• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY I LEFT ISLAM - The Story of An Apostate In Saudi

Fateme

I know Islam wonderful religion ) is the mindset of the clerics is not perfect trapped at 1300AD.
Sorry if my 1st post was look like I criticise the words,
To critised mindset of clerics that control islam was my intention .
first can i ask you what is your religion?

Jumi

Just to add that Apostate Law is usually misunderstood...
for instance, many people don't know that in Islam, capital punishment for apostasy is not applied to women nor for Muslim converts...
So you support it. When do you think it should be applied and why? It doesn't seem anything good comes from it.

Fateme

God exists
Islam offers a God to man distorted
If you want to know God, look for him outside of Islam
God may be close to the Buddha
It may be close to Christ
It may be too close to God
But far from God, the Muslim
And the God of Islam is not God
on what basis do you say God is not God in Islam?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
certainly there is a God because the world and galaxies can not be without a creator right?
I don't think so. The idea that existence needs a creator feels quite arbitrary and unconvincing to me.

carefully in order in every thing to the conclusion that there is a God.He cares about us.He sent us to live on earth,a live testing and ofcourse sent prophets to guid is and said any prophet who comes you should follow him to prosper. Each massenger was introduced the next propet and said you should to follow him but some religious leaders were captured worldly pleasures and distort the divine book they desire.it came a few religious.but the last prophet (Mohammad( صلوات الله)) invited people to Islam (perfect religoin) and said everyone should follow and worship God and many other things but som did not follow like your ancestors.
Sorry, but I don't believe in any of that.

outhouse

Atheistically
Guys, Islam is not a being. How do you want it to reform itself?

How about reversing the religion to not hold such deep fanaticism and fundamentalism, so that it once again could accept all knowledge and science, instead of defending a ancient book with little real knowledge.

So that it can let go of the literalism and not believe in the mythology so deeply. Your own so called prophet warned you about living to much religion, but these warnings were ignored.

If the people did not live the religion and lived life instead without the mythology and theology, maybe they would quit murdering each other over sectarian issues and the west could ignore you all.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Okay, saw the video. I can't see why anyone would take it seriously in connection to the OP. Things like "more personal" and "my experience". Come on now guys.
Not seeing the flaw, myself. Would you like to elaborate?

Fateme

I don't think so. The idea that existence needs a creator feels quite arbitrary and unconvincing to me.

Sorry, but I don't believe in any of that.
really I do not care about you and your belief.but I have some question from you.
Do you accept that the earth is down and upside and outward and inward?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
So you support it. When do you think it should be applied and why? It doesn't seem anything good comes from it.
As i said the apostasy law is misunderstood...

In Islam one can try to scientifically challenge the Islamic belief systems...

Islam has its proofs...You bring yours...

On the other hand, Islam is not just a set of beliefs...It is a whole system..

Although we as Shia Muslims believe that Islam was hijacked and the governments which came after the prophet were not Islamic, Islam is a religion and a state...

Every state has its laws to deal with defectors...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Guys, Islam is not a being. How do you want it to reform itself?

The way I see it, a religion - any religion - is a living, collective activity. It both can and, in fact, must reform itself constantly in order to remain vital and healthy.

It's okay, you can tell me that you didn't understand it and I can clarify it for you ;)

Thanks!

Islam says that to each their own religions and gods to worship, which implies to each their own business in religion (Quran 109) and there is a verse that says that there is no compulsion in religion since things have been clarified. No compulsion includes no demonizing those who don't want to be Muslims (Quran 2:256). Now, if Muslims condemn apostates to death, it would be going against those verses. If so, which ones requires reformation? It is the specific Muslims who do it, not Islam.
That seems to me to unavoidably require some form of interpretation and choice.

How else could one claim both a lack of compulsion and how and when to punish apostasy? Clearly apostasy is only possible and punishable because there is indeed some measure of compulsion.

Of course, any input is appreciate from anyone. Thank you for you view.

Let's stay with the apostasy point for now, since it is the one I'm talking about. Other subjects have their own extended explanations. The main point is that religions are sets of rules and followers are the ones to apply them.
Well, that is not really a definition of religion I can support. It may fairly describe Islam and perhaps Christianity, maybe even Judaism. But I would not call that religion at all.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As i said the apostasy law is misunderstood...

In Islam one can try to scientifically challenge the Islamic belief systems...

Islam has its proofs...You bring yours...

On the other hand, Islam is not just a set of beliefs...It is a whole system..

Although we as Shia Muslims believe that Islam was hijacked and the governments which came after the prophet were not Islamic, Islam is a religion and a state...

Every state has its laws to deal with defectors...
This, too, is considerably less than reassuring. If that is supposed to show how Islam is defensable, I have to wonder what slandering it would be like.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
really I do not care about you and your belief.
That is fairly obvious, and informs me of how much credit I should give to your claims.

but I have some question from you.
Do you accept that the earth is down and upside and outward and inward?
There may be some language trouble here. I guess I do not, but I don't think the question came quite how you meant it to be.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I won't base my beliefs on what some scholars say or what they think about the apostates.
So you are saying that the video is biased, inaccurate or not representative?

I wish I could agree. But I do not. The evidence is simply way too consistent.

Fateme

That is fairly obvious, and informs me of how much credit I should give to your claims.

There may be some language trouble here. I guess I do not, but I don't think the question came quite how you meant it to be.
why do you doubt God's existence?