• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Don't The Progressives Care About the Injustices Toward Arabs from Arab Governments?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Really?

I posted a video of an arab leader on arab TV saying arab men should rape Israeli women, and not one of the anti-Israel people chimed in. Go figure:shrug:

Let's get one fact straight: I am NOT anti-Israel.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok CMike, let's back up the bus. Read the VERY FIRST REPLY of your thread and tell me I didn't speak out about this:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...5-palestinian-women-says-tv-arabs-should.html

In case, here it is, the red, bolded, underlined portion is what matters:

ssainhu said:
I don't know Arabic well enough to comment on the accuracy of the clip. However, if that is an accurate translation, then she is a sick piece of crap.

I don't know if you just feel like ******* with my head or if you really skip over my posts because you think you know what I'm going to say, but next time, think and research before you accuse me of something.

Alceste

Vagabond
WHERE? Direct me to this post and I'll have a read.

Amen. I recall replying to something similar saying that if the translation is correct and this idiot is calling for such horrific acts, then it's inexcusable.

Seriously, do I have to search every anti-Arab thread on here and reply? I'd be here all day and night, and I have a family. :rolleyes:
I replied to that one too. It's possible that she was inspired by an Israeli professor making the same comments. Both suck. What more is there to say? Does anybody want to defend rape as a military tactic? If so, we can get a right old debate going.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Why are the progressives defending these arab countries and their treatment of their citizens? At the very least why don't they ever criticize them?
While we are on the subject, I don't see daily rallies against Arab administrations by the right.

Why is this?

As for me, I generally don't attend protests against Israeli aggression any more. They aren't listening. Which is fair enough. My local MP doesn't care about my opinion, why the hell would an Israeli war machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

CMike

Ok CMike, let's back up the bus. Read the VERY FIRST REPLY of your thread and tell me I didn't speak out about this:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...5-palestinian-women-says-tv-arabs-should.html

In case, here it is, the red, bolded, underlined portion is what matters:

I don't know if you just feel like ******* with my head or if you really skip over my posts because you think you know what I'm going to say, but next time, think and research before you accuse me of something.
Very impressive.

CMike

Israel's new motto: "The Land of the Unicorn and Rainbows" :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Arab countries are perfect... they are FAR FROM it. But your generalizations and lumping everyone into one category sucks.

Really? Which arab government surrounding Israel gives rights to women, and basic civil rights to it's citizens?

Please feel free to use a second page if necessary.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Very impressive.

It's not easy being wrong, I get that. ;)

Really? Which arab government surrounding Israel gives rights to women, and basic civil rights to it's citizens?

Please feel free to use a second page if necessary.

Can you tell me where I said Arab countries are in good shape in terms of women's rights? No, because I haven't said that... not even once. As a matter of fact, once again, I have criticized and ridiculed these ridiculous cultures for treating their women like cattle... even worse than cattle.

However, you are not going to convince me that Israel is the Utopia you make it out to be. Do you read your posts? There is no Utopia; every country and every culture has its downside. I'm just not above admitting to them.

CMike

It's not easy being wrong, I get that. ;)

Can you tell me where I said Arab countries are in good shape in terms of women's rights? No, because I haven't said that... not even once. As a matter of fact, once again, I have criticized and ridiculed these ridiculous cultures for treating their women like cattle... even worse than cattle.

However, you are not going to convince me that Israel is the Utopia you make it out to be. Do you read your posts? There is no Utopia; every country and every culture has its downside. I'm just not above admitting to them.
You said I was lumping them all in one category.

So I asked to please list the arab governments surrounding Israel that give women rights.

Those governments are? Hamas? Gaza? Syria? Egypt? Which ones please?

And those

Aquitaine

It's not torture.

And in this case it led to information that stopped at least two major terrorist attacks within America and led to gettind rid of OBL/

Obviously Hussein had WMD. He used them. We know he used them.

They were transfered to Syria. Did you expect him to just leave them just laying around when US forces came into Iraq.

Oh dear lord, you poor thing.

Regarding Waterboarding not being torture, if done on an American by a foreign individual it can be punishable by death in a US court.

Regarding Saddam having WMD's, straight outta Bush's mouth:

[youtube]f_A77N5WKWM[/youtube]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWM

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Okay...I know I am going to regret this but I don't get it.:shrug:

Women have no rights in almost all arab countries, especially the ones fighting Israel.

They can be beaten legally for any reason.

They can be beaten/killed for going outside without a male chaperone.

They must legally wear the black "outerwear" or face punishment.

They must abide by Shaira law.

Men as well have no rights.

There is no right to a trial much less a fair trial.

There are no civil rights.

It's illegal to be homosexual.

The arabs living in Israel proper have a higher standard of living than in any arab country. They have full civil rights. They can vote, and are represented in parliament. An arab is part of the Israeli Supreme Court and arabs hold numerous political positions in Israel.

In Tel Aviv there is an annual gay parade.

Why are the progressives defending these arab countries and their treatment of their citizens? At the very least why don't they ever criticize them?
I have some question

Israeli army killed our women and kids and you blamed us that we beat them :facepalm:

you give to jewish minority " gay" right , and abuse (take the rights) to millions of people in WB and Gaza ? is that make sense ?

gay parade , how about the lesbien parade ?

are you want all Israeli jewish men becomes gays ?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Rewrite it in English and I may be able to answer.

Rude.

You said I was lumping them all in one category.

So I asked to please list the arab governments surrounding Israel that give women rights.

Those governments are? Hamas? Gaza? Syria? Egypt? Which ones please?

And those

No you were wrong when you said I didn't reply to your thread about the Arab leader encouraging rape of Israei women. I already said 50 different ways that the countries in the ME leave a lot to be desired in terms of women's rights. We disagree on your idea of an Israeli Utopia.

Alceste

Vagabond
No you were wrong when you said I didn't reply to your thread about the Arab leader encouraging rape of Israei women. I already said 50 different ways that the countries in the ME leave a lot to be desired in terms of women's rights. We disagree on your idea of an Israeli Utopia.

I think the real question here is "why won't progressives play along when I attempt to deflect criticism of Isreal's human rights abuses by changing the subject to unrelated human rights abuses in the Arab world?"

And the answer is, we're just not that stupid.

Shad

Veteran Member
Forced changes by an external influence will have the opposite effect. Change must come within. One also should consider that sometimes it is better to have change over time rather than rapid progress. The Wests rapid progress steps on a few toes to put it lightly. Beside we are already seeing changes within the youth population as technology becomes more accessible.

Last edited:

dantech

Forced changes by an external influence will have the opposite effect. Change must come within. One also should consider that sometimes it is better to have change over time rather than rapid progress. The Wests rapid progress steps on a few toes to put it lightly. Beside we are already seeing changes within the youth population as technology becomes more accessible.

You're right about that. The photoshop, and social media skills during this conflict have been very impressive! Hey... They were even capable of turning #HitlerWasRight and #HitlerDidNothingWrong into a trend on Twitter. Add that meme about killing most of the Jews and leaving only a few so people would know why he killed them, and it will only become painfully obvious how there are changes within the youth as technology becomes more accessible.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
I certainly never met any right wingers at meetings and demos about arms sales to violent Arab states.