• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why have Christians forgotten the fourth Commandment?

Are all Ten commandments binding?

• Total voters

Ben Masada

You dont need the "nt"? And yet when i question you on the 66 scrolls that God describes in Ex 25 you avoid the question. What was it again?---

Now we have the other thread to hold our breathe for answer to that question so i will ask you a different question on this.

(sarcastic here) Are you saying the JEWS WERE FALSIFYING THE WORD? Boy i wonder what your answer is going to be. (RT)

The game of words and numbers you play to come up with the 27 books of the NT means nothing to me.
Those books were written by Gentiles, and I accept only 20 percent as historically genuine about Jesus. The rest are interpolations.

Regarding Jews falsifying the Word, that's not what I said. That's you saying. I said that some scrupulous
Scribes were INTERPRETING the Scriptures to the masses in a distorted way. Just like the Word of God
which was entrusted to Israel only and to no other people, according to Psalm 147:19,20, and Christians preach in a distorted way.

Ben :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Actually, that's utterly wrong...the Messianic Writings clearly state multiple times that Yeshua observed the sabbath. In fact, there is not one time in the Messianic Writings in which Yeshua contradicts a single mitzvah from the written Torah.

I agree with you that Yeshua did not contradict a single mitzvah, including the one
to get married and father children. Did you read my thread about "The Wedding of
Jesus?" Before you deny my assertion or your statement that Jesus did not contradict a single mitzvah, read that topic of mine about the Wedding of Jesus.

Ben :D

AK4

The game of words and numbers you play to come up with the 27 books of the NT means nothing to me.
Those books were written by Gentiles, and I accept only 20 percent as historically genuine about Jesus. The rest are interpolations.

Regarding Jews falsifying the Word, that's not what I said. That's you saying. I said that some scrupulous
Scribes were INTERPRETING the Scriptures to the masses in a distorted way. Just like the Word of God
which was entrusted to Israel only and to no other people, according to Psalm 147:19,20, and Christians preach in a distorted way.

I play? Are those my words? Whose words are those? Didnt you say you can read between the lines? You can see allegories and metaphors? What is that in Ex. 25 talking about?

EX 25:31 "Make a lampstand of pure gold and hammer it out, base and shaft; its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms shall be of one piece with it.

This is metaphorically, allegorically, spiritually and whatever you wanna call it talking about the books or scrolls of His Word. How do you have 66 scrolls without the 27 of the NT?

Killing me.

Elessar

I agree with you that Yeshua did not contradict a single mitzvah, including the one
to get married and father children. Did you read my thread about "The Wedding of
Jesus?" Before you deny my assertion or your statement that Jesus did not contradict a single mitzvah, read that topic of mine about the Wedding of Jesus.

First, the thread you direct me to is utterly ridiculous, and from what I've read, you've constantly ignored objections to your fantasy.

Also, tell me exactly which of the 613 mitzvot commands explicitly that a man must marry. No doubt, traditionally, it is considered important for a Jew to marry and father children, and such may very possibly be found in the Talmud, but which of the mitzvot says that?

Ben Masada

First, the thread you direct me to is utterly ridiculous, and from what I've read, you've constantly ignored objections to your fantasy.

Also, tell me exactly which of the 613 mitzvot commands explicitly that a man must marry. No doubt, traditionally, it is considered important for a Jew to marry and father children, and such may very possibly be found in the Talmud, but which of the mitzvot says that?

Genesis 1:28. That's the first of the Mitzvot. And at the time of Jesus very few Jewish men would let their twentieth birthday pass as still a single man. At thirty
they would have at least three children. I do not understand why this Christian attitude about Jesus, as if it was a dishonor to be a married man. On the contrary,
much more dishonorable would be to hang around for three years with a group of men without any female contact. Think it through! Besides, Jesus left it very clear
that he had come to fulfill and confirm the Law to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) Therefore, evidences abound that Jesus was a married man, and none other than Mary
Magdalene was his wife and beloved disciple.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

I play? Are those my words? Whose words are those? Didnt you say you can read between the lines? You can see allegories and metaphors? What is that in Ex. 25 talking about?

EX 25:31 "Make a lampstand of pure gold and hammer it out, base and shaft; its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms shall be of one piece with it.

This is metaphorically, allegorically, spiritually and whatever you wanna call it talking about the books or scrolls of His Word. How do you have 66 scrolls without the 27 of the NT?

Killing me.

Sorry my friend, but I read the quotation in Exodus and reread it. I tried concordances, and I found no basis for your play of words and numbers.
The making of the Lampstand is literal of an instrument to serve as ornament and usefulness in the Tabernacle. You just found the coincidence
and got elated as if you had discovered America all from anew. I am sorry to poke your bubble but there is noghing in there.

Ben:D

AK4

Therefore, evidences abound that Jesus was a married man, and none other than Mary
Magdalene was his wife and beloved disciple.

Evidence abound huh? Where? WHERE?

My God the verses you accept to make your belief work compare to what you dont is astounding!:eek:

Ben Masada

Evidence abound huh? Where? WHERE?

My God the verses you accept to make your belief work compare to what you dont is astounding!:eek:

Read my thread on "The Wedding of Jesus" and you will find the evidences.
Then, all you have to do is to use your commonsense. What's the big deal
about Jesus being married? It's much more for his credibility than a Jew at
30 in the First Century hanging around with twelve guys without women in
the composition.

I am in agreement with the text below**

Truth is a paradox not black & white, and up until reading this section of comments, I was seriously questioning/concerned of the state of the church's faith righteousness these days.

One must understand and work past 'linguistics' or semantics here, always a form of contention in many of the world's largest ingrained 'holy wars'.

The main goal is to become rooted in faith righteousness, and not become deluded by works righteousness. However, if we had nothing to follow, why would Jesus be the way, truth and light? So obviously, once we are established in faith righteousness, we can easily follow God's principles and learn of them (the 'laws'). The universe has principles, no one can dispute this...

The main thing is if we don't go to church, we are not condemned. But it would be 'wise' to go... for our benefit. We can eat pork. But it would be better if we didn't... for our benefit. Or health.

To think anything else would be to think God was not LOVE and concerned about our healing, health, prosperity, PEACE etc etc, all the things his word tells us he gives to us. And now the word lives in US.

Allow the holy spirit to teach you, show you the way. Nitpicking verses doesn't always help. Christian need not agree on all things, and different denominations will have their different preferences of what to eat, when to practice sabbath or if at all, but the main thing we need to establish is love, and our faith righteousness. Christians not established in faith righteousness is the biggest concern, when one beleives their actions make them holy or accepted by God. It is because we feel accepted by God, a child of God, justified by our faith in the blood of Jesus, we can follow God and the principles of wisdom God etched out long ago. It has not changed. Neither Has God. But no one is going to be struck down by some act God/lightening if they don't follow. Nothing we can do or not do can make us holy, besides accepting Jesus and believing in the blood.

It's good news. At least that what the NT I've read states. People not brought up in religion from birth have a better time understanding faith righteousness because they haven't been taught fear and the laws and works righteousness. There is no condemnation in Christ. It doesn't get easier than that. The yoke is easy and light!!!

"I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is profitable for correction, reproof, and instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) and that it reveals the almighty God.

I believe that Jesus is the eternal, self-existent God and is not a created being. Even though He is fully God, He took upon Himself the form of a man to live and die for our sins. John1:1-5,14 Romans 8:3

I believe that the penalty for man's sin was paid on the cross of Calvary in Jesus' death. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23. By believing on Jesus Christ and accepting the grace of His shed blood, we receive the gift of eternal life. "Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:9.

Because I love Jesus for His sacrificial death, I want to obey Him as he commands in John 14:15. We are not saved by our works; but, because we are saved, we choose to keep His commandments as the guide for successful living.

I believe that prophecy reveals Jesus is coming again very soon. Matthew 24: 32-51."

AaronG

If you ask most Christians why they don't steal, kill or lie, they respond with the usual its contrary to the Word of God(Bible)?

However if you ask the same Christians why they don't keep the 4th commandment they can't give you one reason from the Bible why the 4th commandment is any different from the rest.

Who took away this commandment? Where can I find it in the Bible?

The Fourth Commandment is found in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5.

kejos

What do you consider keeping the sabbath day holy?
The sabbath is kept holy by not working for one's justification. The sabbath is the whole of the Christian's life, a rest from trying to earn justification before God.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The sabbath is kept holy by not working for one's justification. The sabbath is the whole of the Christian's life, a rest from trying to earn justification before God.
so the whole of a Christians life is: taking a break?

kejos

so the whole of a Christians life is: taking a break?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Again: so the whole of a Christians life is: taking a break?

Think that perhaps this time you can actually answer the question?

rstrats

kejos,

re: "The sabbath is kept holy by not working for one's justification."

What work that you used to do, do you no longer do?

wally777

No one can keep the Ten Commandments, the Bible said if you are guilty of One, You are guilty of All. That's why God sent Jesus to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins so through Jesus we can come to the Father.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."- Acts 4:12

wally777

The Ten Commandments, Exodus 20:3-17
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.
3. "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
4. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

5. "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

6. "You shall not murder.

7."You shall not commit adultery.

8."You shall not steal.

9. "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

So your question why christians does not follow the 4th commandments, it is us to judge, it is God who justifies. People may have reasons, some are sick and watch on tv or read the Bible and pray at home. In the end each of us are accountable to God in actions and words, good or bad. Hope this helps.