• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I believe in Christ

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Stop by the nearest Mission and snag a Gideon's.
I'm an ex-Christian. I know what they teach. You have yet to tell me what Jesus did that fulfilled the prophecies.

He needs to:

- Gather the 10 lost tribes back to Israel.
- Build the Temple.
- Bring peace to the Jewish world and enable Jews to study in peace; no more wars.
- Be a leader of Israel (a king, in Scripture).
- Bring offerings to the Temple.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
What you said about non-believers going to Hell even if they have never harmed a soul is contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church, which admits the possibily of salvation also for unbelievers who truly seek God.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
I'm an ex-Christian. I know what they teach. You have yet to tell me what Jesus did that fulfilled the prophecies.

He needs to:

- Build the Temple.
- Bring peace to the Jewish world and enable Jews to study in peace; no more wars.

- Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
- Esaias 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool: what kind of a house will ye build Me? and of what kind is to be the place of My rest?
- Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
- 1 Chronicles 28:3 but God said, Thou shalt not build Me a house to call My name upon it, for thou art a man of war, and hast shed blood. -- This was said to David.

He fulfilled the ones which would prove He is the Messiah to those who have ears.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
- Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
- Esaias 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool: what kind of a house will ye build Me? and of what kind is to be the place of My rest?
- Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
- 1 Chronicles 28:3 but God said, Thou shalt not build Me a house to call My name upon it, for thou art a man of war, and hast shed blood.
Christian Scripture means nothing to me and 1 Chron is talking about David. Solomon builds the Temple after him.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
If that person doesn't bow to God because he has not yet understood that He is the true God, but such person desires in his heart to meet the true God, he will certainly be saved and he will recognize the true God when he will meet Him after his death.

Bible Book, Chapter, and Verse, please.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The fundamental reason why I believe in Jesus Christ, is that I find that the christian concept of God and of divine love is the highest possible concept. I find that the idea itself that God loves us so much that He chose to assume the human nature and accepted to suffer crucifission in order to save us, expresses such a high concept of God and of divine love that it can comes only from God.........................

I find No Scripture that teaches God 'assumed the human nature' but that God sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth a ransom for us - Matthew 20:28.
Gospel writer John wrote that pre-human Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God - Revelation 3:14.
Because God has No beginning and No end then God could Not die. - Psalms 90:2
Thus, God is from 'everlasting to everlasting' meaning No beginning and No ending.
Whereas, pre-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning of creation but Not "BEFORE" the beginning of creation as his God was "BEFORE" anything else.- Rev. 4:11

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Christian Scripture means nothing to me and 1 Chron is talking about David. Solomon builds the Temple after him.

And then the kingdom was divided, with Solomon's even more worthless son as captain of the southern sinking-ship.
The northern tribes are said by Jeremiah 18 to be reformed from a marred pot. But chapter 19 says Jerusalem and Judah is a broken pot that can never be made whole again.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
And then the kingdom was divided, with Solomon's even more worthless son as captain of the southern sinking-ship.
The northern tribes are said by Jeremiah 18 to be reformed from a marred pot. But chapter 19 says Jerusalem and Judah is a broken pot that can never be made whole again.
If you want, you can take this elsewhere; this is not a debate thread.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Whereas, pre-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning of creation but Not "BEFORE" the beginning of creation as his God was "BEFORE" anything else.- Rev. 4:11

Jesus' BODY was created.
If you're not finding it, you're not looking very hard.
Human timeline is a straight line. God's time is a circle.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
If you want, you can take this elsewhere; this is not a debate thread.

This whole thread would have to be moved to the debate area... as would most threads I've looked at. Two people in the same place cannot help but debate. It's human nature.

Oooops...... doing it again.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
He needs to:
- Build the Temple.

Since Pentecost the Israel of God is 'spiritual Israel ' a spiritual nation ' the Christian congregation - Romans 2:28-29; 1 Peter 2:9,5.
Thus, it is Now a spiritual temple in the heavens with God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) being the seat of government.
Jerusalem 'above' is Now mother as per Galatians 4:26.
Note: Jesus is the King (leader) over the figurative sheep and goats at the coming time of separation of Matthew 25:31-34,40
So, the coming Peace is first a spiritual peace among Jesus' genuine 'wheat' Christians, then a coming global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Idolatry is a low form of love. The highest form of love is not a respecter of persons

James 2:1-4

:) I love James. And then there's this:

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
- Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof

Jesus expanded the declaring of God's kingdom (Luke 4:43) to become an international proclamation as per Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
Thus, the kingdom of God (Daniel 2:44) was taken from those corrupted religious Pharisees and a spiritual nation was born - 1 Peter 2:9,5
Genuine ' wheat ' Christians would become that ' spiritual nation ' with Jerusalem 'above ' now being the seat of government - Galatians 4:26.
This spiritual nation ( the Christian congregation ) brings forth the fruits thereof ( Galatians 5:22-23)

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Since Pentecost the Israel of God is 'spiritual Israel ' a spiritual nation ' the Christian congregation - Romans 2:28-29; 1 Peter 2:9,5.
Thus, it is Now a spiritual temple in the heavens with God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) being the seat of government.
Jerusalem 'above' is Now mother as per Galatians 4:26.
Note: Jesus is the King (leader) over the figurative sheep and goats at the coming time of separation of Matthew 25:31-34,40
So, the coming Peace is first a spiritual peace among Jesus' genuine 'wheat' Christians, then a coming global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Paulianity makes metaphors of everything real.
- Pentecost was tongues of fire... Persian.
- John says Jesus breathed on them... Jesus isn't a fire-breathing dragon.
- Daniel wasn't talking about a spiritual kingdom, but a Davidic Kingdom.
- Galatians is a mess from start to finish, most of it blasphemy.
- Jesus isn't king of the goats, either real or figurative. Revelation picks up the tares and wheat thread and fleshes it out.
- And since the Magog people will still live in the corners of the globe at your "peace" time, I'm doubting "global peace on earth" will happen then.

Last edited:

mmarco

I find No Scripture that teaches God 'assumed the human nature'

John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

1 john 3: 16 16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

Gal 2:20 The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Phil 2: 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross!

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Christ’s Passion? That does not look like much of a deal. Was that a sacrifice?

ciao

- viole

Human-sacrifice or scapegoat?

John 11:50 it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus' BODY was created.
If you're not finding it, you're not looking very hard.
Human timeline is a straight line. God's time is a circle.
Human timeline is a straight line starting because it starts with father Adam.
Yes, Jesus body was created:
1st pre-human heavenly Jesus had a heavenly created spirit body - Revelation 3:14.
2nd the life of heavenly Jesus was transferred to be created in Mary.
Jesus would have a sinless father unlike the rest of us.
Yes, God's timeline is a circle in the sense that it is forever ongoing and has No start and No finish - Psalms 90:2
As a ring is a round circle and never ending: so is God.
No start, No ending just like counting seconds: for each second we count we can count both forwards and backwards forever and ever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
1 john 3: 16 16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.
Gal 2:20 The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Phil 2: 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross!

God does Not die according to Psalms 90:2 because God is from everlasting to everlasting. ( No beginning, No ending )
Yes, pre-human heavenly Jesus humbled himself and that is why his God sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth for us.
Why stop at John 1:14, when John 1:18 informs us that No man has seen God at any time. People saw Jesus. - 1 John 4:12; Exodus 33:20.

mmarco

God does Not die according to Psalms 90:2 because God is from everlasting to everlasting. ( No beginning, No ending )

You must understand that God exists out of time. Time is only one of our limitations; we live inside time and space.
However God is omnipotent and He can also assume the human nature, and as a human being He lived inside time and space as any other human being, and He suffered and died.