• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is cain not mentioned in the geneology of Adam?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Nope Nimrod was after the flood and he was the first born of the new Kenites who built Babylon. Proof in scripture as already been provided in previous threads.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Heteropaternal superfecundation (Separate fertilization in the same womb) has been involved in 2.4% of paternity suits since 1994.

The odds of it happening are irrelevant really. The bible also says Adam lived some 800 odd years. The odds of that happening are 0% in today's world yet it happened in Genesis.

Thats cool Heneni I am not here to prove anything to anyone really. Just giving people a different way to explore Christianity. If you like it fine, if you don't then that is fine too. We all have the right to believe whatever we want to. :angel2:

Heneni

Miss Independent
The odds of it happening are irrelevant really. The bible also says Adam lived some 800 odd years. The odds of that happening are 0% in today's world yet it happened in Genesis.

Thats cool Heneni I am not here to prove anything to anyone really. Just giving people a different way to explore Christianity. If you like it fine, if you don't then that is fine too. We all have the right to believe whatever we want to. :angel2:

Um...actually im not so sure if christians have to luxury to believe whatever we want.Do we? I know we are never going to agree 100% but surely we dont have a liscence to kill truth.

I have considered the theory of satan having relations with eve and have carefully weighed the evidence. And there are a few things that just dont add up. The fact that eve would have committed adultery, which god later in the law said was punishable by death , yet eve wasnt killed for sleeping with satan? Also, if eating from the tree was sexual relations then they had sexual relations with every tree. Thats just not plausible, um actually that would border on absurd.

Cain was however in the spiritual geneology of the evil one.

Im of the opinion that when cain killed his brother he recieved a mark. That mark was a half man half goat appearance. Which made him a wanderer. He became what is known as azazel. And due to his appearance everyone that found him would want to kill him. But that is another story for another day. Do a wiki on azazel and you will see that he was a wanderer in the wilderness just like cain was cursed to be a wanderer. Maybe a coincidence sure, im willing to accept that.

But satan having sex with eve...there has to be more evidence to the fact I think.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Nope Nimrod was after the flood and he was the first born of the new Kenites who built Babylon. Proof in scripture as already been provided in previous threads.
10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.,10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
10:4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

Noah begat Ham, Ham begat Cush, Cush begat Nimrod.

Noah was a direct decedent of Seth.

The Kenites were a nomadic tribe during Abrahams time (Genesis 15:18-21)
Moses's wife and father in law were Kenites (Judges 1:16)
The Kenites traveled with Moses to Canaan (Judges 1:16)
Saul told the Kenites "Ye showed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt," (1st Samuel 15:6)
King David shared the spoils of war with the Kenites (1sr Samuel 30:29)

Enoch07

Premium Member
No one is killing truth here. You have your version I have mine. No one really knows the full truth till the end of your life, so unless someone here is posting from the afterlife, nothing can be proved or disproved 100%. As far as I am concerned the forbidden fruit tale is more than enough evidence. Do you know why the Bible is written with hidden meanings? To protect the innocent. Do you really wanna describe three way sex between a man, a woman, and a fallen angel to a 5 year old child? It would be psychologically devastating. It is wrote in ways to protect innocent minds. Only a mature, knowledgeable mind can begin to comprehend the truth.

Another example. Genesis 9:22 - 27. Please go read it if your interested, before continuing.

Do you realize it is talking about Ham (Noahs son) sneaking into his fathers hut while he and his wife ( Hams mother) was passed out drunk, then raping his own mother. That is why Noah is cursing Canaan the incestuous son of Ham and his own mother in Genesis 9:25. You cannot explain this to a child. You have to hide the meaning in a non vulgar way.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
No one is killing truth here. You have your version I have mine. No one really knows the full truth till the end of your life, so unless someone here is posting from the afterlife, nothing can be proved or disproved 100%. As far as I am concerned the forbidden fruit tale is more than enough evidence. Do you know why the Bible is written with hidden meanings? To protect the innocent. Do you really wanna describe three way sex between a man, a woman, and a fallen angel to a 5 year old child? It would be psychologically devastating. It is wrote in ways to protect innocent minds. Only a mature, knowledgeable mind can begin to comprehend the truth.

Another example. Genesis 9:22 - 27. Please go read it if your interested, before continuing.

Do you realize it is talking about Ham (Noahs son) sneaking into his fathers hut while he and his wife ( Hams mother) was passed out drunk, then raping his own mother. That is why Noah is cursing Canaan the incestuous son of Ham and his own mother in Genesis 9:25. You cannot explain this to a child. You have to hide the meaning in a non vulgar way.
Interesting supposition, you claim the wife was left completely out of the tale to spare innocent minds. That Ham "seeing him naked" then going and telling his brothers was actually rape of the mother. To protect the innocent this was left out.

Genesis 19:30-38 Lot is raped by his daughters after they get him drunk.
Genesis 38:8-10 Onin practices Coitus Interruptus with his dead brothers wife.
Leviticus 15:16-18 Instructions on what to do if you get your "seed" on yourself, your clothes, or your partner.
Judges 19:22-30 A mob rapes a concubine all night, when she returns to her Levite master, he cuts her to pieces.

Protecting the innocent. OK:no:

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
Interesting supposition, you claim the wife was left completely out of the tale to spare innocent minds. That Seth "seeing him naked" then going and telling his brothers was actually rape of the mother. To protect the innocent this was left out.

Wow I have no idea where you are getting that from. You really pulled that one out of thin air.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Interesting supposition, you claim the wife was left completely out of the tale to spare innocent minds. That (Edit) Ham "seeing him naked" then going and telling his brothers was actually rape of the mother. To protect the innocent this was left out.

Wow I have no idea where you are getting that from. You really pulled that one out of thin air.
Are you talking about the wrong brother, or the whole post?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Genesis 19:30-38 Lot is raped by his daughters after they get him drunk.
Genesis 38:8-10 Onin practices Coitus Interruptus with his dead brothers wife.
Leviticus 15:16-18 Instructions on what to do if you get your "seed" on yourself, your clothes, or your partner.
Judges 19:22-30 A mob rapes a concubine all night, when she returns to her Levite master, he cuts her to pieces.

Protecting the innocent. OK:no:

Yeah protecting the innocent :yes:. Are you gonna read those verses you listed to your children? No. No sane parent would. Children ask questions like how life began etc. So the truth of Eden was hidden so that you can still tell your children what happened but without having them demented. Same goes for Noah's Ark, it is a very popular story for children, you can even buy little a plastic Noah, Ark, and animals to go on the ark. Again the truth behind the story is hidden to protect childrens innocent minds. God knew all this way before hand so He chose to hide the true meanings, because these are some of childrens favorite stories.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yeah protecting the innocent :yes:. Are you gonna read those verses you listed to your children? No. No sane parent would. Children ask questions like how life began etc. So the truth of Eden was hidden so that you can still tell your children what happened but without having them demented. Same goes for Noah's Ark, it is a very popular story for children, you can even buy little a plastic Noah, Ark, and animals to go on the ark. Again the truth behind the story is hidden to protect childrens innocent minds. God knew all this way before hand so He chose to hide the true meanings, because these are some of childrens favorite stories.
So...some stories are edited, but others are not?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Looking through a Childrens Bible, I see many popular childrens stories that are full of sex and violence in the original Hebrew Bible, yet edited in the childrens Bible.
Do you really believe the authors of the OT were concerned about childrens sensibilities?
The flood story itself starts out with sex between sons of God and daughters of men. And giants getting a piece of the action.
Your argument of censorship by God (or the authors) is falling down all around you.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I do not know what kind of children books you are looking at but I am sure defacs would love to know, so maybe you should report it. I have never seen a childrens book with sex in it.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I do not know what kind of children books you are looking at but I am sure defacs would love to know, so maybe you should report it. I have never seen a childrens book with sex in it.

:slap:

Looking through a Childrens Bible, I see many popular childrens stories that are full of sex and violence in the original Hebrew Bible, yet edited in the childrens Bible

Read before you post.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Then why did you even post? Your just agreeing with me. God edited the story of adam and eve and noah to protect children, because these stories are popular childrens stories.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Then why did you even post? Your just agreeing with me. God edited the story of adam and eve and noah to protect children, because these stories are popular childrens stories.

OK, let me say this real slow for you.....

The Hebrew Bible ( the Old Testament)
has stories full of sex and violence in them....(not edited for children)
In a popular Childrens Bible....
These same stories are included...(edited for children)
If these were to be popular childrens stories....(in the Childrens Bible)
Why were they not edited in the original version...(The Hebrew Bible)
As you claim other stories were? (For the sake of the children)

Heneni

Miss Independent

I think you need to unmature that mind of yours a little. If eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evils fruit was having sex with satan, then who would they have had sex with while eating of the tree of life?

Enoch07

Premium Member
OK, let me say this real slow for you.....

The Hebrew Bible ( the Old Testament)
has stories full of sex and violence in them....(not edited for children)
In a popular Childrens Bible....
These same stories are included...(edited for children)
If these were to be popular childrens stories....(in the Childrens Bible)
Why were they not edited in the original version...(The Hebrew Bible)
As you claim other stories were? (For the sake of the children)

I already told you that. Adam and Eve (The story of creation) and Noahs Ark are popular childrens stories. Why? Because children ask where we came from hence you tell them the story of Adam and Eve (If your Christian). God wrote the story in a way that you could explain it to the child without hurting them. The other stories that flat out talk about sex, rape, etc are not stories your children ask about nor do you tell to your children about them hence no need to edit them. Thats just common sense. Stop asking a question you have already received the answer to, or I will report you for harassment.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Your taking it to literally Heneni.

No I think you are being selective here. If eating of the fruit of one tree is considered to be sexual relations edited to spare the little childrens nerves, how come eating from another tree, the tree of life, was not. There are no children here, you can explain that for me if you can.

heneni

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I already told you that. Adam and Eve (The story of creation) and Noahs Ark are popular childrens stories. Why? Because children ask where we came from hence you tell them the story of Adam and Eve (If your Christian). God wrote the story in a way that you could explain it to the child without hurting them. The other stories that flat out talk about sex, rape, etc are not stories your children ask about nor do you tell to your children about them hence no need to edit them. Thats just common sense. Stop asking a question you have already received the answer to, or I will report you for harassment.

OK, so you assume what an inquisitive childs' mind will ask. Got it. You obviously have no children.
Although I will not ask again, it is simply because I do not expect a rational response.

And if cannot defend you position without complaining "quit picking on me", you should never have posited such an outlandish claim.