• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why God appears to be a bad guy.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok, so She does not know everything. That is all I wanted to know. She is not omnipotent.

But if She does not know everything, why is She having such expectations about our behavior?

Ciao

- viole

She is the light of all light and going to other then her would mean going to darkness. Desiring other then her would mean inverted direction and running away from true beauty, honor, and glory. That is evil.

It can't create things falsehood wise. She creates in truth. She is that truth and so there is no escaping worshiping her.

Running away from her, would mean, running towards something very sinister and evil.

Embracing other then her light and wisdom, would mean darkness and foolishness.

All that can't be forgiven.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
She is the light of all light and going to other then her would mean going to darkness. Desiring other then her would mean inverted direction and running away from true beauty, honor, and glory. That is evil.

It can't create things falsehood wise. She creates in truth. She is that truth and so there is no escaping worshiping her.

Running away from her, would mean, running towards something very sinister and evil.

Embracing other then her light and wisdom, would mean darkness and foolishness.

All that can't be forgiven.
Is that all you got left to defend from my challenge? Just invoke some tenets of your brand of belief?

Ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is that all you got left to defend from my challenge? Just invoke some tenets of your brand of belief?

Ciao

- viole

You are asking why God has expectations. It's because God is the truth and creates in truth.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You are asking why God has expectations. It's because God is the truth and creates in truth.
That is a non sequitur. i know mathematics, and I love the truths of mathematics, but I do not expect my kids to understand differential geometry. Or them even getting interested in that.

For sure, I will not get a hissy fit if they don’t understand it, or are not interested, or even get into irrational things like astrology and stuff, and throw them to hell, or anything of the sort, for Odin’s sake. I would be a terrible, and even criminal parent if I did.

So, why does she get so upset about us not following her expectations. Is She such a terrible, and immature, parent?

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is a non sequitur. i know mathematics, and I love the truths of mathematics, but I do not expect my kids to understand differential geometry. Or even getting interested in that.

For sure, I will not get a hissy fit if they don’t understand it, or are not interested, or even get into irrational things like astrology and stuff, and throw them to hell, or anything of the sort, for Odin’s sake. I would be a terrible parent if I did.

So, why does she get so upset about us not following her expectations. Is She such a terrible, and immature, parent?

ciao

- viole

I tried to explain. There is the long explanation in Quran (better words) and Ahlulbayt (a) words are better then mine. But I tried to explain according to my capacity and I am a nobody. You are better off seeking answers from (I know you don't believe in God) God and his chosen. Give them a chance, even though you don't acknowledge them.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I tried to explain. There is the long explanation in Quran (better words), Ahlulbayt (a) words are even better then mine. But I tried to explain according to my capacity and I am a nobody. You are better off seeking answers from (I know you don't believe in God) God and his chosen. Give them a chance, even though you don't acknowledge them.
Seeking answers from God, and His chosen? Well, I guess I am left with His chosen, since if I had a conversation with God, my problem would be solved.

so, what do you propose? I dig you do not belong to the set of the chosen ones, which raises some questions about the reliability of your arguments, even if you had ever had one.

So, who can I ask?

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
or even get into irrational things like astrology and stuff

People into this are people who give power to sorcery of Iblis over their own lives and other people lives. This is unforgivable many reasons without leaving and disbelieving it and turning aside from it. The issue is you are a naturalistic atheist (don't acknowledge unseen), so it's hard to explain these things to you.

People who see through people, see through not God's judgment but sorcery and Satanic judgment. Such people can't be forgiven.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Seeking answers from God, and His chosen? Well, I guess I am left with His chosen, since if I had a conversation with God, my problem would be solved.

so, what do you propose? I dig you do not belong to the set of the chosen ones, which raises some questions about the reliability of your arguments, even if you had ever had one.

So, who can I ask?

ciao

- viole

It's hard to answer this. I would go on al-islam.org and study Quran, hadiths from Ahlulbayt (a) and also explanation of fallible scholars (though they maybe wrong in many things), till you begin to understand.

If you have enough wisdom and insights, then later you can learn Arabic if you believe or see probability of Islam being true.

Anyways, I will continue to try to explain according to my capacity, but I am a nobody.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
People who give power to sorcery of Iblis over their own lives and other people lives. This is unforgivable many reasons without leaving and disbelieving it and turning aside from it. The issue is you are a naturalistic atheist (don't acknowledge unseen), so it's hard to explain these things to you.

Like ESP, or astrology, isn’t it? It works only if you already believe in it, and stops working when you analyzed it rationally.

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like ESP, or astrology, isn’t it? It works only if you already believe in it, and stops working when you analyzed it rationally.

ciao

- viole

This is partially true and partially false. But it's off-topic.

You are asking why God can't forgive these things. I'm answering from perspective of Islam since this is what you are asking about.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If you have enough wisdom and insights, then later you can learn Arabic if you believe or see probability of Islam being true.
Now I understand why you read the Quran 100 times,

it is like me reading my doctor prescription 100 times, since she writes like it is Arabic to me.

joking aside, what God would communicate Her message to the entire world that would require years of intense study of Arabic, Hebrew, whatever, to get to the bottom of it?

isn’t that maybe more likely that you guys just hide behind the language barrier, when you run out of arguments?

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now I understand why you read the Quran 100 times,

it is like me reading my doctor prescription 100 times, since she writes like it is Arabic to me.

joking aside, what God would communicate Her message to the world that would require years of intense study of Arabic, Hebrew, whatever? Why not simply use telepathy?

ciao

- viole

He does use telepathy through the Guide of time. But words from God + words of his chosen + words of people understanding those with their capacity, layers it all. Telepathy from both Satanic forces and God's forces occur.

There is a caller to God with every soul that calls to God. He is the sword of God in their soul calling them to recognize God's light and fight Iblis and his forces with his help and power. This is the Imam (leader) and witness talked about in Quran.

Again, this all present, but you don't acknowledge you are a soul. So if you don't acknowledge something that obvious, it's hard to make you see all the rest.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Again, this all present, but you don't acknowledge you are a soul. So if you don't acknowledge something that obvious, it's hard to make you see all the rest.
If it is so obvious, show me the evidence. I could equally say it is obvious that there are no souls, no gods, no spiritual reality whatsoever, and you would be on square one.

or are you telling me that you can argue with skeptics that already believe in that stuff? But what kind of skeptics are they?

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it is so obvious, show me the evidence. I could equally say it is obvious that there are no souls, no gods, no spiritual reality whatsoever, and you would be on square one.

or are you telling me that you can argue with skeptics that already believe in that stuff? But what kind of skeptics are they?

ciao

- viole

I've shown you the seeing argument before. I've shown you other arguments. We disagree on these things, but your denial and disbelief, is not proof that it's not proven nor diminishes how clear God existence is nor towards how I reminded of his existence.

This a thing. Pharaoh's people looked to Pharaoh and chiefs under him, and were misguided. But Moses' proofs and arguments were clear.

People just watching a debate and not seeing truth, doesn't mean truth is not presented.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
This a thing. Pharaoh's people looked to Pharaoh and chiefs under him, and were misguided. But Moses' proofs and arguments were clear.
There are just nice stories in a book. Like the ones you can find in the Bible, the Quran, and all other so-called holy Scriptures. Mostly contradicting each others.

Do you believe, everything you read, as a fact by default?

Ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are just nice stories in a book. Like the ones you can find in the Bible, the Quran, and all other so-called holy Scriptures. Mostly contradicting each others.

Do you believe, everything you read, as a fact by default?

Ciao

- viole

It happens in real life too. But hypothetical stories even if not believed in, can, provide insights to human condition.

Literature and English degrees for example, would be useless, if there was nothing to be learned from fiction.