• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Don't the Vedas Mention Rama or Krishna?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"Dharmic people say that Veda were revealed scriptures":

"The two qualifying features of a Hindu are faith in one Supreme God and belief in the authority of the Vedas and following the principles enshrined in them. The Vedas are accepted by everyone in Hindu dharma. The Vedas are ancient shastras taken as direct revelations by God to the enlightened rishis of India. As such, they have not originated at a particular time in history and are believed to be eternal and of divine origin. The Vedas are also known as the Shruti Shastras. Shruti means ‘that which is heard,’ i.e., the divine utterances revealed to the rishis by Bhagwan."
Belief in the Revealed Scriptures

Regards
I just quoted from a Hindu site, perhaps one missed it, its link is given in the end of it. Please click it Belief in the Revealed Scriptures.
Regards

Jedster

Let's hold an election to nominate a Hindu Caliph. I nominate @paarsurrey.
@Kirran @paarsurrey

He obviously wouldn't fit.
He denies that Krishna is God yet says he say he read the Bagavad Gita, and since he says "Krishna is a Post-Veda prophet of the Dharmic people.", he must accept the Bagavad Gita as a 'revealed scripture'
I asked him to explain chapter 4 of the BG , yet ignored the post.

Here is your opportunity @paarsurrey to answer just a little bit of what you have ignored.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
@Kirran @paarsurrey

He denies that Krishna is God yet says he say he read the Bagavad Gita, and since he says "Krishna is a Post-Veda prophet of the Dharmic people.", he must accept the Bagavad Gita as a 'revealed scripture'

Here is your opportunity @paarsurrey to answer just a little bit of what you have ignored.

Basically he comes at with the assumption that Ahmadi doctrine is correct, so interprets everything in light of that. This makes it easy for him to "see" that the true parts of these texts are the ones which can be bent to support that, and the corrupted parts are the parts which don't. He then is confused as to why we can't see this, as it's so clear!

Jedster

Basically he comes at with the assumption that Ahmadi doctrine is correct, so interprets everything in light of that. This makes it easy for him to "see" that the true parts of these texts are the ones which can be bent to support that, and the corrupted parts are the parts which don't. He then is confused as to why we can't see this, as it's so clear!
..or he is just extracting the urine or it's organised hypocracy OR it's a bot :D (AI can be amazing these days)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why Don't the Vedas Mention Rama?

Rama is also is also of Post-Veda Period. He lived about 200 years before Krishna. Right? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@Kirran @paarsurrey

"Lord Krishna is not the Supreme God."
Bhagavad Gita - Is Lord Krishna really the Supreme God?
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But Muhammad is predicted in the Veda as per "Dr. Zakir Naik discovering Muhammad in hindu scriptures", and Dr. Zakir Naik is a Muslim scholar of secular India.
Right?
Regards
It takes a certain bold generosity to call Zakir Naik a scholar.

One that I advise against considering.