• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why have Christians forgotten the fourth Commandment?

Are all Ten commandments binding?

• Total voters

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

That my friend is where Faith comes into play and my understanding of Good and Evil, and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

That's from the same collection, my friend. You're digging yourself deeper into the web of self-deceit. Repent.

d.n.irvin

Jesus broke the Sabbath according to whom?

How can Lord of the Sabbath break the Sabbath? His rebuke was to the Sadducee's and Pharisees, that if you remember had made up there own rules (commandments of men) about the Sabbath-making the Sabbath a burden. That goes back to one of my earlier post
What would Jesus do? post #26

In John 15:10 Jesus said "I have kept my father's commandments" and we can also find from scripture that Jesus attended church on the Sabbath day. "And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read." Luke 4:16

What would Paul do?
"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." Acts 17:2. "Paul and his company ... went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down." Acts 13:13, 14. "And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither." Acts 16:13. "And he [Paul] reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks." Acts 18:4.

d.n.irvin

Excuse my ignorance, but I can't understand what you are trying to say. And some Biblical References should in order. Examples please. More specification.

FatMan

Excuse my ignorance, but I can't understand what you are trying to say. And some Biblical References should in order. Examples please. More specification.

I noticed you never responded to Mestemia's comprehensive list from earlier and have chosen to keep this thread going, nonetheless.

Do you simply ignore that which overwhelmingly contradicts your point?

d.n.irvin

To the contrary my friend, I have presented scripture( the word of God which I believe over any man) from Genesis to Revelation that supports worshiping God On the Day he mandates. Fact, most Christians- followers of Christ worship GOD ON SUNDAY. But since post #1, no one can produce scripture from the Old or New Testament that remotely says "My children since I created the world in six days and rested on the 7th, and gave Moses the Ten Commandments, I've changed my mind- Now worship on the 1st day". And you never will. But you say I'm deceived. So what are we to conclude, Who sanctioned 1st day worship? It's nowhere in the Bible.

rocka21

Brother Rock
To the contrary my friend, I have presented scripture( the word of God which I believe over any man) from Genesis to Revelation that supports worshiping God On the Day he mandates. Fact, most Christians- followers of Christ worship GOD ON SUNDAY. But since post #1, no one can produce scripture from the Old or New Testament that remotely says "My children since I created the world in six days and rested on the 7th, and gave Moses the Ten Commandments, I've changed my mind- Now worship on the 1st day". And you never will. But you say I'm deceived. So what are we to conclude, Who sanctioned 1st day worship? It's nowhere in the Bible.

Sunday is the Sabbath in american ( for most).

let me ask you? do you think, God was worried about what day we took to honor him or just that we took a day?

also didn't Jesus ask if one of you were to lose an animal in a hole on the sabbath would you go get him out? he said is was ok to do work. what point was he trying to make? to use common sense and don't get caught up on the day. Its whats in your heart that counts.

in other places in the world, the sabbath might be on another day. Do you think that the saturday of today was the saturday of yesterday? Man, days , months, calendars have all changed over time.

Bottom line, pick a day and honor God one day out of your week!;)

on another note, have you noticed how football and fishing is very popular on sundays?:beach:

Ronald

Hot Doggies! after all this time! Another who sees God as unchanging!
The Christian Community has "Changed times and the Law/Torah."

Welcome d.n. irvin.

Shalom

logician

I guess for most Xians (that attend church) spending an hour one day a week "honoring" god is about all they can muster.

Ronald

Sunday is the Sabbath in american ( for most).
Where is your scripture?
rocka21 said:
let me ask you? do you think, God was worried about what day we took to honor him or just that we took a day?
He seemed to care when he wrote the ten words.
rocka21 said:
also didn't Jesus ask if one of you were to lose an animal in a hole on the sabbath would you go get him out? he said is was ok to do work. what point was he trying to make? to use common sense and don't get caught up on the day. Its whats in your heart that counts.
He didn't condeem them for doing good. What happened when one in the earlier testsment gathered wood?
rocka21 said:
in other places in the world, the sabbath might be on another day. Do you think that the saturday of today was the saturday of yesterday? Man, days , months, calendars have all changed over time.
By what authority do you "Change times and the law."
rocka21 said:
Bottom line, pick a day and honor God one day out of your week!;)

on another note, have you noticed how football and fishing is very popular on sundays?:beach:
Who enters the "City by it's gates?"
Shalom

rocka21

Brother Rock
I guess for most Xians (that attend church) spending an hour one day a week "honoring" god is about all they can muster.

that is true.

althou i go twice on sunday, Jail ministry on Monday, wednesday night, and bible study other days of the week.

not because of the day or the law, but because i LOVE JESUS and its something i WANT to do.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Where is your scripture?
He seemed to care when he wrote the ten words.
He didn't condeem them for doing good. What happened when one in the earlier testsment gathered wood?
By what authority do you "Change times and the law."
Who enters the "City by it's gates?"
Shalom

SEE king David

ate the showbread when he was hungry , danced around the ark, wrote psalms.

man after Gods own heart, even thou he broke some of the LAWs.

you also say " he did not condeem them for doing good". :yes:

thats what i am doing when i am in church on sunday. GOOD

d.n.irvin

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW.
It is certainly true that Jesus laid down two great laws of love as a summary of all the law, but did He give the idea that these were new in point of time? The fact is that He was quoting directly from the Old Testament when He gave those new commandments. "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." Deuteronomy 6:5. "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Leviticus 19:18. Certainly, those penetrating spiritual principles had been forgotten by the legalists of Christ's day, and they were new to them in relation to their life and practice. But they were not intended by Jesus to take the place of the Ten Commandments.
"Is there a 'New' law in Christ? Q&A Session pp2"

d.n.irvin

I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is profitable for correction, reproof, and instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) and that it reveals the almighty God.

I believe that Jesus is the eternal, self-existent God and is not a created being. Even though He is fully God, He took upon Himself the form of a man to live and die for our sins. John1:1-5,14 Romans 8:3

I believe that the penalty for man's sin was paid on the cross of Calvary in Jesus' death. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23. By believing on Jesus Christ and accepting the grace of His shed blood, we receive the gift of eternal life. "Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:9.

Because I love Jesus for His sacrificial death, I want to obey Him as he commands in John 14:15. We are not saved by our works; but, because we are saved, we choose to keep His commandments as the guide for successful living.

I believe that prophecy reveals Jesus is coming again very soon. Matthew 24: 32-51.
The Bible tells me so...

FFH

Veteran Member
I believe that prophecy reveals Jesus is coming again very soon. Matthew 24: 32-51.
Jesus Christ said:
Behold I come quickly
Moses 7: 64
And there shall be mine abode, and it shall be Zion, which shall come forth out of all the creations which I have made; and for the space of a thousand years the earth shall rest.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
POST #48 just for you
Yet you have not addressed the fact that post #41 lists all manner of laws that have in fact changed.

In fact, I would call post #48 a "response" and nothing more.
It is nothing of a 'reply' to the list.

Do you pick and choose Bible verses like you pick and choose posts?
Do you side step what you dislike in the Bible like you sidestep posts you dislike in this thread?

Are you keeping the commandments listed in post #41?
There are tons more OT commandments that the NT 'fulfills.'
Sacrificing and 'unclean' animals are two of the main ones.

Interestingly enough, I can take what you have stated here and show that God purposely set man up to fail in order to justify sending his son to 'save' everyone from the laws he knew could not be kept.

Extremely interesting picture you paint of your deity.