• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why has there never been a documentary on Mohammad

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
If Mohammed is the perfect role model, as many believe, his teachings and his actions are as relevant today as they ever were regardless of the Islam that one follows.

If you want to learn about Islam, learn about Mohammed.

Using what sources?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
We all have our biases.
And some are scandalours, while others are negligible.

Many are somewhere in the middle, but that is not relevant for this discussion.

Bill Warner sources his claims very effectively and, to my knowledge, has never been contradicted with any seriousness.

Meanwhile, Muslims can't even stop accusing each other of "not being true Muslims" while threatening their own brothers in faith.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Bill Warner sources his claims very effectively and, to my knowledge, has never been contradicted with any seriousness.

But he is still viewing those sources through one particular lens - his lens.

Meanwhile, Muslims can't even stop accusing each other of "not being true Muslims" while threatening their own brothers in faith.

Some Muslims do this, some don't.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But he is still viewing those sources through one particular lens - his lens.

And despite a lot of wishful thinking, that has no discernible ill effects.

Much as even I wish he were quite wrong.

Some Muslims do this, some don't.
Besides the point.

We are talking about a situation that would not even exist without the arising of conceptions of "Muslim" and "Islaam".

That Islaam so very often fails to even sustain its own moral weight is a grave failure. Pointing out that it does not happen all the time does not remedy anything.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That's according to anyone who views those sources through a similar lens.

Not so - my point is that there are different Islams, practiced by different Muslims. Some are more judgemental than others. Again, different lenses.
Sorry to be blunt, but... it does not look like any version of Islaam justifies its own existence.