• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Hazrath Adam(AS) and not Hazrath Eve(AS)?

Fatihah

My question was-Why was Hazrath Adam(AS) (the Male) created first and not Hazrath Eve(AS) (the Female)?

:) xxx

Response: My apologies. I answered the actual title of the thread and not the actual opening post. I thought they said the same thing.

Well in islam, there is no particular reason. That is just the way it happened. Just like I am sure that there is no particular purpose why some birds fly and some don't. In islam, everthing that is done is not due to a particular necessary purpose.

Circle_One

Hmmmmmm Circle_One :)...

The Primordial Ocean is even mentioned in the Holy Bible and the Holy Quraan...

But what i dont understand is why did the Abrahamic religions give more supieriority to Men over Women?

And why was Hazrath Adam(AS) created before Hazrath Eve(AS)-according to the Abrahamic religion?...

xxx

I don't think there's an actual proven reason as to why, but one can speculate. My personal speculation would be as a means to be as far away from the Ancient Mother Goddess worshipping religions as possible. If they had stayed within the realm of the Ancient religions, they wouldn't have been able to play the "I'm right and you're wrong" card, because it would have simply looked like a play on the old religions. (However, SO much of the Abrahamic religions are copied from Ancient religions, that it doesn't make a difference anyway).

As for your second question, I can't answer that, according to the Abrahamic religion, as I don't outright know the answer. I'll see if I can find you an answer, according to those religions themselves though, and get back to you.

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Response: My apologies. I answered the actual title of the thread and not the actual opening post. I thought they said the same thing.

Well in islam, there is no particular reason. That is just the way it happened. Just like I am sure that there is no particular purpose why some birds fly and some don't. In islam, everthing that is done is not due to a particular necessary purpose.

Thank you for the answer :) xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I don't think there's an actual proven reason as to why, but one can speculate. My personal speculation would be as a means to be as far away from the Ancient Mother Goddess worshipping religions as possible. If they had stayed within the realm of the Ancient religions, they wouldn't have been able to play the "I'm right and you're wrong" card, because it would have simply looked like a play on the old religions. (However, SO much of the Abrahamic religions are copied from Ancient religions, that it doesn't make a difference anyway).

As for your second question, I can't answer that, according to the Abrahamic religion, as I don't outright know the answer. I'll see if I can find you an answer, according to those religions themselves though, and get back to you.

Thank you for highlighting :) xxx

Mr Cheese

Hmmmmmmmm Mr Cheese indeed you are correct :)...

But Allah is formless...Hazrath Adam(AS) was created in a 'Male' form with a masculine identity-why,if he was sexless?...

xxx

the first adam is formless apparantly...or perfected...
just as Mohammed is seen and understood as perfected..
to christians Jesus is perfected

what we understand is then the primal original adam was created first...
and it is not until this being is split is there male and female

from wiki

Adam אָדָם in Biblical (as well as modern) Hebrew is sometimes used as the personal name of an individual and at other times in a generic sense meaning "mankind".[2] According to some scholars, its use in Genesis 1 is wholly generic.[2] In Genesis 2 and 3 the writer weaves together the generic and the personal senses of the word.[2] In all that pertains to the first man as the passive subject of creative and providential action the reference is exclusively generic.[2] Indeed, it is doubtful whether "Adam" as a proper name is used at all before Genesis 4:25 and 5:3.[2] Here the same usage is manifest: for in the two opening verses of chap. v. the word is used generically.[2] It may also be observed that the writer in Genesis 2-3 always says "the man" instead of "Adam", even when the personal reference is intended, except after a preposition.[2]
The usage of the word as personal predates the generic usage. Its root is not the standard Semitic root for "man" which is instead '-(n)-sh but is attested as a personal name in the Assyrian King List in the form Adamu showing that it was a genuine name from the early history of the Near East.[3] The generic usage in Genesis meaning "mankind" reflects the view that Adam was the ancestor of all men. Etymologically it is the masculine form of the word adamah meaning ground or earth and related to the words adom (red), admoni (ruddy) and dam (blood)[4][5][6][7] Gen. ii. 7 explains that the man was called Adam because he was formed from the ground (adamah).[2] Compare Gen. iii. 19.[2]

Adam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course this is only one view, a more mystical view....
A less mystical view is that man was created first, women are inferior blah blah blah blah........

What we can see though... is in Adam, we see a story of polarity...
from unification to speration.....
As such, the perfect Sufi is one who is lost in Allah, drunk and intoxicated

Essentially then we are all seeking to return to eden, as Adam...the perfected, whole and unified being (man).

Mr Cheese

Abrahamic religions give more importance of men over women due to sexist culture and misunderstandign of the mystical aspects of their own religion....

Also traditionally of course the female aspects were "secret" and far too important for the common man...left special.

It is in the presence of the Shekinah, the female aspect of God, that Avram becomes ABRAHAM...the H being the Heh...

Heh being the Heh in YHVH.........

The Heh being FEMALE...

We see this repeated in Christianity..it is the holy spirit that appears before Christ as he is baptised, in esoteric circles, the holy spirit is generally once again seen as female.

So we see, the female is far deadlier than the male.
We see this again and again if we look deep enough...
We are told we cannot look upon the face of God
In Paganism we see this int he story of the Goddess, riding naked, in the form of Lady godiva....we see this in Medusa, the gorgon...both tales about why we must not look at the facce of God

of course we can just rely on sexist ideas if we like.
But underneath the mainstream understanding is a much deeper one.

The Rosicrucians(rose cross christians), who are wholly influenced by Sufism, incorporated and amalgamated the divine feminine into Christiniaty... The rose is afterall a symbol of the divine feminine, VEnus, and in Sufism..and in Catholicism the Virgin (and christ at the same time if we dig deep enough)..

So although many people will argue that the male is seen as superior to the female in abrahamic religions...and often that the divine feminie has been removed from them....

if we actually bother to dig below the surface...we can see a far different story

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So although many people will argue that the male is seen as superior to the female in abrahamic religions...and often that the divine feminie has been removed from them....

if we actually bother to dig below the surface...we can see a far different story
:rolleyes: Which makes it even more curious why women have suffered under these intolerant groups. Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm!"

.lava

Veteran Member
Hiya Guys :)...

I have a question to which i seek answers :)...

In the three Abrahamic religions-the famous 'Creation Story' is prevalent...the Six days and the formation of the Universe...

But my question is-Why was Hazrath Adam(AS) (the Male) created first and not Hazrath Eve(AS) (the Female)?

what's your source for this? all wives of Prophets are called Hazrat which means great

Last edited:

Fatihah

what's your source for this? all wives of Prophets are called Hazrat which means great

Response: Yes sister, the title thew me off as well. She's not actually asking why Eve is not called Hazrath, but rather why was Hazrath Adam created before Hazrath Eve.

Fatihah

Hiya Guys :)...

I have a question to which i seek answers :)...

In the three Abrahamic religions-the famous 'Creation Story' is prevalent...the Six days and the formation of the Universe...

But my question is-Why was Hazrath Adam(AS) (the Male) created first and not Hazrath Eve(AS) (the Female)?

Response: In islam, the qur'an, nor the hadiths answers this question directly. However, if one were to analyze the system in which Allah created humanity, he created us from pairs. That pair being male and female. And within his creation, of humanity, He has placed rank upon rank. For example, an Imam or Caliph has a higher role of authority in muslim societies. A prophet has a higher role than the Imam. Thus a prophets rank or responsibility, is higher than the Imam.

In the case of parents in relation to their children, it is the parents who conceived the children. And due to their role of responsibility, they have a higher rank of responsibility than the children. Again, thus the one of higher authority and responsibiliy, the parents, plays the role of bringing the children into the world. This appears to be the system in which Allah(swt) creates. The one with a higher responsibility is given the burden of creating, rather than the other way around. Because naturally, it is more likely that the one who is in the most authority would be responsible for creating.

So when it came to creating Hazrat Adam and Hazrat Eve, being that Adam was bestowed prophethood, his rank of authority is much higher than Eve's. This being the case, then when we follow in accordance with the system of creation, (the one of higher authority is responsible for creating), Hazrat Adam would naturally come first. And from Hazrat Adam, Allah creates Hazrat Eve.

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Abrahamic religions give more importance of men over women due to sexist culture and misunderstandign of the mystical aspects of their own religion....

Also traditionally of course the female aspects were "secret" and far too important for the common man...left special.

It is in the presence of the Shekinah, the female aspect of God, that Avram becomes ABRAHAM...the H being the Heh...

Heh being the Heh in YHVH.........

The Heh being FEMALE...

We see this repeated in Christianity..it is the holy spirit that appears before Christ as he is baptised, in esoteric circles, the holy spirit is generally once again seen as female.

So we see, the female is far deadlier than the male.
We see this again and again if we look deep enough...
We are told we cannot look upon the face of God
In Paganism we see this int he story of the Goddess, riding naked, in the form of Lady godiva....we see this in Medusa, the gorgon...both tales about why we must not look at the facce of God

of course we can just rely on sexist ideas if we like.
But underneath the mainstream understanding is a much deeper one.

The Rosicrucians(rose cross christians), who are wholly influenced by Sufism, incorporated and amalgamated the divine feminine into Christiniaty... The rose is afterall a symbol of the divine feminine, VEnus, and in Sufism..and in Catholicism the Virgin (and christ at the same time if we dig deep enough)..

Interesting Mr Cheese...

Thank you mwuah xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Man was created as a "test" first and then when God perfected the art, woman was created...... lol.

Regards,

Satsangi this is my question-why?...

Why was 'Man' created as a 'test' and a 'Woman' as a perfection of Art?

Last edited:

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power

Lol Lava :p...

Yes i know that-thank you :D...

But my question is not what you are thinking it is Lol...

my question is-why was Hazrath Adam(AS) created before Hazrath Eve(AS)?why were'nt they both created at the same time?what was the reason for the 'Man' to be formed first and not the 'Woman'?

I hope now you might understand what i am seeking :S...

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Response: In islam, the qur'an, nor the hadiths answers this question directly. However, if one were to analyze the system in which Allah created humanity, he created us from pairs. That pair being male and female. And within his creation, of humanity, He has placed rank upon rank. For example, an Imam or Caliph has a higher role of authority in muslim societies. A prophet has a higher role than the Imam. Thus a prophets rank or responsibility, is higher than the Imam.

In the case of parents in relation to their children, it is the parents who conceived the children. And due to their role of responsibility, they have a higher rank of responsibility than the children. Again, thus the one of higher authority and responsibiliy, the parents, plays the role of bringing the children into the world. This appears to be the system in which Allah(swt) creates. The one with a higher responsibility is given the burden of creating, rather than the other way around. Because naturally, it is more likely that the one who is in the most authority would be responsible for creating.

So when it came to creating Hazrat Adam and Hazrat Eve, being that Adam was bestowed prophethood, his rank of authority is much higher than Eve's. This being the case, then when we follow in accordance with the system of creation, (the one of higher authority is responsible for creating), Hazrat Adam would naturally come first. And from Hazrat Adam, Allah creates Hazrat Eve.

Fatihah are you indirectly saying-Men are superior than Women?

I hope you are not xxx

Fatihah

Fatihah are you indirectly saying-Men are superior than Women?

I hope you are not xxx

Response: I don't see the necessity in such a question. For there is nothing in the post which is remotely synonymous in saying that men are superior than women.

A-ManESL

if we look deeper.. we find that Adam is neither male or female..
he is the divine perfected first being...

I agree with you Mr Cheese that the story is probably metaphorical. Adam represents a prototypical man not in the gender sense but in the sense of a human being. But I think we may stretch this idea a little further, and an answer to Zoya's query may be haphazarded:

From the Islamic prespective the only real Reality is of God and man(human being) is only relatively real. God itself is both pure Reality and also manifested through his attributes. Adam represents the first human being, in the sense that unlike others living beings he has the ability to achieve maarifat (gnosis) and in that sense unite with the pure reality of God. Now in Islam ultimately, everything comes down to the Unity of God, in nearly all possible ways. So Adam really represents the image of God(Unity) in man. After the basic creation of Adam comes Eve's creation. This, on the other hand, symbolizes the differences that exist in the creation, or in other words how God's attributes differ in their apparent properties. As soon as Eve came into being, the idea of apparent differences between two human beings also came into being. As a rough estimate we may relate Adam's creation to the creation of basic "Unity in man", and Eve's creation as symbolising the existence of "apparent differences between this Unity in man". Since ultimately these Eveian attributes emanate from a single Adamic Unity, (just like the 99 names of God in Islam all emanate from one God), it follows that it would be only fair to let Adam's creation precede Eve's.

I don't know if that really makes any sense, it is more of a musing on my part.

Regards.

Last edited:

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I agree with you Mr Cheese that the story is probably metaphorical. Adam represents a prototypical man not in the gender sense but in the sense of a human being. But I think we may stretch this idea a little further, and an answer to Zoya's query may be haphazarded:

From the Islamic prespective the only real Reality is of God and man(human being) is only relatively real. God itself is both pure Reality and also manifested through his attributes. Adam represents the first human being, in the sense that unlike others living beings he has the ability to achieve maarifat (gnosis) and in that sense unite with the pure reality of God. Now in Islam ultimately, everything comes down to the Unity of God, in nearly all possible ways. So Adam really represents the image of God(Unity) in man. After the basic creation of Adam comes Eve's creation. This, on the other hand, symbolizes the differences that exist in the creation, or in other words how God's attributes differ in their apparent properties. As soon as Eve came into being, the idea of apparent differences between two human beings also came into being. As a rough estimate we may relate Adam's creation to the creation of basic "Unity in man", and Eve's creation as symbolising the existence of "apparent differences between this Unity in man". Since ultimately these Eveian attributes emanate from a single Adamic Unity, (just like the 99 names of God in Islam all emanate from one God), it follows that it would be only fair to let Adam's creation precede Eve's.

I don't know if that really makes any sense, it is more of a musing on my part.

Regards.

Dear A-ManESL :)...

Thank you for your response...but it still dont justify-why the 'Man' was created first and not the 'Woman'...

:( xxx

Satsangi

Satsangi this is my question-why?...

Why was 'Man' created as a 'test' and a 'Woman' as a perfection of Art?

Hinduism creation theory differs from the Islam and other Abrahmic religion; hence I cannot give a serious answer to you.

However, there are many (if not the most) of the God's acts that are not understood- can this be one of them? I can only guess as I am given mind by the God. Perhaps the God did not want to deal with women first- he created man and then said that your punishment is to deal with the woman........ just a joke guys.. do not take it seriously please......

Regards,