• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why exactly do Jehovah's Witnesses evangelize?

blue taylor

Regarding God's Kingdom, please read Isaiah 9:6-9, and Daniel 2:44.

And where do you get "No compassion for others, no forgiveness for others"? Is this in relation to disfellowshipping?
Thousands are re-instated, every year! Welcomed back! (My ex-wife was one. Twice!) You are not getting the full truth regarding Jehovah's Witnesses, only half-truths, which means half-lies. But that's your decision.

What's the "weird version of life after death"?
What is not a weird version of life after death?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe we are to listen to JW nonsense. I know it is a FACT that most people won't listen. If people won't listen they won't know what is coming. I think we should know what is coming.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are you going to answer the question? What is your proof that God's command is we "obey those taking the lead"? You SHOULD be able to prove it. Can you?

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you." (NASB)

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit to them: for they watch in behalf of your souls, as they that shall give account; that they may do this with joy, and not with grief: for this were unprofitable for you." (ASV)

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you." (ESV)

"Continue to obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls give as those who must give an account. Let them do this with joy, and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you" (Mounce Interlinear)

"Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you." (NKJV)

I think the accepted Bible translators agree with me. Why would anyone have a problem with that except those who want it to say otherwise?

Numbers 16:2-3

Num 16:2, 3:
" 250 prominent Israelite men who were leaders of the community and representatives in the assembly, and they rebelled against Moses. 3 They came together against Moses and Aaron and told them, “You have gone too far! Everyone in the entire community is holy, and the Lord is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the Lord’s assembly?” (Holman)

Perhaps you should have quoted the result of that confrontation....

Num 16:20-33:
"20 The Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, 21 “Separate yourselves from this community so I may consume them instantly.”

22 But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and said, “God, God of the spirits of all flesh, when one man sins, will You vent Your wrath on the whole community?”

23 The Lord replied to Moses
, 24 “Tell the community: Get away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.

25 Moses got up and went to Dathan and Abiram, and the elders of Israel followed him. 26 He warned the community, “Get away now from the tents of these wicked men. Don’t touch anything that belongs to them, or you will be swept away because of all their sins.” 27 So they got away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. Meanwhile, Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the entrance of their tents with their wives, children, and infants.

28 Then Moses said, “This is how you will know that the Lord sent me to do all these things and that it was not of my own will
: 29 If these men die naturally as all people would, and suffer the fate of all, then the Lord has not sent me. 30 But if the Lord brings about something unprecedented, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them along with all that belongs to them so that they go down alive into Sheol, then you will know that these men have despised the Lord.

31 Just as he finished speaking all these words, the ground beneath them split open. 32 The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, all Korah’s people, and all their possessions. 33 They went down alive into Sheol with all that belonged to them. The earth closed over them, and they vanished from the assembly"

This what happens when we oppose those whom God has put in their place.[/QUOTE]

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
What is not a weird version of life after death?
Death, in the Bible, is "unconsciousness", "non-awareness", likened to "sleep." -- John 11:11-13; Acts of the Apostles 7:60; Psalms 146:3-4; Ecclesiastes 9:5; et.al. (This is way different than what is taught in most churches!)

Dead ones will live again, only when they will be resurrected (John 5:28-29; Acts of the Apostles 24:15. Note the future tense of the verbs, in both verses), which Jesus said will occur "in the Last Day." -- John 6:44.

And notice again John 5:28-29. When this Resurrection occurs in the future, where did Jesus say they will be coming from? From 'heaven'? From 'hell'? No....righteous and unrighteous will "come out" from the "memorial tombs"! And not zombie-like, but as normal humans.

Although, for a relative few, there are some chosen to be with Christ, as kings in heaven. Part of God's Kingdom. -- See Revelation 21:3-4...."a voice from the throne say, 'Look the tent of God is with mankind....no pain.....no death." Really, a fulfillment to the Lord's Prayer at Matthew 6:9-10, "Thy will be done...... on Earth."

You won't hear this in Christendom. But it is a very easy to understand truth.

Take care!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Death, in the Bible, is "unconsciousness", "non-awareness", likened to "sleep." -- John 11:11-13; Acts of the Apostles 7:60; Psalms 146:3-4; Ecclesiastes 9:5; et.al. (This is way different than what is taught in most churches!)

Dead ones will live again, only when they will be resurrected (John 5:28-29; Acts of the Apostles 24:15. Note the future tense of the verbs, in both verses), which Jesus said will occur "in the Last Day." -- John 6:44.

And notice again John 5:28-29. When this Resurrection occurs in the future, where did Jesus say they will be coming from? From 'heaven'? From 'hell'? No....righteous and unrighteous will "come out" from the "memorial tombs"! And not zombie-like, but as normal humans.

Although, for a relative few, there are some chosen to be with Christ, as kings in heaven. Part of God's Kingdom. -- See Revelation 21:3-4...."a voice from the throne say, 'Look the tent of God is with mankind....no pain.....no death." Really, a fulfillment to the Lord's Prayer at Matthew 6:9-10, "Thy will be done...... on Earth."

You won't hear this in Christendom. But it is a very easy to understand truth.

Take care!
You are TOO funny taking two sides of the same argument. YOU say "they are Babylon the Great" who God will destroy at Armageddon......but they are RIGHT about what the word of God means. Amazing! Simply amazing! LOL

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
What's Bible canon?
Accepted scripture. If there was not one accepted canon of scripture, then humans could make up their own version of events...they do it anyway, but because all have the same writings, we are all judged the same way with the same words of the same book.

The current canon is accepted by all the churches, which gives no one an excuse for ignorance.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God will destroy Babylon the Great though they teach some things right like the governing body teach some things right why???????????????????
Oh yes, I remember. According to the JWs it is only JWs that are willing to be corrected by God......Just like JWs know the hearts of all other people.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Am I understanding you correctly @Deeje? Babylon says Hebrews 13:17 says, "obey" so that is what it says?

According to the JWs Babylon teaches the truth (like JWs teach the truth) but God will destroy them. Do you @Deeje really have no idea how stupid that is?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Deeje has proof that Hebrews 13:17 says, "obey". Her proof is all the Bibles that Babylon the Great have authored have written there "obey". Do you not think that believing that way is crooked and more than a little weird? See post #225

InChrist

Free4ever
No church has ever sent people to my door to offer me good news about the kingdom. The only ones who come with this message in all nations is Jehovah's Witnesses. This is how I heard the message.

Maybe no church has sent people to your door because the Bible says Christian believers and laborers are not to go door to door...
And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.
Luke 10:7

I'd say the Watchtower has its members deceived going from house to house contrary to the admonition of the Bible and preaching a false gospel from the true good news of the scriptures which is to be repentance and remission of sins in the name of Jesus Christ.

Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things. Luke 24:46-48

djhwoodwerks

I believe it is more important to know the Father and his son intimately (John 17:3) and to to see the role of the holy spirit in directing all that is in accord with God's will.
We get baptized in full knowledge of all of the above. Can Christendom make the same claim....seriously? Your arguments are incredibly shallow.

I see, so what a JW believes, overrides what Jesus commanded, correct?

djhwoodwerks

Do you think that reciting the words over a helpless infant make a baptism more acceptable to God?

Who said anything about a helpless infant? Do you think being baptized into an organization is more acceptable to God than doing what His Son commanded?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Maybe no church has sent people to your door because the Bible says Christian believers and laborers are not to go door to door...
And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.
Luke 10:7

I'd say the Watchtower has its members deceived going from house to house contrary to the admonition of the Bible and preaching a false gospel from the true good news of the scriptures which is to be repentance and remission of sins in the name of Jesus Christ.

Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things. Luke 24:46-48

If its one thing that exposes a person's lack of Bible knowledge, its taking verses out of context.

What does the context indicate here IC?

Luke 10:1-7:
"Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. 2 And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no money belt, no bag, no shoes; and greet no one on the way. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house.’ 6 If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; but if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you; for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not keep moving from house to house."

What is this scripture really saying? Was it a contradiction of Acts 5:42
"And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus." (ESV)

or Acts 20:20?
"how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house" (ESV)

The scripture in Luke was about staying with one family to impart knowledge to them rather than transferring from house to house before a thorough witness could be given. It had nothing to do with the house to house ministry that they conducted. Its called the apostolic method, not because it was only apostles who participated in it but because they set the example of how the preaching work was to be done. 'Beseeching the Master to send out more workers' was not asking for more apostles.....it was a request for more preachers. (Matt 10:11-15) Those who obey the Christ are out doing what he told them to do.

Jesus' words to his disciples as was departing were....
Acts 1:8:
" but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”

He also said in Matt 24:14 that "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."

The preaching of the good news had to be carried on right till the end of the present system of things.....who was supposed to do this work of taking the kingdom message to the remotest parts of the earth? The apostles? They have been out of action for almost two thousand years now....yet the preaching work is being conducted just as Jesus said it would....in "all the world"....just not by the churches.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I see, so what a JW believes, overrides what Jesus commanded, correct?

I don't think you "see" much of anything djh. You just think you do.

Who said anything about a helpless infant?

Christendom baptizes infants...do they not? Is this scriptural? Is that an acceptable baptism in your estimations?

Do you think being baptized into an organization is more acceptable to God than doing what His Son commanded?

Since all who served God in the past had to belong to the visible part of his organized people, I see that as a requirement, rather than sprinkling a bit of water on a baby's head and uttering some words that will mean very little in that child's life.

Baptism is a commitment that requires a decision to serve God for all time to come as a follower of his son.
Is Christendom doing what Christ commanded? They certainly didn't when I was part of the church. The reason I left was because I saw nothing but hypocrisy.
With one corner of their mouth they praised the Prince of Peace whilst with the other they support the bloodshed of their nations. Is this doing what Christ commanded? o_O

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you." (NASB)

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit to them: for they watch in behalf of your souls, as they that shall give account; that they may do this with joy, and not with grief: for this were unprofitable for you." (ASV)

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you." (ESV)

"Continue to obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls give as those who must give an account. Let them do this with joy, and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you" (Mounce Interlinear)

"Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you." (NKJV)

I think the accepted Bible translators agree with me. Why would anyone have a problem with that except those who want it to say otherwise?

Num 16:2, 3:
" 250 prominent Israelite men who were leaders of the community and representatives in the assembly, and they rebelled against Moses. 3 They came together against Moses and Aaron and told them, “You have gone too far! Everyone in the entire community is holy, and the Lord is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the Lord’s assembly?” (Holman)

Perhaps you should have quoted the result of that confrontation....

Num 16:20-33:
"20 The Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, 21 “Separate yourselves from this community so I may consume them instantly.”

22 But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and said, “God, God of the spirits of all flesh, when one man sins, will You vent Your wrath on the whole community?”

23 The Lord replied to Moses
, 24 “Tell the community: Get away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.

25 Moses got up and went to Dathan and Abiram, and the elders of Israel followed him. 26 He warned the community, “Get away now from the tents of these wicked men. Don’t touch anything that belongs to them, or you will be swept away because of all their sins.” 27 So they got away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. Meanwhile, Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the entrance of their tents with their wives, children, and infants.

28 Then Moses said, “This is how you will know that the Lord sent me to do all these things and that it was not of my own will
: 29 If these men die naturally as all people would, and suffer the fate of all, then the Lord has not sent me. 30 But if the Lord brings about something unprecedented, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them along with all that belongs to them so that they go down alive into Sheol, then you will know that these men have despised the Lord.

31 Just as he finished speaking all these words, the ground beneath them split open. 32 The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, all Korah’s people, and all their possessions. 33 They went down alive into Sheol with all that belonged to them. The earth closed over them, and they vanished from the assembly"

This what happens when we oppose those whom God has put in their place.
What Babylon the Great says the scriptures mean matters to your governing body and your governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses goes after them to teach them but what they say does not matter to me. I asked you for scriptural proof that Hebrews 13:17 says, "obey".
Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Does it say, "they consulted the Pharisees about it"? It is what your governing body does.