• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY I LEFT ISLAM - The Story of An Apostate In Saudi

Aaliyah Visser

This video is a little more personal than my others, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest as it's something I've been walking around with for a long time.
Coming out as an ex Muslim is something that many people compare to coming out as gay in the 70's. Apostasy is a crime in every theocracy remaining, and Muslim apostates face threats, torture, and discrimination in those countries for their entire lives.
Today, I want to talk to y'all about my experience with Islam, and how I was able to finally escape it. Hope you enjoy.

Corthos

Great Old One
Thanks so much for telling your story! It takes a hell of a lot of courage and honesty to stop and seriously look at one's beliefs in an introspective way... Has this journey led you away from a belief in God(s) altogether, or have you not made up your mind in those regards? (if you don't mind my asking)

By the way, Ushta, and welcome to RF! =)

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

This video is a little more personal than my others, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest as it's something I've been walking around with for a long time.
Coming out as an ex Muslim is something that many people compare to coming out as gay in the 70's. Apostasy is a crime in every theocracy remaining, and Muslim apostates face threats, torture, and discrimination in those countries for their entire lives.
Today, I want to talk to y'all about my experience with Islam, and how I was able to finally escape it. Hope you enjoy.

I just watched this video...

I must say that I never have seen anyone who claim to be an ex Muslim really criticizing the Islamic belief system and the foundations of the Islamic overall system...

They tend to be unhappy about some Islamic Laws that they don't like...

As this video is!

Its message is that: I am not happy about the Islamic law regarding apostasy, and that is why i will apostate!

The message in this video is not consistent ...it is clear that it was put by an outsider from the religion of Islam...

He claim that at the beginning he was not happy about Islam..then he read about evolution(?!) ..and then he re-read Islam and because of terrorism he left Islam and is calling for Islam to be reformed!

This is surely not a Saudi mentality...

And finally, we must say that Islam has many sects and schools, and most of the victims of the "Islamic" terrorism are Muslims...

Shia In particular are the first target of the terrorists.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I just watched this video...

I must say that I never have seen anyone who claim to be an ex Muslim really criticizing the Islamic belief system and the foundations of the Islamic overall system...

As this video is!

Its message is that: I am not happy about the Islamic law regarding apostasy, and that is why i will apostate!

The message in this video is not consistent ...it is clear that it was put by an outsider from the religion of Islam...

He claim that at the beginning he was not happy about Islam..then he read about evolution(?!) ..and then he re-read Islam and because of terrorism he left Islam and is calling for Islam to be reformed!

And finally, we must say that Islam has many sects and schools, and most of the victims of the "Islamic" terrorism are Muslims...

Somehow your words are not at all reassuring that apostates are treated humanely in Islam.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Thank you
Islam is a closed system of thought
Hello in your intellectual freedom
If the intellectual freedom in Muslim countries, Islam falls
I hope you stay with us
I wish you a happy life away from Islam

Last edited by a moderator:

mahasn ebn sawresho

You know, this video reminds me that theocentric religion is one of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God does not exist. At least to me.

Welcome to RF,
God exists
Islam offers a God to man distorted
If you want to know God, look for him outside of Islam
God may be close to the Buddha
It may be close to Christ
It may be too close to God
But far from God, the Muslim
And the God of Islam is not God

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

If you mean that this video did not, then you sure got a different impression from it than I did.

As this video is!

Unfairness is not something to be rejected, then?

If you say so.

Trouble is, there are second and third targets as well. Nor is the harm limited to full-blown terrorism, much to the contrary.

For instance, you are not even attempting to deny the cruelty that the video points out. Somehow it seems less important to you than a perceived failure to accept Islamic Law.

That is very revealing, and I thank you for that. Albeit with a heavy heart.

Fateme

Thank you
Islam is a closed system of thought
Hello in your intellectual freedom
If the intellectual freedom in Muslim countries, Islam falls
I hope you stay with us
Intellectual DialogueExplain the position of Islam on women
For example
Did you know that Islam considers women equal with faeces
Muslim scholars and obscure this fact
However, if you or a turd sensed women
I wish you a happy life away from Islam
you should be polite.l am living in a islamic country (IRAN).your talk is nonsense and unfounded.this country is the Ialamic Republic.obviosly you know neither Islam nor Islamic country.the ststus of woman in our contry has a high status and great respect.we have high status of woman in politics and had.you can search and see yourselves.in this country there is freedom of expression and intellectual and it is not a close system.please update your information because next time I will not answer to this calm.

the picture below is Ms Marziwh Afkham.she is Ambassador of Iran in Malaysia.Her previous official spokesman for the ministry of foreign Affairs.she is only one of woman policy in my country.

Attachments

• tmp_16658-5371897ad470f3c79ce0670b23cccb340d1b00241368284536.jpg
    tmp_16658-5371897ad470f3c79ce0670b23cccb340d1b00241368284536.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 120

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
God exists
Islam offers a God to man distorted
If you want to know God, look for him outside of Islam
God may be close to the Buddha
It may be close to Christ
It may be too close to God
But far from God, the Muslim
And the God of Islam is not God
I do not want to know God. I very much doubt it exists except as a human creation, and it is far too obvious that it is not a very good idea to rely on it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Gotta see the video when I get back home.

Are you the one in the video? Your posting style gives me the impression you're not real. Please advise, and forgive me if I misjudged your existence.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Gotta see the video when I get back home.

Are you the one in the video? Your posting style gives me the impression you're not real. Please advise, and forgive me if I misjudged your existence.
For what it is worth, the video has a single audio narration in the first person. The video proper is a montage from various thematically-chosen other videos. The narrator himself is never shown in the video.

Although I must say, this matter of he not "being real" sure unsettles me.