• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is cain not mentioned in the geneology of Adam?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hi there.

In genesis 5:4 onwards the geneology of adam is given starting with seth. We know that abel was killed.

But why does the bible not include cain in the geneology of adam?

Heneni

Hi there.

In genesis 5:4 onwards the geneology of adam is given starting with seth. We know that abel was killed.

Heneni

There were more sons and daughters of Adam and Eve which also are not mentioned. When listing a genealogy, it isn't necessary to list all the siblings or children.

After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. (Genesis 5:4)

Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. (1 Timothy 1:4)

Does that help?

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (Acts 17:26)

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22)

All men descend from Adam and are therefore subject to death. It makes no difference which child of Adam you descend from. You are still subject to death because you are a descendant (of the same blood) as Adam.

Hawkeye

Since Cain was given his own genealogy [Genesis 4:17-24] perhaps he was not Adam's son. Have you ever noticed how similar the names in Cain's genealogy are to that of Adam's......as if it's a counterfeit copy?

Why does [1 John 3:12] seem to imply that Cain was of another....not Adam.

gnostic

The Lost One
Hi there.

Heneni
What do you mean?

There is short genealogy of Cain in chapter 4. I don't think it was necessary to list his descendants again in chapter 5.

The bible also mentioned Adam and Eve having other children, but they gave names to any other except Cain, Abel and Seth. Seth is more important than any other lines, from Judaeo-Christian views.

And if the Flood did happen (and if you believe it), then the Cainites would have been wiped out of existence...but then again I don't believe in the Flood any more than I believe in Cain.

Since Cain was given his own genealogy [Genesis 4:17-24] perhaps he was not Adam's son. Have you ever noticed how similar the names in Cain's genealogy are to that of Adam's......as if it's a counterfeit copy?

All people on earth are descended from Adam. That is why all people die.

Why does [1 John 3:12] seem to imply that Cain was of another....not Adam.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. (1 John 3:12)

1 John 3:12 says nothing about Cain’s ancestry.

All people are of Satan until they are redeemed by Christ.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:17-18)

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (Romans 3:10)

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements: once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations: it is most holy unto the LORD. (Exodus 30:10)

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. (Hebrews 7:26-27)

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (1 Peter 1:18-19)

Heneni

Miss Independent
I know that cain has his own geneology. What im asking is why is he not mentioned together with adams geneoloy. Noah's geneology tells us what happened to each of his sons and their geneology. Not so with adam. Adams geneology skips his son cain.

For example when the bible gives the geneology of naoh..genesis 10:29...it lists those of all three his sons together.

Heneni

I know that cain has his own geneology. What im asking is why is he not mentioned together with adams geneoloy. Noah's geneology tells us what happened to each of his sons and their geneology. Not so with adam. Adams geneology skips his son cain.

For example when the bible gives the geneology of naoh..genesis 10:29...it lists those of all three his sons together.

Heneni

What difference does it make to you? Christ descended from Seth.

As for Cain, he descended from Adam and had descendants of his own. Cain's father was Adam. His brothers' and sisters' father was Adam. Why aren't they listed?

Heneni

Miss Independent
What difference does it make to me? Oh i dont know...what difference does it make to me whether you answer my questions or not. It makes no difference, but it sure is good to talk about stuff. Unless your 'what difference does it make' ...means 'leave it alone'.

Cains is not mentioned in adams geneology because cain was cursed. He himself, as a person, was cursed. When adam and eve sinned the ground was cursed not they themselves. Maybe that has something to do with it. I dont think that this will revolutionize the world, its only a post on a forum in the darkest recesses of the internet. Cama see camma sa.

Heneni

What difference does it make to me? Oh i dont know...what difference does it make to me whether you answer my questions or not. It makes no difference, but it sure is good to talk about stuff. Unless your 'what difference does it make' ...means 'leave it alone'.

No, I'm not saying, "Leave it alone." I'm just wondering why you brought it up.

Cains is not mentioned in adams geneology because cain was cursed. He himself, as a person, was cursed.

Did Adam have only one child that was cursed?

When adam and eve sinned the ground was cursed not they themselves. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Did Adam and Eve sin? What was the result?

Genesis 3
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

I dont think that this will revolutionize the world, its only a post on a forum in the darkest recesses of the internet. Cama see camma sa.
Heneni

Don't you have a point you're trying to make? What is it? I'm interested.

Heneni

Miss Independent
ἀλήθεια;1428963 said:
No, I'm not saying, "Leave it alone." I'm just wondering why you brought it up.

Did Adam have only one child that was cursed?

Did Adam and Eve sin? What was the result?

Genesis 3
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Don't you have a point you're trying to make? What is it? I'm interested.

Hello...ok i can give you the short answer which is going to be less boring. The reason i want to know why cain was not mentioned in adams geneology is because i think that his geneology could be the offspring of satan. There are some folk who think (madly enough) that satan had sex with eve and there started his little blue eyed wonders. But i have not such desire to even go there...because if eating from a tree means having sex, then adam had it as well...not to mention that they then must have had sex with every other thing 'fruit of a tree' cause they could eat of any of them.

So....my main objective here...is to determine the location of the land of nod.

As you might know...the garden of eden is not on this earth, if it was the tree would still be here and since it is in paradise or otherwise best know as the garden of eden then the garden of eden is not here, and never was, and then...more imporantly the land of nod, which was located to the eat of the garden is no on earth either.

So...where is the land of nod...where the cursed cain went. With the mark on his body that would make everybody want to kill him? Doesnt seem in the bible like he was getting hunted down...more like he built a big city. That city was not on this earth, it was not in the garden of eden and it is in the land of nod.

Perhaps then...if we would be so daring to venture into the unknown...we might even start to debate the possibility that the land of nod, is where those rather odd flying saucers come from since one of his offspring were very good with metal.......

But maybe not...shall we leave the aliens out of this for a while. Yes i think we should.

For earth there is heaven
For the spiritual heaven there is hell
For paradise there is the land of nod

I dont know...i think that the cures cain left the presence of adam and went to his own planet.

You will notice that in revelations the bride of christ is a city. How boring. Noted, its a magnificent city, but alas, its rather less like a bride with bridegroom, kissing, champaigne..that sort of thing...oh and lots of kids afterwards....

A city is made of stones and materials. And i think this is a concept overlooked in the bible. That each one of us, has a city a dwelling place (heavenly) that is our own.

And the evil kenevils have too. You know...a place for the dead to make their bed.

Now i must have completely scared you away...

If you want to ...we can stick to the geneology of cain alone. If you read in the bible you will see that the LORD cursed cain....the LORD being adam, because it is the same LORD that god eve pregnant. Since adam was in the garden (which could very well be a planet) and then was cast out...he landed on the planet he was made out of earth...and here he cast cain out of his presence, and so cain moved to another planet.

This one was destroyed of course...and then given a kickstart again (Im wispering this because most folk think the flood is a fairy tale).

Anyway..it was indeed the sons of god (those produced by adam and not some fallen angels) and the daughters of men (which were created on the earth) who had sex. And so....if it could happen then...it could surely happen now...and more than that...surely the offspring of the sons of the devil could also be bobbing around this planet.

Ever wonder why them folks tried to build the tower of babel? Because after the flood mankind could not go planet hopping and missed the great heavenly realms...and built a tower so high, that they could actually nearly touch it.

HE HE....have a nice day!

heneni

jtartar

Hi there.

Heneni

Heneni,
The reason Cain was not mentioned in the geneology at luke 3:38, is because this geneological line was the ancestors that were to lead to Jesus, the Messiah, Luke 3:23. Jesus was the seed mentioned at Gen 3:15, that would crush the head of the other seed, Satan.
There were many other geneological lines that are not mentioned in the Holy Scriptures, because they were not in the geneological line leading to Jesus.

S-word

Hi there.

Heneni

Because he was from an age of man prior to that of the age of Seth, in which one man was able to be redeemed by the righteous blood of Abel. Enoch the one year old Unblemished Lamb of God, who was translated from a physical being of corruptible matter, into a glorious being of light at the age of 365, the number of days in a calendar year.

Heneni

Miss Independent
S-Word. Yes enoch was a great man....but what does that have to do with cain?

Cain's natural father was adam, his spiritual father was satan. He was a murderering spirit from the beginning.

Physical geneology means nothing....spiritual geneology does.

Heneni

S-word

S-Word. Yes enoch was a great man....but what does that have to do with cain?
Cain's natural father was adam, his spiritual father was satan. He was a murderering spirit from the beginning.

Physical geneology means nothing....spiritual geneology does.

Heneni

As I have previously stated, Cain the shinning one, is from a world prior to the world wherein Seth was the first born: like Abel, Seth was also the image of Adam.
Quote...Heneni...Cain's natural father was Adam, his spiritual father was Satan. He was a murdering spirit from the beginning. Enoch’s natural father was Jared, his spiritual Father was Cain the hidden one: “anyone finding Cain etc.”

According to ancient Jewish tradition, both Enoch and Noah were giants. The name of Enoch’s physical father is ‘Jared,’ and the name “Jared” means “Descending.” And it is written in the Books of Enoch that it was in the days of Jared, or rather ‘descending,’ (Before the birth of the giant Enoch) that the Sons of God abandoned their own original habitat and defiled themselves with women. Azazel was the Son of God who taught mankind all about metallurgy and the making of swords, knives, shields and breastplates, and bracelets and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures Etc. Tubal-Cain, the seventh and last recorded descendant of Cain, was an artificer in copper and iron; the master of all coppersmiths and blacksmiths. And it is to Azazel that all the sins of man is ascribed.

In the Last Testament of Reuben to his children, before he died in Egypt, Reuben says that the women painted their faces and adorned themselves in all finery in order to entice and seduce the Observers who would appear to the women while they were copulating with their husbands: and the women, to whom the Watchers (Observers) appeared to reach even unto the heavens, lusting in their minds after their forms, gave birth to giants.

In the Book of Jubilees 4: 23, concerning Enoch, it is written, “And he was taken from among the children of men, and we (The Angels) conducted him into the Garden of Eden, (In the Land of Nod) in majesty and honour, and behold, there he writes down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account it (The Book of condemnation and Judgment) the waters of the flood were bought upon all the land.

But who was it who brought the flood upon the land? From &#8216;The Book of Enoch the Prophet,&#8217; 10: 1, &#8220;Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: <Go to Noah and> tell him in my name &#8220;Hide Thyself!&#8221;, and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and destroy all that is on it. Legend has it, that Lamech later slew Cain.

Enoch (The Christ, meaning, "the anointed one") had been carried to heaven and stripped of his mortal garment and anointed with the sweet smelling ointment of God which shone with the brilliance of the sun and then placed in the position, where girded and clothed with fire, he was to serve God before the body of Adam into all eternity. After he had written the 366 books that God had commanded him to write, He was then commanded to return to earth and reveal his writings to his children (Descendants) and an ancient angel far colder than ice was called forward and commanded to touch the face of Enoch, and the Most High said to him, &#8220;If thy face was not frozen here, no man would be able to behold thee.&#8221;

From the &#8216;Book of Enoch the Prophet&#8217; CVI: 1-6, &#8220;Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore a son (Lamech was the physical Father to Noah the giant) And his body was as white as snow and as red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair on his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and conversed with the Lord of righteousness. And his father Lamech was afraid of him, (Just as Eve was terrified when she first saw Cain the shinning one and thought to kill him) and Lamech fled and ran to his father Methuselah. And he said to him: &#8220;I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different, and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious. And it seems that he is not sprung from me, but from the angels. And I fear that in his days, a wonder may be wrought on the earth.

Enoch, the only man to have been redeemed from the old world that was destroyed by water, and who has never experienced death, Is the new man who rose from the baptismal waters of the Earth in which the Old indwelling Father spirit died.
Enoch is the indwelling ancestral spirit who dwells behind the curtain to the inner most sanctuary of every person (Tent) who has descended from Noah, and it was he who has ascended to the ends of all time and witnessed the heavens burn up, and it is he, the only exception of all mankind to have ascended to the eighth and eternal heaven of unapproachable light, who came down and chose the man Jesus as the first fruits, the first of many brothers to be redeemed from his dead past, to be clothed and girded in fire (The Temple or new Kingdom of God, the shinning ones) who will dwell on earth among mankind to serve God before the body of Adam (mankind) into all eternity. As the kingdom of God is now within you, &#8220;the body of mankind,&#8221; the new Kingdom of God which flesh and blood cannot inherit, is soon to appear on earth.
For I tell you a sacred secret, we shall not all fall asleep in death, but the elect and chosen ones who are redeemed from the dead past of the Son of Man, who developed within and from the righteous spirits of the body of mankind, will, at the sound of the last trumpet, be changed in a moment, from bodies of corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of incorruptible and brilliant light. See also, post 36, in the thread, "Pre-existence of man."

Last edited: