• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydaman

Monkey In A Suit
This apes story is also mentioned in Quran, that God converted a nation into monkeys coz of their dis-obedience.
Quran:2:65. And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."
Doesn't answer my question, at all.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Even now it's medically proven that certain sexually transmitted diseases are specific to gays -or- much more common in gays. Some cancers in HIV patients r exclusive to gay AIDS patients. I am a doctor myself. U can confirm it with any GOOD doc who knows about STDs & HIV.
Diseases are non-discriminate. They simply do not know gender, vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, oral, or whatnot. I am also wondering what medical school gave you a diploma, as it is medically acepted HIV, AIDS, and other STD's happen to both hetero and homosexuals. It is also medically accepted that sexual orientation is NOT chosen. If you really are a doctor, then you should know there has been alot of work done in the fields of genetics involving homosexualality. And in most cases, altering genes has produced homosexual beings.

JayHawes

Just another example of your ignorance...homosexuality has been seen in countless other species as well.

Apes have been inhabiting this earth for millions of years, way longer than any human...how can such a creature sin, before sin even existed?

Apes did not exist before man. But a common ancestor to apes existed before them. (If we believe in Evolution) Considering that man has existed for about 10,000 years, and that Apes have been around for all of those 10,000 years. It is safe to assume the obvious. If we go by the Genesis account all things that walked on land were created on the same day, Apes and Man included.

Do apes have homosexual tendencies?..i would love the proof for that....

JayHawes

Diseases are non-discriminate. They simply do not know gender, vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, oral, or whatnot. I am also wondering what medical school gave you a diploma, as it is medically acepted HIV, AIDS, and other STD's happen to both hetero and homosexuals. It is also medically accepted that sexual orientation is NOT chosen. If you really are a doctor, then you should know there has been alot of work done in the fields of genetics involving homosexualality. And in most cases, altering genes has produced homosexual beings.

Vital Statistics
Worldwide:
  • Over 22 million people have died from AIDS.
  • Over 42 million people are living with HIV/AIDS, and 74 percent of these infected people live in sub-Saharan Africa.
  • Over 19 million women are living with HIV/AIDS.
  • By the year 2010, five countries (Ethiopia, Nigeria, China, India, and Russia) with 40 percent of the world's population will add 50 to 75 million infected people to the worldwide pool of HIV disease.
  • There are 14,000 new infections every day (95 percent in developing countries). HIV/AIDS is a "disease of young people" with half of the 5 million new infections each year occurring among people ages 15 to 24.
  • The UN estimates that, currently, there are 14 million AIDS orphans and that by 2010 there will be 25 million.
United States:
  • An estimated one million people are currently living with HIV in the United States, with approximately 40,000 new infections occurring each year.
  • 70 percent of these new infections occur in men and 30 percent occur in women.
  • By race, 54 percent of the new infections in the United States occur among African Americans, and 64 percent of the new infections in women occur in African American women.
  • 75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted.
  • Half of all new infections in the United States occur in people 25 years of age or younger.
You can view the number of Homosexuals infected here (it wouldn't paste right):
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm

scroll down to AIDS Cases by Transmission Category

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Following is the distribution of the estimated number of diagnoses of AIDS among adults and adolescents by transmission category in the 50 states and District of Columbia. A breakdown by sex is provided where appropriate.
While it is true that being a homosexual male is medically classified as a HIV/AIDs high risk catagory, it does not mean the virus prefers homosexuals. It simple quite possible means the nature of HIV prefers the environment provided by the anus. Different viruses and bacteria need different environments to grow in. Apparently, the HIV favors warm and dry environments over warm and moist.

Phil Lawton

Originally Posted by 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

How odd...it's widely recognised that the term 'homosexual' was only first used in around 1869 in a pamphlet advocating the repeal of sodomy laws in Germany.

The Corinthians must have had a Tardis...far more convincing than asserting that someone with an agenda dabbled and edited the biblical text more recently.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i don't understand why the aids argument has even come up in this thread... yes, homosexuals are more likely to get aids, but individually speaking it is up to the person if they get aids or not due to the usage of protection of the refraining from having multiple partners.

and anyway, if the percentage of aids in a population is used to judge the morality of that population, surely lesbians are the most moral out of all of us.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

We already have if you look, a couple page back I posted some links and about a page back someone was else posted one to about it. But it seem you can see that because you really don't want to read it because it goes against your Holy Book right.

Phil Lawton

Considering that man has existed for about 10,000 years

Man has been around for far longer than 10,000 years - 40-50,000 years if you take it from the earliest artefacts found....3-4,000,000 years if you want the first man-like creatures.

and that Apes have been around for all of those 10,000 years.

Longer - between 5.5 million and 22 million years.

It is safe to assume the obvious.

Which is...?

If we go by the Genesis account all things that walked on land were created on the same day, Apes and Man included.

But as that's patently nonsense, we're not assuming that, correct?

I think you'd need to be introduced first.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Bible does say something about Lesbianism, but still essentially homosexuality means (same sexuality, which goes for both males and females).

Ro 1:26 -For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

What is and is not a sin is already in the bible. Anal sex between a married couple is not a sin, (of course if the anal belongs to a woman). Why is rape a sin? Becuase it is fornication - sexual immorality/ illicit sexual activity. Why do some apes have homosexual tendencies?...nature is messed up because of sin, they are not immune to it.

Actually, homosexuality and lesbianism would have been even more sharply defined in that culture than in our own. Rom. 1 says nothing about lesbianism. "Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural..." Women do not have intercourse with other women. They would have to have been having intercourse with male animals. Beastiality and lesbiansim are not the same thing.

Again, I challenge anyone to show me that sexual mores as presented in the Bible were not culturally-based and depend upon the nature of the covenant and/or upon the imbedded honor and shame within the different sexes.

sojourner

It's a sin coz God had said so. He does NOT need to give any reason to us. He is creater of universe. But still He does not make rules without any reason. There would be lots of side effects of being a gay that we may not know yet & coming time will tell us.

Even now it's medically proven that certain sexually transmitted diseases are specific to gays -or- much more common in gays. Some cancers in HIV patients r exclusive to gay AIDS patients. I am a doctor myself. U can confirm it with any GOOD doc who knows about STDs & HIV.

In Quran there is mention of a nation who were too much into homosexuality, God sent a Prophet to them to guide them & they made fun of that Prophet.
At last God sent 2 angles to punish that nation. When they came to Prophet in form of humans to inform Prophet of God's order. Some of gays of that nation tried to lure those angles. ultimately that nationed was vanished from world by order of God.

God says in Quran that if we'll not follow his teachings then it's not difficult for Him to replace us by ppl who would be obedient of Him.

It's a sin because the culture says so. The religion (as portrayed Biblically) backs up the cultural mores in that society.

God makes rules like: gravity, inertia, thermodynamics, terminal velocity, etc. But with regard to homosexuality??? If God created humans and animals and...if animals and many, many humans exhibit homosexual tendencies naturally (tendency, not choice), then that is how God has chosen to create us.

God has "seen fit" to provide us with UTI's when we have too much heterosexual intercourse, too...doesn't make it wrong or sinful...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
How odd...it's widely recognised that the term 'homosexual' was only first used in around 1869 in a pamphlet advocating the repeal of sodomy laws in Germany.

The Corinthians must have had a Tardis...far more convincing than asserting that someone with an agenda dabbled and edited the biblical text more recently.
homosexual (adj.) 1892, in C.G. Chaddock's translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia Sexualis," from homo-, comb. form of Gk. homos "same" (see same) + Latin-based sexual (see sex).
" 'Homosexual' is a barbarously hybrid word, and I claim no responsibility for it." [H. Havelock Ellis, "Studies in Psychology," 1897]​
The noun is first recorded 1912 in Eng., 1907 in French. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929. The alternative homophile (1960) was coined in ref. to the homosexual regarded as a person of a particular social group, rather than a sexual abnormality. Homo-erotic first recorded 1916; homophobia is from 1969.

Haydaman

Monkey In A Suit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydaman
Excuses, excuses, excuses....

Are you going to contribute anything relevant to the discussion?
Well now, sorry...I meant to quote something else...have no idea how that happened. Anyway, I'm on your side! I meant to quote this!
I just want you to know that Jesus loves you.
Apes did not exist before man.
Your humor is dually noted.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I tend to agree with those saying that acting homosexual feelings is the sin and not being a homosexual yourself. I don't look at homosexuality as any more sinful than the kinds of sinful tendancy the everyday person goes through in their life. Being 24 years old, I have plenty of sexual urges and to think that a man/woman can have those same feelings for the same sex and not be able to act on them would be tremendously difficult.

I also tend to think that among others, homosexuality is the result of genetics. I'll throw my 2 cents out there and see what you guys think:

Adam and Eve had the perfect example of living in perfect harmony and communion with God. I guess it's hard for me to think that homosexuality was God's intention since it wasn't evident in the Garden of Eden. I would think that if Adam and Eve never sinned and we were all living in the Garden of Eden at this time, we wouldn't see homosexuality. I can't speak for God but just my thought. Now, when sin entered the world and basically corrupted perfection, whats to say that it didn't even corrupt DNA itself? Would Adam and Eve and their heirs have to worry about cancer, heart disease, MS, etc...? Sin effected our relationship with God, our relationship with other husbands/wives, our relationships with our offspring, and our relationships with God's creation.

I look at homosexuality as a heavy cross to bear. Again, it's not being a homosexual that's the sin, but when you act on your sexual feelings that's the sin. Just like if I was to act on mine with my girlfiend. It seems evident to me that God intended sex to be between male and female in the context of marriage. Maybe you see apes having sex in the same gender but I don't think that gives us the excuse to do the same. After all, they were effected by sin just as much as we were.

sojourner

I tend to agree with those saying that acting homosexual feelings is the sin and not being a homosexual yourself. I don't look at homosexuality as any more sinful than the kinds of sinful tendancy the everyday person goes through in their life. Being 24 years old, I have plenty of sexual urges and to think that a man/woman can have those same feelings for the same sex and not be able to act on them would be tremendously difficult.

I also tend to think that among others, homosexuality is the result of genetics. I'll throw my 2 cents out there and see what you guys think:

Adam and Eve had the perfect example of living in perfect harmony and communion with God. I guess it's hard for me to think that homosexuality was God's intention since it wasn't evident in the Garden of Eden. I would think that if Adam and Eve never sinned and we were all living in the Garden of Eden at this time, we wouldn't see homosexuality. I can't speak for God but just my thought. Now, when sin entered the world and basically corrupted perfection, whats to say that it didn't even corrupt DNA itself? Would Adam and Eve and their heirs have to worry about cancer, heart disease, MS, etc...? Sin effected our relationship with God, our relationship with other husbands/wives, our relationships with our offspring, and our relationships with God's creation.

I look at homosexuality as a heavy cross to bear. Again, it's not being a homosexual that's the sin, but when you act on your sexual feelings that's the sin. Just like if I was to act on mine with my girlfiend. It seems evident to me that God intended sex to be between male and female in the context of marriage. Maybe you see apes having sex in the same gender but I don't think that gives us the excuse to do the same. After all, they were effected by sin just as much as we were.

How can any true expression of love be sin???

Status
Not open for further replies.