• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't atheists change faiths very often?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the meek (gentle - NKJV), for they shall inherit the earth. Jesus declares a "blessing" (happiness) on those who are meek.

Galatians 5:22,23 - Meekness is one of the fruits of the Spirit - qualities that we must possess if we are led by the Spirit.

Proverbs 16:18,19 - Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. It is better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly.
Meekness and Humility: God's Cure for Pride, Arrogance and Haughtiness
Jesus pbuh was meek and humble in the NT when people asked about eternal salvation?

I have started two threads for that exact discussion with Muslims. Both got frustrated because they couldn't counter my claims and quit. If there is going to be a third thread with a Muslim on the subject you would have to create it.
Post the links, and I'll add to them if required.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I said nothing about whether I like or hate beer, because it is trivial and irrelevant.

So you weren't being sarcastic when you posted.
"Alcohol sure has had a great effect on the earth so far."

I assume that would include beer.

QuestioningMind

This isn't proving a negative, it is proving your assertion, that you consequentially make, by stating that theism needs to be proved. You do have that necessity, when you claim that theists have to prove theism.

==

The argument is then contextual to equal 'proofs'.

This is why, it is nonsensical, to state that theists have the burden of proof

Actually attempting to prove that something does NOT exist IS attempting to prove a negative. Can you PROVE that pink unicorns do NOT exist? You are welcome to try, but you won't succeed. I am the one making the fantastical claim that pink unicorns DO exist, thus it is up to ME to provide evidence to back up my claim. The fact that you can't prove that they do NOT exist does absolutely NOTHING to support my claim that they do. The burden of proof is on ME.

The same holds true for a person's claim that God(s) actually exists.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Jesus pbuh was meek and humble in the NT when people asked about eternal salvation?
Yes he was and the duty of Christians is to imitative him. wHAT YOU SUGGESTED CONTRADICTED HIM.

Post the links, and I'll add to them if required.
This is not one of the better ones but I didn't want to spend an hour looking for a better one.

F0uad and 1robin Koran and Bible

If that does not get into the topics I brought up just look for those two names 1robin and Fouad. I know we had at least one.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
So you weren't being sarcastic when you posted.
"Alcohol sure has had a great effect on the earth so far."

I assume that would include beer.
I didn't make any statements about anyone being sarcastic. I said your core claim was trivial.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I didn't make any statements about anyone being sarcastic. I said your core claim was trivial.

It's your statement, I'm just trying to understand it. If your on board with the goodness of alcohol, I guess we are in agreement. :glomp:

gnostic

The Lost One
syncretic said:
Why don't atheists change faiths very often?

I am not an atheist, but doesn't "atheist" mean a person who don't believe in the existence of god or gods?

If theist mean a person who believe in god or gods, and faith is about accepting such belief, then an atheist would be the one who lost this faith of his or hers, not change faith.

So what I am trying to say is that "losing faith", doesn't mean "changing faith"; atheism means it is about not having faith at all, particularly of the theistic kind.

Changing faith mean someone who is either changing religion or believing in a different god or gods.

Atheism is not a religion, because religion mean a systematic set of belief, where one believe in supernatural beings and people would worship that beings. Atheists don't worship anything because they no longer believe.

That's how understand what atheism is.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
It's your statement, I'm just trying to understand it. If your on board with the goodness of alcohol, I guess we are in agreement. :glomp:
What a person likes and whether a thing is in general good for human population are two different things. I like to drink a beer or get a mixed drink a few times a year but alcohol in general is one of the most destructive chemicals people have ever consumed. IMO you have some very tragic life lessons on the way.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What a person likes and whether a thing is in general good for human population are two different things. I like to drink a beer or get a mixed drink a few times a year but alcohol in general is one of the most destructive chemicals people have ever consumed. IMO you have some very tragic life lessons on the way.

Thank you for you concern.