i find that it seems to be more true w/ the ladies, and many ladies i talk to agree...

Melody

jewscout said:
I find this comic very telling. Why is that when a guy has a girl other girls always seem to want him more? I swear when i was single i couldn't get the time of day but when i'm in a steady relationship they're buggin me all the time...
Maybe they figure if someone wants you, that you must be worth having. A litmus test, if you will. :biglaugh:

What I really needed was a smiley that ducks and runs.

Fluffy

A fool
yeah i hear what ur saying Fluffy but i find that it seems to be more true w/ the ladies, and many ladies i talk to agree...
This would be true in my experience as well but I simply put that down to the fact that I am more likely to notice when girls do it as opposed to when guys do it. Also I only know girls from single sex schools (because we are surrounded by them) so i thought that this accounted for the discrepancy in their accounts as well.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Fluffy said:
This would be true in my experience as well but I simply put that down to the fact that I am more likely to notice when girls do it as opposed to when guys do it. Also I only know girls from single sex schools (because we are surrounded by them) so i thought that this accounted for the discrepancy in their accounts as well.
this just reminds me of Chris Rock...
he was talking about why it's so hard for men to not cheat...
he's like "Ladies, ya'll have been getting hit on since you were 13 years old, your used to it. Us guys, when a woman comes on to us we're like, 'Damn this must be my lucky day!'"
:biglaugh:

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
The last few SINFEST comics have been dealing with relationships, and the most recent one deals with the fact that we tend to like people that are already "taken".

This kind of disturbs me. Is this habit damaging, or just silly human nature?

(BTW, I highly recomend SINFEST, it's insanely funny sometimes)

I don't know if it's true for all guys, but it's definitely true for me--girls only become more attractive then they're taken. Ceridwen's a good example. :D

Hope

Princesinha
I don't care for going after guys who are already taken ( runs totally contrary to my ethical standards/moral beliefs ), however, I have noticed this: tons of married and 'taken' men have hit on me and/or 'checked me out'.

So I ask----why is this??? :eek:

Lookingformeaning

You know what I have noticed? That as soon as guys find out that lots of women want them after being in a relationship, all they wanna do is play one girl against the other, jump around, they dont want a relationship anymore.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Melody said:
Maybe they figure if someone wants you, that you must be worth having.
I second Melody's suggestion. :D

1) You're less threatening 'cause you're not looking/coming on to them. So they're more relaxed around you, more willing to consider you and then they notice your good qualities.

2) What Melody said. :D

3) They figure you are capable of commitment.

4) They want what they can't have.