• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Actually, you are morally obligated to have sex under God's command of "Go forth and multiply."

That point has been brought up previously on this topic. I don't think we are under the command from God to go forth and multiply. God told Noah and his sons to do so since everyone and everything had been erradicated from the earth due to the flood. As I've stated before, there was a neccessary need to do so and I don't see the need to do so in this day of age. If I did get married to a woman who was unable to bear children, would I be under violation of one of God's commands? I sure don't think so.

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I am wondering why you would equate homosexuality to a robbery. Robbing someone is wrong, and no one is happy in the end.
Homosexual relationships are based on love, and in the end have the same chances of causing hurt that a heterosexual relationship does.

My question had more to do with the philosophy of life that says "go with your gut, do what makes you happy and it won't be wrong," and I was using robbery as an illustration. With that mindset, on something LIKE robbery, to be consistent couldn't the robber say, "You may think it is wrong, but I am happy in the end, and my robbing partner is happy too. And really that's all that matters."? Is being happy the standard for what is right and wrong? Whose happiness?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
My question had more to do with the philosophy of life that says "go with your gut, do what makes you happy and it won't be wrong," and I was using robbery as an illustration. With that mindset, on something LIKE robbery, to be consistent couldn't the robber say, "You may think it is wrong, but I am happy in the end, and my robbing partner is happy too. And really that's all that matters."? Is being happy the standard for what is right and wrong? Whose happiness?

but to compare a victimless happiness (homosexuality) to a happiness that victimises someone (robbery) is not a good comparison. yes both may cause happiness for the people involved in the act, but one is at the expense of another's happiness, where as the other is inclusive and perpetuates another's happiness.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
but to compare a victimless happiness (homosexuality) to a happiness that victimises someone (robbery) is not a good comparison. yes both may cause happiness for the people involved in the act, but one is at the expense of another's happiness, where as the other is inclusive and perpetuates another's happiness.
Yeah, what he said.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Homosexuality isn't a sin, how can somthing that happens between two of gods creatures be a sin, surely if he was tha concerned then he would have made us incapable of homosexual relations, i mean he is all powerfull after all isn't he, c'mon this is the same god that created the earth and solar system and everything in it so why wouldn't he change something that upsets him so? Or maybe on the flip side of that it really doesn't upset him, it just goes against the control that was written by man in the form of the bible in his name, i think he would be more angry at those who would dare to write in his name to control the masses!

Shadow Wolf

If homosexuality is sin, then why is it possible to experience sexual pleassure, especially in men?
With men, the prostate gland has been labeled the "male g-spot" and is sexually stimulated during anal sex. Why would God have made it that way if he didn't want it that way?

JayHawes

If homosexuality is sin, then why is it possible to experience sexual pleassure, especially in men?
With men, the prostate gland has been labeled the "male g-spot" and is sexually stimulated during anal sex. Why would God have made it that way if he didn't want it that way?

Its called manilulation of what something was deisgned for.

This reminds me that guns are given to cops to intially protect citizens. However there are some who use guns to abuse, and even kill citizens. The intial intent of the invention is used adversely.

The same goes for homosexuality. God gave man a penis that is sexually pleasing during VAGINAL sex. However some would go adversely and rather use the male anal, which is deisgned for the purpose of excreting waste, not sex. It is simply manipulation of a natural design, people use things in ways it was not deisnged to be used.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Its called manilulation of what something was deisgned for.

This reminds me that guns are given to cops to intially protect citizens. However there are some who use guns to abuse, and even kill citizens. The intial intent of the invention is used adversely.

The same goes for homosexuality. God gave man a penis that is sexually pleasing during VAGINAL sex. However some would go adversely and rather use the male anal, which is deisgned for the purpose of excreting waste, not sex. It is simply manipulation of a natural design, people use things in ways it was not deisnged to be used.

I got a joke. " one day God will put a use your dick right sign on every man....lol (i did not bypass any filteration of the word, it allowed it therefore i should not get in trouble:D ).

Remember its a joke :biglaugh:

See I respect that thats the way you see it as thats what your bible teaches, what you need to get your head around is that not everyone follows the bible and the rules set in place by man inside it.
You would do well to respect how other people choose to live their lives and leave them to it and then maybe you will get respect in return.

JayHawes

Homosexuality isn't a sin, how can somthing that happens between two of gods creatures be a sin, surely if he was tha concerned then he would have made us incapable of homosexual relations, i mean he is all powerfull after all isn't he, c'mon this is the same god that created the earth and solar system and everything in it so why wouldn't he change something that upsets him so? Or maybe on the flip side of that it really doesn't upset him, it just goes against the control that was written by man in the form of the bible in his name, i think he would be more angry at those who would dare to write in his name to control the masses!

So murder isn't sin either, so i can kill you and not sin?. So stealing isn't sin?,Nor is me or anyone sleeping with your wife (if you have one) a sin?, since we are all "god's creatures"

*i am being sarcastic*

God created us free moral agents. He wants us to choose to be right. The Apostle Paul dealed with Homosexuals in his time he wrote:

1co 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, homosexuals,shall inherit the kingdom of God..."

God requires Change, we live in our sins, and homosexuality is one of them, he wants us to change,

2co 5:17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The Apostle Paul goes on to say that:

"And such were some of you (homosexuals, theives, adulterers, and so on): but ye are washed (forgiven of such sin) , but ye are sanctified (saved from such sin), but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God (made right with God becuase of Jesus)" 1 Co 6:11.

God does not agree with homosexuality, he wants those who pratice it to be saved just as much as anyone eles.

JayHawes

See I respect that thats the way you see it as thats what your bible teaches, what you need to get your head around is that not everyone follows the bible and the rules set in place by man inside it.
You would do well to respect how other people choose to live their lives and leave them to it and then maybe you will get respect in return.

Even if you dont hold any reverance to the Bible that doesn't change the fact that God views homosexuality as a sin, and it doesn't make God suddenly not exist. Its your choice, as a free moral agent as to whetehr or not you will choose to serve God, or ignore him, or even deny him. The latter two will cause you pain though....:eek:

p.s. - this is a biblical debate form, hence, the use of the bible is common here, and therefore needed.

kmkemp

Respect is not a sufficient replacement for men's souls.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
So murder isn't sin either, so i can kill you and not sin?. So stealing isn't sin?,Nor is me or anyone sleeping with your wife (if you have one) a sin?, since we are all "god's creatures"

*i am being sarcastic*

God created us free moral agents. He wants us to choose to be right. The Apostle Paul dealed with Homosexuals in his time he wrote:

1co 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, homosexuals,shall inherit the kingdom of God..."

God requires Change, we live in our sins, and homosexuality is one of them, he wants us to change,

2co 5:17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The Apostle Paul goes on to say that:

"And such were some of you (homosexuals, theives, adulterers, and so on): but ye are washed (forgiven of such sin) , but ye are sanctified (saved from such sin), but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God (made right with God becuase of Jesus)" 1 Co 6:11.

God does not agree with homosexuality, he wants those who pratice it to be saved just as much as anyone eles.

Could you come up with a strong argument without using your bible please?

JayHawes

Could you come up with a strong argument without using your bible please?

This Section of the site is called biblical debates....:sarcastic

i can though. I apply logic. A Woman has a vagina specially deisnged to fit a penis. She does not pee through this vagina, it is relatively inactive unless it is engaged by a man. The anal however is where waste exits our body. The penis ejaculates semen, semen can cause impregnation if inserted into the vagina. From logic, i gather that a Man's penis is supposed to go into a woman's vagina because it fits...lol....As for the anal hole, what if you get dookie on your penis?:eek: It's just not natural.

:biglaugh:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Respect is not a sufficient replacement for men's souls.

Respect is one of the things that not only makes civilization possible, but inhibits some people from becoming self-indulgent bores and fanatics.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma

i can though. I apply logic. A Woman has a vagina specially deisnged to fit a penis. She does not pee through this vagina, it is relatively inactive unless it is engaged by a man. The anal however is where waste exits our body. The penis ejaculates semen, semen can cause impregnation if inserted into the vagina. From logic, i gather that a Man's penis is supposed to go into a woman's vagina because it fits...lol....As for the anal hole, what if you get dookie on your penis?:eek: It's just not natural.

You are familliar with the female anatomy arn't you?

Just checking.

And fair play, you have me on the bible thing, I wasn't aware of where the debate was not so greatly placed. My bad.

Shadow Wolf

However some would go adversely and rather use the male anal, which is deisgned for the purpose of excreting waste, not sex.
You do know that women urinate from there viginal area don't you? It passes waste just the same as an anus. They both pass waste, and both can cause sexual pleasure when penetrated.

God gave man a penis that is sexually pleasing during VAGINAL sex.
Not true. There are several forms which stimulate the penis, and cause ejaculation. Vaginal sex is just one of them.

JayHawes

You do know that women urinate from there vigana don't you? It passes waste just the same as an anus. They both pass waste, and both can cause sexual pleasure when penetrated.

Not true. There are several forms which stimulate the penis, and cause ejaculation. Vaginal sex is just one of them.

Women have three holes.

1) Vagina- Birth/ penis canal
2) Pee hole
3) Anal- waste excretion

I have seen women secrete vaginal fluid from the vagina, this however is not urination, or waste, it is just as men emit semen during sexual stimulation. The Vagina is the only part of a woman meant specifically for penetration from a male. All others have their purpose ( i.e. the male anus, its not meant for penetration).

That is your definition of logic? Well, my opinion is anyone who infringes on the rights of others, even if they get their opionion from a book, should be shot. So, just because it says it is wrong in the bible doesn't amount to a mound of crap in my opinion, or in Gods opinion for that matter.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
JayHawes your argument is flawed, gay sex is no more of a sin then straight sex as we are all full of sin thats born from the seed of Adam and Eve.

You have no argument!

Status
Not open for further replies.