• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does An Archangel From Heaven Have to Debate For Years They Exist?

Do you think Zanda is an archangel?

• Yes

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Not sure? Ask...

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Obviously, at least to me, there is no free will if ‘the CPU’ already ,knows all future outcomes.
My own internal bias is my hang-up. I don't see any way around it. he could be 100% right, and I'm too stubborn to accept any Messiah real or fake ( at this point in my spiritual journey, at least ). I don't even know if I believe in Prophets, and that's part of my own chosen religion and ethnic heritage. Where I'm at now? There's no hope to convince me that anyone is the Messiah.

( I feel like there's a song in there somewhere, don't you? Something like the trans-denominational blues? )

Shad

Veteran Member
Frank wrote some great stuff. I read the whole series. My only major criticism is that the constant description of rooms - their dimensions, the plas furniture etc - got on my nerves.
Apart from that one very minor feature, he did an extraordinary job of exploring a variety of mindsets.

I favor a style which drops details in a few places in a book then relies upon reader memory to reconstruct the image.

In relation to this thread - the main theme was the paradox of predestination and free will.
Paul Muad'Dib struggled with that in his spice sessions.

Problem I found the issue was really side stepped to Leto whom checked both boxes without issue plot-wise.

Obviously, at least to me, there is no free will if ‘the CPU’ already ,knows all future outcomes.
This is where @wizanda’s logic most clearly fails IMO.

This is typically resolved or answered with the classical idea of God via perfection and omniscience if you accept those ideas.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
( I feel like there's a song in there somewhere, don't you? Something like the trans-denominational blues? )

It wouldn’t hurt if a song along those lines was an international hit. If I were producing it, I would make it appealing to westerners and Iranians. Maybe set in an outdoor rave. Mix it up.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I favor a style which drops details in a few places in a book then relies upon reader memory to reconstruct the image.

I’m with you on that, although I have read books where detailed description was a primary feature and really enjoyed it. It comes down to the writer’s skill set and intention I guess.

This is typically resolved or answered with the classical idea of God via perfection and omniscience if you accept those ideas.

Honestly, I resolved it by deciding to not give a **** about it. Buddha would include ideas like that in ‘the imponderables’ - pointless to pursue and not necessary for liberation.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I knew you reminded me of someone.

Paul Muad'Dib
Well done young Fremen, the Spice has flowed strong in you.

'His name becomes a killing sound':
  • Zander is a prehistoric fish that keeps numbers down.
  • Skanda is the destroyer at the End of Time.
  • Zan is a version of Zeus.
  • Zan is a mattock or sickle in ancient Hebrew.
  • Zand means exegesis in Persian, and Ahura Mazda (Lord of Wisdom) is a angram of Zanda.
  • Just like the name is not Paul as the Messiah really as placed in Dune; neither is it Peter, and Pan is the name of the Son of Zeus.
See the metaphors and come out of it one of The Lost Boys - with your marbles; get the wrong Lost Boys as a Vampire drinking blood, and don't get eternal life.

Interesting we're here before the End of Time, and you'd think people would recognize the name becomes a Killing Sound.
This is where @wizanda’s logic most clearly fails IMO.
Ultimately: "We do not play the game; the game plays us, we just have free choice or options."

Every decision we've ever made was delivered to us, we've chosen left or right; we think we choose, yet it is an illusion of choice.

The CPU already sees the vast array of outcomes, before they've ever happened, and infinity is a construct.

A place before maths was invented, is the origin of consciousness, with enough Spice we can see this or we die trying.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
I feel like there's a song in there somewhere, don't you?
Firstly don't make your own song up; we sing a new song, and that song is sung by Oneness...

Oneness is the song that has already been sung by all the Archangels as One in the world's religious texts; which is a clearer message than one bias view, with many contradictions.
Something like the trans-denominational blues?
A Messianic theme tune; where "They need a wash" is a metaphor for Baptism. :p

There's no hope to convince me that anyone is the Messiah.
Because the current maths doesn't fit the model; wipe the model, build Precept upon Precept with a Tanakh+, etc.
My own internal bias is my hang-up.
The beginning of wisdom is being able to say, "I Do not know".
he could be 100% right,
Only the Source is 100% right; I'd not even give a boolean sum like that on anything.

I can give a percentage on me being Messiah based on everything God has said, and what is in many of the world's religious texts - Which is 92% based on evidence.

Normally it takes me 82% to speak on something, which is a lot of data; this is so overwhelming, I need help even believing it.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I've just woken up and no miracle occurred overnight:

I haven't been miraculously cured :(

But somehow I'm not surprised...

wizanda

Premium Member
But somehow I'm not surprised...
I'm not surprised, and can see the same symptoms I saw in my brother of running ahead without data.

Firstly legitimize everything; if there is something random make it logical.

So where is Butterfly from? Are you a Gemini Star-sign or born in the Summer? As many automatically love Butterflies due to the nature of being born then.

Is there a potentiality it is logical to hear the Source of reality through feeling, and do many religions exists, with billions of subscribers because of this?

Can throwing things at the Doctor in a White Robe sent before the End of Time, help us deal with our issues?

What can deal with the issues?

Sitting down and dealing with each patiently; which is why we have patients that need care.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Where I'm at now? There's no hope to convince me that anyone is the Messiah.

This one says it nicely.

I like it... it was perfect for my mood last night.

But, I was kinda thinking something more bluesy... but still optimistic... like this: The Alumni Blues.. by The Phish... ( link )

Here's the lyrics in a spoiler just to save space as people are scrolling by...

lyrics:

Woke up this morning
And I had those Walking Blues
Woke up this morning
And I had those Walking Blues
I wasn't walkin' nowhere ... 'cause ... I didn't have no legs! :eek::confused:

Chorus: ( Call and response repeated 8 times )

Well I'm alright , he's alright :rolleyes::D

Staring over the edge of the bed
My old lady turned to me, and she started to cry
Staring over the edge of the bed
My old lady turned to me and she started to cry
She said "I'm gonna take this diploma,
I'm gonna slice you in the eye!" :eek::confused:

Chorus: Well, I'm alright... :rolleyes::D

Escaping through my window
There's a policeman, on the lawn outside my home
Escaping through my window
There's a policeman on the lawn outside my home
I opened my mouth to scream ... but my throat was full of foam

So I'm sittin' in this cell
My fortune dwindled to a thimble full of filth
So I'm sittin' in this cell
My fortune dwindled to a thimble full of filth
I may spend the rest of my life in jail ... but at least it's got a floor! :eek::confused:

Chorus: Well, I'm alright... :rolleyes::D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm not surprised, and can see the same symptoms I saw in my brother of running ahead without data.

Firstly legitimize everything; if there is something random make it logical.

So where is Butterfly from? Are you a Gemini Star-sign or born in the Summer? As many automatically love Butterflies due to the nature of being born then.

Is there a potentiality it is logical to hear the Source of reality through feeling, and do many religions exists, with billions of subscribers because of this?

Can throwing things at the Doctor in a White Robe sent before the End of Time, help us deal with our issues?

What can deal with the issues?

Sitting down and dealing with each patiently; which is why we have patients that need care.

...in other words, you cannot cure me like how Jesus could :p

But it doesn't matter, I think you're an OK guy and don't think any less of you as a human being because you are unable to cast out demons :)

wizanda

Premium Member
why not open a church to teach people about Oneness?
Because people don't follow the religions they've already got; thus it wouldn't create positive results.

If people were willing to embrace they could be wrong, then maybe; yet currently it would be like trying to educate children who want to argue with everything, even if they don't understand it.

Thus if no one takes the poll seriously, we can wait until the Messianic Age, and educate those mature enough to relate or even raise others, rather than compete.

wizanda

Premium Member
In conclusion, folks, the world is doomed.
Doomed isn't the only option: we could understand the Bible between us, educate the Jews, then as Messiah we can lead the world into Peace (Zechariah 12:7-10).

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Doomed isn't the only option: we could understand the Bible between us, educate the Jews, then as Messiah we can lead the world into Peace (Zechariah 12:7-10).

Yet you refuse to do it outside of this forum. Some savior you are.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There seems to be an alternative between this forum and the outside world as well - Youtube.

Just read the rules there first to try to reduce the odds you'll have videos removed.

wizanda

Premium Member
Yet you refuse to do it outside of this forum. Some savior you are.
Also been on many chat systems, and Paltalk talking to a professor of Kabbalah for 13 years, called 'The Seventh Beggar' - which is based on the story by Rabbi-Nachman...

Have told him prophecy in detail; yet he has refused to acknowledge it is real - as no one agrees already.