• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why God appears to be a bad guy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe in answering the title is that people who are evil consider bad, good and good, bad. Since God is good, those who are evil consider Him bad.

Muffled

Jesus in me

So the symbol of Jesus is a cross but the cross does not represent what God does but what man is capable of. The symbol of the Holy Spirit is a dove and we have this verse:
Matt 10:16 “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
So the symbol of Jesus is a cross but the cross does not represent what God does but what man is capable of. The symbol of the Holy Spirit is a dove and we have this verse:
Matt 10:16 “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
When Jesus finally returns, I wonder how he will feel about all those people wearing and displaying symbols of the instrument used to torture him to death? All seems bit macabre.

KWED

Hypocrites convince themselves they are sincere believers and when talk to God are veiled in their own masks. This is what is meant they desire to deceive God, it's that they lie to themselves so much so they also address God with the same deception. They are lost.
So people who genuinely and sincerely believe can actually be non-believers.
So that means you could be one. It must be awful, knowing that even though you think you are a believer, you might actually be a hypocrite destined for hell. Makes the whole thing pretty pointless, no?

KWED

I think God looks bad only if person doesn't know God, or doesn't understand properly what is good and right.
God only looks bad because of the things he says and does.
If he just shut up and did nothing, he wouldn't seem such a twat.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The chances of any of the Angels including Iblis disobeying him, were so low.
The chances of Adam who is one of God's elite chosen, to look towards the everlasting tree and exalted unending authority with envy, was so low.
The chances that Successors of Adam, be not followed by humanity, and instead loud mouth leaders and idols instead, were so low leading to Nuh, it was all so low.

Thousand of years of preaching by Nuh, the chances were supposed to be they heed his calls.

After that, chances of guidance were inverted. Due to diseases of example of disobedience and the "well a lot did it, so what's the big deal" and uninspiring nature of human majority, it became the opposite.

Now guidance which is so dear to God, became, something that was improbable for most. Generation to generation, he tries to fix it with his revelations and Messengers, but there is no cure for the disease.

Because people assume God knows the future, it looks bad. Because assume this is the way he intended them to be it looks bad.

Because people assume God's powers can make him do impossible like make square triangles, but it's how God expresses for example regarding the misguidance of Muslims (not limited to them) "how can God guide a people who disbelieve after they witnessed the Messenger is truth..."

He through his Messengers (Ali (a) to Hassan Al-Askari (a)) tried to annul the sorcery from sorcerers and Iblis forces, but people despite the emphasis to hold to God's chosen, guidance, and rope in the Quran, stick to people who are not appointed by God. Despite Rasool (s) words to hold on to Quran and family together, there's been a war to separate Quran from his family and his family from Quran while Quran unites them and calls them the "family of the reminder".

God is trying to save us from his wrath. He wants humans to mostly enter paradise and so has prolonged the life of the Twelfth Successor, but now the time, without miracles, is making it almost impossible to save them.

It seems the warnings are becoming unavoidable, and the warning to the Mahdi is meant to be avoided, and that we will be destroyed (except few believers as was in the past).

He doesn't want to bring the Mahdi and the world is in it's arrogant and heedless state, so that they look towards misguiding loud mouths and they like those in the past, accuse him of being a sorcerer when he performs miracles.

The entertainment business (just for entertainment we believe) always shows the top powerful person to be evil and show incredible powers like reviving dead and other things are not a display of power of God. This is from shows, to movies, to games. It doesn't matter. We been incepted.

The Quran which warns about the Mahdi more then the day of judgment is veiled with occult darkness and sorcery so that people are oblivious to the Mahdi in the Quran.

Ya Ali help.

Mahdi?
Isn't that the guy from Dune?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God is trying to save us from his wrath.
And that makes Him good? Wouldn’t it much better if He calms the f***k down, instead of having a hissy fit for basically everything?

he sounds like the husband of a friend of mine, who was hitting her because she did not behave the way that would prevent him to beat her.

I am afraid to say he was muslim. So, do you think he was acting godly?

cik

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And that makes Him good? Wouldn’t it much better if He calms the down, instead of having a hissy fit for basically nothing?

His wrath stems from his righteous hate of evil and his justice, but he wishes to not to act on revenge, opens doors of repentance and calls people back through his chosen ones, but people turn aside.

To me, it makes him good.

If he didn't care for evil and let it go, to me, it would make him evil.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
His wrath stems from his righteous hate of evil and his justice, but he wishes to not to act on revenge, opens doors of repentance and calls people back through his chosen ones, but people turn aside.

To me, it makes him good.

If he didn't care for evil and let it go, to me, it would make him evil.
Well, does that wrath work? Or wound’t it better if She changes her attitude, and get a bit cooler?

I mean, we also have a legislative system that tries to enforce law and order. But we do not get a hissy fit if someone breaks it. we just correct that, with as few emotions as possible.

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, does that wrath work? Or wound’t it better if She changes her attitude, and get a bit cooler?

I mean, we also have a legislative system that tries to enforce law and order. But we do not get a hissy fit if someone breaks it. we just correct that, with as few emotions as possible.

ciao

- viole

Law and order isn't for cosmic justice, but serves a purpose other then that.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Law and order isn't for cosmic justice, but serves a purpose other then that.
So, your God gets. Hissy Fit for something that He saw coming since the beginning of time? Why didn’t He have the hissy fit back then, instead?

Ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, your God gets. Hissy Fit for something that He saw coming since the beginning of time?

Ciao

- viole

He saw the possibility, but like I said, he knew it was unlikely. It looks bad, because people assume the way things are were the way he intended them to be. We are in one of his back up plans.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
He saw the possibility, but like I said, he knew it was unlikely. It looks bad, because people assume the way things are were the way he intended them to be. We are in one of his back up plans.
So, He is not omniscient. He operates only based on the theory of probability.

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, He is not omniscient. He operates only based on the theory of probability.

ciao

- viole

God knows everything that can possibly known. Future can be known but not with free-will and him testing his creation. He can create free-will but very little of it, in that, he could've made Adam (a) appear dazzling so that not even Iblis rebels. But then it would be vain, submitting to Adam (a) and not linked to God's Unseen Glory and beauty. And so Angels (a) would not have been removed their vanity to that point.

He could've made it that Prophets (a) can't be killed, and that their miracles be constantly displayed on the scale of the day of judgment, and then no one would doubt God or them, but then day of judgment has no meaning, and trial has no meaning, and no soul can strive for God and help his Messengers in the unseen.

Reward would be so little in obeying God and no one would disobey in this case.

But this universe, type, very little would worship God in a meaningful way.

And so while God wanted his creatures all obeying him, he didn't want them doing in a vain way. And so his trials were not hard for example Iblis should have obeyed God. Adam (a) should've trusted God and his voice, and not give Iblis a chance of making him doubt that advice.

And Seth (a) to Nuh (a) should've all been followed from Adam's (a) successors and people of Nuh (a) should have obeyed Nuh (a).

But once all that happened, probability of guidance became inverted in the Jinn and human world, it became a norm to disobey and disbelieve.

Even though believers were left time and time again, the effects of the society they were grown in.... lead them to become ungrateful after being saved, and so they were sincere in the ships when distressed and oppressed but once they were free and set stable, they became ungrateful. This was even true of children of Israel after Musa (a). Even during time of Musa (a), after they were saved, they began to entertain doubts about Musa (a) and his miracles, and equate them with sorcery, and question him.

This is the plight of humans, neither believers were ever sincere to keep their community steadfast and grateful after being saved, nor disbelievers compassionate enough to their souls to avert punishment.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God knows everything that can possibly known. Future can be known but not with free-will and him testing his creation. He can create free-will but very little of it, in that, he could've made Adam (a) appear dazzling so that not even Iblis rebels. But then it would be vain, submitting to Adam (a) and not linked to God's Unseen Glory and beauty. And so Angels (a) would not have been removed their vanity to that point.

He could've made it that Prophets (a) can't be killed, and that their miracles be constantly displayed on the scale of the day of judgment, and then no one would doubt God or them, but then day of judgment has no meaning, and trial has no meaning, and no soul can strive for God and help his Messengers in the unseen.

Reward would be so little in obeying God and no one would disobey in this case.

But this universe, type, very little would worship God in a meaningful way.

And so while God wanted his creatures all obeying him, he didn't want them doing in a vain way. And so his trials were not hard for example Iblis should have obeyed God. Adam (a) should've trusted God and his voice, and not give Iblis a chance of making him doubt that advice.

And Seth (a) to Nuh (a) should've all been followed from Adam's (a) successors and people of Nuh (a) should have obeyed Nuh (a).

But once all that happened, probability of guidance became inverted in the Jinn and human world, it became a norm to disobey and disbelieve.

Even though believers were left time and time again, the effects of the society they were grown in.... lead them to become ungrateful after being saved, and so they were sincere in the ships when distressed and oppressed but once they were free and set stable, they became ungrateful. This was even true of children of Israel after Musa (a). Even during time of Musa (a), after they were saved, they began to entertain doubts about Musa (a) and his miracles, and equate them with sorcery, and question him.

This is the plight of humans, neither believers were ever sincere to keep their community steadfast and grateful after being saved, nor disbelievers compassionate enough to their souls to avert punishment.
Ok, so She does not know everything. That is all I wanted to know. She is not omnipotent.

But if She does not know everything, why is She having such expectations about our behavior?

Ciao

- viole