• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Islam so dangerous?

Raymann

To me it’s more important to love people than to sit in judgement of them.
That's lovely but what do you do when the people you want to love do things like this:

Egypt: Kidnapped and forced converted to Islam
Girls in Egypt are abducted, tortured, raped, force converted to Islam and force to married Muslim men.
A video showing her admitting she has converted willingly is all the legal system needs to avoid prosecution.

Sri Lanka bomber visits Mosque before the attack.

Excerpt from the following article:
Who is Responsible for the Atrocities in the Muslim World?
"Trying to whitewash the damage that the Islamic ideology has done to the Muslim world, while putting the blame of Islamic atrocities on the West, will never help Muslims face their own failures and come up with progressive ways to resolve them."

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It wasn't too long ago when the world was immersed in WWI closely followed WWII. It was mostly the Christian countries that took up arms against each other fighting for God, King and country.

"God"?

You mean for the Führer...

WWII is probably the most destructive war on record.

Imagine what the crusades would have looked like if they had the same weaponry.

Six million Jews were put to death alongside other minorities as a result of a country whose population consisted of nearly 95% Christians.

Yes, racism is a nasty thing.

Okay. Now that we've covered those almost a centry old cows that have nothing to do with the OP of the current impact of Islam(ists) on the world today, perhaps you can stick to that topic instead of drifting off into irrelevant bits.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I don't know that it's Islam itself that's dangerous. As noted by others here, every religion has its share of fanatics and zealots who commit acts of violence and terror to further their agenda.

I think what we're really dealing with are variant forms of malignant nationalism. Much of it may have been initially well-intentioned, as a vehicle for opposing Western colonialism and imperialism, although it seems as if a monster has been created in the process.

I would also attribute much of it to the intrigue and duplicity of Cold War geopolitics. We in the West created numerous "monsters" in the Middle East due to our fears that the Soviet Union could do the same - while both sides were maneuvering for hegemony over that region.

"Is there any hope that this pattern is going to change?" We in the West could start to change by pulling our troops out of the Middle East and extricate ourselves from Middle Eastern politics. Leave these countries alone for a while, and then maybe they won't get so testy and violent.

Right, right....

Sunni's and shiites are killing eachother with suicide attacks, because of the cold war and western politics.

:rolleyes:

Come on man...

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why should we interfere or have anything to do with them whatsoever?

Because oil.

I've had a theory for a long time that states that the "middle east islam problem" is going to solve itself after we move on from oil. They would be completely and utterly unable to continue living as they do, if it weren't for the income of black gold. They'll have to earn their money in other ways and actually will need to compete on the international market. To be able to compete they will need to come up with innovative things. To be able to innovate and keep up with competition, they'll necessarily have to change their ways. I'm pretty convinced that it will solve itself afterwards. They'll be to busy trying to catch up with the rest of the world, to worry about their religious rules and sensitivities.

Right now, they can permit themselves just about anything. Because there is one certainty in this world currently: the west will be buying millions and millions of oil barrels from them every single day, week in, week out. Put a pin in that cash waterfall and see what happens next.

That's why I never really bought into the whole spiel about Islam being such a "dangerous" or "evil" religion. The reasons why people fight tend to fall into the same basic categories. True, religion is often a significant part of a nation's culture, but people are also driven by more basic motivations. Religious leaders can also be faulted whenever they decide they want to dabble in their national politics.

Many people in the west don't realise just how intertwined islam is with politics.
A secular democracy is almost seen as blasphemous as it puts "man's law" above "allah's law".

And as I say above, the prime reason how they manage to run medieval style countries in a 21st century modern world, is because they swim in black gold.

Remove that income source and their entire world will implode. Reforms will be their only way out. The reason why the west won the cold war, is because freedom wins over oppression. Freedom results in a free market of ideas, wich in turn results in more, and more creative, innovation which in turn results in capitalization and economic growth.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The problems in the Arab world are more a result of haves versus have nots. Healthcare, education and clean water.. arable land are the issues.

Ow yes, and when you have bad healthcare, education and clean water, you just HAVE to do stuff like this as per shariah rulings obviously:

upload_2019-5-2_20-22-5.png

Ow wait.... that's in KSA, a country of which you claimed that they were very modern and had great facilities and universities and what not...

oeps.

The terrorists tend to be drug addled gangs of the unemployed.

The above was done by state authorities. I'ld call them "terrorists" as well though. But likely the state authorities aren't whom you were referring to...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Right, right....

Sunni's and shiites are killing eachother with suicide attacks, because of the cold war and western politics.

:rolleyes:

Come on man...

You really think it's that far off the mark?

Answer this: How did these Sunnis and Shiites get the weapons they use to kill each other? Who provided them and why? Who gave them the training and the technology?

I mean, they've always had their religion, and there have always been a certain number of those who could be deemed fanatical and murderous. But they're considered more dangerous to the West now than they were 75-100 years ago. Why do you think that is?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That's absolute nonsense.

Is it?

I challenge you to google "mohammed cartoon", grap the picture and post it on twitter / instagram / whatever you prefer while mentioning your real name and address.

(ps: please don't - it's quite likely that it will not end well, I'm just making a point here).

I sure as hell wouldn't.
However, I'ld have NO PROBLEM AT ALL to post a MUCH MUCH WORSE cartoon of any of the following:
- Jesus
- Mozes
- Krshna
- Lord Xenu
- Shiva
- Buddha

And I'ld feel perfectly safe.

Why is that?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I spent 20 years in the ME..

As an american involved in oil.

And you were treated well in KSA? SHOCKING! :rolleyes:

Ivanka Trump was also very well received in KSA in her designer outfit and long, loose, blonde hair.
Meanwhile, I just read a story about 2 saudi women who fled the country fearing for their lives for having been seen speaking to the wrong male.

I like them..

They like your money.
And "they" being the KSA authorities and religious police, who no doubt left you and your fellow american oil workers alone.

You could start by NOT listening to the hate mongers like Horowitz, Spencer, Brigitte Gabriel and all those other clots with Jihad Watch.

You could start by not sticking your head so deep in the sand.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes, you keep claiming that. The part you seem loathe to accept is that sharia isn't the "cutting everyone's heads off" strawman version the fear mongers like to portray it as

I don't know what you are thinking off, but personally I judge "shariah" by how it is actually practiced in islamic countries, not by what right wingers have to say about it.

And a big aspect of how it is practiced and implemented is in fact cutting people's heads off. Along with public stoning, amputation of opposite hands and feet, lashes with a whip, etc.

As we've been over repeatedly, Muslims wanting sharia is no more sinister than Jews wanting Rabbinical courts, or Catholics wanting canon law.

I'm not aware of any catholics staging terror attacks hoping to bring nations to their knees just so they can implement those laws.

That being said, every single catholic that I know, doesn't want to live in a theocracy and is perfectly happy living in a secular democracy.

sooda

Veteran Member
As an american involved in oil.

And you were treated well in KSA? SHOCKING! :rolleyes:

Ivanka Trump was also very well received in KSA in her designer outfit and long, loose, blonde hair.
Meanwhile, I just read a story about 2 saudi women who fled the country fearing for their lives for having been seen speaking to the wrong male.

They like your money.
And "they" being the KSA authorities and religious police, who no doubt left you and your fellow american oil workers alone.

You could start by not sticking your head so deep in the sand.

Obviously you haven't traveled anywhere in the Arab world.. So.. enjoy your hate and ignorance.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You really think it's that far off the mark?

Yes.

Answer this: How did these Sunnis and Shiites get the weapons they use to kill each other?

They make their own suicide belts.

Who provided them and why? Who gave them the training and the technology?

Unless the purchase contract included a clause that the weapons had to be used to kill sunni's/shiites, that is a complete bs argument.

I mean, they've always had their religion

And they've been divided for much longer then the west supplied them with weapons.
They were already fighting in the earliest days after the split.

But they're considered more dangerous to the West now than they were 75-100 years ago. Why do you think that is?

Globalism and the resulting clash of cultures.
The thing that underlines it all, is their religious motivation. That's the core.

And it's not like muslims and christians were the greatest of friends more then a century ago...

I completely oppose this idea of it all being "our fault" ("our" being the west).
I even oppose the idea of us having to take some of the responsability.

Look at Japan for example.
Less then a century ago, they've been brought to their knees. Literally. The only country that ever had to deal with a nuke. And it were two of them. And look at them today. They prosper greatly and are among the most peacefull nations on the planet.

Not to say that "the west" has a spotless history off course - far from it.

But clearly, other things are determining factors here. At most, I might agree that certain things certainly didn't help. But sorry, their religion and beliefs, and actions resulting from that, are their own responsability.

FragrantGrace

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score
I don't care much about religion.
I'm not against any religion, don't get me wrong.
I even believe religious people (Christians mainly because I grew up among them) are good people. They seem to be genuinely loving people.
I cannot speak much about other religions on a personal level because I don't make many friends that are not Christians or Atheists. Not my choice, it just happens that way.
Like many people, I have spent many hours researching on Islam after 9/11 happened.
I live in New York City so that was very close to me.
My research findings tell me Islam is a very dangerous religion.
The closer Islam gets to you the more dangerous it gets.
That seems to be a fact.
I know that Muslims are going to ask me to prove it from the scriptures and that is a ridiculous request.
There are 52 or 53 Muslim countries in the world and I can assure you that any of them has some sort of religious tension, wars or religious related violence in them.
I can quickly come up with links to prove it.
Most of the world is still Christian majority and today you rarely will find religion related violence in them.
The question is why?
Is there any hope that this pattern is going to change?
Is there some kind of Islamic reform possible?
Is war against Islam inevitable?

Is Islamic reform possible? Not according to Islam and its tenets.
The best way to learn why Islam is a dangerous cult is to research Islam and its beginnings.
Muslims do not become saved in Islam. There is no guarantee of eternal salvation through the grace of Allah.
Muslims who die are not guaranteed paradise.
However, Muslims who die in Jihad, holy war in service to Allah, are.
The reason Islam is particularly dangerous to the west is because according to the Qur'an an enemy that strikes first is worthy of death.
Islamist terrorists are taught that this occurred the moment western values far more evolved than middle eastern Muslim one's entered into the Muslim lands. And with that brought western values, style of dress, and politic.
There are many sites that bring you the Qur'an in both Arabic and English translation. Though to fully understand the Qur'an it is best one reads Arabic. However, you will find many sites that inform you of Islam and its tenets. These include Sharia law. Which is a moral application as well as a social one in that there is Sharia law that governs commerce and banking.
The other reason Islamists hate the west pertains to not just Sharia but the commerce item under Sharia.

A great way to learn about Islam in practice is to hear from a former Muslim.
You Tube = Wafa Sultan

Islams tenets are also why the antisemitic American Representative Somali immigrant Ilhan Omar is not only not an American under Islam's tenets, but is also an enemy of the nation while serving in Congress. According to the tenets of Islam a Muslim may take an oath to office or citizenship of a western nation because they are in service to Allah. As are all Muslims by the way. Because the latter supersedes the former, i.e. the oath to Allah is superior to any oath taken to a political office or a nation, the Muslim is therein in Allah's favor because they are in Allah's service. What this behavior practice is called in Islam is Taqiya. Also called, kitmān.
This is in practice by Omar and was so by Barack H. Obama during his political career.

You have to understand something about Islam. Islam does not assimilate and co-exist. Islam teaches occupation and vanquishing the Kafir or Infidels. Unless they convert.
The entire history of Islam teaches this.

This is why Islamists have become particularly aggressive in America. This is why Dearborn Michigan is considered, little Saudi Arabia. Because Muslims have taken over that city and Sharia is in practice. Police there were taught a very valuable lesson about conceding to that fact some years ago when they violated Christian civil rights and sided with unlawful acts by offensive Muslims there.
This is why CAIR, a terrorist organization affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, has tried to enter our government run public schools so as to teach Islam and radicalize students.
They were removed from one school via lawsuit.

This is why Christian tenets are not taught in public schools but Muslim history and practice is.
There is a grassroots effort in America to interject Islamic values into all of America. And the staging point for this was 9-11.
Islamists viewed that day as victory. That is why a Muslim who colluded with terror groups when visiting the middle east tried to build a Mosque as close to ground zero as possible some years ago. Because during the holy wars era in ancient history when Muslim armies would gain victory over Christian warriors they would convert churches to mosques so as to overcome the Christian identity.
Thank GOD Donald Trump insured what was labeled the 9-11 mosque did not happen.

Anyway, too long a post. Do the research. Islam is built on terrorism. It has never ever been a religion of peace.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Obviously you haven't traveled anywhere in the Arab world..
I don't need to travel there to understand how life is like and what kind of nonsense is common practice...

Just like I don't need to travel to North Korea to know that it's not a place where you would want to live.
No matter what Dennis Rodman says.

So.. enjoy your hate and ignorance.

I don't hate, nore am I ignorant.
I just don't see the point in denying reality. You obviously do.

I note you still haven't acknowledged that stuff like depicted in that picture I posted actually happens in KSA. I'm sure you remember. You first insinuated that it was a picture from Iran, implying that stuff like that doesn't happen in KSA. Then I linked you several articles telling the exact story of that picture. Then you complained that those links didn't feature that picture, again implying that the pic might be from another country. Then I linked articles that also featured the picture.

And then it went dead silent.

You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that such practices are gruesome and cruel and that they happen in your beloved country.

But *I* am the ignorant one.... :rolleyes:

sooda

Veteran Member
Is Islamic reform possible? Not according to Islam and its tenets.
The best way to learn why Islam is a dangerous cult is to research Islam and its beginnings.
Muslims do not become saved in Islam. There is no guarantee of eternal salvation through the grace of Allah.
Muslims who die are not guaranteed paradise.
However, Muslims who die in Jihad, holy war in service to Allah, are.
The reason Islam is particularly dangerous to the west is because according to the Qur'an an enemy that strikes first is worthy of death.
Islamist terrorists are taught that this occurred the moment western values far more evolved than middle eastern Muslim one's entered into the Muslim lands. And with that brought western values, style of dress, and politic.
There are many sites that bring you the Qur'an in both Arabic and English translation. Though to fully understand the Qur'an it is best one reads Arabic. However, you will find many sites that inform you of Islam and its tenets. These include Sharia law. Which is a moral application as well as a social one in that there is Sharia law that governs commerce and banking.
The other reason Islamists hate the west pertains to not just Sharia but the commerce item under Sharia.

A great way to learn about Islam in practice is to hear from a former Muslim.
You Tube = Wafa Sultan

Islams tenets are also why the antisemitic American Representative Somali immigrant Ilhan Omar is not only not an American under Islam's tenets, but is also an enemy of the nation while serving in Congress. According to the tenets of Islam a Muslim may take an oath to office or citizenship of a western nation because they are in service to Allah. As are all Muslims by the way. Because the latter supersedes the former, i.e. the oath to Allah is superior to any oath taken to a political office or a nation, the Muslim is therein in Allah's favor because they are in Allah's service. What this behavior practice is called in Islam is Taqiya. Also called, kitmān.
This is in practice by Omar and was so by Barack H. Obama during his political career.

You have to understand something about Islam. Islam does not assimilate and co-exist. Islam teaches occupation and vanquishing the Kafir or Infidels. Unless they convert.
The entire history of Islam teaches this.

This is why Islamists have become particularly aggressive in America. This is why Dearborn Michigan is considered, little Saudi Arabia. Because Muslims have taken over that city and Sharia is in practice. Police there were taught a very valuable lesson about conceding to that fact some years ago when they violated Christian civil rights and sided with unlawful acts by offensive Muslims there.
This is why CAIR, a terrorist organization affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, has tried to enter our government run public schools so as to teach Islam and radicalize students.
They were removed from one school via lawsuit.

This is why Christian tenets are not taught in public schools but Muslim history and practice is.
There is a grassroots effort in America to interject Islamic values into all of America. And the staging point for this was 9-11.
Islamists viewed that day as victory. That is why a Muslim who colluded with terror groups when visiting the middle east tried to build a Mosque as close to ground zero as possible some years ago. Because during the holy wars era in ancient history when Muslim armies would gain victory over Christian warriors they would convert churches to mosques so as to overcome the Christian identity.
Thank GOD Donald Trump insured what was labeled the 9-11 mosque did not happen.

Anyway, too long a post. Do the research. Islam is built on terrorism. It has never ever been a religion of peace.

You certainly have a lot of strange ideas about Islam.

Have you ever lived around Muslims or in a Muslim country?

"Say: 'come let me recite to you what your Lord Has forbade for you:
that you should not set-up anything with Him.
And be kind to your parents;
and do not kill your unborn children for fear of poverty, We provide for you and for them;
and do not come near evil, what is openly of it, or secretly;
and do not kill the soul which GOD Has forbidden, except in justice. That is what He enjoined you that you may comprehend'.
'And do not come near the money of the orphan, except for what is best, until he reached his maturity;
and give honestly full measure and weight equitably. We do not burden a soul except by what it can bear.
And if you speak then be just even if against a relative;
and with pledges made to GOD you shall observe. This He Has enjoined you that you may remember'.
And this is *My path, a Straight One, so you shall follow it, and do not follow the other paths lest they divert you from His path. That is what He has enjoined you to that you may be righteous." (6:151-153)

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

As for the mosque....

5 Interesting Facts About the Mosque Near Ground Zero

1. Although it is referred to as Park 51, it is also called the ‘Cordoba House’.
  2. The controversy over the building of the mosque was owing to its proximity to the Ground Zero.
  3. The place has always been used as a place of worship.
5 Interesting Facts About the Mosque Near Ground Zero
www.magforwomen.com/interesting-facts-about-the-mosque-near-ground-zero/

sooda

Veteran Member
I don't need to travel there to understand how life is like and what kind of nonsense is common practice...

Just like I don't need to travel to North Korea to know that it's not a place where you would want to live.
No matter what Dennis Rodman says.

I don't hate, nore am I ignorant.
I just don't see the point in denying reality. You obviously do.

I note you still haven't acknowledged that stuff like depicted in that picture I posted actually happens in KSA. I'm sure you remember. You first insinuated that it was a picture from Iran, implying that stuff like that doesn't happen in KSA. Then I linked you several articles telling the exact story of that picture. Then you complained that those links didn't feature that picture, again implying that the pic might be from another country. Then I linked articles that also featured the picture.

And then it went dead silent.

You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that such practices are gruesome and cruel and that they happen in your beloved country.

But *I* am the ignorant one.... :rolleyes:

They did hang people in Asir.. The death penalty is gruesome and cruel.

I do think you are ignorant and hate-filled. … and nothing can change your mind.