• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is cain not mentioned in the geneology of Adam?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
No I think you are being selective here. If eating of the fruit of one tree is considered to be sexual relations edited to spare the little childrens nerves, how come eating from another tree, the tree of life, was not. There are no children here, you can explain that for me if you can.

heneni

Because eating of the fruit of the Tree of Life would be Adam and Eve is making love as God intended. Eating of the Tree of Knowledge means allowing Satan to participate.

Cain wasn't listed because he was the 1st human to be cast off from the ranks of God's people. Remember that in the Hebrew culture, if a person was cast off, they were removed from heirship, and a place in family history. Cain wasn't listed for the simple fact that he was in a state of disgrace. Not seen as worthy of recognition any time after his fall and subsiquent founding of a city.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Ah but he was listed. Completely separate from Adam's genealogy. His ancestors are mentioned all throughout the Bible. If you know where to look.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Cain wasn't listed because he was the 1st human to be cast off from the ranks of God's people. Remember that in the Hebrew culture, if a person was cast off, they were removed from heirship, and a place in family history. Cain wasn't listed for the simple fact that he was in a state of disgrace. Not seen as worthy of recognition any time after his fall and subsiquent founding of a city.

Interesting. Thank you for the contribution.

bluZero

That is well said; however, saying he had no city puts you in error.
This is Cain's downline.

(Gen 10:8) And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
(Gen 10:9) He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
(Gen 10:10) And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
That is well said; however, saying he had no city puts you in error.
This is Cain's downline.

(Gen 10:8) And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
(Gen 10:9) He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
(Gen 10:10) And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

Nope....
10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.,10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
10:4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

Noah (descended from Adam) begat Ham, Ham begat Cush, Cush begat Nimrod.

bluZero

Nope....
10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.,10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
10:4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

Noah (descended from Adam) begat Ham, Ham begat Cush, Cush begat Nimrod.

Nope, I Take it is to say that Nimrod the mighty hunter, and his city of babel is not the downline of Cain. right. where do you get you information that says babel is a city of God. (Gen 10:10) And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
(Gen 10:11) Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
(Gen 10:12) And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same [is] a great city.

And all these cities were in the down line leading to Jerusalem the city of David. Don't you know that the Godly had godly downlines and he wicked had ungodly downlines? Or are you just misguided?:slap:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Nope, I Take it is to say that Nimrod the mighty hunter, and his city of babel is not the downline of Cain. right.
Correct, in the story of Adam and his decedents, Cain has no bloodline on the Ark. Pretty simple really.
where do you get you information that says babel is a city of God. (Gen 10:10) And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
Who said anything about a City of God, I merely corrected your genealogical mistake.
(Gen 10:11) Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
(Gen 10:12) And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same [is] a great city.

And all these cities were in the down line leading to Jerusalem the city of David.
OK
Don't you know that the Godly had godly downlines and he wicked had ungodly downlines? Or are you just misguided?:slap:

And this proves Cain was a direct ancestor of Nimrod how?

bluZero

Correct, in the story of Adam and his decedents, Cain has no bloodline on the Ark. Pretty simple really.

Maybe not, but wickedness is in the heart of man, Even Noah cursed his grandson, hence wickedness begins again. Wickedness is not a bloodline, but a down line.

Who said anything about a City of God, I merely corrected your genealogical mistake.
it was not geological mistake, just you error in not understand scripture. it is merely evidence of Cain's downline.
OK

And this proves Cain was a direct ancestor of Nimrod how?

Cain was a murder! CAIN ALSO = KENITE, they were not of the tribes in the downline of Israel. and all the wicked in their hearts are murderers, The Lord says if you hate you brother you are a murderer, ad infinitum. SAY, MAYBE LIKE A NEW SPECIES.
He was of the accursed, cast offs from the sons of God. God has three kinds of righteous and three kinds of unrighteous, GOLD, SILVER, AND Precious stones, Then there is wood, hay, and stubble. He also separates the good cattle from the bad, and the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares, etc But God in his good mercy allows it to rain upon the wicked as well as the righteous. Then there was Esau whom God hated which also became a downline of the murderer.
Babel was a wicked city also.
Ninevah was an Assyrian nation an enemy of God, yet they did repent at the threat of God delivered by the hand of Jonah.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Maybe not, but wickedness is in the heart of man, Even Noah cursed his grandson, hence wickedness begins again. Wickedness is not a bloodline, but a down line.

it was not geological mistake, just you error in not understand scripture. it is merely evidence of Cain's downline

No, not a geological mistake, a genealogical mistake.
DO you have scriptural backing for this so called "downline"? And how this "downline" traveled to Nimrod?

bluZero

No, not a geological mistake, a genealogical mistake.
DO you have scriptural backing for this so called "downline"? And how this "downline" traveled to Nimrod?
I thought that was funny when I wrote it, but sometimes it happens, sorry, and thanks for the correction.

I FIGURED YOU WOULD ASK SO I DID A LITTLE HOMEWORK. I had to go toa source i believe is the best for me,
" How does this time compare with the Biblical chronology? In Genesis 10 the notice is given that the first building activity after the flood is that of Nimrod, the beginning of whose kingdom was Babel, Erech, and Accad, all of them in the land of Shinar (Gen 10:10). When did Nimrod come upon the scene? His genealogical descent is that of Noah, Ham, Cush, Nimrod (Gen. 10:1, 6, 8). The Bible offers no timetable for this side of the family tree, but it does offer precise information regarding the genealogical statements of the Bible, it might be noted that very often two branches of the tree are offered. One is that of the descendants leading eventually to Christ and about which precise timetables are given, as we have seen. The second is the genealogical descent of that side of the family which turned away from God. It can be shown that the timetable of these two lines run roughly parallel.
It may be assumed that Ham and Shem were contemporaries (they obviously were, inasmuch as they were brothers), that Arpachshad and Cush were nearly contemporaries, and that Shelah and Nimrod were probably men of the same period of history.
After this in of no use to you to determine the downline. But you an use it to match up with archaeology.
Thus, if Shelah’s date is known, it may be surmised that Nimrod’s was close to the same date.
Shelah’s date by Biblical reckoning was 4050 B.C. to 3617 B.C. Nimrod must have lived about this time. Thus, the Bible suggests a date of about 3900 B.C. to 3617 B.C. for the founding of the great cities of the Mesopotamia Valley. The date suggested by the evidence of archaeology (3700-3500 B.C.) accords very well with the Biblical statement. Got to get my zzz, later.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I thought that was funny when I wrote it, but sometimes it happens, sorry, and thanks for the correction.

I FIGURED YOU WOULD ASK SO I DID A LITTLE HOMEWORK. I had to go toa source i believe is the best for me,
" How does this time compare with the Biblical chronology? In Genesis 10 the notice is given that the first building activity after the flood is that of Nimrod, the beginning of whose kingdom was Babel, Erech, and Accad, all of them in the land of Shinar (Gen 10:10). When did Nimrod come upon the scene? His genealogical descent is that of Noah, Ham, Cush, Nimrod (Gen. 10:1, 6, 8). The Bible offers no timetable for this side of the family tree, but it does offer precise information regarding the genealogical statements of the Bible, it might be noted that very often two branches of the tree are offered. One is that of the descendants leading eventually to Christ and about which precise timetables are given, as we have seen. The second is the genealogical descent of that side of the family which turned away from God. It can be shown that the timetable of these two lines run roughly parallel.
It may be assumed that Ham and Shem were contemporaries (they obviously were, inasmuch as they were brothers), that Arpachshad and Cush were nearly contemporaries, and that Shelah and Nimrod were probably men of the same period of history.
After this in of no use to you to determine the downline. But you an use it to match up with archaeology.
Thus, if Shelah’s date is known, it may be surmised that Nimrod’s was close to the same date.
Shelah’s date by Biblical reckoning was 4050 B.C. to 3617 B.C. Nimrod must have lived about this time. Thus, the Bible suggests a date of about 3900 B.C. to 3617 B.C. for the founding of the great cities of the Mesopotamia Valley. The date suggested by the evidence of archaeology (3700-3500 B.C.) accords very well with the Biblical statement. Got to get my zzz, later.

Yay, Harold Camping quote........
But I see no mention of Cain, whose descendants drowned in the story of the flood. Nor any information on a scriptural "downline" from Cain to Nimrod.

bluZero

Yay, Harold Camping quote........
But I see no mention of Cain, whose descendants drowned in the story of the flood. Nor any information on a scriptural "downline" from Cain to Nimrod.

Great, you believe his reply?
Or,
I guess you just do not know how to comprehend scripture.
Or
you will just have to live with your own preconceived ideas.
Or
It is a difficult thing to be told something you did not know when you think you know it all.
Or
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead."

Sonic247

Since Cain was given his own genealogy [Genesis 4:17-24] perhaps he was not Adam's son. Have you ever noticed how similar the names in Cain's genealogy are to that of Adam's......as if it's a counterfeit copy?

Why does [1 John 3:12] seem to imply that Cain was of another....not Adam.
I didn't look up the verse but I think that must be where it refers to Cain being "of that wicked one": this is a reference to Satan. You can see this concept is used when Jesus is rebuking the Pharisees and says "you are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father ye will do" he goes on to say how Satan was a liar and murderer- the sin of Cain. Hope that helped.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Great, you believe his reply?
Or,
I guess you just do not know how to comprehend scripture.
Oh I comprehend scripture very well. What I do not comprehend is someone who inserts their own "interpretations" into the story of Genesis.
Cain was a murder! CAIN ALSO = KENITE, they were not of the tribes in the downline of Israel. and all the wicked in their hearts are murderers, The Lord says if you hate you brother you are a murderer, ad infinitum. SAY, MAYBE LIKE A NEW SPECIES.

Cain was not a Kenite, this is an insertion by you and is not scriptural.
Genesis 15:18-21 (New International Version)

18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river [a] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates- 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girga****es and Jebusites."

Judges 1:16 (New International Version)

16 The descendants of Moses' father-in-law, the Kenite, went up from the City of Palms [a] with the men of Judah to live among the people of the Desert of Judah in the Negev near Arad.

Exodus 2:21 (New International Version)

21 Moses agreed to stay with the man, who gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage.

1 Samuel 15:6 (New International Version)

6 Then he said to the Kenites, "Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt." So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites.

You fail in the comprehension of your own scriptures. You should try reading the Bible itself, rather than following the teachings of a man.

Regarding Cains entrance into the world, you might want to check out the word that has shown me that Cain was not of Adam's seed. The word is "gotten". Do research on that word and you will find Cain could not have been of Adam's seed, also Eve's lord became satan after she had went against God's word, she also added her own word which fulfilled itself the word "touch it".
my 2 cents