• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is it hard for "white people" to acknowledge racism from other white people?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
let's try youtube.....

I watched a black guy go off for five minutes ....all about the white ******s

and his speech was sooooo far removed from English
I got nothing from his rant

this thread.......?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Without reading the article, I can certainly say that I've seen racism & other bigotry
(systemic & individual) in many venues...government, education, business, social.
Tis interesting how it's changed over the 50 years I've been watching it.

We'll see if I can work up the energy to read a Huff Po article.
(It's like making me watch Fox News! Ew.)

But if you're up for it, here's an article about a guy who's the
all time greatest at discussing race with a resistant audience.....
How One Man Convinced 200 Ku Klux Klan Members To Give Up Their Robes

I am off today while having a drink I will take a stab at your link

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
just this morning my favored news station on the radio reported.....

affluent blacks feel discriminated against
and 65% of non-affluent whites feel the same way

You're proving my point more and more this conversation, well your posts, focusing on blacks instead of racist white folks that are harming society

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yeah.........too bad you are relying upon generalizations, presumptions and unsubstantiated arguments.
Good luck with that.

But if you actually care about what is actually going on..........

If you cared to read the thread and links I displayed you wouldn't make such a stupid post. I spent my working hours contradicting a prejudiced poster's comments with links then here you come with stupid comments. How about going back and reading the links then my comment?

gnomon

If you cared to read the thread and links I displayed you wouldn't make such a stupid post. I spent my working hours contradicting a prejudiced poster's comments with links then here you come with stupid comments. How about going back and reading the links then my comment?

I read the OP.

I'll remember that in all the free hours I've spent on this forum bringing up the garbage plea bargaining system in this nation that disproportionately affects minorities, the overpolicing of poor and minority neighborhoods in this nation, how this nation imprisons more African Americans than that of Africans in apartheid South Africa......

edit: I apologize. Forgive me for the state I've been in. I should have said that I think you are over generalizing but I do know what you are talking about but I disagree. I feel like you have ignored the efforts of people of all stripes who have been arguing against the garbage laws that have disenfranchised minorities. The fact that you brought up that one instance with Trump.....it is not nearly representative of all the efforts made by so many people trying to bring attention to how our laws and the enforcement of those laws have been a continuing burden among minorities in our communities.

It's just your title of the OP and bringing up Trump......this issue has been going on for decades.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're proving my point more and more this conversation, well your posts, focusing on blacks instead of racist white folks that are harming society
I'm not the guy crutching on color

like I said.....do as I do and you are my equal

we can then struggle together in this economic society we call America

wear your pants like some clown and walk like a pimp
wag you head and use dialog not of English

and I will spend my time elsewhere
with my equals

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Here's an example what was claimed as white racism:
Not long before the L.A. Riots there were turf wars between gangs in L.A.over drug territories and people were being killed everyday, sometimes innocent people known as "mushrooms" because they just pop up. The high violence forced police to patrol those areas more which resulted in more interaction between police and a largely hostile population.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm not the guy crutching on color

like I said.....do as I do and you are my equal

we can then struggle together in this economic society we call America

wear your pants like some clown and walk like a pimp
wag you head and use dialog not of English

and I will spend my time elsewhere
with my equals

I actually like this post