• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why exactly do Jehovah's Witnesses evangelize?

djhwoodwerks

So preposterous! And you are studying the Bible with a Witness? I wish I knew who he was.... I'd show him these posts, and ask him to stop wasting his time.

So, you don't want to answer her question, but trying to goad her to answer yours?

My friend is coming around, he's starting to see the "REAL" truth.

djhwoodwerks

Live or Die, as a Christian I'm (trying to be) obedient to Jehovah and Jesus. Matthew 5:44 (Is this life all there is?)

I guess you'd be trying to be sooo obedient and loving while ISIS was over here raping and killing your wife, daughter, mother and sister too. I can hear you now, it's ok mom, Jehovah is watching, take one for the team!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This is the only response a JW can give when asked about the Kingdom. Because JW's are never taught what the Kingdom is, they're just taught to preach about it. JW's don't have a clue what the Kingdom is.

Ah, hedging...just I expected.
Can you please enlighten us then djh....I eagerly wait for your instruction.

What is God's kingdom and what is the "good news" about it? Then please tell us where the global witness about this kingdom, (that Jesus said would be given right up to the end of the system,) is taking place by Christendom. I keep waiting for them to come and give me this witness...but no one shows up....never have. Jehovah's Witnesses have always called as far back as I can remember.

....if you make more sense on the subject......can back up all that you say from the Bible instead of your current hostile (apostate) approach....and can accomplish what my brotherhood does globally, (Matt 24:14) then I will instantly follow you (or your designated church whichever one that may be among the thousands) as the one appointed by the Master. :D Deal?

djhwoodwerks

Ah, hedging...just I expected.
Can you please enlighten us then djh....I eagerly wait for your instruction.

What is God's kingdom and what is the "good news" about it? Then please tell us where the global witness about this kingdom, (that Jesus said would be given right up to the end of the system,) is taking place by Christendom. I keep waiting for them to come and give me this witness...but no one shows up....never have. Jehovah's Witnesses have always called as far back as I can remember.

....if you make more sense on the subject......can back up all that you say from the Bible instead of your current hostile (apostate) approach....and can accomplish what my brotherhood does globally, (Matt 24:14) then I will instantly follow you (or your designated church whichever one that may be among the thousands) as the one appointed by the Master. :D Deal?

What is the definition of "apostate"? Clearly I have never been a JW. My hostile approach? I prefer to say I'm adamant, not hostile.

The Kingdom of God is eternal life with Jesus as our King. No more evil, pain sickness, tears, just eternal life worshiping God. The "GOOD NEWS" or "GOSPEL" is Jesus Christ!

djhwoodwerks

Then please tell us where the global witness about this kingdom, (that Jesus said would be given right up to the end of the system,) is taking place by Christendom. I keep waiting for them to come and give me this witness...but no one shows up....never have. Jehovah's Witnesses have always called as far back as I can remember.

Just as at the last supper, when Jesus made a covenant with the 11 apostles, which they were the ones He was speaking to, it is with the spreading the Gospel. Wasn't Jesus talking to the 11 apostles when He said that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well turn on your TV or radio, there's plenty teaching and preaching on them. They can reach more people in 30 minutes than you can in a month. Who does a better job?
The Bible is the best thing we have for preaching the good news. The Jehovah's Witnesses are good for getting people to read it but people read it without them too.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Hockeycowboy It is very simple. If peace and unity are evidence of the blessing of Jehovah then it is for everyone. But do JWs believe that the peace, unity and brotherhood in other religious groups are evidence of the blessing of Jehovah?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
What is the definition of "apostate"? Clearly I have never been a JW. My hostile approach? I prefer to say I'm adamant, not hostile.

Your approach has the same tone as an apostate. You have been poisoned by them and now you are on a vendetta. The fact that you resurrected this old thread is proof of that.
But you know, not a single "sheep" will be put off by you.....just as a single "goat" will not be swayed by me. Jesus knows the difference and he is the judge. What you do and say about Christ's brothers, you do and say about him. That is the criteria for his judgment. (Matt 25:40, 45)
Just remember that the Jews cursed themselves with the blood of Christ, believing him to be a fake Messiah.....(Matt 27:25) Can you not be deceived just as easily? You think you are a match for the devil? o_O

The Kingdom of God is eternal life with Jesus as our King. No more evil, pain sickness, tears, just eternal life worshiping God. The "GOOD NEWS" or "GOSPEL" is Jesus Christ!

And as you demanded from me....where is your scriptural backup? How do you know that "you" will have eternal life with Jesus....and is that life in heaven or on earth?
"The good news of the kingdom" involves Jesus Christ but the kingdom itself is not Jesus.So what is it djh?

Just as at the last supper, when Jesus made a covenant with the 11 apostles, which they were the ones He was speaking to, it is with the spreading the Gospel. Wasn't Jesus talking to the 11 apostles when He said that?

Looking for a way out of personal responsibility for witnessing are we? Sorry, that doesn't wash.

Jesus sent out 70 to preach....not just the apostles.

Luke 10:1, 2:
"After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest."

Who are the workers djh? What is the harvest? Why are we to beg the Master for more workers?

Jesus also said that this good news of the kingdom would be given by his disciples right up to the end of the age......who is giving this witness? The churches? Never once had them preach to me about the kingdom...in fact, I have never had them preach to me at all. Literally MIA I would say.

Well turn on your TV or radio, there's plenty teaching and preaching on them. They can reach more people in 30 minutes than you can in a month. Who does a better job?

What of the poorer nations who have no internet, TV or radio? Or are we to witness only to first world nations? What of those in remote parts of the earth who would never hear the good news without someone to bring it to them in person?...to answer their questions...to study God's word with them?

Rom 10:13-15:
"For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!

Wherever people are, there you will find Jehovah's Witnesses. We witness by boat, canoe, on foot over mountains, in convoys, crossing rivers, visiting remote villages in the jungles, nothing stops us because we have a commission from Christ himself that involves people's lives.

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMinistry/pub-jwbrd_201511_2_VIDEO

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMinistry/pub-jwbrd_201602_1_VIDEO

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMinistry/pub-jwbrd_201509_1_VIDEO

What is the motive in making these difficult visits? Money? Hardly! Our literature is free. And these brothers are doing this at their own expense. It is love...."Love of God and neighbor". You can try and throw buckets of water all over this zeal, but you will never put out the fire.

Christendom can't even come and bring the Bible's message to people in their own neighborhoods.....let alone make this kind of effort. All of Jehovah's Witnesses are evangelizers because that is what we all should be....bearers of the good news.

To Timothy, Paul said:

2 Tim 4:1-5:
"I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom, 2 preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching. 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry."

Timothy wasn't an apostle. He was a Christian elder.

I know who is doing the will of God today and I am glad to be among them.....you are welcome to your own stilted opinion but I will stick to what I know is the truth.

As for the brother who is studying with you....please remember Jesus' words..."But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea." (Matt 18:6) :(

Please rethink your position.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for the brother who is studying with you....please remember Jesus' words..."But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea." (Matt 18:6) :(

Please rethink your position.
They have changed Matthew 18:6 to mean; whoever stubbles one of these little ones who have faith in the governing body of JW, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea. I am sure Jehovah will never show you that you have made your governing body equal to Jehovah and Jesus. "While still alive" believing it you will be thrown into the eternal fire with all the false prophets and the devil just like you say we will be.

djhwoodwerks

What you do and say about Christ's brothers, you do and say about him. That is the criteria for his judgment. (Matt 25:40, 45)
Just remember that the Jews cursed themselves with the blood of Christ, believing him to be a fake Messiah.....(Matt 27:25) Can you not be deceived just as easily? You think you are a match for the devil?

And who are Christ's brothers?

Mar 3:32-35 (ESVST) 32 And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, " Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you." 33 And he answered them, " Who are my mother and my brothers?" 34 And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, " Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother."

And guess what! This is "BEFORE" the Holy Spirit was poured out! No anointing here.

And what is the will of God?

Jn 6:40 (ESVST) 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

djhwoodwerks

Never once had them preach to me about the kingdom...in fact, I have never had them preach to me at all. Literally MIA I would say.

Why are you so concerned about other religions coming to you? You would not give them the time of day anyway, right?

djhwoodwerks

What of the poorer nations who have no internet, TV or radio? Or are we to witness only to first world nations? What of those in remote parts of the earth who would never hear the good news without someone to bring it to them in person?...to answer their questions...to study God's word with them?

I think you need to research other religions, before you condemn them. There are missionaries everywhere!

djhwoodwerks

Jesus sent out 70 to preach....not just the apostles.

Luke 10:1, 2:
"After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest."

Who are the workers djh? What is the harvest? Why are we to beg the Master for more workers?

Riddle me this Batman, if "EVERY" person is commanded to preach the Kingdom, why do we have to pray God will send workers into the harvest? Jesus commanded to pray to God to send workers, do JW's pray and ask God to do that?

djhwoodwerks

Rom 10:13-15:
"For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!

Why did the WT/GB insert Jehovah in Rom 10:13? The Bible clearly says that there is no other name "GIVEN AMONG MEN" that we are to be saved by! What name would that be? Hint: Not Jehovah

djhwoodwerks

Wherever people are, there you will find Jehovah's Witnesses. We witness by boat, canoe, on foot over mountains, in convoys, crossing rivers, visiting remote villages in the jungles, nothing stops us because we have a commission from Christ himself that involves people's lives.

Wherever people are, you will find wicked people, spreading death and destruction. What's your point?

djhwoodwerks

What is the motive in making these difficult visits? Money? Hardly! Our literature is free. And these brothers are doing this at their own expense. It is love...."Love of God and neighbor". You can try and throw buckets of water all over this zeal, but you will never put out the fire.

I have never, and will never deny that statement! I believe that 100%. Like I have said in previous posts, my battle is not against individual JW's, most are wonderful zealous for God people.

Rom 10:1-4 (ESVST) 1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

It's the WT/GB that is robbing all JW's of the truth!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Wars are the only fall back argument JW's have. You bore me.

According to 1 John 3:10-15, it's quite the important issue! And Jesus himself said (John 13:34-35) that the love they have for their brothers would IDENTIFY his followers!! And then, we also have Jesus' words at Matthew 7:21......"Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of the Heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father, who is in the Heavens, will."

What is 'the Father's' will?